• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

todahawk

kamorra said:
Yeah, and I was unbelievable
bad. So bad, it hurts. This or all other guys are invincible gods. I'm crying now

yeah, i'm curious too. are you 4/10 k/d bad or 10/10 k/d bad?
i was about ready to quit MGO after that match i had last night. not fun when you're getting your ass handed to you that bad.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
uhh... guys sorry. But I got my ass whooped pretty bad in the last 4 or 5 games. I mean I finished as the last but one. That's not so good.

1stStrike

Banned
Guled said:
did it really annoy you, if so I'm sorry. I see everyone do it (and it has been done to me a lot) so I didn't really think people would get mad. Sorry again

It's cool, I just don't condone it, especially when we've got gaffers playing together. The whole, "Just cause someone else does it doesn't mean you should do it too" thing applies here :p

Facism

kamorra said:
uhh... guys sorry. But I got my ass whooped pretty bad in the last 4 or 5 games. I mean I finished as the last but one. That's not so good.

you have good days and bad days. Don't worry about it.

When i start a round and know i'm going to get brapped like a motherfucker, i just quit out and try later. Trying to maintain a 2:1 ratio on K : D :p

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Facism said:
you have good days and bad days. Don't worry about it.

When i start a round and know i'm going to get brapped like a motherfucker, i just quit out and try later. Trying to maintain a 2:1 ratio on K : D :p

Yeah, it's ok. As long as I still have more kill than deaths I'm fine. :)

I'm still not sure what skills to use. I have Assault Rifle and Runner on Lv2. Is runner actually useful? What do you guys use?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Indeed said:
lvl 3 blades and level 1 cqc. i love it =)

I'm pretty bad at CQC and I would like to use my Assault Rifle but I'm not sure about Runner. What about that skill that let you see wounded enemys?

Indeed

kamorra said:
I'm pretty bad at CQC and I would like to use my Assault Rifle but I'm not sure about Runner. What about that skill that let you see wounded enemys?

well i suck with assault rifles so i cant help you with that. i thought that runner was helpful the time i was leveling blades to catch up with fleeing enemies.
what skill do you mean? narc, monogablabla? never used narc yet. mono....thing is usefull yes but usually if you link up with your teammates (triangle) you can guess which way the enemy is.
plus there are motion sensors.

Ephemeris

Had some good games with you guys earlier.

Picture Time:

Don't be fooled. This is Serious Business.

Day Dreaming..

About to take his tag

...Boo.

Misc Poses

Two new action figures coming soon.

Fox Unit Jason. (Optional Accessories include M4, Magazine and combat knife.)

Old Boss Jason (Octocam "Ephemeris Edition" sold separately in 49 different colors!)

todahawk

alba said:
assault rifle lvl 3
nanomia thingy lvl3

:D

now I use sniper rifle 2 nanomia thingy 3 and narc 2
cool, i'm using the same slots but I'm sniper 2, mono 1, narc 0/1. sniper is a sliver from 3, mono is almost 2.

regarding k/d, i have about 60 more kills than deaths. was getting close to 1/1 before last night.

alba

Little is the new Big
greenjerk said:
cool, i'm using the same slots but I'm sniper 2, mono 1, narc 0/1. sniper is a sliver from 3, mono is almost 2.

regarding k/d, i have about 60 more kills than deaths. was getting close to 1/1 before last night.

Well I did most of the beginning with assault rifles so that got me a good start, still having a pretty good ratio with snipers whatsoever

I'm at 1177 kills 832 deaths at the moment :D

Ephemeris

friend has a training room up on rosemary. Big bosses only I believe.

BlockBastard said:
I'm a member of the NeoGAF FoxUnit and I hardly ever see people online. : (

I'm BEAT CRUSADER in MGO btw.

We have alot of in-actives for a Clan ranked 15th currently.:lol

Flek

Banned
Indeed said:
that was fun =)
we need more eurogaffers!

it really whas! But damn you should have told me that youre the nother german dude ... there where actually 3 german gaffers in the room...you,blablurn and me :lol

Btw. How do you shout comands like "sweeet" or something , i dont see them anywhere when i press select.

number386

What's the password for the GAF games?

My thoughts so far, with over 25 hours of play:

I really, really like it. The CQC is well done, all the great MGS4 mechanics have been translated well to online play. I do have some cons though, the mechanics lends itself more to luck rather then skill then most FPS games. Primarily the big targeting reticule, I wish it was a lot smaller.

The lag really hurts MGO. I had plenty of games where I spray an entire clip at a guys head (with 3 rifle skill) he turns around and shoots once (headshot) while I have full health and kills me, this happens a lot. Conversely not nearly as much as the former, I had games where I fire a couple of shots from across a small map such a BB and headshot people without using First person perspective. Forget about up close they don't even stand a chance. Does being the host improve on the lag? I never hosted a game too impatient to wait for people.

Sniper mechanics seem to be broken. I like to strafe around and snipe Halo style during a sniper standoff, when I have stationary snipers lined up perfectly (right between the eyes) for the headshot I shoot first (I'm a quick shot) nothing I'm like WTH, I shoot again continuing to strafe between the eyes nothing, and he/she shoots me and I die. I done this probably over a dozen times, Lag maybe?

M14EBR the automatic sniper rifle has to be removed from DP games, or at the very least change the DP from a paltry 750 to 10,000. It's the weapon of the gods, you might as well hurl thunderbolts at your opponents, it's that good. And up close it can hold it's own agains rifles, and SMGs.

I wish I could change my outfit,( I chose all black for utilitarian purpose ie. harder to see in dark areas,) I would even pay to do it. I don't want to start a new character, since I leveled up a lot of my skills.

Thats about it so far, I haven't developed my CQC yet maybe I'll do it next.

h3ro

Is there anyway to change the colors/clothing on my character?

If I delete my character, do I have to pay for a new one, or can I just make another free on since I deleted the original and am not adding more characters?

Indeed

Flek said:
it really whas! But damn you should have told me that youre the nother german dude ... there where actually 3 german gaffers in the room...you,blablurn and me :lol

Btw. How do you shout comands like "sweeet" or something , i dont see them anywhere when i press select.

youre german? damn :p! lets get on teamspeak, skype or whatever sometime. currently i only have a normal computer headset :S

sweet = select - > press left -> press right. i didnt change any commands in the options.

h3ro said:

If I delete my character, do I have to pay for a new one, or can I just make another free on since I deleted the original and am not adding more characters?

i dont think you can change your clothes / or colors.
i guess you should be able to make a new character if you delete your old one. it would just suck if you are only entitled to make one character in your ps3's lifetime (without paying)

SRG01

h3ro said:

You can change your clothing on the personal stats page. The only thing you can't change is face, username, and voice.

1stStrike

Banned
So, I got the Darklite Ex-01 Bluetooth Headset (finally..damn you usps) that I posted before..

Holy shit, the box alone was awesome.

It comes in a fancy case. The top of it has a flip up latch. You flip it up, pull up on the plastic handle and the top of it comes neatly sliding out. Pull a couple plastic tabs up and then the whole thing pulls out neatly without any need to rip or cut anything.

Now, as for wearing it..it's just as comftorable as they say it is. The rubber ear piece goes over the top of your ear and the headset sits against it..but not in it. And it's pretty light.

Now..I just need the PSN to go back up so I can chat with someone D:

Edit: Tried it out in MGO..it works but the only other person with a mic was Jason and I never got any feedback on whether he could actually hear me or not (or how well).

Oh and, Jason, I can't hear anything you're saying on your mic..try turning your volume up in the PS3's sound settings or something.

Indeed

jesus christ, random team deathmatch with lag really gets my blood boiling.

first of all, all these douchebags play mgo like a mix of cod4 and counterstrike buzzkill. no cover, only m4, no triangle and no waiting for teams.

plus if you cqc grab someone and then suddenly die from a headshot from the one youre grabbing. it just sucks.
im angry
=(

1stStrike

Banned
Indeed said:
jesus christ, random team deathmatch with lag really gets my blood boiling.

first of all, all these douchebags play mgo like a mix of cod4 and counterstrike buzzkill. no cover, only m4, no triangle and no waiting for teams.

plus if you cqc grab someone and then suddenly die from a headshot from the one youre grabbing. it just sucks.
im angry
=(

That's why public servers suck. Though, I find they're so easy to get random kills in.

Also, me, jason, nozdeuce..and pho3nix played a few matches together. First of all, noz and jason are frigging machines. Headshots galore.

Second..the desert map is a snipers haven, so I turned things around on that one and came out with rank 1..and lol..I'm like..1 cm away on the bar from lvl 3'ing sniping D: Oh well, I'll get it tomorrow.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
That's why public servers suck. Though, I find they're so easy to get random kills in.

Also, me, jason, nozdeuce..and pho3nix played a few matches together. First of all, noz and jason are frigging machines. Headshots galore.

Second..the desert map is a snipers haven, so I turned things around on that one and came out with rank 1..and lol..I'm like..1 cm away on the bar from lvl 3'ing sniping D: Oh well, I'll get it tomorrow.
You're a hell of a sniper already. They totally pulled a bait and switch on me though, I thought I had signed up as a target dummy and ended up having to run.

2v2 Snipers at MM has to be the worst thing ever.

Ephemeris

1stStrike said:
Edit: Tried it out in MGO..it works but the only other person with a mic was Jason and I never got any feedback on whether he could actually hear me or not (or how well).

Oh and, Jason, I can't hear anything you're saying on your mic..try turning your volume up in the PS3's sound settings or something.

Don't worry about it. I heard you very clearly. Good mic. Have to fiddle with the settings on mine.

Oh yeah, you were a helluva good Sniper. I felt bad for Noz and pho3nix sometimes :lol

All Noz sees is his enemy's head. :|

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Don't worry about it. I heard you very clearly. Good mic. Have to fiddle with the settings on mine.

Oh yeah, you were a helluva good Sniper. I felt bad for Noz and pho3nix sometimes :lol

All Noz sees is his enemy's head. :|
I felt bad for her too, I make for a horrible teammate :lol As you noticed with me M4ing as Snake, I don't really go for the subtle

Edit: I'd be down for next time if she wasn't completely scared off :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
You're a hell of a sniper already. They totally pulled a bait and switch on me though, I thought I had signed up as a target dummy and ended up having to run.

2v2 Snipers at MM has to be the worst thing ever.

lol, you're better overall than me. I have the advantage at a distance, but once you get close to me I'm usually fucked cause I suck at cqc (I don't have the cqc skill equipped either).

I still have some issues with moving targets..people that run all around in circles and shit are hard to keep up with on analog sticks.

If you play with me some more, you'll notice I never use anything but sniper rifles..I just don't feel comfortable with anything else. Me and Jason had a good thing going on, which is what I prefer to do. Have someone that's actually good with assault rifles lead the way, while I provide backup from the rear.

Maybe next time we'll be on the same team.

Also..GET MICS.

Zyzyxxz

just applied the Frogunit group, we only gots 26 ppl though.

What is the game name you guys normally use so I can find you guys?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Zyzyxxz said:
just applied the Frogunit group, we only gots 26 ppl though.

What is the game name you guys normally use so I can find you guys?
NeoGAF (usually in Rosemary during peak, sometimes in Otacon), if it's locked it's usually the common pass. You can check the other clan roster by doing a clan search for GAF.

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
NeoGAF (usually in Rosemary during peak, sometimes in Otacon), if it's locked it's usually the common pass. You can check the other clan roster by doing a clan search for GAF.
Also friends people you run into more than once, or me/Killthee/Flo/Jason/Dork/ other regulars I can't think of at the moment

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
I felt bad for her too, I make for a horrible teammate :lol As you noticed with me M4ing as Snake, I don't really go for the subtle

Edit: I'd be down for next time if she wasn't completely scared off :lol

I hated when she went from "I'm still trying to grasp everything" to "BEAST MODE ACTIVATE!" when playing against you guys. And it always happened during capture too :lol

1stStrike said:
Me and Jason had a good thing going on, which is what I prefer to do. Have someone that's actually good with assault rifles lead the way, while I provide backup from the rear.

You and Noz down for a rematch in a couple hours ? o_O

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
I hated when she went from "I'm still trying to grasp everything" to "BEAST MODE ACTIVATE!" when playing against you guys. And it always happened during capture too :lol

Sorry dude, but I'm fixing to get some zzz's before work here soon. I work 10 pm - 7 am PST and I usually sleep like..from 7 am - 11 am and like 4 pm - 9 pm. lol, weird sleep schedule right?

I'm down tomorrow though. I have a lot more fun playing with you guys than I do on random servers.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:

I'm game.

She certainly does seem to be progressing very well, and quickly. I had a few nitpicky things I may as well go over here for you to pass along. Mostly waiting for me if she was near spawn and I died, I dunno what you think but I find it's almost always better to press the advantage/keep the pressure up (I'd rather she finished you off and died to 1st strike than you sneak behind us and we both get double teamed from either side). That was my biggest issue really, needs more work aiming and more work with map layouts but both of those come with time. After the one time I mentioned using SOP more she usually beat me to it everytime. I do really like that she almost always beelines to enemy spawn, which as someone who only knows and understands bludgeoning, I wholeheartedly approve
especially if it angers/throws off 1ststrike.
Think if she was just playing on the beginner servers she'd be in the top half, 1st place by tomorrow. Oh, less rolling - more shooting.

Overall she was probably a better teammate to me than I was to her. She also totally needs to clan up with one of the three.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Zyzyxxz said:
can somebody PM me the pass?

I dont even remember teh one we used during beta
neogaf1.gif

believe

carlos

Sorry for bailing on the neogaf room, killthee, but I had been playing for 3 hours prior and I'm just burnt out....

Sad to see only Human Shield from the clan online in those 3 hours....

Top Bottom