• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

1stStrike

Banned
I know..our coordination still sucks. I'll setup more games with drebin points tomorrow.

We had what..8 or 10 people at one point and only 3 with mics? And the other guys with mics weren't even using em during the game. We really need to work on teamwork.

Oh and noz, stop aim botting =\

Edit: I'm done for the day. Having a grape popsicle before i take a nap and then head to work.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
I know..our coordination still sucks. I'll setup more games with drebin points tomorrow.

We had what..8 or 10 people at one point and only 3 with mics? And the other guys with mics weren't even using em during the game. We really need to work on teamwork.

Oh and noz, stop aim botting =\
Yeah I need to work on getting a mic, I'll poke around and see if I can hunt down yours or Tekno's. As for teamwork, on capture I usually just assume other team will grab so I just make a dash to their scoring zone and try to cut them off. Was nailing Guled and a few others earlier on GG with my SVD as they'd try to get to the scoring zone.

No dice. At least you destroyed me as Snake on MM for two rounds straight. I can't HS what I can't see :(

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Yeah I need to work on getting a mic, I'll poke around and see if I can hunt down yours or Tekno's. As for teamwork, on capture I usually just assume other team will grab so I just make a dash to their scoring zone and try to cut them off. Was nailing Guled and a few others earlier on GG with my SVD as they'd try to get to the scoring zone.

No dice. At least you destroyed me as Snake on MM for two rounds straight. I can't HS what I can't see :(

Yea, that was gratifying. Although, after that, every time I knocked someone out, suddenly 4 people would all just walk up to me and be like, "Oh, snake" and proceed to rape me =\

I got a few good kills on you, but you got a lot more on me..against a full team of the more skilled gaffers, I don't stand a chance in any map where I have to run around (partly because all I use is a sniper rifle while you guys all have assault rifles)

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I got a few good kills on you, but you got a lot more on me..against a full team of the more skilled gaffers, I don't stand a chance in any map where I have to run around (partly because all I use is a sniper rifle while you guys all have assault rifles)
You should try standing your ground sometimes, you'd be surprised what you can do with the svd while not zoomed :D

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
You should try standing your ground sometimes, you'd be surprised what you can do with the svd while not zoomed :D

The problem is the accuracy. If I sit still against you guys, I'm headshotted before I can do anything. As soon as I start moving, the accuracy is complete and total shit.

The SVD is o-k but it's really not my sniper rifle of choice. I really hate being limited to it.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
The problem is the accuracy. If I sit still against you guys, I'm headshotted before I can do anything. As soon as I start moving, the accuracy is complete and total shit.

The SVD is o-k but it's really not my sniper rifle of choice. I really hate being limited to it.
Just run around until you can sit still, even just for a second. On servers with DP on I routinely snipe snipers on MM, first by forcing them back around a corner, then I sit still and snipe them with an M4 with a scope.

Cover fire ftw.

Edit: just try to keep your target off-balance, making yourself comfortable. Push and harass people when you can shooting near them to move them while you setup.

Edit: or do it my way with a sense of miss-placed confidence and brute force it, each and every time.

Ilparazzo

alba said:
I MUST... have this number one spot! :D

Good luck with that, I finally mastered the handgun skill (started today :p) now for the shotgun one and than it's smooth sailing with my m4/m14 combo. Thank god, I ended up being downgraded from level 6 to level 4 because of that...

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Just run around until you can sit still, even just for a second. On servers with DP on I routinely snipe snipers on MM, first by forcing them back around a corner, then I sit still and snipe them with an M4 with a scope.

Cover fire ftw.

Edit: just try to keep your target off-balance, making yourself comfortable. Push and harass people when you can shooting near them to move them while you setup.

I'm most comftorable when I'm not in sight :p

I'm the type of player that could sit in one spot for 20 minutes waiting for a single person to peek his head around the corner so I can squeeze off that shot. When I'm put under pressure, it's hard for me to get a kill. So, that's my down fall..I'm sure you've noticed. You'll get up close to me and I'll be shooting at you, but rarely do I hit/kill you.

Maggot9

Banned
Ephemeris said:
Had some great (even epic!) games with you guys today. Those Capture sessions are bad for my heart :p Oh and : "Snake Eateeer":lol

I assume it's because the skill takes up two slots, and you didn't have space for it. If you're currently using 4 skills you have to remove one to make room for Assault level 2.
awesome thanks..i had no idea what "cost" meant

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
dammit, who changed the password on the neogaf game? Someone needs to get dropped from the clan altogether

Teknoman

Is it just me or in some games is there voice chat lag? I know my headset works fine, but sometimes the on screen indicator doesnt show the icon that its picking up my voice. Though it only happens in games where people might "teleport" once or twice, or someone will complain about lag.

Happened in the last game I played in today actually (that Big Bosses only room).

Teknoman said:
Is it just me or in some games is there voice chat lag? I know my headset works fine, but sometimes the on screen indicator doesnt show the icon that its picking up my voice. Though it only happens in games where people might "teleport" once or twice, or someone will complain about lag.
voice chat lag is natural, but nothing that severe.

You know, when you guys host a game, announce it here, since there are so many different servers. Super helpful.

Teknoman

WasabiKing said:
voice chat lag is natural, but nothing that severe.

You know, when you guys host a game, announce it here, since there are so many different servers. Super helpful.

Hmm well I know im talking more than loud enough for the mic to pick me up (does it just fine in the training server, past GAF games, and the accessory test at the PS3 menu).

Maybe I just need to have someone with a headset on my side for once to see.

todahawk

Lonestar said:
dammit, who changed the password on the neogaf game? Someone needs to get dropped from the clan altogether

i tried the normal password a few seconds ago. upper and lower case. no worky and don't see it posted :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
nice how Wasabi, who was just in there, casually doesn't notice my post :/

FLO IS DONE...or should be.

Or is this a new Konami error? Password no worky.

todahawk

Lonestar said:

anyone else on? I see you on Lonestar, wanna meet?

Teknoman

Lonestar said:
nah, after typing in believe about 20 times, I'm not feeling it tonight.

Try gaff? Someone made that the password once.

EDIT: Next time I play, if there's no one with a mic on my team, i'll just ask em to respond via text or voice message if they can hear me.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Try gaff? Someone made that the password once.

EDIT: Next time I play, if there's no one with a mic on my team, i'll just ask em to respond via text or voice message if they can hear me.
I wouldn't bother, I'm micless and the only person I've ever heard is Wasabi, and I've heard him a whopping total of 3 times. Not 3 games or rounds mind you, just upon 3 occasions in which hes spoken I've heard.

Edit: I guess I have heard you faintly, but it wasn't worth paying attention to since it was unidentifiable noise

Flo_Evans

Lonestar said:

Sorry it was supposed to be believe... I might have fucked it up though. :lol

Teknoman

Nozdeuce said:
I wouldn't bother, I'm micless and the only person I've ever heard is Wasabi, and I've heard him a whopping total of 3 times. Not 3 games or rounds mind you, just upon 3 occasions in which hes spoken I've heard.

Edit: I guess I have heard you faintly, but it wasn't worth paying attention to since it was unidentifiable noise

Hopefully thats just because it was coming out of your speakers and you have voice comm output at default levels :lol

Teknoman

WasabiKing said:
Weekend scrim this week? like a fox unit vs. neogaf w/ frog unit evenly distributed? Saturday? Time?

Let's do it...

Count me in.

:lol Someone needs to capture this. I've still got that GAF vs Kojipro video.

WasabiKing said:
Weekend scrim this week? like a fox unit vs. neogaf w/ frog unit evenly distributed? Saturday? Time?

Let's do it...

Totally down for this.

FoxUnit ASSEMBLE

edit: btw, what're the rankings for the foxunit gaf clan? I wanna see where I stand with my 6000 points

so obviously it's going to be a 8 vs 8

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

Leaders pick, although Frog doesn't have that many actives right now. Volunteer ahead...

As for time, what do you think? Saturday? 10AM PST? Yes?

WasabiKing said:

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

Leaders pick, although Frog doesn't have that many actives right now. Volunteer ahead...

8vs8 is terrible in MGO. The framerate takes a major hit whenever an intense battle takes place. I think we should stick to small skirmishes, but then again, we DO want as many people that wanna play, play.

It should be fun.

BlockBastard said:
8vs8 is terrible in MGO. The framerate takes a major hit whenever an intense battle takes place. I think we should stick to small skirmishes, but then again, we DO want as many people that wanna play, play.

It should be fun.
gotta pick the right maps and formats. it's not like everyone meets in the middle of the stage and battles away, I think it's ok.

Darkpen

Banned
*sigh*

I need to try playing this again.

I enjoyed it during MGO to a degree (the lag still sucked), but quite honestly, the best game I played was with the perfect connection to the Kojipro game.

I just really hate that stupid fucking double death glitch that eats up my DP.

Teknoman

Darkpen said:
*sigh*

I enjoyed it during MGO to a degree (the lag still sucked), but quite honestly, the best game I played was with the perfect connection to the Kojipro game.

Whoever hosted most of the earliest retail MGO GAF games need to host again. They had great connections.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

Was going so well till you said AM again :(

Darkpen said:
*sigh*

Yes, you do need to get playing more

Teknoman said:
Whoever hosted most of the earliest retail MGO GAF games need to host again. They had great connections.
Dork did a lot of the initial hosting, he's reachable, but playing other stuff for now

Darkpen said:
*sigh*

Are you talking about when two players kill each other at at the same time, or the one where you get killed, respawn and immediately die right away? Because if it's the latter, I don't that shit counts towards your--

Never mind, I somehow read DP as K/D. I think I have dyslexia oh my god what the fuck ;(

Teknoman

I've never had a framerate slow down in a full game. The entire population of the game is hardly ever in the same place at the same time anyway. Most people move in groups of 1-4.

Nooreo

Teknoman said:
I've never had a framerate slow down in a full game. The entire population of the game is hardly ever in the same place at the same time anyway.
I too never had a framerate problem

Nozdeuce

Wow, wandering around in a box did great things to my score. Went from level 5 to level 3 today.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
WasabiKing said:

6 from Fox
6 from NeoGAF
4 from Frog

Count me in. Lets try to get multiple servers hosting games in an empty lobby like Crying Wolf.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Flek said:
hmm iam still waiting to get acepted for the bee unit :/
The clan leader(Seiken) is having disc problems, he'll add you (and the others) as soon as he can. Until then, you can use the clan search option to play with Bee unit members (search for gaf -> select bee unit -> check roster).

SRG01

Nozdeuce said:
Wow, wandering around in a box did great things to my score. Went from level 5 to level 3 today.

Did BB Deathmatch with some guys from here earlier this evening. We were getting smacked around (partially because I suck :lol) but one time, I snuck around a cardboard box. I managed to get behind two guys and took them out with headshots before they knew what was going on. :lol

Seriously, cardboard boxes are fantastic.

Top Bottom