• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Guled said:
I'll try to keep the old team but it looks like I wont be able to go to japan then, o well, Noz will most likely take my place, he deserves it. I'll make xintin leader or something and then we work from then, but first let me get the team unlocked

Ok, well stay with the team, I have no problem splitting the prize with all that particpate if it comes to that.

Guled

MiamiWesker said:
Ok, well stay with the team, I have no problem splitting the prize with all that particpate if it comes to that.
I will, I might have to make a new account. dose the prize money get split up, or is it that we each get what ever amount it is?

xintin

MiamiWesker said:
same, and i didnt mean to call you old :lol
just used to being the oldest most places I go xD

Guled said:
I will, I might have to make a new account. dose the prize money get split up, or is it that we each get what ever amount it is?

From reading the rules I think only the 6 that go to Japan get the actual check and stuff, which I don't think is fair if others were a big part of gettting them there,

I just heard from a friend that won a Sega tournament about the horrors of taxes that comes with a trip like this, apparently you must pay taxes on everything they give you, flight, hotel, food, prize... yikes.

xintin

MiamiWesker said:
I just heard from a friend that won a Sega tournament about the horrors of taxes that comes with a trip like this, apparently you must pay taxes on everything they give you, flight, hotel, food, prize... yikes.
...can you use the prize money itself? :lol

xintin said:
...can you use the prize money itself? :lol

Yes. :lol

My friend won $15k, it was a trip to LA, hotel, etc, total expenses he said totaled to $30k (including the prize). It was like $2k in taxes total.

Guled

MiamiWesker said:
From reading the rules I think only the 6 that go to Japan get the actual check and stuff, which I don't think is fair if others were a big part of gettting them there,

we deal with that if it comes with it. But if we get 3rd, we still get a cash prize. anyway, Im going to sleep now and will deal with GB tom

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MiamiWesker said:
Yes. :lol

My friend won $15k, it was a trip to LA, hotel, etc, total expenses he said totaled to $30k (including the prize). It was like $2k in taxes total.
what game was he playing? :eek:

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
vg7xbn.jpg

Facism

only 5 points a round? When the EU EX lobbies max out at 20 people in each all day long, i think they need a greater incentive that 5 points per match to pull people into them.

i just had probably one of the worst experiences with this game in my entire history of playing online games

i haven't played it in a bit, but i started off in some automatching lobby and started playing a team deathmatch game

the map was the busted up base (low rise, urban, destroyed ruins, lots of black) - i walk up to the enemy's area and there is this guy on my team playing CPC with one of the guys on the other team. he looks at me, then holds the enemy by the throat and walks up to me without doing anything. then he starts following me, and keeps showing me he has the guy under his control, i keep ignoring him, but he continues to follow me

i figure he wants me to execute the enemy? so i shoot the enemy player in the head but that doesn't kill him. the guy immediately drops the enemy and then proceeds to hit me and CPC disable me.

while this bludgeoning idiot is coming after me - some dude snipes us both killing us. the idiot has the nerve to say "don't steal my kills beeeech" - and then he made the rest of the game a miserable hell for me, CPC-disable, putting me to sleep through the tranq, shooting me just enough in the head to kill me, etc.

is this the kind of 13 year zit faced idiots playing this game? dear lord... i've never had this kind of an experience, the kid has serious anger management issues. the insane thing is that i couldn't even chat - the game was completely disabled after he choked me and left me on the ground - and there was no way to get up (i kept moving the left stick but it mostly did nothing)...

seriously, after this experience, my whole desire to keep playing this game has fallen to zero, not even with the screaming teenagers in halo 3, have i ever come across this kind of an asshole online

Killthee

Augemitbutter said:
any reason why this is on automatching only?
Probably because those lobbies are always dead and they want to encourage more people to buy the GENE Expansion pack.

tehrik-e-insaaf said:
i just had probably one of the worst experiences with this game in my entire history of playing online games

i haven't played it in a bit, but i started off in some automatching lobby and started playing a team deathmatch game

the map was the busted up base (low rise, urban, destroyed ruins, lots of black) - i walk up to the enemy's area and there is this guy on my team playing CPC with one of the guys on the other team. he looks at me, then holds the enemy by the throat and walks up to me without doing anything. then he starts following me, and keeps showing me he has the guy under his control, i keep ignoring him, but he continues to follow me

i figure he wants me to execute the enemy? so i shoot the enemy player in the head but that doesn't kill him. the guy immediately drops the enemy and then proceeds to hit me and CPC disable me.

while this bludgeoning idiot is coming after me - some dude snipes us both killing us. the idiot has the nerve to say "don't steal my kills beeeech" - and then he made the rest of the game a miserable hell for me, CPC-disable, putting me to sleep through the tranq, shooting me just enough in the head to kill me, etc.

is this the kind of 13 year zit faced idiots playing this game? dear lord... i've never had this kind of an experience, the kid has serious anger management issues. the insane thing is that i couldn't even chat - the game was completely disabled after he choked me and left me on the ground - and there was no way to get up (i kept moving the left stick but it mostly did nothing)...

seriously, after this experience, my whole desire to keep playing this game has fallen to zero, not even with the screaming teenagers in halo 3, have i ever come across this kind of an asshole online
Avoid playing in the automatching lobbies, play in the regular lobbies, quit and join another server if its filled with 13 yo's :D

P.S. Next time attack with the knife in first person instead of the gun. If you're lucky you'll also kill/stun the jackass :D

Killthee said:
Avoid playing in the automatching lobbies, play in the regular lobbies, quit and join another server if its filled with 13 yo's :D

P.S. Next time attack with the knife in first person instead of the gun. If you're lucky you'll also kill/stun the jackass :D

i tried to, but when you just sit disabled on the ground for like 2 minutes, you can't do much, and he had it timed where he knew exactly when I was going to get up, and he came back and waited for me to get up and knocked me down immediately, even taking my gun

seriously, as the joker would say, it seems like this guy was a "higher class" of asshole, i wonder if his mother dropped him as a child?

what an asshole... seriously

there i've vented

Killthee

tehrik-e-insaaf said:
i tried to, but when you just sit disabled on the ground for like 2 minutes, you can't do much, and he had it timed where he knew exactly when I was going to get up, and he came back and waited for me to get up and knocked me down immediately, even taking my gun

seriously, as the joker would say, it seems like this guy was a "higher class" of asshole, i wonder if his mother dropped him as a child?

what an asshole... seriously

there i've vented
No, I meant use the knife instead of the gun to kill/stun the guy the jackass was CQC'ing, if you're lucky you'll also kill/stun the jackass at the same time ^_^

As for dealing with getting up while the jackass is around, roll to a safe spot. Hold L1 + Left/Right + X to perform a roll.

Or you can just ask to kick the jackass, Start -> Host -> Kick

Worst case scenario you leave and join another game.

To wakeup faster you have to rapidly flick the left stick left to right -> right to left repeatedly, not clockwise, not erratically, just a really quick flick going left to right -> right to left. It takes forever to recover in TSNE (and SNE?) and if your playing as MK II, every other mode takes less than a minute if you flick it really fast.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Killthee said:
No, I meant use the knife instead of the gun to kill/stun the guy the jackass was CQC'ing, if you're lucky you'll also kill/stun the jackass at the same time ^_^

As for dealing with getting up while the jackass is around, roll to a safe spot. Hold L1 + Left/Right + X to perform a roll.

Or you can just ask to kick the jackass, Start -> Host -> Kick

Worst case scenario you leave and join another game.

To wakeup faster you have to rapidly flick the left stick left to right -> right to left repeatedly, not clockwise, not erratically, just a really quick flick going left to right -> right to left. It takes forever to recover in TSNE (and SNE?) and if your playing as MK II, every other mode takes less than a minute if you flick it really fast.
wake up even faster by rotating both analogs

Yeah it takes close to a minute with the flicks, etc. - it's just frustrating because after the first time I woke up, he knocked me back down, then I woke up again, etc. etc. This happened 2-3 times... So you can imagine it got really frustrating when I am flicking the analogues for most of the match...

But yes I left the game...

Still they shouldn't make the CQC stuff so overpowering, and definitely have a controller lock or something if team mates do it to each other (just like the friendly fire gun lock)

Hey guys, when I go to Metal Gear Online on the main menu, it goes to a blank screen and won't even load the Metal Gear Online main entrance menu. Any suggestions? I haven't played the game in a few months so I'm not sure what the problem is...

Facism

Wasp:unit:

Only 2 weeks and a few days till we play in the finals. Dun, maybe we can organise a few sessions outside of Survival to pony up on strategy and general skills?

What's happening with Indeed? I haven't seen him play for a week or so now. I guess gon will take his place in the roster and Deeds moved into reserve? Irregardless, if you've been registered to the team you should be keeping sharp until we either win through or crash out of the tourney. Irresponsible not to.

Ilparazzo

Yarr, deeds been playing uncharted all this time i'm guessing, his trophy whoring reached a new level with the obtaining of the platinum trophy. But now that he has it he should play MGO!

Let's all play MGO! As soon as I return from space.

Facism

whut now?

if any of you wasps are up for it later, i'll be available from 10:30pm GMT tonight. Hopefully i'm not as suck as i was last night. Couldn't sleep ;p

Ilparazzo

I'm off to a no-internet place today, and It will take some time, that's what I meant by after I came back from space.

I have a bad feeling about todays MGO though, call it a woman's intuition if you will.

DunpealD

Ilparazzo said:
I'm off to a no-internet place today, and It will take some time, that's what I meant by after I came back from space.

I have a bad feeling about todays MGO though, call it a woman's intuition if you will.

Did you went somewhere to change your gender? Anyway how come you're becoming again a hermit... Make sure you keep your blade sharp.

@Facism
I will make it today and I am keeping track of activity which also means I'm also concerned about Indeeds overall MGO activity and thinking about the tournament roster.

Ilparazzo

DunpealD said:
Did you went somewhere to change your gender? Anyway how come you're becoming again a hermit... Make sure you keep your blade sharp.

I had an intuition transplant the other day, it's a good thing to have and don't worry, I'll train properly, I'll stand under a waterfall and try to avoid the dirty thoughts of scantily clad ladies while wearing a loincloth and everything!

Ninja Vanish!
I'm amazingly hyper today, for no reason.

Yesterday I fell asleep on the briefing! I woke up after getting shot in the head and after dying a few more times I got signed out of PSN.

I'm up for more of this fun tonight!!!

DunpealD

Got a new appliance even though he mentions GAF I'm still not sure about admitting him(barely about an hour playtime) his character name is Anaseed if I remember correctly... Does anyone know him?

EDIT: Before I forget again we're reaching the end of a week which means Survival time so who's going to join today?

News Bot

Banned
I'm in for Survival.

BTW, great update to the reward shop. New gloves (which look great) and...NEW CAMOS! Tiger Stripe, Tree Bark, Rain Drop, Marpat, New JGSDF (wtf), Old Rhodesian and Russian Flora.

Rain Drop is the best thing ever.

Facism

Definately not tonight for me, due to work, and probably not tomorrow night as i haven't gone out for a loooooong time.

DunpealD

Todays roster for now is:

Luca_Blight
NewsBot
Steroyd
DunpealD

4 down 2 to go.

Also I just want to inform you guys that we've got tough competition in the EU finals. Team "_RLF_Zonda_RLF_" has also made it in.

WaspUnit make sure to keep polishing yourselves.

Ilparazzo

DunpealD said:
Also I just want to inform you guys that we've got tough competition in the EU finals. Team "_RLF_Zonda_RLF_" has also made it in.

WaspUnit make sure to keep polishing yourselves.

Those Zonda guys ain't that good, they are just lucky we always fight them in TSNE during survival.

News Bot

Banned
Zonda sucks. And a bunch of 13 year olds.

Anyway, my connection was fucking shit tonight, so I can't play Survival. This is the second time it's logged me out of PSN. I'll have it fixed tomorrow.

Facism

We played zonda twice in survival. I think we beat them at least once, but not so sure about the other time. I remember being teabagged. hopefully if we face them, news can say a few kind words to work them up, so as to say something that disqualifies them.

I'd laugh for a whole week.

xintin

Human_Shield said:
Xin usually does it, but I don't see him on right now.

covertshinobi made a team

Server: MK2
Name: NeoGAF brigade
yeah, a little late tonight,
send me a mail if you need me ;.;

Top Bottom