• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Alright you win, it's like you got me in a CQC hold and then slit my throat, except you don't have blades mastered yet, so you cant :D

Woah woah woah...low blow my friend...low blow

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Host me and I'd be more than happy to knife fight :D

Cubs vs White Sox. Waiting for it to start. If you need a server though, I can put mine up.

Even though I kinda want to play...ugh I wish i had 2 tv's in here.

todahawk

lawblob said:
I wish I could play at night, but lately I have been restricted to AM gaming, when not a single person from my friend list or Frog Unit is on. Hopefully I will be able to play some fellow GAFers soon.

I didn't participate in the beta, and I am finding a tough learning curve. Anyone else in the same boat? Some matches I will get on a roll and do well, but the very next match I will get killed over and over and over. Always fun, though.

i was in the beta and still find it very tough at times. first game in along time that has made me yell out loud in disgust and anger. fun fun game though. hard to stay away. i've played every night this week except for last night... i've been running a severe sleep deficit this week. been extra crabby because of it too.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
dork said:
Cubs vs White Sox. Waiting for it to start. If you need a server though, I can put mine up.

Even though I kinda want to play...ugh I wish i had 2 tv's in here.
Thanks, but I'm just chillin too. Radio? Internet Radio? I fully endorse the 2 tv's idea, it's great.

So painful, only have golf and soccer on today. And being in Canada usually only ever get Jays + whatever Sunday Night Baseball is.

greenjerk said:
i was in the beta and still find it very tough at times. first game in along time that has made me yell out loud in disgust and anger. fun fun game though. hard to stay away. i've played every night this week except for last night... i've been running a severe sleep deficit this week. been extra crabby because of it too.
Were you just recently approved? I really don't remember you from the beta thread. I find I also have really on and off days. I can be brutally inconsistent and really only tend to do well if I clearly set out to use assault rifles or snipe. If I take something like scanner and cqc to try to S Plug people I find I end up trying to force it and do really poorly overall.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
peetfeet said:
If there isn't many Gaffers online it maybe best to leave PW off, i know what you mean tho its happened to me a few times. How about Gaf servers having zero tolerance of TK, add that to the server comment when hosting unlocked games and if anyone does TK the victim can ask for the player to be kicked which is done immediatly by the host?
Sorry about that, I set the TK limit at 3 (had it at 2, but changed it to 3), I'll set it back down to 2. Next time some asshole does that post his ID in the thread or initiate a kick vote.

Ilparazzo said:
Maybe this is a silly question but how do you create a game as a dedicated host? I can't seem to find the option anywhere...
The option is buried in the third screen when creating a game (the one with the time limit & number of rounds). There's another menu when you select the common settings in the time limit menu, you'll find a dedicated host option inside of it. Select Enable for Dedicated Hosting to turn it on.

Oni Jazar

Played a couple matches on Killthee's server. 2v2. Man that was aweseme! I was alone in the house and was finally able to crank up the volume - Listening for the sound of approaching enemy footsteps is crutial in quiet areas. No one had mics though so I turned mine off.

Teknoman

dork said:
can't change your clothing once you make a character i don't think, kinda lame

also, i haven't noticed any lag, then again i always play in my own server. I have seen a few people skip but maybe for like a second and then never again

You can, just not the characters face or voice.

Also anyone else beat the game notice female voice actors in the MGO credits section?

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
Were you just recently approved? I really don't remember you from the beta thread. I find I also have really on and off days. I can be brutally inconsistent and really only tend to do well if I clearly set out to use assault rifles or snipe. If I take something like scanner and cqc to try to S Plug people I find I end up trying to force it and do really poorly overall.

yeah, i was approved in May. I lurked and read the beta thread a lot. Felt like a stalker in the beta though. o_O

Same here with inconsistency, i also run into problems if I try to force a play style onto a map that doesn't accommodate it or get inpatient and use a weapon inappropriately.

I've been playing sniper a lot and I tend to suck on maps like BB and DM modes. I'll also pick bad spots and end up running around and then find myself face to face with an assault rifle. Getting better at doing the quick switch to the blade for a quick shock and followup headshot when that happens though.

I was really good with the assault rifles in the beta but have trouble aiming and remembering to aim up for headshots in the retail version. I've been doing the "empty a whole clip into a guy so he can turn around kill me with a quick burst to the head".

I guess I need to work on a backup skill for sniper for other game modes... been thinking of trying shotty or pistol.

Flo_Evans

Killthee I thought your server was perfect. Games went a little long late night when there was only 4-6 of us but honestly I almost like a low player match better.

As for the kill camera and silent mode, I do like knowing when I kill someone. But it does make the game more intense if you are not sure. I could go either way.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Teknoman said:
You can, just not the characters face or voice.

Also anyone else beat the game notice female voice actors in the MGO credits section?
The character creation tell you you can, but you can't. Going into the character appearance options only lets you remove/equip your head accessories. If you go into the clothing options you can't do anything because the only clothing/colors available to you, is the clothing/color you choose when you created the character.

Teknoman

Killthee said:
The character creation tell you you can, but you can't. Going into the character appearance options only lets you remove/equip your head accessories. If you go into the clothing options you can't do anything because the only clothing/colors available to you, is the clothing/color you choose when you created the character.

Ah seriously? Well that sucks. Hope they change that in a future update.

Flo_Evans

Killthee said:

Yeah that is pretty lame. I guess they are going to try and sell us hats and shit. I had hoped that I could change some things after I made my guy. I guess I could start over, but I already mastered some skills. I did die allot leveling my knife skill so maybe I should restart, but then I'd just have to do it again and get allot of kills. :lol

Nozdeuce

So while this thread is actually moving again

For NA-GAF MGO Night (stolen from Kaching)

Best day of the week for you to play?
Best time on that day (be sure to indicate time zone)?
How long can you generally play in one session?
How regularly do you expect to join?
Are there any days you absolutely can't play?

Nozdeuce said:
So while this thread is actually moving again

For NA-GAF MGO Night (stolen from Kaching)

Best day of the week for you to play?
Best time on that day (be sure to indicate time zone)?
How long can you generally play in one session?
How regularly do you expect to join?
Are there any days you absolutely can't play?

Friday night/Saturday night
8:00p-12:00a US CST (longer if I'm playing really well)
4+ Hours (longer if I'm playing really well)
Most of the time, barring unforseen circumstances.
Holidays.

SOP lock when you shoot a team member is really annoying in random games since people are idiots.

I'm standing there shooting at two enemys, this dumbass runs in and tries to CQC them IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRE FIGHT. I shoot him, I stand there with my hand up my butt waiting to get killed.

Flo_Evans

Linkzg said:
SOP lock when you shoot a team member is really annoying in random games since people are idiots.

I'm standing there shooting at two enemys, this dumbass runs in and tries to CQC them IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIRE FIGHT. I shoot him, I stand there with my hand up my butt waiting to get killed.

Yeah it sucks when your buddy gets in a choke hold and you try and headshot the bad guy to save him but you end up shotting your buddy then getting SOP lock :lol

Hixx

So...er, cheaters already?

Basically for my team it felt insanely laggy - movement, communication etc was smooth, yet hit detection (solely for our team) was all over the place. At times even 3 of us, surrounding one of them, would only take off half their health before one of them killed us all.

The worst thing, however, was when this certain guy (Sniper or Spider was his name... probably Spider) killed us and we spawned, we'd instantly die of a headshot from him again.

So just my team being incredibly unlucky with lag, or foul play?

Nozdeuce

HixxSAFC said:

Basically for my team it felt insanely laggy - movement, communication etc was smooth, yet hit detection (solely for our team) was all over the place. At times even 3 of us, surrounding one of them, would only take off half their health before one of them killed us all.

The worst thing, however, was when this certain guy (Sniper or Spider was his name... probably Spider) killed us and we spawned, we'd instantly die of a headshot from him again.

I dunno what the deal is, but I've found myself on the other end many times. I'll be getting shot and I won't know where from. I'll find the original shooter then plow through him and 2-3 others sometimes. All the while wondering how I was still alive :lol

Cragen

HixxSAFC said:

Probably just horrid lag, I've experianced it too.

Ilparazzo

Are we posting war stories? Let me give it a whirl:

Lag story?
I was playing in the desert map (don't remember the name now) and I was going through the side path where we have to climb those steps and suddenly I started getting shot at, so I started running back towards the dark part of the path, the shots stopped and as I was running I just appeared on the other end of map and I was being grabbed there and then I said goodbye throat it was really strange.

Legendary
In the same map I was playing a sneaking mission and in exactly the same spot I got spotted while getting a tag, so I ran back to the small space in the the path and grabbed the wall thinking "if I move they know where I am if I stay here than maybe I can live" , 2 guys came up to the spot and started shooting like crazy, they hit me some times, I had only a little health left when they started reloading I quickly move from the wall and throw both of them to the floor thinking "I WON!", when I start getting the final tag some guy shoots at me and I'm going "OMG NO!", somehow he manages to miss every shot and I win, I'll remember that game forever :p

Sallokin

Just took a brutal ass raping in a room with NeoUltima. Was trying to use pistols exclusively and on B.B. it wasn't working out.

dork

Banned
Well knowing you can't edit your appearance means no clothing unlockables. Maybe they should add that as someone suggested

SSJChar

the clothing thing is really pissing me off. i'm a damn green olive now and cant change it. they really shouldn't have put in the description that you can change if the only way you can is to buy outfits(which i'm sure is their plan).

also, has anyone had this happen: you die, then when youre choosing your weapons for the respawn you die again, though you don't actually die die as in someone shoots you, you just see the dying animation and you have to go through the respawn process again?

Sallokin said:
Just took a brutal ass raping in a room with NeoUltima. Was trying to use pistols exclusively and on B.B. it wasn't working out.

That reminds me, does anyone else think the handguns are kinda weak? It really feels like a last last resort weapon. I almost prefer to take my chances with CQC and a knife or toss a grenade than trust my fate to the handgun.

Cragen

Human_Shield said:
That reminds me, does anyone else think the handguns are kinda weak? It really feels like a last last resort weapon. I almost prefer to take my chances with CQC and a knife or toss a grenade than trust my fate to the handgun.

The handguns are useful as long as you get a headshot, but I got main weapon/stun knife/nades rotation right now so I hardly use my sidearm unless I run out of bullets on my main weapon.

Thought I might switch it back so I got my sidearm as the second toggle since most servers have turned off auto aim so actually getting a stun with the knife is a lot harder then it was in the beta unless you get behinde someone :p

Nozdeuce

dork said:
anyone want to play for a bit
Certainly, 3rd ranked clan is moving up on us a bit. Eating soon though, might be good to go in like half an hour?

Cragen

Nozdeuce said:
Certainly, 3rd ranked clan is moving up on us a bit. Eating soon though, might be good to go in like half an hour?

Meh, annoying that it's region locked, havn't seen a EU NeoGAF servers since I started playing MGO ;/

Nozdeuce

Cragen said:
Meh, annoying that it's region locked, havn't seen a EU NeoGAF servers since I started playing MGO ;/
I do try to take care of you in here. That is too bad though, such a huge difference playing with randoms vs with people from NA GAF
NA GAF destroys me
:(

dork

Banned
I can finally login to community page again. Where can i see clan rankings?

Im going to shower, should be ready to play by then

Nozdeuce

dork said:
I can finally login to community page again. Where can i see clan rankings?

Im going to shower, should be ready to play by then
Click rankings then Clan, such a brutally painful site to navigate.

Nozdeuce

dork said:
I hope that wasn't sarcasm lol. Ok I found it, I swear I tried that like 3 times
It really is the worst, things hidden and tucked away. Would it kill them to have a drop down with subheadings?

Anyway I'm good to go now

Ilparazzo

I tried to make one once but I didn't have time to play and I still can't find out how to make a dedicated server

Cragen

Ilparazzo said:
I tried to make one once but I didn't have time to play and I still can't find out how to make a dedicated server

I'd make on my self but I don't think my net can support it :/

But I hope we will get a more regular GAF server up and running since the ones we had in the beta were just awesome.

Ilparazzo

Cragen said:
I'd make on my self but I don't think my net can support it :/

But I hope we will get a more regular GAF server up and running since the ones we had in the beta were just awesome.

True, many a game I played in the beta on a server provided by Metalmurphy I think and they played better than many others.
All this talk about MGO got me in the mood for some ass-whooping if anyone needs me i'll be sneaking around.

dork

Banned
Wow screw this shit. I'm horrible today, the recoil seemed really bad for some reason, I wasn't hitting anyone. I think I just went like 4-20

To make a dedicated server find the common settings tab, and click on it, its the first option.

Whoops, server crashed..what the hell

I3rand0

Is anyone remaking their free character? I want to, but I'm not sure if I delete my free one that I will have to a) Pay for a slot and b) not be able to use the same name. Anyone know?

Teknoman

Not me. I like how he looks now...but do hope they update the system to where you can actually change clothes lol. Give us some of the different militia outfits in the game too.

Nozdeuce

dork said:
Wow screw this shit. I'm horrible today, the recoil seemed really bad for some reason, I wasn't hitting anyone. I think I just went like 4-20

To make a dedicated server find the common settings tab, and click on it, its the first option.

Whoops, server crashed..what the hell
Yeah I couldn't aim either, I'm almost going 1-1 now though

Frogunit really needs an emblem of any kind, just a place-holder even so server knows not to kick for not having a gaf emblem.

AkuMifune

Banned
HixxSAFC said:

Unless you're in a hurry to get back in, you can hold select to pause your respawn when it's on the weapon select screen to take a look around and make sure no one is spawn camping. Usually someone is.

Nozdeuce

AkuMifune said:
Unless you're in a hurry to get back in, you can hold select to pause your respawn when it's on the weapon select screen to take a look around and make sure no one is spawn camping. Usually someone is.
I know I try to be..

AkuMifune said:

This. Reverse spawn camping is necessary (especially in Midtown).

Ilparazzo

Ahh, it was a good day, finally found dunpeal again and got the old 2 person team back together, end result I got kicked for being too good :p
Who says being kicked isn't a good thing? :lol

Well eurogaf ppl now that I know how to create a dedicated server (thanks dork) you can probably find a room in rosemary sometime tomorrow I don't know if my connection will handle it okay but I can still try right?

Should I PW it or just leave it like it is?

DunpealD

Agreed it was a great experience and the team style needs at least trust, reliability and skill to back your partner up. Of course you also need some kind of harmony(e.g. being able to foresee what your partner does) to do it, but it's worth it.
It really felt like the Meryl + Johnny scene :lol

Top Bottom