• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So how do you import a Clan emblem? Must it be edited inside the game with the little paint tool?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
HondaF1Fanatic said:
How do I join a clan? I put my info in the meet-up thread.
If in the US, from the main menu > clan > join a clan > search > neogaf > neogaf:foxunit > apply

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
HondaF1Fanatic said:
Ok, I am still pretty bad at the game is it still ok to sign up?
Yeah it's all good, apply away.

WasabiKing said:
Just did the proper thing and moved this to the Online Forum.
Well we're boned. Time to revive the MGO beta thread we hijacked :lol

Teknoman

radioheadrule83 said:
Is it 32x32 and 16 colours? Quite difficult to get anything coherent that looks good actually. Had a little go.

Big...
mgo_gaffox_big.gif

Shrunk...
mgo_gaffox.gif

Thats excellent.

alr1ght

I tried doing a few, but the 32x32 requirement completely destroys them.

x4fc3l.png

2dbnxjr.png

for reference, here's what it does to the fox logo
xfbu5x.png

Guled

It looks like the neogaf clan is in 2ed place now. Yesterday we were 6th right, then hopefully we can reclaim our spot tomorrow.

dork

Banned
I'm going to go take a shower and watch the Cubs game. If there isn't a room up and you guys need one feel free to AIM me and I can put up a 16 player dedicated.

aim is in my profile

I havent played as Snake in sneaking mission for so long that I fucked up when I eventually did play him.

And a lot of people in the neogaf game had headsets. I am pleased.

Indeed

Ok finally back home.
Any update on the EU clan?

By the way nice game Doc Evils and the other 2 whose names i forgot =)

Remy

Put in a request to join the Fox Unit, until I can start the Rabbit Unit.

Someone want to start a game?

Remy

Costanza said:
Is there a GAF server up now?

I just made one. It's in Mei Ling, password is
believe
. Big cycle through all the game types. Hope some of you guys join.

Darkpen

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
So how do you import a Clan emblem? Must it be edited inside the game with the little paint tool?
yes.

For our main clan, I basically took the neogaf symbol, photoshopped it to shrink to 32x32, then inside of the emblem editor, I adjusted the pallete to the colors I needed (using the equalizer and rough estimations, as opposed to exact RGB numbers), and from there I used the preexisting emblems, set in the circle, and filled the white area. I avoided using any aliasing techniques for the edges where the image meets transparency, but did implement softening for where the white meets the orange and gray, using the photoshopped gaf symbol on my monitor as a reference.

Darkpen

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
1z3pijt.png

fcpgs9.png

this might work. fattened the logo a pixels to get it to show up better.
how about instead, have only the fox logo against a transparent background (its the very top color on the pallet), but have the neogaf symbol sort of super-imposed on it

I just tore up on TDM (drebin points) on the public Gaf game on Rosemary. It's time for a break for little after that game. I think I might have hit lv 3 with the sniper now. I love the M14BR. I can't stand when drebin points aren't on becuase then my sniper self has nothing to use on the smaller maps. Who is |iquid(sp?) here? I was Jak.

dork

Banned
You know...either my speakers are backwards or I need to fix my sound settings.

My character makes so much noise walking and I hear all this screaming and gun fire, but when I go towards the sound...there is never anyone there...

Wow, my lurking skills from COD4 really transferred over well into this game. I think I found my new online addiction. If only there was a way to turn off the incessant death screams...

Also I'm happy to be onboard the Fox Unit : )

radioheadrule83 said:
Is it 32x32 and 16 colours? Quite difficult to get anything coherent that looks good actually. Had a little go.

Big...
mgo_gaffox_big.gif

Shrunk...
mgo_gaffox.gif

As a dues paying member of NeoGAF: FoxUnit, I vote this. Lightning footed fox is rad but this is WAY better.

alr1ght

Darkpen said:
how about instead, have only the fox logo against a transparent background (its the very top color on the pallet), but have the neogaf symbol sort of super-imposed on it

like this?
15qf8lw.png

169px8k.png

Ephemeris

radioheadrule83 said:
Big...
mgo_gaffox_big.gif

Shrunk...
mgo_gaffox.gif
alr1ghtstart said:
like this?
15qf8lw.png

169px8k.png

Question is, who could make these inside MGO's paint tool? :lol

I can shoot and CQC with the best of them. But I have the artistic ability of a limestone.

Maybe that explains why I've seemingly dated only artists for the last 5 years
:lol :lol

Top Bottom