• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
1stStrike said:
Usually when I login I only see 2 or 3 others on in foxunit max =\

I guess I always miss the action. Oh and my K:D ratio is pretty horrid. I'm just working on getting sniper rifles to lvl 3 atm.
Same here for the plain jane clan. I usually do a clan search for GAF and check the other clan rosters to see if there's anybody else on when I can't find anybody online from the plain jane clane.

Ephemeris

Jason here. Had some good games with you all tonight. I was relieved to win when I got to play as Snake in the first round (it was really close), and the damn server made me Snake again in the second. :lol I kept rushing in the beginning but calmed down, hunted my fellow gaffers and secured the win. ;)

The Fox Unit vs GAF battles were awesome. And for the record
FOX
won.

archnemesis said:
"Changes salute pose and preset
Codec messages. In addition, position
and Codec messages are broadcast
to all characters.

- Intimidation ***
- Attitude ***"

This is the only skill which comes with its own ranking chart on the community support page. I wonder how intimidation and attitude affect other players. Is the skill only available to clan leaders? If it acts like a buff/debuff to all other players, then it's probably restricted in some way.

It's for "combat instructors". Haven't seen any so far in the US server, but the Japan one just got them recently.
teach1.jpg

recture1.jpg

It's viral. One guy can train up to 16 people. Then, if he allows them all to graduate, those 16 then become instructors and can train 16 more, etc etc.

Lecture
you have the attention of all your students and can demonstrate techniques for them in person.Everyone has infinite health and psyche in lecture mode.

Practice mode
Practice mode is just what it sounds like, the students try to use what you have been telling them to defeat the other team. during this mode the instructor is a invisible ghost with the ability to spectate and of the players and type/voicechat/codec all players at once.

Graduation
after a minimum of 30 minutes after your class starts people will be ably to qualify to be graduated.it takes 30 minutes from the time a player enters the room to qualify. You as the instructor have the final say on if they pass or not. during this stage the instructor will automatically address the students and they will salute. people who passed will be standing,those who didn't make the cut....

Teknoman

Jason and his damn eagle eye. Seriously I got picked off every time I came outside :lol

Anyway, shots:

Tek, reporting for duty
egoema.jpg

I've got your back
2gt40nt.jpg

ITS A TRAP!
j7q2ro.jpg

2h6u655.jpg

BLAST OFF
23jrf9e.jpg

To infinity
10455r6.jpg

And beyond!
2gw962v.jpg

I need an adult!
2a61mp4.jpg

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ugh, seems like both MGO and this thread are really dropping off except for a select few. At this point would a Monday/Wednesday/Saturday set of NeoGAF Nights even help?
I miss the beta thread and being in Gaming

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Nozdeuce said:
Ugh, seems like both MGO and this thread are really dropping off except for a select few. At this point would a Monday/Wednesday/Saturday set of NeoGAF Nights even help?
I miss the beta thread and being in Gaming

MGO Defense Force Assemble!!!!

We could always do what the Halo 3 players do and just post in the official thread, regardless.

Also; de-regionalising this shit would help, like, a hundred fold.

Nozdeuce

McBradders said:
MGO Defense Force Assemble!!!!

We could always do what the Halo 3 players do and just post in the official thread, regardless.

This is the official thread, we got moved =/
Unregion locking might be helpful in a normal human world, but I fear it would go really badly with Konami steering the boat. :lol

Indeed

McBradders said:

Any reason why Konami regionlocked MGO in the first place? Its not like todays internetconnections couldnt handle an oversea connection.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, arranging times to play together would be great but the other problem is..not all of us are on the same schedules. I'm in PST time but I work from 10 pm - 7 am every day..and sleep till about 3 in the afternoon..so it would have to be like..6 pm EST for me to make it.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Well, arranging times to play together would be great but the other problem is..not all of us are on the same schedules. I'm in PST time but I work from 10 pm - 7 am every day..and sleep till about 3 in the afternoon..so it would have to be like..6 pm EST for me to make it.
Well most days that would be okay for me, probably wouldn't be great overall for a big thing though.

akachan ningen said:
Saturday or Sunday night would be best for me.
Works for me, also works for most of the people who actually replied a few days ago.

Ephemeris

Teknoman said:
Jason and his damn eagle eye. Seriously I got picked off every time I came outside :lol

I'm not usually a sniper either; one of those rare cases where I was in the zone :D You, Wesker and Flo (if I recall correctly) were doing your damnedest to stop me. :lol

Nice pics btw. Maybe I should start taking some photos as well.

DunpealD

@EuroGAF
Anyone interested in a "Strategic Meeting"?
Strategic Meeting = We are showing off some basics, tactics and getting more familiar with maps, i.o. to have a better MGO experience at least with fellow GAF members.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh and I'm still waiting for my bluetooth headset. I'm never going with a shipper that uses USPS again. The delivery estimate for my headset has a range of 19 days

What the fucking crap. Seriously.

Ephemeris

1stStrike said:
Oh and I'm still waiting for my bluetooth headset. I'm never going with a shipper that uses USPS again. The delivery estimate for my headset has a range of 19 days

What the fucking crap. Seriously.

That sucks :/

alba

Little is the new Big
DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF
Strategic Meeting = We are showing off some basics, tactics and getting more familiar with maps, i.o. to have a better MGO experience at least with fellow GAF members.

Sure :]

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

I'm up for it!

McBradders

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

Hell yes!

First lesson "PRESS TRIANGLE!"

Second Lesson "Press and hold select to talk :3"

Ilparazzo

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

You already know the answer to that :p

todahawk

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

Anyone interested in that for NA? Sorry no MGO this weekend for me, got sucked into single player (act 3 now) and dealing with brake problems on my car :(

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

Sounds good. I'm in.

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
Anyone interested in that for NA? Sorry no MGO this weekend for me, got sucked into single player (act 3 now) and dealing with brake problems on my car :(
Sounds good to me, could use more victims to spam Splug on :lol

NIN90

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

I'm in.

Indeed

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

Oh hell yeah.

by the way gaf is warhawk the only way to get a ps3 compatible headset?
and what about a keyboard. will any usb keyboard work?

Facism

DunpealD said:
@EuroGAF

sure. I have a mic, i'm sure that'll help out :p

McBradders

Indeed said:
Oh hell yeah.

Any USB keyboard. And any USB or Bluetooth headset -should- work with the console too.

Dyno

Got into the Online after finishing the game this week.

The registration is shameful. I'm sure that's been said many times but it bears repeating. I cannot believe a game with such high production values just plunks you on the internet to sign up.

At first I was a bit underwhelmed. Since your character moves slower than most on-line games there are many blind spots. Lots of games constituted nothing more than players getting shot from behind who would in turn get shot from behind only a second later.

Then however I got in with a good group, we constantly travelled in twos, threes, and fours. We took our time a lot more and made liberal use of the box. Traps were set and the enemy was successfully ambushed. That's when the strength of the game began to shine through.

The catapults are also a lot of fun! Only a Japanese game would add that kind of whimsy to a shooter title.

Hopefully this game has some legs.

I think it's far too early to panic, and if you really want to put the point across that activity is encouraged, start kicking inactives out of the clan. But you have to be organized, expecting people to play every day is not fair.

Besides, there's a single player game that I'm sure many have not beaten.

Working as a team is pivotal to the game I think. Yesterday me and Dunpeal were working together for several games and I died a lot less than when I play with other guys that just want to go at it alone.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Oh hell yeah.

What about this?
MGSheadsetb.jpg

About the keyboard I think every usb one works at least by my experience, I have tried a wireless and a wired keyboard and they both worked.

Oni Jazar

Is there a secret to knocking someone out via CQC? They always break away before I can fully drain their stamina. Is it just because of my level?

todahawk

1stStrike said:
This is the one I bought:

rrr.jpg

41z3pl8nsML.jpg

Will let you guys know how it works when it actually gets here. USPS..never again.

Sweet. i'm done with USPS too, my cellphone bill took 3 weeks to make it. Happened once before with my CC bill to. Pathetic. Our carrier just tosses shit everywhere. Tucks bills inside junk mail, etc. I'd take Newman over our group of carriers.

1stStrike

Banned
dhelfric said:
Holy F!!
Where do you live? In... future?

Yea, I come from the future. I have a message to you from the future as well.

You will be headshotted by me 86 times.

That is all :p

And yea, I'm really hoping the damn headset gets here today. People have been trying to talk to me and I have no mic D:

DunpealD

Ok it's good to see that people have interest in it.
I'm going to call that special session MSTP(for "Monkey Steals The Peach") from now on.

I'd appreciate it if Castro, Ilparazzo both of you could assist me in that session since you're also Beta vets and we already have some sessions behind us.

I want to clarify that it'll be a hardcore lesson with no place for fooling, stay focused and digest the information. I'll only be communicating using the keyboard and I'd appreciate it if you could get yourself a keyboard in order to communicate better with all of us.

Anyway first things first we have to match our schedules before putting it into action, so what time are you going to prefer?

DunpealD said:
I'm going to call that special session MSTP(for "Monkey Steals The Peach") from now on.

I'd appreciate it if Castro, Ilparazzo both of you could assist me in that session since you're also Beta vets and we already have some sessions behind us.

I want to clarify that it'll be a hardcore lesson with no place for fooling, stay focused and digest the information. I'll only be communicating using the keyboard and I'd appreciate it if you could get yourself a keyboard in order to communicate better with all of us.

Anyway first things first we have to match our schedules before putting it into action, so what time are you going to prefer?

I'm up for anytime today after 17:10 (GMT+1), I have some work to do. I will have my keyboard at the ready!

Ilparazzo

DunpealD said:

I don't know If I'll be able to make it today but I'll try, maybe around 17.30 GMT I might be able to log on.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I am possibly the worst person at MGO.

I dont hide much and when I do no one passes me, so I get impatient, walk around for a bit and usually get slaughtered apart from the odd time when I somehow manage to kill someone.

Anyone got any advice on which special abilities are best to equip?

alba

Little is the new Big
Currently up'ing my sniper rifle skills and it's more fun than I thought, still a bit annoying in close combat when you have to "spray and pray" the dsr-1 is a fucking MONSTER :p

I'm on right now if anybody wants to play some, let's create a GAF room on rosemary again :)

MGO Clan(s):
North America
NeoGAF:Closed/full. If we lose members you'll know.
NeoGaf:FoxUnit NOW ACCEPTING
NeoGAF:FrogUnit the slightly casual/competitive one is NOW ACCEPTING

am I still about to join one of these?

Oni Jazar

Metalmurphy said:
Are you holding R1 firmly?

yes very firmly. I see their stamina go down but my grip goes down faster. Maybe it's because I try to lie them down and knock them out? I figure that it conceals us better then just stand up chokes.

Top Bottom