• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Facism

gg euro boys. Some deft base missions and SNE rounds.

fear the stun nades and play-dead snake so you can't see his farts on G.G ;p

Indeed

Disconnected again :S
going to bed now @ luca and dun.

@ Luca: I think the fight with vulcan raven is similar to the fight with the fury since the enviroment is similar, you can sneak up on him and the are both batshit insane.

roxya

1stStrike said:
Ok, everyone that uses the M4 = has no skill. Seriously. You just spray and aim in the upward direction and it's auto-headshot.

Actually, I like rifles since they're a nice all round weapon. Good close, decent at mid range, even usable at long range. What else can I use without being labelled a noskill?

Facism

use nothing. Just roll about and hope to knock him out.

Complaining about other people's choice of legal weaponry ingame is something you're going to have to deal with.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
roxya said:

Actually, I like rifles since they're a nice all round weapon. Good close, decent at mid range, even usable at long range. What else can I use without being labelled a noskill?
Use a box, bumping into people stuns them for a split second. Good times

roxya

I'd actually like to play more of a CQC game but for me it's not effective. Unless you go as a knifer, but then you'd still get complaints about your weapon choices :/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Down, down, down we go. Where we'll stop, nobody knows.

8xsja1.jpg

I updated the clan notice for the GAF clan so more people will know we have a meet on Saturday ("Clan meet this Saturday - Check MGO thread for info"). Could somebody do the same for the Fox & Frog units clan notice.

Ploid 3.0

roxya said:
I'd actually like to play more of a CQC game but for me it's not effective. Unless you go as a knifer, but then you'd still get complaints about your weapon choices :/

I joined a Knife fight only room, and it had to be 1 on 1 only with rules and no rolling. When I first went in there was a guy complaining that the other person used shock from the knife as a cheap way to win. Then the other guy was explaining that it's a feature of the knife with a downside. The fighting went back and froward.

Seeing that knife fight only room just made me laugh a bit. It felt kinda underground or something.

Guled

Killthee said:
I updated the clan notice for the GAF clan so more people will know we have a meet on Saturday ("Clan meet this Saturday - Check MGO thread for info"). Could somebody do the same for the Fox & Frog units clan notice.
Where is the info posted?

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
Where is the info posted?
In the MGO client, Clan->clan affiliation. It's the big square on the right.

Edit: I'm retarded today...what Killthee said

ok, so 10AM pdt is it?

I am choosing the people now, but I know that *I* represent one of the 4, lol. I'll check for my unit's volunteers in this thread in a bit

Ephemeris

Killthee said:

Did it this morning.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
ok, so 10AM pdt is it?

I am choosing the people now, but I know that *I* represent one of the 4, lol. I'll check for my unit's volunteers in this thread in a bit
I need volunteers too. First 5 NeoGAF clan member's who volunteer after this post are in for my team.

AkuMifune

Banned
That should be 1am Saturday night for me. I'll be around.

I'd like to be #1 on the reserve team though, riding the bench until you need me. I need to make sure I've got the time conversion right and put my girlfriend to bed first. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the past few days all the games ive played have had pretty annoying lag. is this just me? i always have lag free games before, and i ran a speed test off 2wire and its still clocking the same speed. anyone know what could be up?

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:
Yep. From the main menu -> clan -> search clan -> neogaf -> FrogUnit -> apply to clan

I'm first on the bee unit damn it!
I just wanted the rosters so I could incorporate it in my character list just to make nicer.

Anyways, (@ indeed) it's true they are both insane but then again every boss in MGS is somehow insane and I guess you have a point about the rest too now that I think of it...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Killthee said:
Down, down, down we go. Where we'll stop, nobody knows.

8xsja1.jpg

wow, ddc is number 1.

once again, another clan of mgo old timers.

Killthee

1stStrike said:
Did my ranking in the clan move up at all today? I can't see any stats..even individual player/clan stats. I get an error message.
In game clan stats are borked atm, use the community support link in the game or visit the site using a PC.

w0j1w9.jpg

Thanks for the Rat Title Ploid.... X_X;

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Stupid question but I had to ask just to be sure.

We have to remake our Konami IDs from the beta? I can't tell if I am getting my PW wrong or we need to remake them.

kozmo7 said:
Stupid question but I had to ask just to be sure.

We have to remake our Konami IDs from the beta? I can't tell if I am getting my PW wrong or we need to remake them.
You an use your beta ID. I had to reconfirm my e-mail address in order to access the online store though.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh and, if you have problems with moving targets (like I tend to), the crying wolf fight with all the frogs in act 4 is decent practice in single player mode (on big boss or higher difficulty).

I'm still trying to figure out the weirdness of sniper rifles..yesterday when we were playing on MM I had 3 headshots on someone and none of the shots registered, and then they kill me. I was zoomed in to max with the scope and had it right up their head, but I was trying to dodge their shots and was moving.

It seems, with the sniper rifles, as soon as you start moving the accuracy takes a complete and total shit, because even if I'm dead on with my aim, it still tends to miss. Which puts me at a major disadvantage in a lot of situations.

I think they nerfed the accuracy of sniper rifles too much.

Edit: Oh, and I dropped the bomb in the MGS4 thread about our future tournie. I'd like to see how this weekend goes first, and then we can perhaps start making plans. We need a couple things first though.

A. More dedicated actives. We would need at least 8 teams of 3 or 4 to make it competitive and worth doing.

B. Possibility of bringing in non-gaff clans

C. Registration. We would need an organized chart/ladder of teams

D. Skill - If possible, I'd like to try and match teams by skill so that it's a fair match and not just a one way fight. It would be more fun for both teams that way.

E. Game modes/points. Team deathmatch? Base? Capture? Or a variety of modes? What modes would you guys like to see?

F. Prizes. I'm really all for rewarding people for winning. I'm willing to fork out up to $100 USD in prizes and ship them out. However, I'm just wondering if anyone else would be willing to pony up anything for the greater good as well.

I'm thinking things along the lines of: metal gear art work (wall scrolls, posters, etc.) for the 3rd place players/teams and for 2nd and 3rd place players/teams, some PS3 goodies. Maybe a headset and a couple dualshock 3's going out or something.

Thoughts?

I JUST applied for foxunit, had a great game tonight against iamattfoxx with whoaness on my side. nothing like ending an awesome kills streak with a TK and death.

edit: id like to get in on this tournie thing unless i have an interview that day. find out tomorrow. cant wait to get back into this.

im getting to the point where i belive shots to the chest/everywhere and a kill add the same amount of xp. i wish we had numbers associated with the bars. like 500xp till next level.

edit edit: i could pony up 5 bucks via paypal if you wanna pm me the info.

1stStrike

Banned
Shinz Kicker said:
I JUST applied for foxunit, had a great game tonight against iamattfoxx with whoaness on my side. nothing like ending an awesome kills streak with a TK and death.

edit: id like to get in on this tournie thing unless i have an interview that day. find out tomorrow. cant wait to get back into this.

im getting to the point where i belive shots to the chest/everywhere and a kill add the same amount of xp. i wish we had numbers associated with the bars. like 500xp till next level.

edit edit: i could pony up 5 bucks via paypal if you wanna pm me the info.

Cool, but I don't want to take anyones money unless we get this thing off the ground.

I don't know when the hell you level up. I've got over 20 hours and I'm only rank 3.

Also, how many people do we have now for tomorrows match between neogaf and foxunit? Do we have enough people?

Killthee

1stStrike said:
I don't know when the hell you level up. I've got over 20 hours and I'm only rank 3.
It's based on skill. Start racking up points in rounds/end up in top 3 and you'll lv up. Consistently end up in last place and you'll lv down. Stay in the middle and you'll stay the same lv.

1stStrike

Banned
Killthee said:
It's based on skill. Start racking up points in rounds/end up in top 3 and you'll lv up. Consistently end up in last place and you'll lv down. Stay in the middle and you'll stay the same lv.

I guess I'll be rank 3 forever, since I'm usually in the middle or last due to the rampant amount of random headshots people get on me.

Top Bottom