• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Indeed

greenjerk said:
damn, i dunno. might be possible for passive skills. :lol

well im gonna try it out as soon as i return from work.
only 4 hours left until i can start a clan aswell =)

(wheres the eu clan?!)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Indeed said:
Isnt it possible to open a game on your own, pick a random password and just run around for hours to level it up?
It's pretty unlikely, but at least on the NA side there are many knife only/handgun only/CQC only servers for you to grind out the levels.

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
It's pretty unlikely, but at least on the NA side there are many knife only/handgun only/CQC only servers for you to grind out the levels.

ahh. i'd seen those but it didn't click that's what they were created for.

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
ahh. i'd seen those but it didn't click that's what they were created for.
CQC servers are where fun goes to get choked out then slowly awoken by it's partner.

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
CQC servers are where fun goes to get choked out then slowly awoken by it's partner.

:lol :lol :lol

btw, does anyone know how snake gets a full mask/covering in MGO sneaking missions? I was playing last night and snake nailed me with the Mosin and when he came over i noticed his face was covered with sneak suit material. I'd never seen that before. Usually the head gives him away.

I actually managed to wake up just as snake reached me but he nailed me with the mk22, took my tags and knifed me in the head. :( took his damn sweet time about it too.

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
:lol :lol :lol

btw, does anyone know how snake gets a full mask/covering in MGO sneaking missions? I was playing last night and snake nailed me with the Mosin and when he came over i noticed his face was covered with sneak suit material. I'd never seen that before. Usually the head gives him away.

I actually managed to wake up just as snake reached me but he nailed me with the mk22, took my tags and knifed me in the head. :( took his damn sweet time about it too.
It's an item you have to have active, facecamo

Edit: Well that's horrible, a level up runner server
No weapons, just running around the room to level up your RUNNER skill

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
It's an item you have to have active, facecamo
Nice, I did not know that. Haven't had a chance to play as snake in a bit.

I'm itching to really dig into some other items and secondary weapons (WP grenades, etc.). Need more servers running DP.

Remy

Indeed said:
Isnt it possible to open a game on your own, pick a random password and just run around for hours to level it up?

The game doesn't actual count as started unless you have two people in it, I think. (I tried this as part of the way to chip away the 20 hours requirement for clan creation, and it did absolutely nothing.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it, I've been trying to find this server for so long now... I always seem to forget the Online / Matchup part of GAF...

Anyway, has the Euro clan started yet? My brother is done with MGS4 so I can gladly help. I'm sorry if I'm 10 weeks old :(

Seiken said:
Damn it, I've been trying to find this server for so long now... I always seem to forget the Online / Matchup part of GAF...

Anyway, has the Euro clan started yet? My brother is done with MGS4 so I can gladly help. I'm sorry if I'm 10 weeks old :(
Did you reach 20 hours? If so, then please make a clan. I don't know if it's because of the angry truck drivers in Spain or Euro 2008, but there are like 10 GAFers playing on the European servers.

alba

Little is the new Big
I'm level 4 with only 13hours in, 7 left until I can create a clan, damnit (please tell me someone's near achieving that?) :p

We need the euro clan, bad!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
archnemesis said:
Did you reach 20 hours? If so, then please make a clan. I don't know if it's because of the angry truck drivers in Spain or Euro 2008, but there are like 10 GAFers playing on the European servers.
I've reached 20 hours with 6 levels but I don't want to be the clan leader... is it possible to create one and give the leader to someone else? Give me all the details please.

Seiken said:
I've reached 20 hours with 6 levels but I don't want to be the clan leader... is it possible to create one and give the leader to someone else? Give me all the details please.
Apparently you can transfer clan leadership, but I don't know the details. You could always disband the clan once someone else reaches the 20 hour mark, and let them form a new one.

Yoshichan

archnemesis said:
Apparently you can transfer clan leadership, but I don't know the details. You could always disband the clan once someone else reaches the 20 hour mark, and let them form a new one.
Gotcha, what should I call it?

Seiken said:
Gotcha, what should I call it?
NeoGAF: [random animal]Unit. The Americans have Fox and Frog, so what do you think of CobraUnit?

Edit: I recall something about a 15 character limit. Maybe NeoGAF:BeeUnit?

The MGS4 emblems might offer some inspiration.
1. Big Boss
2. Fox Hound
3. Fox
4. Hound
5. Mantis
6. Wolf
7. Raven
8. Octopus
9. Bear
10. Eagle
11. Assassin
12. Pigeon
13. Blue Bird
14. Hawk
15. Little Grey
16. Ant
17. Gibbon
18. Tortoise
19. Rabbits
20. Bee
21. Gekko
22. Scarab
23. Frog
24. Inch Worm
25. Lobster
26. Hyena
27. Hog
28. Pig
29. Cow
30. Crocodile
31. Giant Panda
32. Scorpion
33. Tarantula
34. Centipede
35. Spider
36. Jaguar
37. Panther
38. Leopard
39. Puma
40. Chicken

Yoshichan

archnemesis said:
NeoGAF: [random animal]Unit. The Americans have Fox and Frog, so what do you think of CobraUnit?

Edit: I recall something about a 15 character limit. Maybe NeoGAF:BeeUnit?
Gotcha, så NeoGAF:BeeUnit it is!

No spaces in between?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sorry to post this here, but it's for MGO so I thought I would ask since I suck with this stuff. Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap router that would work well with my PS3?

peetfeet

Have created a server on Rose is anyone wants a casual kick about? not sure if my connection up to it but thought i'd give it a go

Killthee said:
My server is down for the night (The "NeoGAF" server with the message "Don't forget to use SOP." in Rosemary). Does anybody who played on it have any suggestions? Any preferred maps/rule combos? Should I take out the DM, Rescue, & Capture rules (server seemed like it was dying when it switched to those rules)? Should I drop the TDM from 4 rounds to 2 and replace the other rules with TDM (except sneaking & base)? Any significant prolonged lag experienced? I basically need any feedback you got so I can keep this thing going.

Anybody up for setting up a NeoGAF only night? I'll gladly lock the server if we can get at least 10 people in it.

Thanks for hosting. I had a great time on there. Personally the only thing that I would change is to have the kill display on if you can do that without having enemy names/life bars on. Drebin points are a must in my opinion but it seemed that was always on already. I liked not having a password lock on since the game actually filled up. Once we start getting together more regularly or having planned nights then I could see passwording the games. I saw one lagger who was knifing on the sever but it seemed to just be him. I had no lag myself. So that’s all that I have to input about the sever, but again thanks for hosting one at all. :D

Facism

peetfeet said:
Have created a server on Rose is anyone wants a casual kick about? not sure if my connection up to it but thought i'd give it a go

will join.

the EU clan is going up :)

NeoGAF:Cobras sounds good

Yoshichan

The clan is UP!

NeoGAF:BeeUnit

Nozdeuce

Seiken said:
The clan is UP!

NeoGAF:BeeUnit
I'll edit the OP in a second, but yes you can transfer leadership, you access it from the clan roster. Just scroll down to the person you want to make leader, hit X and then hit transfer leadership.

Edit: it also doesn't matter how many hours the person you transfer leadership has, everything will work just fine. On the NA side we did this the other night to create the FoxUnit

Yoshichan

How do I invite players?

Nozdeuce

Seiken said:
How do I invite players?
You don't, they apply. You'll have to move back and forth within the menu's for updates on clan applications, if you sit staring at the same screen you won't get the notification.

Yoshichan

PeetFeet
Live_Feed
Indeed
Seiken

are the people in the clan atm :)

Cragen

I'll send a mail in a couple sec to apply for the clan :)

And hope the EU GAF server is still up and running, have had the worst luck with being online when the server is up.

peetfeet

Is there a technique to getting headshots (besides aiming at the bloody head), i tend to panic when confronted lol. Set gun to rapid 3 shot not auto? what speeds do you guys have your crosshairs moving at? am i destined to be shit always? Was good fun mind :D

Edit: Please some of you guys be shit like me so i feel better!

Yoshichan

I accepted everyone for now. I'm going to watch soccer now, I'll check the rest later :)!

Indeed

that was good =)
typing without a keyboard is useless. im gonna get a usb-one tomorrow.
any requirements for plugging it into the ps3?

and by the way,

either you are really good seiken or you lagged a bit when you destroyed me at UU :p

alba

Little is the new Big
it's just something you get used to, instead of aiming the torso as a reflex all the time just try to aim a bit higher :D

(I play full automatic for the rifle :O)

EDIT: Accept me Seiken :D

Indeed

alba said:
it's just something you get used to, instead of aiming the torso as a reflex all the time just try to aim a bit higher :D

so you didnt use autoaim?

Facism

alba said:

EDIT: Accept me Seiken :D

heh yeh i don't even use the iron sights :p As long as their head sits in the circle, R1 is held down until ammo runs out ;p

GG there, lads. Invest in mics :p

btw on the 3rd round on U.U, i was down to pixel hp after Seiken and then you, Alba :p Had to aa to survive you.

Cragen

peetfeet said:
Is there a technique to getting headshots (besides aiming at the bloody head), i tend to panic when confronted lol. Set gun to rapid 3 shot not auto? what speeds do you guys have your crosshairs moving at? am i destined to be shit always? Was good fun mind :D

Edit: Please some of you guys be shit like me so i feel better!

I got 8 on normal view and over the shoulder and 6 when I'm in FPV but I tend to stick with the over the shoulder view.

Cragen

I thought I'd give it a shot at making a logo for the EU clan, I'll post some pics later once I got something presentable.

scaffa

I just applied to the clan, hope there is some room left for me. I'm greatly enjoying the online portion of the game. Just got a nice match playing as snake and won, it was an awesome feeling I tell ya :)

Need to get a headset tho, gonna buy it tomorrow.

Top Bottom