• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Does anyone know what i have to set up to be able to create a game? I'm behind a wifi router and can't seem to create a game in mgo :(

DunpealD

Yesterday was a little bit bumpy with Gon leaving suddenly and never had a full GAF team, hence we were on 893 mode all the time.

Now to the usual question: who's going to be in today?

Facism

893 mode?

Not making it tonight. I have plans.

anyone messaged deeds? He's active on GAF today and i refuse to believe such a nice chap would just up and leave us on our arse in regards to the tourney without saying a word.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
893 mode?

Not making it tonight. I have plans.

anyone messaged deeds? He's active on GAF today and i refuse to believe such a nice chap would just up and leave us on our arse in regards to the tourney without saying a word.

I talked with him yesterday, he said he'll join us in the tournament (he just had the date wrong) and that he'll play more during the week.

News Bot

Banned
Thanks for wasting my time that I put some things off just to play with you guys. I really do appreciate being told to sit and wait for the team to open while refreshing every two minutes only to be told to fuck off half an hour later.

DunpealD

News Bot said:
Thanks for wasting my time that I put some things off just to play with you guys. I really do appreciate being told to sit and wait for the team to open while refreshing every two minutes only to be told to fuck off half an hour later.

Sorry News it's my fault, don't blame the others. But next time I'd appreciate it if you could tell us that you'll be late so we can leave a spot open for you when you're ready for survival.

Now onto todays Survival: Beginning with only 3 men and 3 more or less random people the whole thing was a catastrophe that kept for about an hour which made us nearly give up todays survival, fortunately Dave has finally got back before we made the final decision to forfeit todays survival. After that we managed to pull a stable team together or should I say we thought a stable team till one of them left us in the 9th round of our streak.

Therefore I'm going to enforce a new policy for Survival: When one of our reliable clan members is available, I'll open up a spot by kicking the random member in our team after a 5 streak or loss.

Also even though he won't be reading this, I give my thanks to Dibbz, a temporarily banned gaffer who stayed with us till the end despite the call of his clan(not EU GAF).

Facism

aright lads sorry for the disconnect earlier. ISP shit itself :/ Couldn't get back online until the flashing lights on my modem informed me that maintainance or whatever the fuck was going on was over.

DunpealD

Last day of survival for this week. Well then EU GAF who's going to join in today?

UPDATE: Current roster:

NewsBot
Live_Feed
MeiLing1988(hasn't posted yet, but according to him he'll make it)
DunpealD
Luca_Blight
Steroyd(might be late)
GoncaloCastro(situation uncertain)

that makes 5 definite down and 1 uncertain spot.

Facism

i'm down to tonight. Had some Lamb doner last night and just got in from the gym, raring to kick some arse.

Hopefully we can solidify a great performance tonight. :D

Ilparazzo

GoncaloCCastro said:
Yeah, i should too!! There's now way I can connect to PSN! Hope this doesn't goes on for too long (wishful thinking)...

Hope you don't get the same problem I did before, they started traffic shaping and I couldn't log in to the PSN for months.

GoncaloCCastro said:
Yeah, i should too!! There's now way I can connect to PSN! Hope this doesn't goes on for too long (wishful thinking)...
I can't believe people still use NetRabo :p When I had it I couldn't go 5 hours straight without loosing signal.

Btw, vi que tas na beta do R2. Como te invejo LOL

Facism

Wasp Unit, we've got a few serious issues that need to be sorted.

First is Indeed. Doesn't look like he's going to get involved at all, so i recommend we ask if we can take up a replacement from some random clanner that didn't make it into the finals. Message one of the TUS or FCB guys. edit how the fuck do i forget about Steroyd :/

Gon: What's the status on your PSN/Router/ISP issues? I hope you can do something about them, you're going to be pretty critical to the team when we play. Don't want to be playing with 5 guys on the team.

Lastly, we need strategies for when our initial strategies break down. Enough times we've lost a game because our rush and hold or whatever pertinent strategy gets neutralised, and we fall into 'fish in a barrel' mode.

Dun, can we schedule a meeting sometime this week to discuss and practice some counter strategies and whatnot?

Also, i seem to be getting worse at MGO :<

BeeDog

I'm sorry I've been completely inactive in the clan, been busy with school lately and my PS3 gaming consists of Warhawk now. So if the clan is full and someone needs a place in it, feel free to kick me.
But please spare me if there's room for others!

Steroyd

BeeDog said:
I'm sorry I've been completely inactive in the clan, been busy with school lately and my PS3 gaming consists of Warhawk now. So if the clan is full and someone needs a place in it, feel free to kick me.
But please spare me if there's room for others!

"Room for others" :lol :lol :lol

We're about 30 members empty dude. :/

Facism

Steroyd said:
"Room for others" :lol :lol :lol

We're about 30 members empty dude. :/

heh yeh :D 32 members, only 8 active lol.

i remember asking deeds to organise an inclan skirmish when he was clan leader, but only 6 people turned up :lol

DunpealD

Facism said:
Wasp Unit, we've got a few serious issues that need to be sorted.

First is Indeed. Doesn't look like he's going to get involved at all, so i recommend we ask if we can take up a replacement from some random clanner that didn't make it into the finals. Message one of the TUS or FCB guys. edit how the fuck do i forget about Steroyd :/

Gon: What's the status on your PSN/Router/ISP issues? I hope you can do something about them, you're going to be pretty critical to the team when we play. Don't want to be playing with 5 guys on the team.

Lastly, we need strategies for when our initial strategies break down. Enough times we've lost a game because our rush and hold or whatever pertinent strategy gets neutralised, and we fall into 'fish in a barrel' mode.

Dun, can we schedule a meeting sometime this week to discuss and practice some counter strategies and whatnot?

Also, i seem to be getting worse at MGO :<

I also have massive doubts about Indeed and his activity(not Survival, but overall), especially since he's in our main roster. But using a random clanner... I don't know I'd rather put Steroyd in.

Sure I'd like to schedule a meeting if everybody would actually help to do to it... you know I don't know when you guys have time and I won't know it until you start to tell me.

All in all in terms of strategy and crumbling... It's more about each individuals ability to assess the situation correctly by using all tools MGO has given you and act accordingly.

Facism

DunpealD said:
I also have massive doubts about Indeed and his activity(not Survival, but overall), especially since he's in our main roster. But using a random clanner... I don't know I'd rather put Steroyd in.

Sure I'd like to schedule a meeting if everybody would actually help to do to it... you know I don't know when you guys have time and I won't know it until you start to tell me.

All in all in terms of strategy and crumbling... It's more about each individuals ability to assess the situation correctly by using all tools MGO has given you and act accordingly.

yeh i forgot about ster :< Sorry mate :<

I'm free all day monday, after 10pm Tuesday, after 6pm Wednesday, after 10pm Thursday, after 9pm Friday, all day saturday and Sunday. GMT.

As for strategy, what you say is fair enough, but when we get into a lockdown at spawn, we need clear ideas of who will do what. Who's going to carry stuns/smokes to aid breakthroughs, baiting etc. Some specific protocols for engagement and pushthroughs in those regards.

I still have nightmares where we got shutdown underground in B.B and lost 0 - 15 to that group of randoms.

News Bot

Banned
I still have nightmares where we got shutdown underground in B.B and lost 0 - 15 to that group of randoms.

The RPG's were like anal probes.

Anyway I can't stand non-Survival MGO anymore. The sheer lack of teamwork and overwhelming amount of assholes and/or complete idiots only makes it worse. I'm surprised my block list isn't full yet.

Ilparazzo

News Bot said:

Anyway I can't stand non-Survival MGO anymore. The sheer lack of teamwork and overwhelming amount of assholes and/or complete idiots only makes it worse. I'm surprised my block list isn't full yet.

That's because you always find a way to make the assholes aggravated, I like the non-survival better, but that's just because of the lack of lag I guess. Nothing's better than lag-less GAF teamwork.

Anyways, I'm back from the hospital, and I'm safe for a few months I guess, so any time you want to play give me a heads-up.

Facism

News Bot said:

yar. We had some games earlier today, we won them, but there was some severe stupidity going down.

On M.M only Dave went to secure house at the beginning. Rest of the team ran to the narrow alley. You don't need 7 people to secure that alley. You don't even need 2 if the guy is competent enough.

Luckily we won the game convincingly after 10 minutes of sniper nubbery. Dave and I managing to lock the house down by ourselves for 5 whole minutes with minimum of fuss. Dave even went as far as to help the narrows with rockets :D

News Bot

Banned
That's because you always find a way to make the assholes aggravated, I like the non-survival better, but that's just because of the lack of lag I guess. Nothing's better than lag-less GAF teamwork.

I rarely speak in MGO apart from Survival where I speak to you guys. For instance, yesterday I had some douchebag in a RES mission place his mag right infront of me, then he just ran off and hid behind a box leaving me for dead. Then in the CAP mission after that, he teamkills me, I try to kick him, and he just spends the ENTIRE GAME insulting me while hiding. Didn't so much as move an inch. Yet the only thing I said was "jerk". =P

But yeah, screw non-Survival. Atleast there you can laugh at the assholes without being ridiculously penalised in some way (ie, teamkilling).

Oh, and you should see my inbox. It's made of lulz and win.

DunpealD

-viper- said:
Can I get accepted in the GAF clan please? I'm a fairly good player.

¬_¬

As Ilparazzo said: Tell us from which region you're from and MGO character name, we can direct you to the corresponding clan. With so many inactive members in the EU clan I'm a little picky about the members so if I know you're definitely from GAF I'll accept you.

Facism

News Bot said:
I rarely speak in MGO apart from Survival where I speak to you guys. For instance, yesterday I had some douchebag in a RES mission place his mag right infront of me, then he just ran off and hid behind a box leaving me for dead. Then in the CAP mission after that, he teamkills me, I try to kick him, and he just spends the ENTIRE GAME insulting me while hiding. Didn't so much as move an inch. Yet the only thing I said was "jerk". =P

But yeah, screw non-Survival. Atleast there you can laugh at the assholes without being ridiculously penalised in some way (ie, teamkilling).

Oh, and you should see my inbox. It's made of lulz and win.

that's cos people can't handle the pwnbot, baby. We'll remember that RES survival game where you hunted the whole enemy team down in 1 minute. You left nothing for us, and we were defending :p

I hope they have guiness in tokyo. The extra cold stuff.

Ilparazzo

I was just owned a lot of times by this Fox clan Beta guy, while playing what was basically a one-on-one with Dave as snake. At least he wasn't a jerk about it.

Edit: I didn't know which term it was so I changed both, thanks for the warning.

Ilparazzo said:
I was just raped a lot of times by this Fox clan Beta guy, while playing what was basically a one-on-one with Dave as snake. At least he wasn't a dick about it.
no need to use that term, people have been banned for using it

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MiamiWesker said:
I have been waiting for news on this... seems like we gave up.
lol, at the rate the tournament is going you guys might be able to make it to the 16 team bracket on just 1 win.

but with age requirement dropped maybe a lot more teams will get ranked

Top Bottom