• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ploid 3.0 said:
How do I join Fox Unit? I tried to in game but there is no way to contact the leader, or submit a request to join.

Do this
Nozdeuce said:
from the main menu > clan > join a clan > search > neogaf > neogaf:FoxUnit > apply

Teknoman

Clan Rankings arent up because there have been no official sanctioned clan vs clan matches yet apparently.

Also EU NeoGAF:BeeUnit needs a great icon as well.

Anyone else get the Game ID/password incorrect message? What the fuck is this all about? The settings were saved and worked before. Typed in again and it still doesn't work. I'm FUCKING PISSED right now!!!!

Ephemeris

I was in. Then my ps3 froze and I had to do a hard reset; it probably was Konami at it again since I can no longer log back in.

Are you still playing Noz?

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
I was in. Then my ps3 froze and I had to do a hard reset; it probably was Konami at it again since I can no longer log back in.

Are you still playing Noz?
I was yeah. Had a bit of trouble logging in but once in I was fine.

Facism

some good games with a few of the UE guys. I got spawnkilled twice as snake, but was saved when i spawned infront of one guy carrying away an unconcious enemy. Auto 2 tags :D

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Tiefooz said:
If we're still adding folks to GAF clans, I'd love to take part. Game ID is tiefoozo, character name is Tiefooz.
You have to send a request. Do a clan search for gaf and request an invite from Fox Unit.

Teknoman

Is it better to drag an unconcious team mate away and risk them loosing equipment, or just wake em up in the middle of the field?

Teknoman said:
Is it better to drag an unconcious team mate away and risk them loosing equipment, or just wake em up in the middle of the field?

if it were me, i'd rather lose equipment and be res'd where it's safe, than be res'd and die.

todahawk

Flo_Evans said:
You hold select to turn on/off open mic. You don't have to hold it every time you want to talk.

Well geez, 2nd time this thread I felt like a dumbass. Let's go for the trifecta!
Thanks for the info, mucho appreciated.

Teknoman

About headset volume, i've got all my volumes (headset itself, XMB menu setting, and in game settings) cranked up to the highest, yet some of the people talking on MGO still come through kinda quiet. I know its not my headset since codec messages come through loud and clear.

Some of you guys should boost your volume abit.

AkuMifune

Banned
Tangent:

MGO is the most fun I've had with a PS3 online game since I was heavily into the Resistance clan here on GAF. I think it's really well polished and deeper than it appears; offering player levels, upgradeable skills, and a variety of game matches that are all fun and present different challenges.

Certainly MGO is a much better online component than GTA4's is, though that was heavily hyped and fell flat. Whereas I feel this was underhyped and really shines.

So where's the love? All the reviewers are either dismissing it, or never even bothering to play it. Really, I don't think I've heard anyone say anything good about it.

So are they just overlooking it because they aren't aware what a great game it is, or am I just swimming in the kool-aid here? I'm just curious, because I plan to swim in this kool-aid all summer, and kind of sad this isn't getting a fair chance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm so damn tired... any GAFers on?

Ploid 3.0

So when is another USA clan forming? NeoGAF:patriots, NeoGAF:SonsOfWar, NeoGAF:BossUnit? Since it may only be a few of us, we should have a very exclusive name to indicate we are the best of the best. So what eat foxes lol. I was going to day hounds but it's in their name.

Teknoman

Ploid 3.0 said:
So when is another USA clan forming? NeoGAF:patriots, NeoGAF:SonsOfWar, NeoGAF:BossUnit? Since it may only be a few of us, we should have a very exclusive name to indicate we are the best of the best. So what eat foxes lol. I was going to day hounds but it's in their name.

Yeah Frogs is up next, also im sure as more people get into MGO we'll need more than just 3 clans too.

Sallokin

When can we expect them to start adding content? I'm looking forward to the possibility of hero characters showing up and all that.

greenjerk said:
i'm gonna be on in a sec, you wanna join up?

sorry dude, got your message just now, i ended up getting in and playing for an hour-ish. i'm gonna be on tomorrow for the vast majority of the afternoon evening, my game id is l1qu1d if you wanna meet up and play. :)

Nozdeuce, commence!

NOW OPEN FOR BUSINESS! FROG UNIT!

Before you apply, or switch allegiances, realize that this will not be the super serious, yet competitive, NeoGAF clan. I wish to speak with our brethren to organize scrims and stuff. Albeit I am now leader, we just want to have fun, and crack the top 50, ok?

WasabiKing said:
Nozdeuce, commence!

I hate you! You make me do such bad things like shooting my teamates in the head (sorry Ploid). I swear I had my sights just on you when you were holding him up in the capture game on B.B. and I only fired one shot but it got you both. :/ I had a fun time playing though.

Nozdeuce

EviLore said:
I stepped out for a sec, what do you need me to do.
I re-applied, just accept the application from the clan menu > admit

You can also re-transfer leadership if you so desire.

JakOfTheShadows said:
I hate you! You make me do such bad things like shooting my teamates in the head (sorry Ploid). I swear I had my sights just on you when you were holding him up in the capture game on B.B. and I only fired one shot but it got you both. :/ I had a fun time playing though.
Yeah that was fun :lol

Nozdeuce

EviLore said:
kk, all set.
MM is great fun. :D :D
Thanks. I'm glad I finally got you back for all that post-round CQCing with a quality throat slash TK :D

Edit: the NeoGAF room on Rosemary finally got locked with a password, gogogo

Ploid 3.0

Playing kinda worked for me at one point. I kept killing people as they stopped to snipe at my team. Then play dead as they went back, or their teammates run towards me. They walked right on by even though I was basically next to their spqwn zone.

Darkpen said:
yes.

For our main clan, I basically took the neogaf symbol, photoshopped it to shrink to 32x32, then inside of the emblem editor, I adjusted the pallete to the colors I needed (using the equalizer and rough estimations, as opposed to exact RGB numbers), and from there I used the preexisting emblems, set in the circle, and filled the white area. I avoided using any aliasing techniques for the edges where the image meets transparency, but did implement softening for where the white meets the orange and gray, using the photoshopped gaf symbol on my monitor as a reference.

uh.... how do I get the emblem loaded in.... I just can't seem to get it to recognize the 32x32 frog unit image :(

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
uh.... how do I get the emblem loaded in.... I just can't seem to get it to recognize the 32x32 frog unit image :(
You have to hand paint it :(

JakOfTheShadows said:
lol, you sir were doing a good job sniping. I can't wait until I get CQC3!

EDIT: handpaint?! aww shit, I don't have time for that

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
lol, you sir were doing a good job sniping. I can't wait until I get CQC3!

EDIT: handpaint?! aww shit, I don't have time for that
Throw up a server and I'll grind cqc with you

Malfunky said:
What is the password on Rosemary supposed to be? Was it posted anywhere?
Should always be believe

What a match :lol :lol

So we are having Base Match and blue team (our team) has captured 4 out of 5 bases. The last base is in their zone, so it'll be a deathwish going there.

I make my way there, as soon as i reach the base i roll over and crawl. 4 people shooting the shit outta me. I knew im dead so might as well play dead.

Here i am playing dead and bullets flying over me. Suddenly the bullets stop. 2 of them make sure im dead so they keep looking at me while the other 2 leave.

We win! HOLY SHIT! :lol Playing dead = the BEST feature EVER!!!! :D

P.S. Not all skills cost 2 points when you level them up e.g. Quarterback costs 1 point for level 2 :D I love quarterback since i use E Locator and Smoke Grenades ALOT! ALOT in a sense that i think i forced everyone to start using it :lol :lol

those who cannot read cannot join frog unit!

Also, don't like to grind for stats, kinda unfair... but if you bitches snipe the shit out of me all day again, it's on, oh yeah it's on!

Top Bottom