• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
GeneralIroh said:
I wish i could do the tournament but i've got school and work taking my whole schedule.

My question to the NA gaffers in survival. Do you guys just wing it or do you use actual strategies?

I'm thinking about setting up a training session on tuesday so we can figure out a good strategy to achieve victory in each mode and map.

I wonder if anyone has tried and all stun group for base or capture mission? It involves all six people shooting at the same target with the mk2 pistol to stun faster.

Whats the best way to record matches? What equipment should i use? I wish mgo had halo 3's theater mode.
It's a mix of wing it and strategy, usually just winging it ^_^;

I think we've all reached a point where we know each others playing styles and have automatically designated roles to each other. We know to split into three groups at the start of base (3-2-1) and then to backup/stick together as much as possible. We know capture requires a team split, 4 guarding our target and 2 actively going for the enemies target. We know in Sneaking Xin is going to go for it no matter what : P and I'll foolishly get stunned trying to wake somebody up ^_^; We know Guled and Mem can wreak havoc in TDM, so we just have to survive and back them up. We know when it's looking like a loss Human Shield or Kirby will pop out of nowhere and clinch victory for us.

What we really suck at are TDM matches, RES matches, and anything in V.V.

MK2 strategy will not work in my opinion, especially in base where its vital sometimes to split up. 3 with Mosin and 3 with regular guns is a lethal combo in capture though, we had a really tough time last week going against a team using this strategy and would have lost if the lethal side of the team spared us when stunned instead of killing us for the kill points.

xintin

ill go for it everytime in RES too. (you better be on next week, killthee >:3)

also, wth happened tonight naGAF? had to rough it out with lvl3's and fell back down to a lvl4 myself xD

DunpealD

Wurm said:
MGO is losing its appeal to me week by week as Survival becomes more and more hardcore. Seems my current character is screwed emblem wise, and because I'm stuck playing with other noobs on survival we get creamed by the "ONLY LEVEL 9+++" rooms (often headed by a level 3 or something).

I've also dipped to lvl 4 somehow this week, is that because I dont play enough or the demoralising Survival losses I've been facing?

I don't know what you've been doing up until now, but dipping into lvl 4 shows you that you don't have much practice in MGO. Also I don't know which region you belong to but you should try to apply for the NeoGAF clan and play in a team you can rely on, IF you're playing regurlarly(we have too many inactive members).

ilanna said:
Thank you sooo much for helping me DunpealD! you are THE best. *hug*

:D

fixed ;)

You're welcome. I've just shown you the basics and now it's up to you to get down the road by applying practice and experience to it.

Also I hope you'll be in MGO at least regularly since many of our members have become inactive pretty fast which is sad IMO.

Guled

so, is anyone going to fill up the last 2 slots for tonight or are we going to have to go in with a 4 man team. The guys we are facing don't seem 2 tough, only one guy has a kill death ratio over 1:1

Guled said:
u able to play on monday?

That's 9pm Central, right? I should be there. Work only seems to inconvinience me on Sunday nights. :(

xintin said:
also, wth happened tonight naGAF? had to rough it out with lvl3's and fell back down to a lvl4 myself xD

Don't know what happened. I showed up around 9:00 last night, and I didn't see anyone logged on, so I just logged back off.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Guled said:
so, is anyone going to fill up the last 2 slots for tonight or are we going to have to go in with a 4 man team. The guys we are facing don't seem 2 tough, only one guy has a kill death ratio over 1:1
are you talking about KoK?

: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Guled

ok we have

1. Guled
2. xintin
3. rikichi
4. Wesker
5. Human_Shield
6. Assembly Required

for tonights match at 10PM EST

The Lobby is R. Raven and the game name will be GB GAF Battle and the Password is fight123 I'll make the room at 9:45 so show up from then to before 10.

We have 3 matches and each match is 4 rounds, it will be the best 2/3 the 4th will be used as a tie breaker if need be. If a team wins 2 in a row, just skip to the next round, Here are the maps we will play tonight

Map 1:
Urban Ultimatum - Team Deathmatch
Map 2:
Midtown Maelstrom - Base Mission
Map 3:
Gronznyj Grad - Capture Mission

here are the rules in more detail. If we win tonight, we will be tied for second (since they are only 2 other teams giving a fuck:lol ) so I think we have a good chance of getting second overall and going to JAPAN :D The team we are facing is not that good (only one person has a k/d ratio over 1) but don't let that effect your game. Just make sure to post here so I can see you read this. See you tonight and good luck

-COOLIO- said:
are you talking about KoK?

: \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
no 4th meme :lol , we'll face your team some time latter this week

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Guled said:
no 4th meme :lol , we'll face your team some time latter this week

ohhhh, well KoK isnt my team but i heard they were facing neogaf soon. i just knew they had good ratios so i was wondering if it was the same team or not.

Guled

MiamiWesker said:
So any strategies for those maps you want to do?

TDM is self explanatory, but capture and base you can come up with stuff.
the best thing we can do is go to 3 teams of 2. For Base Mission, one pair should defend the targets we got and the other 2 attack and capture the other targets. for capture, it should be 2 teams of 3. One defend our target, the other capture the other teams target

Guled said:
the best thing we can do is go to 3 teams of 2. For Base Mission, one pair should defend the targets we got and the other 2 attack and capture the other targets. for capture, it should be 2 teams of 3. One defend our target, the other capture the other teams target

Sounds good to me.

Guled said:
Just make sure to post here so I can see you read this. See you tonight and good luck

Read and ready, though if you have any thoughts on proper assignments for base matches, I wouldn't avoid hearing them.

Guled

Human_Shield said:
Read and ready, though if you have any thoughts on proper assignments for base matches, I wouldn't avoid hearing them.
who is paired up dose not really matter, since if you die you will pair up with someone else most likely. Just try not to be alone and stick with someone as much as possible

Guled

xintin said:
ugh TDM.
whatever, ill try~
dont worry, like I said the other team is not that great (only one person to watch out for and thats BreezySnake). If you feel like your not doing so good, stick with the highest scoring player on our team:D

xintin

Guled said:
i know, so on my new account I make sure I put the date before 1990
lol, if we did somehow make it to Japan, you have to send them copies of Passports and IDs.

Unless you really are over 18 and playing a mean trick, it won't work :lol

Guled

rikichi said:
does this mean our win wont count?

i dont get it
It will count, but I guess we cant do anymore until its sorted out
xintin said:
lol, if we did somehow make it to Japan, you have to send them copies of Passports and IDs.

Unless you really are over 18 and playing a mean trick, it won't work
o ya, well I guess some1 else will take my place. At least I get the prize money. Or I could just photoshop an ID or get a fake one, you think that would work if they are just using it to check our age?

Guled said:

o ya, well I guess some1 else will take my place. At least I get the prize money. Or I could just photoshop an ID or get a fake one, you think that would work if they are just using it to check our age?

It seems if you are not the leader you can be on the team but not go to Japan. I am reading the rules for the first time, interesting stuff.

xintin

Guled said:

i wouldn't suggest illegal activity for a gaming tournament xD

if there a six of you that are 18+ and want to give it a shot, let us know~

Guled

xintin said:

well its not they are going to check if its real right? Lets not worry about it until we get there

xintin said:

Are you 18+? I just don't want to be the leader, I am in this to help i don't even know if I can go to Japan (I know we are getting ahead of ourselves but the ladder is so sad that we just might :lol )

Guled

MiamiWesker said:
Are you 18+? I just don't want to be the leader, I am in this to help i don't even know if I can go to Japan (I know we are getting ahead of ourselves but the ladder is so sad that we just might :lol )
I'm 17, at worst I just make some1 else leader and make my self co-leader, but will konami use our idea for something other then to check our age, if not then I could try to get around it.

xintin

MiamiWesker said:
im old as dirt
ill recreate a team and just follow Guled's advice on matchmaking/whatevz if that's cool

the rules allow Guled to play, right? if so, we can just sort out the JPN stuff if we make it that far~

edit - do you turn 18 this yr? if so i dont get what their problem is.

Guled said:
I'm 17, at worst I just make some1 else leader and make my self co-leader, but will konami use our idea for something other then to check our age, if not then I could try to get around it.

This is from the rules:

Winners must be 18 or older to enter. All entrants should prepare, agree make available within 24 hours of request, a copy of their passport and potentially other forms of identification (drivers license, ID card), to be used by MLG / Konami and/or a third party agent of Konami for the purposes of arranging travel and verifying age.

Thats seems like you can't even be a contestant, maybe in the reserves but not on the 6 man team that goes to Japan.

xintin said:
im old as dirt
ill recreate a team and just follow Guled's advice on matchmaking/whatevz if that's cool

the rules allow Guled to play, right? if so, we can just sort out the JPN stuff if we make it that far~

edit - do you turn 18 this yr? if so i dont get what their problem is.

Oh thanks... I'm 25. :p

Guled

MiamiWesker said:
This is from the rules:

Winners must be 18 or older to enter. All entrants should prepare, agree make available within 24 hours of request, a copy of their passport and potentially other forms of identification (drivers license, ID card), to be used by MLG / Konami and/or a third party agent of Konami for the purposes of arranging travel and verifying age.

Thats seems like you can't even be a contestant, maybe in the reserves but not on the 6 man team that goes to Japan.
I'll try to keep the old team but it looks like I wont be able to go to japan then, o well, Noz will most likely take my place, he deserves it. I'll make xintin leader or something and then we work from then, but first let me get the team unlocked

Top Bottom