• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

todahawk

1stStrike said:
what the hell does, "Cannot create game with the current network environment" mean? I've been trying to setup a server to no avail =\

go into the network settings on your ps3 and test your connection, you're either running nat3 or your upload is too slow.

DunpealD

Facism said:
Dunpeal are you joining the Bee unit?

That little skirmish with Stun nades and shyte behind the dumpster in G.G a few nights ago was :lol

I've been contemplating using the P90. large clip + aim for head seems like an almost gauranteed headshot.

Sure I already applied and waiting for Seiken and his confirmation.
But we need more active members. Furthermore I also miss some old members like (Shield master) Kyoufu and Lince from our Beta times.

Cragen

DunpealD said:
But we need more active members. Furthermore I also miss some old members like (Shield master) Kyoufu and Lince from our Beta times.

God I remember Kyoufu and his damned shield!
But it seems easier to counter it now since you can get a headshot if you shot through where the player looks out from behide the shield.

And of course just use the old technique of logging nades at the feet of the player with a shield :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DunpealD said:
Sigh, my game is still fucked up... I'm replacing the game with a new one tomorrow, please wait :(

A few things I noticed while checking my stats:

Deathmatch score: 114
Deathmatch time: 27 minutes

Team Deathmatch score: 1330
Team Deathmatch time: 5 hours

Capture score: 5200
Capture time: 6 hours

Base score: 5800
Base time: 12 hours

Rescue score: 480
Rescue time: 1:30 hours

Sneaking score: 870
Sneaking time: 4:30 hours

Capture clearly wins the fight when it comes to score.

NIN90

Got into a very nice server today with Fabcam, Cragen and Luca Blight.
I had a lot WTF moments.

EDIT: And I just got degraded from lvl 3 to lvl 4.

FabCam

Just had a few good games with NIN and some other guys. Lot's of LOL moments.

Plus, something cool I found out. If you go to chat/all and type <SONG> your guy sings the song that Sunny sings in the game! And if you're Snake in SNE he whistles it!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
dhelfric said:
I had a lot WTF moments.

I also got downgraded from 4 to 3 earlier this week. Happened while my scores were tanking while I was leveling up various skills I'm really bad at, like blades and cqc. Now having mastered both and moved back to strictly assault or sniper rifles + monomania, my scores are back up and I'm again level 4.

NIN90

Nozdeuce said:
I also got downgraded from 4 to 3 earlier this week. Happened while my scores were tanking while I was leveling up various skills I'm really bad at, like blades and cqc. Now having mastered both and moved back to strictly assault or sniper rifles + monomania, my scores are back up and I'm again level 4.

Ye but well, I didn't suck today. I actually improved my K : D ratio.

1stStrike

Banned
greenjerk said:
go into the network settings on your ps3 and test your connection, you're either running nat3 or your upload is too slow.

Nah I was in NAT2. Googled it and found I just had to open a port. Got it fixed. I've got a 10/1 mbit connection that can handle a full load pretty well, so I can setup something if you guys like. I just got done hosting a bunch of rounds. Almost at the 10 hour mark and I'm still only lvl 1 though..lol I really suck online I guess. It's not uncommon for me to come out of a round with like..0 or something like 4 points =\

Nozdeuce

dhelfric said:
Ye but well, I didn't suck today. I actually improved my K : D ratio.
That's weird then. You're weird. Just be glad knowing you can level back up again :lol

Ploid 3.0

Grayman said:
Hey this game is kind of fun :D

Ocelot.gif

scaffa

I'm trying to level up shotgun but that skill is really driving me insane. I didn't have much problems with cqc and blades but this one really takes a long time for sure.

My main problem is that it even takes three hits to kill someone and even before I try that I have to get close to my target. Its freaking difficult.

Any tips in increasing the skill? Is it even worth it?

Grayman

Zotty said:
I'm trying to level up shotgun but that skill is really driving me insane. I didn't have much problems with cqc and blades but this one really takes a long time for sure.

My main problem is that it even takes three hits to kill someone and even before I try that I have to get close to my target. Its freaking difficult.

In single player slugs worked at longer ranges

todahawk

1stStrike said:
Nah I was in NAT2. Googled it and found I just had to open a port. Got it fixed. I've got a 10/1 mbit connection that can handle a full load pretty well, so I can setup something if you guys like. I just got done hosting a bunch of rounds. Almost at the 10 hour mark and I'm still only lvl 1 though..lol I really suck online I guess. It's not uncommon for me to come out of a round with like..0 or something like 4 points =\

glad that's all it was. I'm stuck at nat3 unless i plug my ps3 directly into my dsl modem. i gotta call the isp and get some more info. i've tried everything. DMZ, opening ports, you name it. Only get nat2 the way i described above.

that would be cool, some nights the neogaf server gets full. can't have enough of em.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
greenjerk said:
glad that's all it was. I'm stuck at nat3 unless i plug my ps3 directly into my dsl modem. i gotta call the isp and get some more info. i've tried everything. DMZ, opening ports, you name it. Only get nat2 the way i described above.

that would be cool, some nights the neogaf server gets full. can't have enough of em.
Have you tried logging into your router, assigning a static ip to your PS3, and then setting up the PS3 IP as the DMZ?

If your router supports UPnP all you have to do is turn it on, it'll automatically open ports for the PS3 when they are needed.

roxya

Zotty said:

I don't think it's worth it with the current state of the shotgun. That being said, I'm sure some can make a success of it.

todahawk

Killthee said:
Have you tried logging into your router, assigning a static ip to your PS3, and then setting up the PS3 IP as the DMZ?

If your router supports UPnP all you have to do is turn it on, it'll automatically open ports for the PS3 when they are needed.

Thanks, yup i tried that. I've spent hours on this. Static IP and the DMZ'ing the PS3. Nada, nada. Read up and opened all the right ports. I even tried UPnP but that's not working either. A few people that I talked to think it must be my modem. Everything is stopping there and if I plug the ps3 directly into it i get nat2 immediately.

Unless someone has other ideas? TIA

todahawk

roxya said:
I don't think it's worth it with the current state of the shotgun. That being said, I'm sure some can make a success of it.

IIRC someone in the neogaf clan is a heavy shotty user. can't remember who it was but he was pwning people with it. nonstop. i hated him. :lol

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
IIRC someone in the neogaf clan is a heavy shotty user. can't remember who it was but he was pwning people with it. nonstop. i hated him. :lol
That would be forum admin Shouta playing as Capt. Gotoh. He really is a beast with that shotgun. If you go back a few pages he posted some helpful pointers.

traveler

Not Wario
Do playboys even work? I've never once been caught by one and just a second ago I had a dude on the ground sleeping, surrounded by playboys, only to turn around and get headshotted as he woke up, totally unaffected by them.

Indeed

traveler said:
Do playboys even work?

They do work. Although i dont think that you can get "trapped" by your own playboys (that sounds weird). Usually if i run over a enemy playboy my dude just squats for 10 seconds releasing hearts into the air.

Killthee

CB3 said:
are there any games going right now?
Dedicated server in Rosemary right now. All Maps & All Rules, DP On (except in Sneaking), Silent Mode On, Enemy Nametag Off, 2 TK's for boot, no pass (post here when the server starts getting full and I'll lock it with the usual pass). I'll probably leave it up till tomorrow morning.

Ploid 3.0

traveler said:
Do playboys even work? I've never once been caught by one and just athep second ago I had a dude on the ground sleeping, surrounded by playboys, only to turn around and get headshotted as he woke up, totally unaffected by them.

I use traps all the time. Sometimes they even save my skin and give me easy kills. I'm almost a master at traps and I am a master in the trap scan skill (forgot the name). I love the playboys the most. They are instant vs the sleep traps, claymores just do a little dmg not enough to kill unless I stack claymores. If only my team members would sop me if they see me aroun standing still. They tend to get stuck in my traps. Some even disarm my traps wile I'm watching them ; ;.

Teknoman

Killthee said:
Dedicated server in Rosemary right now. All Maps & All Rules, DP On (except in Sneaking), Silent Mode On, Enemy Nametag Off, 2 TK's for boot, no pass (post here when the server starts getting full and I'll lock it with the usual pass). I'll probably leave it up till tomorrow morning.

Whats Silent Mode?

Also has anyone been using Ghost Pranks? I'll be there in a bit as well.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I use traps all the time. Sometimes they even save my skin and give me easy kills. I'm almost a master at traps and I am a master in the trap scan skill (forgot the name). I love the playboys the most. They are instant vs the sleep traps, claymores just do a little dmg not enough to kill unless I stack claymores. If only my team members would sop me if they see me aroun standing still. They tend to get stuck in my traps. Some even disarm my traps wile I'm watching them ; ;.

People still arent using SOP? Also I wonder if they'll end up added all the weapons from MGS4 into MGO eventually? I want to see the Rail Gun in MGO :lol

Who's running the Neogaf server on Rosemary? Turn the kill list back on and password lock it, for Christ's sake. I really don't feel like playing with a bunch of dudes whose clan emblem is a swastika.

Teknoman

Human_Shield said:
Who's running the Neogaf server on Rosemary? Turn the kill list back on and password lock it, for Christ's sake. I really don't feel like playing with a bunch of dudes whose clan emblem is a swastika.

Heh...actually wouldnt think "their" crowd would play something such as Metal Gear. Guess im just that naive.

1stStrike

Banned
I setup a 16 man dedicated server on mei ling called gaffers. password is gaff

I'll be taking a nap now so enjoy the 8 or so hours it'll be there.

Killthee

Teknoman said:
Whats Silent Mode?
It's the Kill List and the Kill Cam.
Human_Shield said:
Restarted the server and turned Silent Mode off. Pass is off, post when it starts getting full and I'll lock it. Kick vote can be initiated by anybody right? Feel free to go for it when a douche enters the server.

Metal Gear seems almost a niche game that i am surprised at how many people dont know to sop. But can some one explain something to me about it. Do you have to sop every single person you see or is it like linking to a network if two guys are already connected and i sop one then i will link to both of them?

Killthee

Lostconfused said:
Metal Gear seems almost a niche game that i am surprised at how many people dont know to sop. But can some one explain something to me about it. Do you have to sop every single person you see or is it like linking to a network if two guys are already connected and i sop one then i will link to both of them?
It's like a network. When you salute somebody you also link up to all the other people he's connected to. I'm still freaking amazed that hardly anybody links up after respawning.

Cragen

dhelfric said:
I had a lot WTF moments.

Yeah that was a lot of fun.

I just need to stop trying to level CQC and handguns/sub machine guns and just stick to the rifles since right now my stats are going straight to hell :p

Farnack

Banned
Omg there's this guy in MGO who's like humming. Like an actual ingame humming. And then when the match ended, some strange western guitar strumming tune came on. It was so epic.

I couldn't stop laughing when I keep hearing that player hum.

Edit: Actually, I think it's the theme song to MGO.

In MGS4,
the resistance guy whistles it.

Killthee said:
It's like a network. When you salute somebody you also link up to all the other people he's connected to. I'm still freaking amazed that hardly anybody links up after respawning.
Thats what was confusing me. After i spawn i usually linked up to the nearest person i could find but it would be only that one guy that i end up connecting to.

Teknoman

Where is everyone? Im at the Rosemary one but there's 0 people. Checked Mei Ling, same there.

EDIT: 3 of us in Rosemary. Robert M. Needs a clan too.

Ploid 3.0

Teknoman said:
Whats Silent Mode?

Also has anyone been using Ghost Pranks? I'll be there in a bit as well.

People still arent using SOP? Also I wonder if they'll end up added all the weapons from MGS4 into MGO eventually? I want to see the Rail Gun in MGO :lol

I almost got kicked form the Rosemary Neogaf server because I chose to use claymore mines and it killed a team mate. I got out of my box as soon as I saw them and spammed salute but it was no good. I would pick out of the way spots to put traps but no one would get stuck. I wish the map had coordinates or something so I can just tell them where my trap area is.

Ploid 3.0

Farnack said:
Omg there's this guy in MGO who's like humming. Like an actual ingame humming. And then when the match ended, some strange western guitar strumming tune came on. It was so epic.

In MGS4,

:lol nice

Sallokin

Farnack said:

In MGS4,

If you want to hum type <SONG> into the chat box.

Top Bottom