• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
The second the MGS4 thread drops from the first page we should go squat the hell out of it :lol

Edit: looking back at the first few pages it's the exact same people then that are here now

1stStrike

Banned
Things will settle out and I'm working on stealing people from the official MGS4 thread. We'll bring them to us. With honey and delicious snacks.

And the official MGO GAF tournament of sweetness that we're going to host when we get organized, damnit. I don't mind throwing some money out there to sponser a prize if we get a good showing.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Things will settle out and I'm working on stealing people from the official MGS4 thread. We'll bring them to us. With honey and delicious snacks.

And the official MGO GAF tournament of sweetness that we're going to host when we get organized, damnit. I don't mind throwing some money out there to sponser a prize if we get a good showing.
I fully approve the idea of prizes
executions are a great idea!

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I fully approve the idea of prizes
executions are a great idea!

I'll be executing you later today :p

Actually, we should swap it up and see how you and me do against jason and whoever else. Or, if we can get like a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 game going..even better.

Oh and, I posted my thoughts on the Darklite EX-01 Bluetooth Headset

You guys that don't have one yet..it's really worth picking up.

Well, there goes playing MGO for 2 weeks straight. My ISP decided to turn to shit and now I'm downloading at 100kbps MAX and I keep getting disconnected from the PSN.

Fuck this shit. I was really looking forward to non-stop MGO sessions.

Hey guys is the FoxUnit still accepting clan members? I sent in a request but i havent been accepted yet :(

psn: longmeat
gid: bdizzle1982

FoxUnit doesn't care about black people ;_;

Doc Evils

If anyone from Konami online is reading, I have found a clan on the European servers using some kind of exploit where they can shoot through walls. I think it's called Hype or Hyde but I'm 100% certain that the members name was Borris. Could you please check this out?

Owensboro

Yeah, I screwed around on MGO a little last night, and prompty got my face rocked over and over. I'd love to join up with you guys, but right now i'm more of a moving target then an actual dominant force. Any chance I can get a spot? or should a new "NeoGAF:FluffyBunnyUnit" be created?

Ilparazzo

ChryZ said:
So I searched for neogaf, found and applied to the bee-unit.

Welcome to the ranks of the bee unit, even though you're not an official member until seiken comes back...

Doc Evils said:
If anyone from Konami online is reading, I have found a clan on the European servers using some kind of exploit where they can shoot through walls. I think it's called Hype or Hyde but I'm 100% certain that the members name was Borris. Could you please check this out?

You sure about that? If that's true than they should be burned at the stake! WITCHES!!!

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I'll be executing you later today :p

Actually, we should swap it up and see how you and me do against jason and whoever else. Or, if we can get like a 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 game going..even better.

Oh and, I posted my thoughts on the Darklite EX-01 Bluetooth Headset

You guys that don't have one yet..it's really worth picking up.
Thats what she said

Sounds like a good mic, like the price too.

greenjerk said:
i'll be back online tonight. I'm gonna marathon MGO unless nookie is available. then I'll be on afterwards.
Awesome plan, glad to hear it.

BlockBastard said:
Well, there goes playing MGO for 2 weeks straight. My ISP decided to turn to shit and now I'm downloading at 100kbps MAX and I keep getting disconnected from the PSN.

That really sucks, hopefully you can get it resolved. MGO is good times

bdizzle said:
Hey guys is the FoxUnit still accepting clan members? I sent in a request but i havent been accepted yet :(

FoxUnit is full, sorry I should have changed the OP earlier, bit I was retarded. You can still apply to FrogUnit though

Madsucktion said:
Yeah, I screwed around on MGO a little last night, and prompty got my face rocked over and over. I'd love to join up with you guys, but right now i'm more of a moving target then an actual dominant force. Any chance I can get a spot? or should a new "NeoGAF:FluffyBunnyUnit" be created?
Of course, apply to FrogUnit. If you are having troubles/new you might not want to hang in the NeoGAF servers quite just yet. It's deadly brutal in there. Get the basics down and some time practicing aiming in the beginner servers or even just a low level average server in Otacon or something.
Rolling level 2's is how I relax now

Ephemeris

BlockBastard said:

Damn. -_- Try resetting your modem or something :/

bdizzle said:

:lol

Resend your request. Just booted a couple people that had under 5mins of total playtime.

ChryZ

Ilparazzo said:
Welcome to the ranks of the bee unit, even though you're not an official member until seiken comes back...
Cheers. I'm patient, so no worries.

Played some more today. Lv3 in 5 hours of play time. I'm really enjoying this game.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:

You sure about that? If that's true than they should be burned at the stake! WITCHES!!!

i've been sniped through one of those concrete bulkheads on B.B. Total bollocks.

Nozdeuce

Facism said:
i've been sniped through one of those concrete bulkheads on B.B. Total bollocks.
Depending on where you are standing/crouching your head still sticks up over, like just the very very top.

Edit: was playing on an SMGs only server, wow, eve at level1 SMG the P90 on single shot is retardedly accurate. Just aim for the head region and never stop single tapping. Soooo good.

Ephemeris said:
Damn. -_- Try resetting your modem or something :/

:lol

Resend your request. Just booted a couple people that had under 5mins of total playtime.

cool thanks, is there a way to send a request through the mgo community page? i'm at work right now? I sucked something terrible during the beta, but running through MGS 4 must have made me a whole lot better. I'm loving it right now. I played with someone yesterday who had a mic and actually talked on it :O, made the game a millions times better.

Nozdeuce

bdizzle said:
cool thanks, is there a way to send a request through the mgo community page? i'm at work right now? I sucked something terrible during the beta, but running through MGS 4 must have made me a whole lot better. I'm loving it right now. I played with someone yesterday who had a mic and actually talked on it :O, made the game a millions times better.
You can only apply via the MGO client :(

I love how here in PS3 land we love it when people have mics. while over in Xbox land we demand better/faster mute options. Cash barrier to entry ftw I guess?

Nozdeuce said:
You can only apply via the MGO client :(

I love how here in PS3 land we love it when people have mics. while over in Xbox land we demand better/faster mute options. Cash barrier to entry ftw I guess?

lol tell me about. the 1st thing do (b4 realizing you can turn chat off) was either mute everyone or plug in my headset and turn the volume all the way down. I havent played on psn nearly as much as i did on xbl, but so far i haven't had a bad exp yet

1stStrike

Banned
I'm pretty sure every xbox comes with a mic, while no PS3's do. That hurts things. btw i'm eating my steak and egg breakfast burrito and then i'll be online for a little bit.

Nozdeuce

bdizzle said:
lol tell me about. the 1st thing do (b4 realizing you can turn chat off) was either mute everyone or plug in my headset and turn the volume all the way down. I havent played on psn nearly as much as i did on xbl, but so far i haven't had a bad exp yet
Having quit cod4 360 and just doing MGO, I kinda miss the singing. And the occasional "vroom vrrroooooooom beep beep I'm a car" people.

ONTOPIC: I have fewer time played but have more headshots than Ephemeris has total kills.
Someone needs to sneak less :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I played a bit yesterday and the day before, and I have a mic. Didn't hear anybody. I also assume you have to hit the select button to turn on voice chat, and then it's just on non stop?

Also, the active people in the 3 clans really should just be in one clan, until there are enough active players to fill 3 clans.

Nozdeuce

Lonestar said:
I played a bit yesterday and the day before, and I have a mic. Didn't hear anybody. I also assume you have to hit the select button to turn on voice chat, and then it's just on non stop?

Also, the active people in the 3 clans really should just be in one clan, until there are enough active players to fill 3 clans.
I can't say no to that :lol

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Having quit cod4 360 and just doing MGO, I kinda miss the singing. And the occasional "vroom vrrroooooooom beep beep I'm a car" people.

ONTOPIC: I have fewer time played but have more headshots than Ephemeris has total kills.
Someone needs to sneak less :lol
:lol :lol No fair. Besides, you should learn to Sneak Moar. :p As Snake I only use the M4 to escape.

I swear. There should be bonus points in Sneaking Missions for "No Alerts" ;|

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
Depending on where you are standing/crouching your head still sticks up over, like just the very very top.

Edit: was playing on an SMGs only server, wow, eve at level1 SMG the P90 on single shot is retardedly accurate. Just aim for the head region and never stop single tapping. Soooo good.

hmm. good to know. i keep forgetting about firing modes. Even when i'm using the m14 i now find myself just tapping (unless i got a crowd in front of me). does the 14 allow for single or burst fire other than full auto?

alba

Little is the new Big
Ilparazzo said:
I especially liked the part where Alba wasted a whole magazine of his rifle, pistol and even some grenades while I was rolling on the ground and then ended up dead, it made me feel awesome :p

SERIOUSLY... :D

I can't believe it, keep rolling on the ground and I was on you the whole time pistol, nades, everything daamn made me scream out loud :lol

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
:lol :lol No fair. Besides, you should learn to Sneak Moar. :p As Snake I only use the M4 to escape.

I swear. There should be bonus points in Sneaking Missions for "No Alerts" ;|
I wish there was an assistant to the clan leader title for special cases where someone founds then passes leadership off :lol

You are really good at sneaking though, I doubt no matter how long I play I'll ever get any good at sneaking around.

greenjerk said:
hmm. good to know. i keep forgetting about firing modes. Even when i'm using the m14 i now find myself just tapping (unless i got a crowd in front of me). does the 14 allow for single or burst fire other than full auto?
Usually if you think you're behind cover, unless it towers over you the tip of your head sticks up above. M14 is full auto and single shot.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
I wish there was an assistant to the clan leader title for special cases where someone founds then passes leadership off :lol

You are really good at sneaking though, I doubt no matter how long I play I'll ever get any good at sneaking around..

Ranked 58,912nd in deathmatch
Ranked 29th In Sneaking Missions. o_O

I could show you some of my techniques later if you want. It's gonna make life hard for me when you're playing as Snake though >_>

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:

I could show you some of my techniques later if you want. It's gonna make life hard for me when you're playing as Snake though >_>
Holy fuck, that's truly impressive. I'd be down for some lessons later, though it'd be hard in a 1v1 for me to show you how to brute force forward getting 1 free kill, plus 3 heroic kills before succumbing to the sweet release of death. But I'm sure we could figure something out.

todahawk

Ephemeris said:

holy crap. if you show me your secrets I promise i won't use them if you're in the room :D

Nozdeuce said:
M14 is full auto and single shot.
Very few guns that allow burst shot, that's why I like the M4 so much.

Also, about weeding out the inactives, that's fine, but I still feel it's too early to do that right now.

Nooreo

Hey guys i cant get the ranking system to work in MGO :|, when i try to look at it some error pops up. Have any idea why that happens?

Also about the MGO GAF clans/groups going against each other is a great idea.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
Very few guns that allow burst shot, that's why I like the M4 so much.

Also, about weeding out the inactives, that's fine, but I still feel it's too early to do that right now.
Could we at least get moved back to the big leagues boss? Citing Article 017 of the Obscure NeoGAF Rites and Rituals: Precedence. We know we should probably be stuck in here.

But
The beta thread was allowed to live on and prosper in the glorious light of freedom, instead of this dark cavern of ruin.

Also, most if not all of the Halo3 thread activity for the past few months has been exclusively multiplayer oriented, organizing who's playing and such.

Nooreo

Nozdeuce said:
Could we at least get moved back to the big leagues boss? Citing Article 017 of the Obscure NeoGAF Rites and Rituals: Precedence. We know we should probably be stuck in here.

But
The beta thread was allowed to live on and prosper in the glorious light of freedom, instead of this dark cavern of ruin.

Also, most if not all of the Halo3 thread activity for the past few months has been exclusively multiplayer oriented, organizing who's playing and such.
We should do the same as halo3 thread :D

Ephemeris

Hmmm. PS3 starting to freeze up a bit. This is the second time within an hour. I'm starting to get a little concernicus.

And lol @ my point score

Nozdeuce

Lonestar said:
Is there enough active people in each clan to actually compete against each other?
We could have a never ending round-robin of 3v3's =/

DunpealD

Doc Evils said:

What kind of walls? I'm pretty sure that the weapons also have some kind of penetration power like in MGS4 which means snipers being able to shoot some specific walls isn't that far fetched.

Doc Evils

DunpealD said:
What kind of walls? I'm pretty sure that the weapons also have some kind of penetration power like in MGS4 which means snipers being able to shoot some specific walls isn't that far fetched.

This guy was behind a wall in the middleeastern map, the middle part close to red team and he was shooting people when you could't seem him. When I and other told him we would report him he stopped doing it.

Nozdeuce said:

But

absolutely not, stay within the rules, and I'll take care of the halo 3 thread now

Killthee said:
#4 GAF
e7fq02.jpg

I'm coming for you Nozdeuce! By my calculations it will only take 2 more years!

DunpealD

Doc Evils said:
This guy was behind a wall in the middleeastern map, the middle part close to red team and he was shooting people when you could't seem him. When I and other told him we would report him he stopped doing it.

Ok that sounds fishy maybe we have to take a look at it by ourselves in a closed GAF server.
Btw. the idea of a "Strategic Meeting" session is still alive so people who're interested in it please tell us your schedules so we can match each other.

Killthee said:

I'm coming for you Nozdeuce! By my calculations it will only take 2 more years! My conservative play style is pulling me down!

Also, I cannot make out the Fox unit emblem. For some reason it looks like an orange and grey Saint Bernard.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
absolutely not, stay within the rules, and I'll take care of the halo 3 thread now
Well guess I'll be hiding on PSN forever now :lol

Edit: did everyone bail to somewhere else?

1stStrike

Banned
WasabiKing said:
moving forward, can you guys please pass protect the games. The worst people walk into the open games

Normally we do, but when I started the game the only one around was me and jason..and then all of a sudden all you guys popped on D:

I needed to take a break and my mic is charging, so I left. I'll pass protect games from now on though, even if I'm all on my lonesome for 3 hours :p

Top Bottom