• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Facism

alba said:
EuroGAF
Server UP in Rosemary! Join in :D

bah missed this. We need to organise a bit, only ever 4 of us online at one time. Played with Dunpeal earlier, and there was that random GAF server with 3 of us :/

Flo_Evans said:
I was playing like crap last night GAF team sorry :(

I am still trying to get back to how I was during the beta, no problems. BTW when we first started the match last night and it was just me and you in Grozny Grad, that was pretty damn awesome. 1 on 1 matches can be a lot of fun.

I will be on a little later.

HondaF1Fanatic

Neo Member
I just moved and am trying to set up my PS3 for wireless but it won't work. How do I get the damn thing up and running so I can get back on MGO? (I have a linksys with WEP encryption). In addition to sucking royally at MGO I am computer retarded so a step by step process would be spectacular.

SRG01

HondaF1Fanatic said:
I just moved and am trying to set up my PS3 for wireless but it won't work. How do I get the damn thing up and running so I can get back on MGO? (I have a linksys with WEP encryption). In addition to sucking royally at MGO I am computer retarded so a step by step process would be spectacular.

Can you access the internet in the first place?

Other than that, it should be a simple port forwarding problem.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
good games on the rosemary server.

no offense, but to the 2 guys on the red team that last match that ran by like 3 of us who were knocked out on the floor: wtf? :lol you guys ran by and snake just popped back out and grabbed our tags :lol

Bookey

Professional Monk
seriously man, you would think they would notice us laying next to each other snoring or when i tried to warn everyone via voice chat lol good times though

CB3

i went to wake you guys up at first but that one guy from the blue team came from behind and messed everything up. i kill him but then i get put to sleep -_-

So what's the deal with the non-passworded non Gaf clan NeoGAF servers I've seen floating around?

Also, Drebin Points are GAF's should be default.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
F$U has passed us and Fox Hound is right on our tail.
106nbyq.jpg

F$U only has 14 members (X_X;).
205ca34.jpg

MickeyKnox said:
So what's the deal with the non-passworded non Gaf clan NeoGAF servers I've seen floating around?

Also, Drebin Points are GAF's should be default.
Probably a GAF member started the server, decided to quit, and then designated another player as host so other gaffers could keep playing.

CB3

does leveling up open up more slots for abilities? i leveled up assault rifle to level 2 so now that costs 2 slots, making me take off an attribute.

Teknoman

Killthee said:
F$U has passed us and Fox Hound is right on our tail.
106nbyq.jpg

F$U only has 14 members (X_X;).
205ca34.jpg

Damn it...how are rankings done again? Either way, we've got tons of people with MGO. Tell em to take a break off their 4th replay of MGS4 and c'mon to the battlefield.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Any US Gaf rooms floating around? I'm thinking of creating one. Anyone up?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Man, that Deathmatch round was insane.

Good times guys, I had to duck out though. I added a few of guys to my friends list. I was Armonix btw.

Killthee

Just a reminder....
As of the week starting 23/06/2008, regular maintenance will be held on Tuesdays 00:00-02:00 (PDT). All customers, please make sure to log yourself out beforehand.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

OatmealMu

FrogUnit is finally up? About time...

WasabiKing said:
Frog Unit Emblem is up! Special thanks to OatmealMu for creating the logo, and managing the first Frog Unit during beta.

Oh, and I didn't manage the first unit. It was... akachan?

Agemo_GB

Neo Member
Hey I was just in the neoGAF room in Rosemary and there was some kid named Prophecy there who was team-killing. Is he with neoGAF?

mackaveli

Agemo_GB said:
Hey I was just in the neoGAF room in Rosemary and there was some kid named Prophecy there who was team-killing. Is he with neoGAF?

not sure, and it's set if they team kill twice they get kicked i believe.

Also thanks killthee for kicking someone.

1stStrike

Banned
There was someone named..Guild or something (in the main neogaf branch) that was spawn camping when I joined earlier..that got pretty annoying.

Killthee

1stStrike said:
There was someone named..Guild or something (in the main neogaf branch) that was spawn camping when I joined earlier..that got pretty annoying.
Guled?

1stStrike

Banned
Killthee said:

Yea, that's it. I came into the game and he was hiding around the corner and everytime I spawned would pop around and kill me. There was only like 5 players in the game at that point, but I really didn't have a chance to do anything.

Ploid 3.0

On one sneaking match I would rush out to throw smoke and I found the area the other team was gathering or hanging out at. Then after rushing there a few more times I noticed it was their spawn area. I then avoided going there due to the possibility of being a spawn camper. It's pretty easy to get there quick though. The map is the one with the rooftops in a urban city. Long ladders to the top roof.

1stStrike said:
Yea, that's it. I came into the game and he was hiding around the corner and everytime I spawned would pop around and kill me. There was only like 5 players in the game at that point, but I really didn't have a chance to do anything.
If you press the select button at the weapon selection screen, you can monitor your surroundings before choosing where to spawn. Combined with the ~5 seconds invincibility you should be able to take out any spawn campers before they get a chance to kill you.

1stStrike

Banned
archnemesis said:
If you press the select button at the weapon selection screen, you can monitor your surroundings before choosing where to spawn. Combined with the ~5 seconds invincibility you should be able to take out any spawn campers before they get a chance to kill you.

This was the desert map with only one spawn location, and as I said he was hiding around the corner far enough away where the 5 seconds weren't enough to kill him. I spammed grenades and got him once, but I got killed by someone sniping as I walked around the corner and he was right back there when I respawned.

If it was a random, ok, but he was in the neogaf clan.

SumGamer

1stStrike said:
This was the desert map with only one spawn location, and as I said he was hiding around the corner far enough away where the 5 seconds weren't enough to kill him. I spammed grenades and got him once, but I got killed by someone sniping as I walked around the corner and he was right back there when I respawned.

If it was a random, ok, but he was in the neogaf clan.

Try smoke granade to block his view and hide somewhere you can take advantage of.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
If you are having problems with spawncampers, you might wanna give a random server with a lower level average a try for a bit. They'll spawncamp you too but poorly so you'll have a better chance of learning to counter them. I love it when people spawn camp me, I get to stand there, lining up my shot and then the first second I'm no longer invincible I pop them in the head. It's a great way to start. Course it goes the otherway too as I take a swing through the enemy spawn, since headshots are so easy it's not hard to take someone down with a moderately well placed shot while running through.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Facism said:
bah missed this. We need to organise a bit, only ever 4 of us online at one time. Played with Dunpeal earlier, and there was that random GAF server with 3 of us :/

I still never played with any of you and I'm online every night. :/

wow oO How's it possible that out of 64 players in the clan I'm the only one online atm oO

Well, I'll be hosting a GAF room on Rosemary all day, password is the same as always. (if any, i'll start with no password then add it if it starts to get full)

*edit* On second thought, it'll be up in OTACON for now as ROSEMARY is empty atm :p

Why have a time? If there isn't one created already then just make one :p

Like I said I'll have mine up all day today. For now it's up in OTACON but once it's full I'll move it to ROSEMARY.

1stStrike

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Why have a time? If there isn't one created already then just make one :p

Like I said I'll have mine up all day today. For now it's up in OTACON but once it's full I'll move it to ROSEMARY.

My eyes are tired from being on the PC all night at work so I'll be napping before I play at all. I need to get some sleep (my right eye is twitching).

Guled

1stStrike said:
did it really annoy you, if so I'm sorry. I see everyone do it (and it has been done to me a lot) so I didn't really think people would get mad. Sorry again

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
DunpealD said:
You're always doing Automatching that's why nobody is playing with you. Because Automatching games can't be joined.

I'm always looking at the clan page first. When no one is online I do Automatching.

Ilparazzo

kamorra said:
I'm always looking at the clan page first. When no one is online I do Automatching.

I'd play with now but unfortunatly, if you're in a beginner room and I can't get in :p.

Edit: I made a Gaf room in Rosemary, there's no PW, join and such, I'll spectate while I eat lunch :p

todahawk

kamorra said:
Same here, when i first hopped on last night there was only one person from the neogaf clan on and no one from neogaf:foxunit

very odd. had some good matches later (got a ton of pix i'll have to post of the ghost pranks). do you have to export them? I didn't see them in the xmb photo area.

i'm gonna have to drop my sniper rifle for deathmatch modes, i started one session 0-10 before rebounding a bit. that or i have to completely change my tactics. maybe i gotta hide in the damn box more if i'm stick with the sniper. i'm running and gunning with it in dm/tdm too much.

Ilparazzo

kamorra said:
Yeah, and I was unbelievable
bad. So bad, it hurts. This or all other guys are invincible gods. I'm crying now

What the hell you talking about?
If that was unbelievably bad than you must be the best player in the world when you play well.

Top Bottom