• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

traveler

Not Wario
Sorry I just bailed on you guys. I was having fun, but it's beddy bye time now. Woulda bothered to mention it, but the chat is just so cumbersome.

Lesson of the Day- Traps are, in fact, friendly fire. No more claymores and playboys for me. :lol

SRG01

traveler said:
Sorry I just bailed on you guys. I was having fun, but it's beddy bye time now. Woulda bothered to mention it, but the chat is just so cumbersome.

Lesson of the Day- Traps are, in fact, friendly fire. No more claymores and playboys for me. :lol

Were you the one planting the traps? I kept running into your claymores FFS. :lol

Teknoman

Killthee said:
Yeah, the codec messages require the brackets.

Oh yeah, either someone was lagging up your server, the server connection was lagging, or my mic is acting funny. Dunno what was going on, but for some reason on your server my headset either wasnt showing my voice icon (when talking) or showed it late.

Didnt know if people could hear me or not.

EDIT: After testing some stuff out, I think your server was getting some lag spikes from somewhere.

Ploid 3.0

The neogaf room was full so I uploaded some pictures I took.

Me doing a epic pose
34qmtk8.jpg

Me being distracted
300fepg.jpg

Fun with the gaf.
k01rnk.jpg

Me and my pron trap all to myself.
8vur0p.jpg

Burnin BURNIN'!
2ywybyo.jpg

Teknoman

In that case everyone come to the Mei Ling server: Gaffers room - Password gaff.

Also we might need to server migrate again. Looks like Rosemary is becoming as popular as Otacon.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ploid 3.0 said:
The neogaf room was full so I uploaded some pictures I took.
Me being distracted
300fepg.jpg
:lol I hadn't noticed that.
Ploid 3.0 said:
Me and my pron trap all to myself.
8vur0p.jpg
You are freaking evil with those traps. Out of the 20 hours I've played your the only person I've come across that spams the playboys like there's no tomorrow, and I love it and wish more people took advantage of the little things that make MGO different from every other shooter.
Teknoman said:
And its getting some wierd voice chat and voice command lag
Sorry about that, don't know whats going on. Is anybody else experiencing this? I'll try connecting the system via the ethernet port instead of the wireless on Monday to see if it'll make the lag go away.
Farnack said:
That's because it's not passworded... no gaffers can get in.
From my experience, it just takes way too long to get the ball rolling with a locked server and eventually all the people who know the password go to sleep and the server goes to waste. I'll lock the server more frequently once we've established scheduled meets.
Teknoman said:
Also we might need to server migrate again. Looks like Rosemary is becoming as popular as Otacon.
I agree, but I think we need clan nights before we do this. Rosemary works right now because clan members know to look for GAF servers in Rosemary and because setting up a server in it guarantees the server won't be a ghost town. We should keep open impromptu servers in Rosemary and locked clan night servers in the lobby farthest from Otacon.

Farnack

Banned
No one decided to join our private little server soo....

Teknoman, Nozdeuce, and I had some fun.

Gallant Nozdeuce
zk68hz.jpg

A not so gallant pose...
11gh7k7.jpg

What are you looking for, Teknoman?
21b3cl5.jpg

I see...
ae73wj.jpg

Aha! I got you both! Now... oooh, what do we have here?
2jecoz9.jpg

Snake's gettin' a little too old for this.
2v92cfq.jpg

Alright, you made your point. Not even a young guy can climb that. >_<
30aw611.jpg

Farnack

Banned
McBradders said:
How does one offer people boosts? :eek:
Find a boostable wall... like it'll look kind of obvious you can give a boost.

Crouch and have the wall beside you. It'll show a triangle action icon change.

Hold it.

FabCam

Farnack said:
Omg there's this guy in MGO who's like humming. Like an actual ingame humming. And then when the match ended, some strange western guitar strumming tune came on. It was so epic.

I couldn't stop laughing when I keep hearing that player hum.

Edit: Actually, I think it's the theme song to MGO.

In MGS4,
the resistance guy whistles it.

type <SONG> in the chatbox and your guy will sing it. If you're Snake he will whistle it.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Farnack said:
No one decided to join our private little server soo....

Teknoman, Nozdeuce, and I had some fun.
That was really fun. For some reason I never clued in that that's who you were till now :D I totally should have started with my S Plug spamming earlier, barely increased at all.

Kazenone

Sorry if this has already been covered, but there still isn't a Euro GAF clan yet?

Edit; Set up a server Rosemary;Kazenone;believe

FabCam

Kazenone said:
Sorry if this has already been covered, but there still isn't a Euro GAF clan yet?

Edit; Set up a server Rosemary;Kazenone;believe

There is a Euro GAF clan called neoGAF: BeeUnit

scaffa

I have no idea when the BeeUnit is getting its emblem. Is someone even working on it? I only saw two designs here and one of them was quite nice in my opinion, able made those if I'm right.

Do we want to see more designs?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Zotty said:
I have no idea when the BeeUnit is getting its emblem. Is someone even working on it? I only saw two designs here and one of them was quite nice in my opinion, able made those if I'm right.

Do we want to see more designs?

We should totally go for one of those.

Also, good showing today BeeUnit, while we were splintered, we were many. We put our lives on the line and got riddled with bullets over and over and over.

Game is too awesome :lol

Indeed

I was hoping for a mix between the gaf logo and a black hornet or something.

too bad i suck at painting :S

edit: no THIS!
bumble_bee.png

traveler

Not Wario
SRG01 said:
Were you the one planting the traps? I kept running into your claymores FFS. :lol

Yes :lol

I'd put one down and then several seconds later I'd be somewhere else and get the "Friendly Fire: Weapon Locked" message and wonder wtf was going on. It eventually dawned me after a few fights.

My MGO name is Grayfour, btw.

SumGamer

I'm pretty sure it's been address ere but well. What is the Combat training mode in Trainging game, I can't seems to find a room open and cannot start one myself.

19 hours in, this thing is really addictive.

DunpealD

bee_test3.png

This one, because the Bee is too cute.

Had a great game with ConcaloCastro and whoever is playing against him: Don't show him your head, because it's a 1-hit-kill invitation for him and he will gladly take it.

@kamorra
Saw you sometimes but sadly i can't join Automatching matches :/

DunpealD said:
Had a great game with ConcaloCastro and whoever is playing against him: Don't show him your head, because it's a 1-hit-kill invitation for him and he will gladly take it.

@kamorra
Saw you sometimes but sadly i can't join Automatching matches :/

You were kicking major ass in that Base game!! I loved it!

Also my vote goes for this one

bee_test3.png

Ploid 3.0

Now about that frog unit emblem? Top half of the neo gaf logo green, middle "N" shape red (tongue), and the bottom half white or light green as the belly of a frog? I don't know how to simplify it down to the low dot count to use as a map in creating the emblem in the editor, but I did some toying around with possible frog like emblem that look like it's formed from the neogaf logo (sorta like what m0bus did with the chomping neogaf avatar but with a red tongue reaching up to lick it's eyeball like a frog).

Indeed

Ploid 3.0 said:
Now about that frog unit emblem? Top half of the neo gaf logo green, middle "N" shape red (tongue), and the bottom half white or light green as the belly of a frog? I don't know how to simplify it down to the low dot count to use as a map in creating the emblem in the editor, but I did some toying around with possible frog like emblem that look like it's formed from the neogaf logo (sorta like what m0bus did with the chomping neogaf avatar but with a red tongue reaching up to lick it's eyeball like a frog).

5vp441.gif

doesnt get any better than this.

Top Bottom