• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
Normally we do, but when I started the game the only one around was me and jason..and then all of a sudden all you guys popped on D:

I needed to take a break and my mic is charging, so I left. I'll pass protect games from now on though, even if I'm all on my lonesome for 3 hours :p
So we have you to blame for DM huh? :(

Sure, mic is charging, I dig
i can smell the fear

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
So we have you to blame for DM huh? :(

Sure, mic is charging, I dig
i can smell the fear

Psh, you were on my team in that last map and got me killed twice! :p

I was waiting for this guy to come to me and you run right in front of me all guns blazing so I can't get off a shot and then he kills you and me both.

Also, I swear to god, nobody got any kills that weren't headshots. I've never seen so many headshots in a game before.

And..the SVD at close range is gay. I'll have the reticule right over the persons body firing shots, but because I'm moving around the bullets apparently fly in a 90 degree angle, cause none of em actually hit.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Psh, you were on my team in that last map and got me killed twice! :p

I was waiting for this guy to come to me and you run right in front of me all guns blazing so I can't get off a shot and then he kills you and me both.

Also, I swear to god, nobody got any kills that weren't headshots. I've never seen so many headshots in a game before.

And..the SVD at close range is gay. I'll have the reticule right over the persons body firing shots, but because I'm moving around the bullets apparently fly in a 90 degree angle, cause none of em actually hit.
Sounds about right. I normally delay my rushing straight in a bit more but I've been trying out the P90 on single shot. It's a total headshot machine. Also lots of headshots is seemingly par for the course, I have more headshot kills than any other total, and conversely more headshot deaths than any other total.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Sounds about right. I normally delay my rushing straight in a bit more but I've been trying out the P90 on single shot. It's a total headshot machine. Also lots of headshots is seemingly par for the course, I have more headshot kills than any other total, and conversely more headshot deaths than any other total.

And you also like falling off of roofs too o_O

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
And you also like falling off of roofs too o_O
okay one of those was on purpose, then during post match griefing they were all on purpose, then the rest were bad ideas.

Kazenone

Indeed said:
where are all the eurogaffers?

ive never seen more than 4 or 5 online at the same time.

I'm busy finishing up College at the moment, but after next week it'll be MGO as much as possible.

Though, taking a break from assignments right now - any BeeUnit's interested?

Indeed

Kazenone said:
I'm busy finishing up College at the moment, but after next week it'll be MGO as much as possible.

Though, taking a break from assignments right now - any BeeUnit's interested?

Sure.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
where are all the eurogaffers?

ive never seen more than 4 or 5 online at the same time.

True, I've even had to start on the handgun skill just to keep me busy :p

Also, if you're trying to play like you're on a team never play with portuguese people, they suck at that always going around with their m4 shooting at nothing and at their own team... (I'm portuguese btw but I try to be different)

And I hate when I have all the trouble to hold a guy and some ass comes and kills him I mean WTH? Can't you get you're own kills?

Edit: I made it! I'm Number 1!
ScreenShot001.jpg

Whoohoo!

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
True, I've even had to start on the handgun skill just to keep me busy :p

Also, if you're trying to play like you're on a team never play with portuguese people, they suck at that always going around with their m4 shooting at nothing and at their own team... (I'm portuguese btw but I try to be different)

And I hate when I have all the trouble to hold a guy and some ass comes and kills him I mean WTH? Can't you get you're own kills?

What? Just half an hour ago i was demolished by some portuguese guy. I just took headshot after headshot from him. I only played with shield and knife so maybe i was easy prey but still. I think he used the m4.

edit: ah you are luca. okay :D

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
What? Just half an hour ago i was demolished by some portuguese guy. I just took headshot after headshot from him. I only played with shield and knife so maybe i was easy prey but still. I think he used the m4.

I'm not saying everyone's like that, just most of us. We call it the american hero syndrome (sadly, this is actually true).

Indeed

Kazenone said:
What game are you in Indeed?

In none currently. Got disconnected from PSN and know i cant login back because of some UPnP error. If you open a game ill join as soon as i get back online.

Kazenone

Indeed said:
In none currently. Got disconnected from PSN and know i cant login back because of some UPnP error. If you open a game ill join as soon as i get back online.

There's a server called NeoGAF on Rosemary. password is normal

LAMBO said:
Do you get more skill slots as your level increases?
Nope, all players are stuck with four slots.

Edit: Some skills (Hawkeye, Quarterback, Trickster, Monomania, Sixth Sense, Narc and Scanner) are non-expansive. They occupy a single slot regardless of their level.

Sallokin

Awesome games earlier with Noz, Guled, Jason, Phoenix and co. Some pretty tense Kerotan capture games if I do say so myself. Though I could have done without Guled getting to be snake three times in one match lol.

Nozdeuce

Sallokin said:
Awesome games earlier with Noz, Guled, Jason, Phoenix and co. Some pretty tense Kerotan capture games if I do say so myself. Though I could have done without Guled getting to be snake three times in one match lol.
Everyone kept treading all over my BoxMan :(

Indeed

Kazenone said:
Btw, I meant the password was our usual password - not normal! Sorry ;)

Indeed @ server might be called Kazenone.

5ed ya :D

typing without a keyboard is soo slow. just reopen the game without a password. then luca you and me join the same team and you can just kick any non teamplayers.

Maggot9

Banned
I got Level 2 Assault unlocked, but when I tried to select it it said something about Cost and went back to number one? whats going on?

Ephemeris

Had some great (even epic!) games with you guys today. Those Capture sessions are bad for my heart :p Oh and : "Snake Eateeer":lol

Maggot9 said:
I got Level 2 Assault unlocked, but when I tried to select it it said something about Cost and went back to number one? whats going on?

I assume it's because the skill takes up two slots, and you didn't have space for it. If you're currently using 4 skills you have to remove one to make room for Assault level 2.

Where was everyone last night, I play really late like 1am time. I found Mickey in a random game. Our blue team decimated the red team in TD in UU, it was just sad. We had three of us at 35 kills and 15 deaths each.

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
Where was everyone last night, I play really late like 1am time. I found Mickey in a random game. Our blue team decimated the red team in TD in UU, it was just sad. We had three of us at 35 kills and 15 deaths each.

Massacre!

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
I should be on later tonight, I've passing out really early the last few nights.

Edit: OH SHIT MGO just sent me to XBM. What do I do?

Edit: I seem to be okay, still panicking though

Guled

Sallokin said:
They were awesome. I enjoyed being snake at first, but 3 is to much. At least i won one (I'm not as good as you). Anyway, how many clans do we have, 3 or 4 right, no wonder we are not at top (we fell to fourth place), our talent is divided

Ephemeris

Guled said:
Anyway, how many clans do we have, 3 or 4 right, no wonder we are not at top (we fell to fourth place), our talent is divided

Three in our region; and I think you make a really good point there.

Oh btw, there was this one point where you and I (jason) found and killed each other with headshots like two or three times in a row :lol

Teknoman

Wow those evasive aiming action moves (especially X+back while aiming) arent so useless after all.

Those were some crazy cap matches. Also I think I need to level up more skills than just sticking with a few...Oh and are SMG's better in close quarters?

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Wow those evasive aiming action moves (especially X+back while aiming) arent so useless after all.

Those were some crazy cap matches. Also I think I need to level up more skills than just sticking with a few...Oh and are SMG's better in close quarters?
Yes/No they do less damage, but then the P90 on single fire means you can take a year's worth of ammo to score a headshot, I really like it

Guled

ok I'm really pissed, my bro was trying to buy a character slot (so he could play) for the past couple of days and it keeps on saying it didn't work. Today I found out that the card was billed 4 times (30 something dollars) and he still doesn't have the character slot. Is there anything I could do?

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
ok I'm really pissed, my bro was trying to buy a character slot (so he could play) for the past couple of days and it keeps on saying it didn't work. Today I found out that the card was billed 4 times (30 something dollars) and he still doesn't have the character slot. Is there anything I could do?
You might try poking around the site you use to register a konami ID, during the beta they were at least answering emails. If nothing else they might be able to respond/help a bit.

ilanna said:
Alright I applied for NeoGaf:Beeline.

Name is FoxAphrodite

:D
Foxy

Guled said:
The hell... oO Can't you just create another account and use the 1 free slot on that one?

Also, 7 dollars for a char slot? WTF KONAMI?!?!?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Guled said:
Try calling the card company and explaining what happened. As for the slot, is he logging in with the game id that is tied to the konami id that bought the slot?

Metalmurphy said:
The hell... oO Can't you just create another account and use the 1 free slot on that one?

Also, 7 dollars for a char slot? WTF KONAMI?!?!?
It's 1 free slot per PS3, not per account.

Does anybody know for sure how many characters you get with the extra slot purchase? I've heard both 1 and 3 for $7 from the community site.

Nozdeuce

Anyone have any idea why I keep losing my connection to PSN? I also lose my connection to MSN on my laptop at the same time, but never the actual internet connection. I do get some PSN error warning in the top right but I'm assuming it's just "you ain't connected boi"

It's only started today. Is my router melting/dying or is my PSN jacked somehow?

Ephemeris

Killthee said:
Try calling the card company and explaining what happened. As for the slot, is he logging in with the game id that is tied to the konami id that bought the slot?

It's 1 free slot per PS3, not per account.

Does anybody know for sure how many characters you get with the extra slot purchase? I've heard both 1 and 3 for $7 from the community site.

I've heard 1. I have an issue with paying $7 for three, but $7 for one? I hope I'm wrong. :/

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Alright I am ready to get in on this. Gonna be picking up a mic tomorrow too. :lol

Nozdeuce

No_Style said:
Any games up now?
1stStrike is hosting a game on Mei Ling, I just disconnected again so its breaktime.

Edit: Wasabi plays a really really sneaky Snake, had so many of us pinned down at once. Really impressive
but painful.

Top Bottom