• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

todahawk

Zotty said:
I just applied to the clan, hope there is some room left for me. I'm greatly enjoying the online portion of the game. Just got a nice match playing as snake and won, it was an awesome feeling I tell ya :)

Need to get a headset tho, gonna buy it tomorrow.

i have one but i hate hitting select to talk, its not immediate enough during a match. There's a mute option, why not just make it open mic? COD4 screwed up by having open mic with no option to mute the idiots but that's not an issue with MGO.

alba

Little is the new Big
I never use AA and I changed my settings to save to have L1 => ironsight, it's just way more precise for headshots even if it's a bit close and zoomed view, I find it works best :)

Cragen said:
I thought I'd give it a shot at making a logo for the EU clan, I'll post some pics later once I got something presentable.

I'm up for that aswell :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

peetfeet

Question RE:Mics

With headsets ingame is everyone able to hear or only your team? Is there a way to enable/disable team only talk?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Cragen said:
I think I'll pass on making the logo for now.

Getting something to look with a bee is frickin hard :p
What about some obese cartoony bee?

Volcynika

Hey, not sure if anyone can help, but my friend's having a problem accessing Metal Gear Online itself from MGS 4.

[14:55] Her: Is there a reason why when I click "Metal Gear Online" it sends me back to the PS3 startup screen?
[14:55] Her: I'm signed into PSN and everything.
[14:55] Her: I have well over 500mb to install it
[14:55] Me: so when you go into mgs 4, click the metal gear online option, it sends you back to the startup?
[14:55] Her: Yeah
[14:59] Her: Yeah. I click it, my screen goes blue for a second (like it does when my game starts) and when the new screen loads it's the PS3 startup

Can anyone maybe offer some assistance?

dagZ

Volcynika said:
Hey, not sure if anyone can help, but my friend's having a problem accessing Metal Gear Online itself from MGS 4.

Can anyone maybe offer some assistance?

sorry dude. I have no clue.

Oni Jazar said:
I'm trying!

Stupid question: How do you change the firing mode from auto to semi-auto to single shot?

When you're holding down L2 to access the wepons rotate to the one you want to change and then hit the "O" button untill you have the rate of fire you wanted. Not every gun has the same rates of fire available of course. Hope that helps.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back, I've accepted everyone :)!

11 members atm and growing!

Nozdeuce

crussher said:
hey nozdeuce could you accept my clan application on MGO. I'm Mr. Big on MGO.

thanks.
I'm afraid I'm not involved in this one, my clan is full. Ephemeris(NA) or Seiken(EU) will accept your application when they get on. There is the remote chance it'll bug out, in which case hopefully they post here or mail you ingame informing you as such. If that happens simply re-applying should do it.

Summary: I can't, just be patient.

Man it would be really nice if the Clan Leader could assign leadership positions to a few people in the clan (like 5 maybe) so more than one person could approve membership... having to wait for one guy is really dumb.

le.phat

paging seiken, paging seiken :D
i wanna join bee unit, i've sent you a message ingame. got room for a fellow euro gaffer ?

Nozdeuce

StrikerObi said:
Man it would be really nice if the Clan Leader could assign leadership positions to a few people in the clan (like 5 maybe) so more than one person could approve membership... having to wait for one guy is really dumb.
As a clan leader, I approve. It's pretty lame we can't do this, especially since I was able to hand over NeoGAF, create FoxUnit, hand that over to someone else who also doesnt have the reqs to create a clan and then rejoin/take over NeoGAF.

le.phat said:
i wanna join bee unit, i've sent you a message ingame. got room for a fellow euro gaffer ?
In-game mail is strictly for communicating. If you want to join a clan you have to:
Nozdeuce said:
from the main menu > clan > join a clan > search > neogaf > neogaf > apply

Yoshichan

le.phat said:
You private messaged me >_>... I can't accept you that way. I think you need to find the guild by searching for it and then go through that.

StrikerObi said:
I'm trying to find that function...

Yoshichan

Nozdeuce said:
You'll be looking for a long time, you cant :(
That is so, so stupid :(

Anyway I'm online around 8 hours a day so hopefully noone will have to wait too long to be accepted.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FoxUnit members, how is the logo showing up? I'm not terribly satisfied with how it turned out because it shows up a bit blurry on my set.

Flo_Evans

greenjerk said:
i have one but i hate hitting select to talk, its not immediate enough during a match. There's a mute option, why not just make it open mic? COD4 screwed up by having open mic with no option to mute the idiots but that's not an issue with MGO.

You hold select to turn on/off open mic. You don't have to hold it every time you want to talk.

Yoshichan

le.phat, you're in :D
dhelfric said:
Seiken just stole my victory!!
:lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
xintin said:
its the return of the beta error codes ;-;
111lch2.gif

Teknoman

Would be nice if there was some kinda Gekko hunt mode. Dunno if thats possible, but maybe team that takes out the most Gekkos while watching out for the enemy team as well?

Kinda like sneaking mode except larger scale maps.

Teknoman said:
Would be nice if there was some kinda Gekko hunt mode. Dunno if thats possible, but maybe team that takes out the most Gekkos while watching out for the enemy team as well?

Kinda like sneaking mode except larger scale maps.

That would be so awesome.

You know what would be more awesome?

Being able to log in. :(

Ephemeris

I keep getting an error saying my Game ID or pass is incorrect. Seeing that I've never changed them and have been signing on with them saved.. WTF?

Nooreo

So yeah ermm are the clan rankings up yet?, because when i go to clan rankings it says "Unable to retrive data" i hope its not only me :|

Top Bottom