• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
before you start doing these logos, be aware that the paint tool in game is very cumbersome. Take that plus the atrociously small resolution they give you to work with, make it as simple as possible. Basically, the larger the area, the better. I did the fox logo and most can't make out what it actually is. I re-did a new one that can't go up for a week or so (idk why Konami limits it).
zko9j6.png

Indeed

What the christ :S?

i cant select the beginner lobbies anymore. I get an "you cannot login to this loby. (0933:FFFFFE6C)" error.

Is my rank too high? I just reached 4 and have over 20 hours of playtime :S

Farnack

Banned
Indeed said:
What the christ :S?

i cant select the beginner lobbies anymore. I get an "you cannot login to this loby. (0933:FFFFFE6C)" error.

Is my rank too high? I just reached 4 and have over 20 hours of playtime :S
It is Indeed the case.

Lol I had to through in that pun.

Ploid 3.0

alr1ghtstart said:
before you start doing these logos, be aware that the paint tool in game is very cumbersome. Take that plus the atrociously small resolution they give you to work with, make it as simple as possible. Basically, the larger the area, the better. I did the fox logo and most can't make out what it actually is. I re-did a new one that can't go up for a week or so (idk why Konami limits it).
zko9j6.png

Dude I love your Kojima Productions thunder fox with a neogaf twist design. I could tell what it was the first time I saw it. Ace job, and if you do change it I'll wish it looked like a frog so we could steal it :(

Teknoman

FabCam said:
type <SONG> in the chatbox and your guy will sing it. If you're Snake he will whistle it.

Dont forget to delete the /all before you input song. Also make sure to use the same style size brackets.

Farnack

Banned
The Kojima production fox logo could use a bit of an outline. The transparency is killing it.

It looks like it blends in a lot of the times.

Teknoman

-COOLIO- said:
are you guys importing these images to the game or recreating them with the tools they give you in mgo?

Im guessing they are recreating them. We couldnt import em in the beta, so im assuming its the same here.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Teknoman said:
Dont forget to delete the /all before you input song. Also make sure to use the same style size brackets.
Also, make sure you aren't Nozdeuce...
<spoiler>I never got it working</spoiler>
:lol

Indeed

Teknoman said:
Im guessing they are recreating them. We couldnt import em in the beta, so im assuming its the same here.

well the option to import from the hdd is available. but i dont know if it works.

edit: but well maybe it does only work for previously saved designs.

Facism

Nozdeuce said:
I was just checking my game mail via the MGO site.

NA GAF IT'S ON

To war I say

i managed to move the EU clan from #60 to #58 earlier :D

come on guys we can be numbah 1

Nozdeuce

warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

edit: warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

edit: strongly worded letter?

Guled

Nozdeuce said:

NA GAF IT'S ON

To war I say
Its only a matter of time before we catch up to them. I say give us a week, and then we'll be #1.

Farnack

Banned
Nozdeuce said:

NA GAF IT'S ON

To war I say
Lol, I had a mail in beta from the #1 DM guy. He's says, "I'm number one!"

I think he sent it to me because I was the number one Base mode guy.

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
Its only a matter of time before we catch up to them. I say give us a week, and then we'll be #1.
Hopefully, the lead used to be a perpetual 700, now it tends to just be 500'ish. But now we have #3 clawing closer too

Nozdeuce

McBradders said:
BeeUnit was 68 when I checked today :lol
This is why Europe doesn't get nice things :lo

Edit: if you leave Killthee's server because you're fed up with silent mode, go elsewhere and dominate some lower level kids for a bit please.

Trevelyan

Banned
Alright, after finally going through the main game twice, I decided to tackle MGO for the first time. Pretty damn awesome, I must say, though it takes some getting used to. Joined a beginner lobby and managed to place first in all 5 games I played. Haha. One question, how the hell do I speak? I guess I'll come back once I have my 20 hours of playtime and am ready to clan up(if there is any space.)

KGKK

Banned
Just played MGO for the first time today. Had a blast. Can't wait to dwell into it deeper.:D

Anyway, my character name is KGKK and I'm up for the clans

Nozdeuce

Trevelyan said:
Alright, after finally going through the main game twice, I decided to tackle MGO for the first time. Pretty damn awesome, I must say, though it takes some getting used to. Joined a beginner lobby and managed to place first in all 5 games I played. Haha. One question, how the hell do I speak? I guess I'll come back once I have my 20 hours of playtime and am ready to clan up(if there is any space.)
You can apply at anytime, the 20 hours is required for creating one. If you are in NA, from the main menu go to clan>join clan>search clan>Neogaf>FoxUnit/FrogUnit>apply. For Europe, join BeeUnit

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Trevelyan said:

You can be IN a clan at any level, you just need 20 hours to make one.

ALSO; hold select to turn voice on.

Facism

McBradders said:
BeeUnit was 68 when I checked today :lol

60 when i got on earlier, 58 after a very successful hour on U.U SNE. I outsnaked snake 3 times to cap his ass with unscoped SVD headshots (cardboard box :D).

We'd be top 10 if we had more concurrent players on at any one time, as it is, BeeUnit isn't even full yet, and i've only ever caught a max of 4 others online at the same time as me.

Come on, lads :D

Ilparazzo

Whoohoo, I'm the the number one text message user in the beeunit!
I'm number one at something :p

Edit: I'm also the champ at getting trapped YAY

Trevelyan

Banned
Awesome. Thank you all so much. I'll be on past 11 EST tonight and be playing most of this week. God it feels good to finally be out of bootcamp and back to playing games. :lol

Teknoman

Guled said:
what affects the clans rankings?
Number of players and their participation time I guess. As long as we stay in the top 5 or so, we're good. Cant wait for a Kojipro rematch or official Clan v Clan matches.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Number of players and their participation time I guess. As long as we stay in the top 5 or so, we're good. Cant wait for a Kojipro rematch or official Clan v Clan matches.
Booo TO WAR

Seriously, we're closer to 5th than we are 1st =/

alba

Little is the new Big
bee_test3.png

I'm making the emblem at the moment, taking some time :p$
(isn't there a way to import a picture file? would be waaay easier, which calibrate the picture imported to MGO standards of colors and shit :p)

jesus christ i'm sucking bad.

i'm currently at 264 kills with 379 death, with a kdr of 69%. Ugh...that's embarassing, especially when you consider i've logged over 9 hours of playtime. I should be better.

To go along with feeling like i'm constantly being one-shot'd from weapons that aren't sniper rifles, I'm starting to think i'm not using skills that work for me and proper equipment. My current skills are as follows: Assault rifle, CQC, Narc, and Surveyor. Typically once i have the Drebin Points I like to use the m4, dot sight, and grip A.

If anyone could offer some tips or pointers to help me suck less, I'd appreciate it. I love the game and I can definitely see myself enjoying it for a long time, and I don't expect to be the best or anything, but my kdr should at least be 1.??.

LAMBO

This game kicks ass online!! I'm very surprised how good it is, there was someone text chatting me whil ei was playing, i wonder if it was one of you.

alba

Little is the new Big
Oki, Seiken could you give me the Emblem rights or something? I got it 90% done, just some bits here and there to fix but i think it's close enough :p

SRG01

xS1TH L0RDx said:

i'm currently at 264 kills with 379 death, with a kdr of 69%. Ugh...that's embarassing, especially when you consider i've logged over 9 hours of playtime. I should be better.

To go along with feeling like i'm constantly being one-shot'd from weapons that aren't sniper rifles, I'm starting to think i'm not using skills that work for me and proper equipment. My current skills are as follows: Assault rifle, CQC, Narc, and Surveyor. Typically once i have the Drebin Points I like to use the m4, dot sight, and grip A.

If anyone could offer some tips or pointers to help me suck less, I'd appreciate it. I love the game and I can definitely see myself enjoying it for a long time, and I don't expect to be the best or anything, but my kdr should at least be 1.??.

Don't choose CQC if you're going to be using Assault rifles.

First Person mode is good for getting headshots.

Auto-aim is your friend in close quarters.

PS. I swear they lowered the starting ammo since the beta. I've ran out of ammo three times today.

number386

xS1TH L0RDx said:

Use higher level skills, I would drop narc, surveyor, and cqc skills. Level up your Assault to level 2, then 3 it cuts the recoil, and reload time. Use First person perspective to get the headshots, and in third aim for the head.

Logging on now, I'll try to find a GAF game.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Now about that frog unit emblem? Top half of the neo gaf logo green, middle "N" shape red (tongue), and the bottom half white or light green as the belly of a frog? I don't know how to simplify it down to the low dot count to use as a map in creating the emblem in the editor, but I did some toying around with possible frog like emblem that look like it's formed from the neogaf logo (sorta like what m0bus did with the chomping neogaf avatar but with a red tongue reaching up to lick it's eyeball like a frog).
If you want to create it, let me know via pm and I will temporarily make you the clan leader to get it done. I don't have time to make the logo, lol.

The old logo is in this thread somewhere

Sallokin

Ephemeris said:
Oh, and this:

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image026gb2.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image027ej7.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image028pp8.jpg

Granted, I'm sure the skill probably wouldn't have any effect in actual combat, but I'd give up one of my slots for this :lol :
http://www.aimagehosting.com/images/zgn51531gqqbf95j6buq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
"Changes salute pose and preset
Codec messages. In addition, position
and Codec messages are broadcast
to all characters.

- Intimidation ***
- Attitude ***"

This is the only skill which comes with its own ranking chart on the community support page. I wonder how intimidation and attitude affect other players. Is the skill only available to clan leaders? If it acts like a buff/debuff to all other players, then it's probably restricted in some way.

SumGamer

Ephemeris said:
Can't wait for Team Sneaking Mode.

Oh, and this:

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image026gb2.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image027ej7.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image028pp8.jpg

Granted, I'm sure the skill probably wouldn't have any effect in actual combat, but I'd give up one of my slots for this :lol :
http://www.aimagehosting.com/images/zgn51531gqqbf95j6buq.jpg

How do you get that? Sounds like something for a leader like archnemesis said.

1stStrike

Banned
Usually when I login I only see 2 or 3 others on in foxunit max =\

I guess I always miss the action. Oh and my K:D ratio is pretty horrid. I'm just working on getting sniper rifles to lvl 3 atm.

Top Bottom