• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ken Masters said:
am I still about to join one of these?
Yeah, join Fox or Frog, they have openings.

WasabiKing said:
I think it's far too early to panic, and if you really want to put the point across that activity is encouraged, start kicking inactives out of the clan. But you have to be organized, expecting people to play every day is not fair.

Besides, there's a single player game that I'm sure many have not beaten.

Agreed
Agreed
Agreed - though so far it's been hard, with under 10 responses. So either I PM everyone that's posted in this thread and the locked PSN/MGO or go with Saturday night (since that's what winning currently). My problem with that, is that it's just the regular's who've responded.

Agreed - SP is still a big issue, especially among the people who were the most active during the beta, they know what MGO is so they haven't bothered swinging by yet.

And for better or worse the Beta thread was on the front page at almost all times during those three weeks, devolving into serving the same purpose this one does. But with more awesome since everyone was forced to look at NEOGAF DRAWS KOJIPRO whether they wanted to or not. ...I guess we're pretty popular for the online/matchup forum, but nowhere near the response of the beta thread.

Cragen

alba said:
Currently up'ing my sniper rifle skills and it's more fun than I thought, still a bit annoying in close combat when you have to "spray and pray" the dsr-1 is a fucking MONSTER :p

I'm on right now if anybody wants to play some, let's create a GAF room on rosemary again :)

Yeah, the DSR-1 is just insane. People just go down in one hit no matter where you hit them.

todahawk

Cragen said:
Yeah, the DSR-1 is just insane. People just go down in one hit no matter where you hit them.

i luv the dsr-1 as well, great for defense on modes like rescue and base. find a good spot and you're golden (grahams). gotta appreciate a shot to the kneecap or elbow that kills.

Flek

Banned
do you have to pm someone to get in the euro gaf bee squad ? I already send a ingame request but nothing happend ;D ?

Kazenone

Flek said:
do you have to pm someone to get in the euro gaf bee squad ? I already send a ingame request but nothing happend ;D ?

Seiken is in charge, but is having problems with his MGO disc apparently. We have to be patient :)

DunpealD

Np let's take it slowly and get some information about the availability of the other EU GAF members first. Also many are still waiting for Seikens approval so it's not that bad after all since being full fledged members first will have it's advantages.

1stStrike

Banned
It's gotta be EU cause I don't see any neogaf rooms on the US side..so I made my own in rosemary on the US side.

Game name: neogaf
pass: gaff
Lobby: rosemary

If no one joins, I'll leave it up as dedicated and go back to sleep.

Ephemeris said:
I'm not usually a sniper either; one of those rare cases where I was in the zone :D You, Wesker and Flo (if I recall correctly) were doing your damnedest to stop me. :lol

Nice pics btw. Maybe I should start taking some photos as well.

Great matches last night!

You were on last night. Your Sneaking stradegy was excellent, I will shamelessly steal it from now on. On that second sneaking where you were Snake again, I tried so hard to just stay near that tag cause I knew you had to get it. The issue is it seemed like no one cared it was there, if it was up to me I would set up the entire team on that spot. So I was left to guard it but of course that makes me an easy target. I was so hoping you would get hit by the claymore, damn you! :lol

Yeah Fox won the night, still it felt good to single handedly take out your entire squad in that one rescue match. Never suspected the cardboard box huh.

Nozduece, yeah I alot of us are still playing the hell out of MGS4. At this point (about 2 weeks) in the beta I had 30+ hours of MGO. Before last night I was at like 5 hours. I will be playing more as time goes on. Are there clan matches? It says something about official match.

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Nozduece, yeah I alot of us are still playing the hell out of MGS4. At this point (about 2 weeks) in the beta I had 30+ hours of MGO. Before last night I was at like 5 hours. I will be playing more as time goes on. Are there clan matches? It says something about official match.
That's fine. It's good to be enjoying such an awesome game finally. We have a few of the old regulars like PaiPai, though you, Darkpen and Mickey haven't been around much yet.

No clan matches yet, but you'll be among the first to know whenever there's anything worth telling.

Flek

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
Europe has one in Rosemary, PW is believe.

I guess I can't make it to the session today too much crap going on, sorry...

hmm i dont see it , and i dont see the nother european one. Are the all closed? Damn i want to fight with you euro gaffer :)

Flek

Banned
are server dedicated or not ? Hmm whatever iam going to open a euro gaf room in otacon now - name will be "neogaf" and no pw. Join - join - join!

Flek said:
are server dedicated or not ? Hmm whatever iam going to open a euro gaf room in otacon now - name will be "neogaf" and no pw. Join - join - join!
Lol, I already made one on ROSEMARY, NeoGAF / Believe.

Also Euro hosted. But US, feel free to join ;)

Nozdeuce

You can create dedicated servers, I think it's one of the last options.

Thanks to everyone who have been hosting GAF games. As as friendly reminder, it's much appreciated when you specify which region you are in when you announce your server. Thanks again :D

Ilparazzo

Since we are already talking about dedicated servers, if you decide you need one (for the session or otherwise) tell me, and I'll make one.

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
Great matches last night!
You were on last night. Your Sneaking stradegy was excellent, I will shamelessly steal it from now on. On that second sneaking where you were Snake again, I tried so hard to just stay near that tag cause I knew you had to get it. The issue is it seemed like no one cared it was there, if it was up to me I would set up the entire team on that spot. So I was left to guard it but of course that makes me an easy target. I was so hoping you would get hit by the claymore, damn you! :lol
MiamiWesker said:
Good god Ephemeris, 40 victories as Snake. *Bow*

As you saw, I play as Snake alot :lol; developed some tactics along the way.. which work pretty well. Key to Snake? Patience. Sometimes you can get away with a quick strike (I finished a game in under 2 minutes once on a GAF server) but against a large number of skill opponents like last night, it's very risky.

In both games I rushed early on and got killed twice by both teams; meaning I only had one life left -_-. You personally took me out two or three times in both games I believe. Sometimes I had to sit for minutes scoping everybody out. Running out while a gunfight is going on isn't a wise move. Oh yeah, I NEARLY got hit/killed by that claymore you left. Saw it at the last minute and shot it. :lol

9 out of 10 times I choose
Rex vs Ray
as my background music. Gets me tense and hyped. When I have one life left I choose Metal Gear Solid; and vice versa. :lol

I'd definitely have the Snake emblem if it wasn't for the fact I got Eagle Rank early on :( It seems Eagle trumps most if not all of them.

MiamiWesker said:
Yeah Fox won the night, still it felt good to single handedly take out your entire squad in that one rescue match. Never suspected the cardboard box huh.

Yeah. Troublesome ¬__¬

roxya

I'm up for EuroGAF sessions any day 6pm-2am GMT. Sounds like a great idea. Though if you somehow manage to fill up completely, newer MGO'ers can take my place :)

Ilparazzo

roxya said:
I'm up for EuroGAF sessions any day 6pm-2am GMT. Sounds like a great idea. Though if you somehow manage to fill up completely, newer MGO'ers can take my place :)

I'm guessing we could make them with a fixed duration so everyone gets to practice if it comes to that, either that or we could break into teams with an instructor ( an actual instructor when it becomes possible to be one).

Oni Jazar

1stStrike said:
It's gotta be EU cause I don't see any neogaf rooms on the US side..so I made my own in rosemary on the US side.

Game name: neogaf
pass: gaff
Lobby: rosemary

If no one joins, I'll leave it up as dedicated and go back to sleep.

Had fun playing with you! I wish I could've stayed longer but I was on my lunch break.

I finally won a sneaking round as Snake! Got lucky as hell when I KO'ed two guys one right after the other in a secluded area.

If I may make reccomendations for those creating GAF rooms:

1) Do not use a password during non peak hours. There aren't that many people playing and it's better to have other people play then a GAF only room with 1 or 2 people. Peak times (6-12PM EST) it's okay to password protect IMO.

2) Make the password "believe". It's a GAF staple, and makes us not have to check to see what the password is before joining.

1stStrike

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Damn, Me and 1stStrike had lots of sniper showdowns :p

You didn't always have the first strike though :D

I swear, you were wall hacking :p You'd usually end up on the high ground before me and just pop out around the corner and headshot me before I could even get my reticule on you ><

Was fun though. Sniping is all I do..if you see me with any other weapon, then I made a mistake :p

It can be frustrating in cqc, but I really don't have much luck with any other weapons.

Oh and, if anyone was looking for my server..sorry, I got bored and saw metal was on so I joined his game.

@Jazar - Yea, another time. And yea, you got me on that one. I got knocked out and then some random guy runs up and stares at you while doing nothing, so he got knocked out too. I was just like..someone call the waaaambulance D:

I've won 2 whole matches as snake..I almost never get to play as snake and when I do it's always on a full map where I basically spawn and get killed before I can even get out of sight =\

I much prefer playing as MKII..lol that's so fun.

So what GAF game is going on right now? Hopefully it will prove exciting and rejuvinate my spirits about this game, otherwsie i might as well give up my clan spot to someone who really enjoys it.

1stStrike said:
I swear, you were wall hacking :p You'd usually end up on the high ground before me and just pop out around the corner and headshot me before I could even get my reticule on you ><
lol, I had the advantage, from where I was standing I could see you by tilting the camera a bit, but you couldn't see me, i just waited till you "seemed" to be looking at the other side of the tower, then i'd just move right a bit and BAM. :D

1stStrike

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
lol, I had the advantage, from where I was standing I could see you by tilting the camera a bit, but you couldn't see me, i just waited till you "seemed" to be looking at the other side of the tower, then i'd just move right a bit and BAM. :D

Haha, good one. I usually use the camera to my advantage too, but you definitely had me there.

Also, that one time was like the duel between sniper wolf and snake in MGS1. I was ducking under cover, you had the high ground and the advantage..we pop out at the same time and shoot..and I lose :p

Unfortunately, I didn't have rations or a second chance to kill you lol

Gamer @ Heart said:
So what GAF game is going on right now? Hopefully it will prove exciting and rejuvinate my spirits about this game, otherwsie i might as well give up my clan spot to someone who really enjoys it.

jason (eph) has a game going right now in rosemary named "big bosses only". I'll hop in a bit if you want as well, but most US players are at work right now and I don't see anyone else on in the roster (foxunit)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Change to Maintenance Times
As of the week starting 23/06/2008, regular maintenance will be held on Tuesdays 00:00-02:00 (PDT). All customers, please make sure to log yourself out beforehand.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Much better.

I guess i will jump in tonight when more gaffers are on. I dont even know if my headset works because in the 6 seperate games i have joined, i havent meet anyone else with a mic. I see the symbol for recieveing pop up, but i havent heard a voice which has me worried.

Nozdeuce

Gamer @ Heart said:
I guess i will jump in tonight when more gaffers are on. I dont even know if my headset works because in the 6 seperate games i have joined, i havent meet anyone else with a mic. I see the symbol for recieveing pop up, but i havent heard a voice which has me worried.
Only play with random strangers if you want to go out and dominate noobs to help boost your Kills/Death ratio. Playing with GAF is an entirely different experience, people spam SOP at the start and throughout, people use a variety of SOP based skills. Quite a few of the active gaffers have mics.

summary: play with randoms only to stomp the shit out of noobs, play with GAF for the (awesome) full-on tactical experience.

I'll also be on later tonight :D

Ephemeris

Flo_Evans said:
I was playing like crap last night GAF team sorry :(

If you called that playing like crap I don't want to see your good days :lol

1stStrike said:
jason (eph) has a game going right now in rosemary named "big bosses only". I'll hop in a bit if you want as well, but most US players are at work right now and I don't see anyone else on in the roster (foxunit)

Friend of mine (beginner) had a server up. Was showing her the basics. By the time we were finished there was only one other Fox Unit member on other than me.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Friend of mine (beginner) had a server up. Was showing her the basics. By the time we were finished there was only one other Fox Unit member on other than me.
was wondering about that this morning :(

Flo_Evans

Ephemeris said:
If you called that playing like crap I don't want to see your good days :lol

I was doing all right at 1st, but towards the end of the night I was consistently in last place :lol probably should of hung it up 2 hours earlier.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
was wondering about that this morning :(

I played with her for about 5+ hours within a 15 hour period -_-

She went from "can't shoot sh*t" to killing my Snake and winning a Sneaking Mission. She needs alot of work with her Snake-playing though. :/ She has the shooting mechanics down, but her timing/tactics are a little lacking. It's really boring practicing the capture and TDM modes 1v1 -_-

Flo_Evans said:
I was doing all right at 1st, but towards the end of the night I was consistently in last place :lol probably should of hung it up 2 hours earlier.
Ah! Makes sense now. That's why I left, getting a little tired. Only came back on to help my friend out.

Nozdeuce said:
Playing with GAF is an entirely different experience, people spam SOP at the start and throughout, people use a variety of SOP based skills. Quite a few of the active gaffers have mics.

summary: play with randoms only to stomp the shit out of noobs, play with GAF for the (awesome) full-on tactical experience.

This. Also known as: the-reason-why-I-didn't-let-her-play-with-us-this-morning

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
I played with her for about 5+ hours within a 15 hour period -_-

She went from "can't shoot sh*t" to killing my Snake and winning a Sneaking Mission. She needs alot of work with her Snake-playing though. :/ She has the shooting mechanics down, but her timing/tactics are a little lacking. It's really boring practicing the capture and TDM modes 1v1 -_-

This. Also known as: the-reason-why-I-didn't-let-her-play-with-us-this-morning
Meh, PM me, I'll trade you me being a punching bag for me Splugging you. Seriously, I'd be more than happy to help with people learning the basics, feel free to hit me up if you need someone to use as target practice.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I think I'm about done on Single player. I've pretty much opened up everything except the Big Boss emblem...heh.. :/

I'll start doing more online pretty soon.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Meh, PM me or ingame mail me, I'll trade you me being a punching bag for me Splugging you. Seriously, I'd be more than happy to help with people learning the basics, feel free to hit me up if you need someone to use as target practice.

Cool. I should have done that earlier!

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Cool. I should have done that earlier!
Feel free to hit me up next time, I can be gentle. I'm apparently as available as you are :lol PM or begging here would be preferred to ingame mail. Also have blades and cqc n stuff mastered, so we could put on quite the show.

Edit: I also totally need your snake training. When I play as snake I'd just as soon M4 people.

Edit: Just got another mail from the #1 clan leader "seems you've become the #3 clan.....FSU clan took your spot. This may become a problem" :(

1stStrike

Banned
I almost have sniper rifles lvl 3'd. I wanna get cqc and knives to lvl 3, but hard to do that on a random server. One thing that gives me a bad taste in my mouth is spawn campers..I hate spawning and then having people come flying around the corner guns blazing at me. It's like..wtf, give me a chance.

My biggest issue with playing as snake is dealing with full servers. You don't stand much of a chance when you spawn and have no chance to get setup somewhere cause there's 5 people all in the area around you. Playing as snake with like..10 or so people is just right.

Guled

I've been looking at the clan rankings and I see that I can never catch up to Nozdeuce, well I'll try to get and stay at second place (my goal for tomorrow if the servers don't go down).

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
I've been looking at the clan rankings and I see that I can never catch up to Nozdeuce, well I'll try to get and stay at second place (my goal for tomorrow if the servers don't go down).
You definitely have a shot, but it's a marathon not a sprint. I haven't been playing as much since my first weekend, but I'm working on that.

Top Bottom