• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Farnack said:
I'm waiting for a game on. Where is it?

And where's the clan logo? Does someone need to make it?
Darkpen made our logo during the beta, if he ever finishes single player and joins us, we'll make him do it.

dork said:
I just flipped over to my ps3, and saw a box sitting there..........:lol :lol

If you wan't me to restart it and make it public let me know

Maybe later. I'm taking a break for now.

I hope more big Neogaf games like the beta start happening. Those were really fun.

Teknoman said:
I had to keep saying "SOP LINK" before each round started because most people, aside from GAF in that game, would just take off. There were a few people who started to "get it" and stuck together in small 2-3 man squads until they could find decent cover.

I know. When people did start to "get it" later on in city under siege on the other team I started to get destroyed. When I don't have my sniper out I usually run around with the knife and I started running into packs of like 3 Gaffers together (I remember Human_Shield and others) and had no chance. I would stun one with the knife and then before I could kill him or run the others just destroyed me. Later on last night though I had a great time during one of that later gamers where some random guy on the team had lv 3 knife, and anytime someone tried to come after me to my sniping spot I would lead them to where he was hiding and then he would pop out and slit there throats while they were looking at me. We got 3 guys in a row doing this.

The teamwork really changes this game and makes it even more unique and impressive to play. My favorite thing is to snipe enemies who are CQCing my teammates, a couple of time I saw some enemy grab a teammate and roll them onto the ground and start to choke them which gave me a perfect shot at his head and then I just go over and wake up the teammate if he’s out. I remember the first game I hoped into with you Tekno I saw you giving a random guy on out team a boost in B.B. and I was so happy because this was the first time I ever saw anyone do this.

Teknoman

JakOfTheShadows said:
I know. When people did start to "get it" later on in city under siege on the other team I started to get destroyed. When I don't have my sniper out I usually run around with the knife and I started running into packs of like 3 Gaffers together (I remember Human_Shield and others) and had no chance. I would stun one with the knife and then before I could kill him or run the others just destroyed me. Later on last night though I had a great time during one of that later gamers where some random guy on the team had lv 3 knife, and anytime someone tried to come after me to my sniping spot I would lead them to where he was hiding and then he would pop out and slit there throats while they were looking at me. We got 3 guys in a row doing this.

The teamwork really changes this game and makes it even more unique and impressive to play. My favorite thing is to snipe enemies who are CQCing my teammates, a couple of time I saw some enemy grab a teammate and roll them onto the ground and start to choke them which gave me a perfect shot at his head and then I just go over and wake up the teammate if he’s out. I remember the first game I hoped into with you Tekno I saw you giving a random guy on out team a boost in B.B. and I was so happy because this was the first time I ever saw anyone do this.

Yeah I learned how to do that on the fly when we went up against Kojipro staff during the beta. Now that the retail version is here and i've experienced other action button functions in single player, im approaching MGO in a totally different way. Finally see how the cover system can work to your advantage...no one used it in the beta :lol

Also I think Konami is going to start arranging Clan vs Clan matches. Seemed that way after reading the description menu in the clan sections.

Linkzg said:
Go on about more context senstive stuff. What do you mean by boost?

You can give another player a "boost" to help them reach areas that are about 2x as high as things you can climb on by yourself. Some of the higher areas have some of the map items on them (like NVG). The best reason to do it is to flank enemies without them seeing you. Like in city under siege for example to get to one on the man cannons you have to go around to the side of the building where there are boxes to climb, but this puts you in sight of the enemy spawn. However if you have a buddy to boost you can get to man cannon from the other side of the building it's on which keeps you out of sight from the enemy's spawn.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
Go on about more context senstive stuff. What do you mean by boost?

Yeah you can crouch by most reachable objects then if given the context, press and hold triangle. Someone can run up to you and you give them a boost up onto that platform.

Unfortunatly dont think you can turn around and pull them up too though.

JakOfTheShadows said:
You can give another player a "boost" to help them reach areas that are about 2x as high as things you can climb on by yourself. Some of the higher areas have some of the map items on them (like NVG). The best reason to do it is to flak enemies without them seeing you. Like in city under siege for example to get to one on the man cannons you have to go around to the side of the building where there are boxes to climb, but this puts you in sight of the enemies base. However if you have a buddy to boost you can get to man cannon from the other side of the building it's on which keeps you out of sight from the enemy's spawn.

That is pretty cool. I never knew that.

I will try it out next time people use teamwork.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Oh snap...This game is good! Had no idea it came for free with the LE edition. It's like finding 20 bucks in your pocket.

Haven't played Metal Gear Online yet. Went to download the patch and it was moving at 3 kb/s. If that's the speed every time I go to download it, I will likely never play MGO:lol

FabCam

ToyMachine228 said:
Haven't played Metal Gear Online yet. Went to download the patch and it was moving at 3 kb/s. If that's the speed every time I go to download it, I will likely never play MGO:lol

Download it from the servers don't use the P2P. It took me literally 1 minute to download and install the patch.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
burgerdog said:
Who do we send a tell to if we want to get into the gaf clan? I was in fox hound clan(i think) during the beta.
At the moment no one, clan is currently full. You'll have to wait for someone else to make a new clan.

Indeed

Okay could someone please explain the shotgun to me?

Is it just me or is this piece of trash simply too weak? 4 Shots, pointblank range in the torso equals one kill? :S Knocking enemies over or stunning them is fun but winning firefights with this thing seems impossible.

Teknoman

Indeed said:

Is it just me or is this piece of trash simply too weak? 4 Shots, pointblank range in the torso equals one kill? :S Knocking enemies over or stunning them is fun but winning firefights with this thing seems impossible.

Aim high. Test the gun you're using in the virtual range to see how much damage is calculated on body parts.

Also as for clans, if the first is full, just gotta wait till NeoGAF Fox unit, Frog unit, Bee unit, Cobras, Vipers, Shark unit, etc. is up.

FabCam

I hated BB in the BETA, but with my new playstyle I love it. With fast move and hand gun equipped, I just run around the map. Then whenever I bump into someone around a corner I CQC throw them to the ground then flick on auto aim and unload a clip of bullets into them. I love it :D

Farnack

Banned
Douchebag hosters kick for no reason. We need GAF servers running with a full group.
Indeed said:

Are you auto-aiming?

dork

Banned
Farnack said:
Douchebag hosters kick for no reason. We need GAF servers running with a full group.

Are you auto-aiming?

Gaf server is up and public, nobody is in though :(. I will join and make it un dedicated after the cubs game.

Whats BB?

Eccocid

How does region lock work? Based on game region or console region?
For example if i have US version of game and playing on PAL PS3 in europe do i get to play with US players or EU players?

dork said:
Gaf server is up and public, nobody is in though :(. I will join and make it un dedicated after the cubs game.

Whats BB?

I'll be back from the office here (had to come in to test some new code that will be rolled out this week on non-business hours :/) in about 2 hours. I'll get on then, but I wont be on near as late as I was lat night since I'll have to go back to work tomorrow morning.

Shouta

Indeed said:
Acutally yeah i had it enabled.

Wanted to check the difference between autoaim and normal aim.
So i guess it decreases damage done?

Nah, auto-aim makes it easier to fight with the Shotgun. It's useless without it, or really difficult. It's typically 2-3 well placed shots using Auto-aim because it centers the gun on the body for maximum effectiveness. It's been my primary weapon and I'm almost to level 2 with it.

FabCam

dork said:
Never seen anyone abbreviate a map :lol . Thanks

Well each map is starts with the same letters. Eg. Groznij Grad (GG), Urban Ultimatum (UU), Blood Bath (BB), Ambush Alley (AA) and Midtown Maelstrom (MM). :D

Darkpen

Banned
sorry for being late to the party, been wanting to put MGO off for a while.

I tried to apply, but it says that the clan is full, with 63/64 people D:

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Every time I try to select Metal Gear Online from the main menu in MGS4, the screen goes black and it just kicks me back out to the XMB. Has this happened to anyone else?

Darkpen

Banned
so yeah...

is anyone else besides me experiencing that incredibly annoying death glitch where you die again when you're at the weapon select screen, even though no one can technically kill you? >_<

Facism

No word on Euro gaf clan yet? Really want to get into a game where people sue their headsets :/

The game's gone really awful laggy over the last half-hour. I guess people have completed the sp and are jumping on to get shanked.

dork

Banned
Posting from laptop. I'm taking cover.

70mph wind. I think a tree just blew away....

Figures...me and Teknoman waited 20 minutes for people and it was sunny outside..people join and a tornado pops up.

Before my power goes out and kills my ps3/tv/pc anyone know how to disable that stupid popup that happens ingame when someone does an objective? God that was annoying, they could have made it smaller...they have this huge black bar that takes up half the screen.

Soon as this passes I will put the server backup,

Teknoman

dork said:
Posting from laptop. I'm taking cover.

70mph wind. I think a tree just blew away....

Figures...me and Teknoman waited 20 minutes for people and it was sunny outside..people join and a tornado pops up.

Before my power goes out and kills my ps3/tv/pc anyone know how to disable that stupid popup that happens ingame when someone does an objective? God that was annoying, they could have made it smaller...they have this huge black bar that takes up half the screen.

Soon as this passes I will put the server backup,

As soon as this passes? A tree just blew away! o_O

Seriously though, its looking pretty grey outside, and we're supposed to be heading out to the store as well. I'll be posting some of our shots though.

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
As soon as this passes? A tree just blew away! o_O

Seriously though, its looking pretty grey outside, and we're supposed to be heading out to the store as well. I'll be posting some of our shots though.

Yeah the wind settled down just now. It was brutal. Now its grey with some rain. Everything looks to be in one piece from what I can see. Phew

Let me know when you put those up. Man I want to play, I was just getting the hang of it again

Kagari said:
64 member cap :( Is there more than just 1 GAF clan?

whoever has the ability to make the second clan first can/will

Top Bottom