• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

AkuMifune

Banned
1stStrike said:
I am now the 2nd highest ranked in the clan for most amount of deaths...!

><
Why the hell do you think I made a second character away from the clan for practice purposes? :D I'm really glad I did though, because I've been able to find my sweet spot, I'm doing much better and having less frustration than ever.

Basically I tailor my skills and the way I play based on map & game type, instead of trying to force one style into every match. Also, playing enough to learn basic enemy patterns for each map and having the patience to let them come to me allows me to get the drop on them, rather than vice-versa. I might just have to delete both when female PMC's are introduced though. :lol

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Ok, i'm in japanland now, with a copy of the region locked (damn you konami) game. However, since I am planning on getting the English version soon (the story barely makes sense in english, try it in japanese...), and I was wondering when the normal times are for everyone. I can definitely play on what would be friday and saturday nights over there, and I know that many ppl will be on then, but what about durning the daytime (which is nighttime for me)? Is anyone on? If so, how many ppl. Right now, the only gaffer I am playing with is budokaimr2, and we are very lonely on the japanese servers. Especially now since its summer vacation for many of you, I was wondering if it would be a good idea.

also, I dont think lag will be a big issue because I have a 40mbps connection.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
BlockBastard said:
how do I check my ranking in the clan anyway?
Go to the MGO community site, under player info click on your clan. Then at the top click clan member rankings. From there, tool around

Nozdeuce said:
Go to the MGO community site, under player info click on your clan. Then at the top click clan member rankings. From there, tool around

Heh, site is a total piece of crap. It wont let me log in. :<

1stStrike

Banned
Make sure you're A. using your gamer id not your konami id and B. you're logging into the right region that you signed up on. If you google MGO community site it takes you to the /jp site..but all of us need the /us site. It looks, smells and tastes the same except one is /jp and one is /us

Also, I wonder how much of the story was muddled/lost in the translation from JP to English. I kinda wish I understood japanese.

Nozdeuce

So is the maintenance supposed to be over in like 45 minutes?
Lets play rationalize me staying up even later!

Edit: I'm fucking retarded

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Nozdeuce said:
So is the maintenance supposed to be over in like 45 minutes?
Lets play rationalize me staying up even later!

We going to be getting that update now or most likely later today you think?

Nozdeuce

kozmo7 said:
We going to be getting that update now or most likely later today you think?
I'd assume now. At least I'm hoping it'll be now. I guess we'll see soon :lol

Edit: soo I guess Gaf downtime happens same time MGO is supposed to come back up? :(

JTran2003

Nozdeuce said:
I'd assume now. At least I'm hoping it'll be now. I guess we'll see soon :lol

Edit: soo I guess Gaf downtime happens same time MGO is supposed to come back up? :(

I guess so. Btw, those we're some great matches earlier. though, I was doing pretty terrible. I figured since I'm already awake.. couldn't hurt to stay up longer.

Nozdeuce

Apparently I can't do math or tell time, should be up half an hour from now

SumGamer

Shall we expect the rumour expansion release today after the maintenance?
I'm quite sure buying stuff in Konami store will be painful.

Nozdeuce

SumGamer said:
Shall we expect the rumour expansion release today after the maintenance?
I'm quite sure buying stuff in Konami store will be painful.
Today is just supposed to be Rat title bug fix, headshot mode and team sneak. The premium shit we pay for is in a week or two. We might be getting Instructors today too!

SumGamer

Nozdeuce said:
Today is just supposed to be Rat title bug fix, headshot mode and team sneak. The premium shit we pay for is in a week or two. We might be getting Instructors today too!

Instructor huh, I wonder what's the criteria for being invited to be one and what's there to gain. It would be interesting never the less, hope there is an option to play prank on the student LOL

Nozdeuce

SumGamer said:
Instructor huh, I wonder what's the criteria for being invited to be one and what's there to gain. It would be interesting never the less, hope there is an option to play prank on the student LOL
Not sure what the reqs are, been sounding like certain people will be sent invites to join a server at a given time.

Also, MGO is back up! I'll post updates here

Edit: Rat title is gone, team sneaking is up and AWESOME, one team has the stealth/invis item at a time. No stat tab for headshot mode, but one for team sneaking.

Team Sneaking: One team has the stealth generator at a time. The Stealthy/invis team is restricted to the mk2 pistol and non-lethal support weapons. The opposing visible team has the usual weapons. So far I've only played capture, which is kind of weird with invisible people.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Team Sneaking is up....

"A battle between two teams with different gear.

The sneaking team (stealth-equipped) must eliminate all enemies, or bring KEROTAN or GA-KO to their goal to win. The defending team must defeat all enemies or keep KEROTAN or GA-KO safe to win."

If one person from the sneaking team is discovered, everybody on the sneak team is visible for ~5 seconds.

Nozdeuce

I only played it for like 9 seconds, but I'm pretty indifferent to it. Mostly I await 1stStrike's meltdown.

I'm going to bed.

Killthee

Headshots only is also up. You can enable it in every mode except Team Sneaking. You can either enable HS Only or DP in a stage, not both. You automatically die if you kill somebody via any other method.

SumGamer

Killthee said:
Headshots only is also up. You can enable it in every mode except Team Sneaking. You can either enable HS Only or DP in a stage, not both. You automatically die if you kill somebody via any other method.

How does it work?
Will you still take damage if get hits at the body?
Does anestetic also affect the same way with other guns?
Can you still knock enemies down with thrown and chokehold?

Killthee

SumGamer said:
How does it work?
Will you still take damage if get hits at the body?
Does anestetic also affect the same way with other guns?
Can you still knock enemies down with thrown and chokehold?
Didn't get a chance to actually play it ^_^;

It works like Drebin Points. You have the choice of "Normal Play", "Drebin Points", or "Head Shots Only" when you create your map rotation list. HS Only can be enabled in all the modes except team sneaking.

It sounded like everything was still possible in the description, but penalties (auto death) would be given if you didn't kill via a HS.

Ephemeris

Killthee said:
Didn't get a chance to actually play it ^_^;

It works like Drebin Points. You have the choice of "Normal Play", "Drebin Points", or "Head Shots Only" when you create your map rotation list. HS Only can be enabled in all the modes, except team sneaking.

It sounded like everything was still possible in the description, but penalties (auto death) would be given if you didn't kill via a HS.

Want to make a server and test it out? o_O

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ephemeris said:
Oh shit :lol Anyone playing right now?

Just tried it a bit. Looks fun but people on the Sneaking Team have to fucking stop getting spotted :lol

I'm not sure about this but when I played on the defending team I think I saw opponents weapons floating in the air. So it's not total stealth camo.

It's a no respawn game btw. Which is good.

TTP said:
Just tried it a bit. Looks fun but people on the Sneaking Team have to fucking stop getting spotted :lol

I'm not sure about this but when I played on the defending team I think I saw opponents weapons floating in the air. So it's not total stealth camo.

It's a no respawn game btw. Which is good.

linger in the shadows with just a knife equipped and you'll be just fine as they're pretty hard to spot.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BlockBastard said:
linger in the shadows with just a knife equipped and you'll be just fine as they're pretty hard to spot.

I know. But can you confirm weapons show up in stealth mode? I'm just wondering if I was seeing things :lol

TTP said:
I know. But can you confirm weapons show up in stealth mode? I'm just wondering if I was seeing things :lol

They do. Tested it out with a buddy before we went into a public game. You can always see a knife and whatever it is they've got equipped.

OatmealMu

Okay, I want to see how team sneak plays out...

animatedkero_status.gif

Server: NeoGAF:FrogUnit | Room: ROSEMARY | Region: US

Kazenone

Team Sneak is awesome

Some observations when you're stealthed;

Guns and Knives are visible when equipped
You shadow is very obvious
Chaff grenades are your best friend

I'd recommend de-equipping anything you don't need to save you accidentally equipping something that'll make you visible

Kazenone said:
Team Sneak is awesome

Some observations when you're stealthed;

Guns and Knives are visible when equipped
You shadow is very obvious
Chaff grenades are your best friend

I'd recommend de-equipping anything you don't need to save you accidentally equipping something that'll make you visible

Your knife is always visible so you migh as well equip that.

OatmealMu

So the stealth camo wasn't exactly like Snake's in SNE. It looks more like the singleplayer version. Except in multiplayer, other players can see the distorted silhouette unlike the braindead AI.

Indeed

Playing teamsneaking with teammates who dont know what the hell to do is deadly.

Im in a match against kazenone right now and my team is getting smashed.

Also im seeing quite a few Hounds, Dobermans and Foxhounds around. Did these emblems just get unlocked?

Ephemeris

Indeed said:
Also im seeing quite a few Hounds, Dobermans and Foxhounds around. Did these emblems just get unlocked?
News to me. Pretty awesome

Found a guy who has a bunch!

FOX HOUND A living legend
FOX The best of the best
DOBERMAN A top-class soldier
HOUND A superior soldier
EAGLE Headshot master

OatmealMu

Okay, so I just got this message from 'Ghostaka'.

CHEATER

I know what you were doing. Silly CHRISTIAN B!TCH

Man, I wasn't even playing on the server. I was hosting it. Aaaaand he blocked me. Class act, that one.

Ephemeris

OatmealMu said:

Man, I wasn't even playing on the server. I was hosting it.

He sent me the same thing! I guess the beating I was giving him in Sneaking Missions was just... unnatural. :lol

Indeed

OatmealMu said:

Man, I wasn't even playing on the server. I was hosting it. Aaaaand he blocked me. Class act, that one.

YOU CHRISTIAN!!!!!

OatmealMu

Ephemeris said:
He sent me the same thing! I guess the beating I was giving him in Sneaking Missions was just... unnatural. :lol

Maybe he thought we were in on it together.

EDIT: Anyway, server's offline. I need to go do CHRISTIAN stuff.

Ilparazzo

God, I wish I could try team sneaking, but in the next 2-3 days I probably won't be around...
Kick their asses for me!

EDIT: Was checking out the N:1 clan in the ranking for titles and found this one:
FLYING SQUIRREL - High number of rolls ( he had this many rolls : 11635 Times )

OatmealMu

Got into a team sneaking game but never bothered to actually sneak. Poor blue team is always undermanned. Got our asses to us handed on Ambush Alley but things finally clicked on Bloodbath. Probably the most tense game mode I've played, especially on Bloodbath. So many places to hide on that map.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I only played it for like 9 seconds, but I'm pretty indifferent to it. Mostly I await 1stStrike's meltdown.

I'm going to bed.

zomg!! I was sleeping. I must try this out. MY PRECCIOUSSSSSS

I'll be trying this tonight I think, unless I get distracted by the DOD:Source free weekend.

WaspUnit is the current EU clan right? Do you need to have played for a while first or is it just ok to join?

Team Sneaking sounds cool, I wonder how crap I'll be ;) I don't have a headset btw, my psn tag is: starlitgundan

Kazenone

BlockBastard said:
Oh God, Team Sneaking is NOT a game you want to play with random people. Without coordination, the sneaking team loses FAST.

Very true. A couple games I just waited for the everyone else on my team to die so I could do it properly - maybe I should go back to playing Sneak :lol

Top Bottom