• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

I miss Brown Town, and Graniny Gorky Lab, and Pillbox Purgatory, and Mountain Top. I don't like these new maps as much... but maybe that's nostalgia talking, and frustration because I suck so horribly and don't know the maps yet.

Ok, so I'm at the
vamp
battle in the main game with no rations or noodles, so while I chill out from trying to kill him
more than once
I decided to try the online game...

I can't download the update. Every time I try (peer to peer or http) it just kicks me off the network. And the network connection on my PS3 just stops functioning completely until I turn it off then back on again... bit of a weird problem if I do say so. Anyone else in here had this trouble? Save me skimming a thread?

dork

Banned
Darkpen said:
uuurgh

guess I'll make the second clan if and when I get the time clocked in to be able to do so

If you are the guy who made the logo, I think he saved you a spot

Edit-

NeoGaf (us) Room is going back up in about 5 minutes, restarting ps3

todahawk

Darkpen said:
so yeah...

is anyone else besides me experiencing that incredibly annoying death glitch where you die again when you're at the weapon select screen, even though no one can technically kill you? >_<

yup. hasn't happened today but it did that quite a bit last night.

Darkpen

Banned
dork said:
If you are the guy who made the logo, I think he saved you a spot

Edit-

NeoGaf (us) Room is going back up in about 5 minutes, restarting ps3
indeed I am, but I can't seem to be able to get in D:

noz, are there people who are pending invitation for that last slot that's preventing me?

Kagari said:
64 member cap :( Is there more than just 1 GAF clan?

You need 20 hours of play and to be level 3 to make a clan. I don't know how many people on GAF had done that (well, one person has...obviously).

I am level 3, but I am only 6 hours clocked. I wish my 15+ from the beta carried over.

dork

Banned
Darkpen said:
indeed I am, but I can't seem to be able to get in D:

noz, are there people who are pending invitation for that last slot that's preventing me?

It was doing that to me earlier. PM him on here. He will take care of it

Teknoman

We need to make room for Darkpen if he cant get in though :lol

Oh yeah:

w8xm6p.jpg

157cch0.jpg

2vab7z4.jpg

o6xrvq.jpg

68bosg.jpg

dgi2vd.jpg

qya2pg.jpg

2nv46k7.jpg

rbmalj.jpg

2em0ra9.jpg

358w2m1.jpg

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I'm watching this thread but in the middle of a boss fight. I'll look into things after.

dork

Banned
Sick shots, those are so clear. He said he left a spot open for him. Otherwise when he kicked the guy from Asia he should have another spot

edit-we need to not play on octacon, its always full

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Linkzg said:
You need 20 hours of play and to be level 3 to make a clan. I don't know how many people on GAF had done that (well, one person has...obviously).

I am level 3, but I am only 6 hours clocked. I wish my 15+ from the beta carried over.

Damn. I should have got in earlier :/

carlos

revolverjgw said:
I miss Brown Town, and Graniny Gorky Lab, and Pillbox Purgatory, and Mountain Top. I don't like these new maps as much... but maybe that's nostalgia talking, and frustration because I suck so horribly and don't know the maps yet.

Same here, GGL was great, even if it had that one cheap closed off room and PP was good for DM and TDM.

I don't dislike any of the new levels, but the AA one, it's too frickin' dark; had I known that, I would've dressed all in black to fit in and be virtually invisible.

Teknoman

carlos said:
Same here, GGL was great, even if it had that one cheap closed off room and PP was good for DM and TDM.

I don't dislike any of the new levels, but the AA one, it's too frickin' dark; had I known that, I would've dressed all in black to fit in and be virtually invisible.

Heh I like all the maps actually. AA isnt THAT dark, you might need to adjust your TV if its too dark where you cant see. There are really dark spots that are supposed to be idea for ambushes, but not dark enough that you cant see someone with careful observation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Linkzg said:

I'm a EURO GAFer and I've played over 20 hours and I'm level 5... should I do it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ah damn it, my brother is playing MGS4 at the moment :(

mileS

Teknoman said:
Yeah once you find the camera in MGS4 it carries over to MGO.

is there a way to transfer pics to the computer with a 40gig without the memory card slots? I would have asked this in the other thread but i'm still going through single player and don't want to be spoiled.

Facism

Frog unit is great and all, but what about a name along the lines of how the PMCs are named in MGS4?

Don't mean to undermine you there, Indeed :)

Indeed

Facism said:
Frog unit is great and all, but what about a name along the lines of how the PMCs are named in MGS4?

Don't mean to undermine you there, Indeed :)

Well, do we want a funny sounding name or a serious one :D?

Nozdeuce

Seiken said:
I'm a EURO GAFer and I've played over 20 hours and I'm level 5... should I do it?
Post here when you do with all the info and I'll add it to the OP.

Nozdeuce

StrikerObi said:
Applied to join. Game ID is "Striker0bi" with a zero.
Sorry, but final spot goes to Darkpen. I just kicked someone who wasn't actually from GAF. Was a bit lenient with the including gaf names in the application, I've sorted everyone out though, he should have been the last of the interlopers.

Darkpen

Banned
guys, I'm thinking of just making the emblem for this clan, and I'll head up the next one for people who got left out. I applied, so I'm waiting for noz to approve and give me emblem rights

Nozdeuce

MickeyKnox said:
Awww, did I miss mah chance? :(
For now, I'll maybe go through the roster in a few days and see how much people are playing. Maybe we could get a casual clan going, or something.

Darkpen said:
guys, I'm thinking of just making the emblem for this clan, and I'll head up the next one for people who got left out. I applied, so I'm waiting for noz to approve and give me emblem rights
Accepted, rights given.

I really do like the idea of having a casual clan though, there are definitely going to be people who have already joined and end up not playing much/at all/end up quitting.

Darkpen

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
For now, I'll maybe go through the roster in a few days and see how much people are playing. Maybe we could get a casual clan going, or something.
that's what I was thinking too. Last time, we had a shit load of people who only played for 30 minutes to 2 hours for the entire duration of the beta. We need a main clan that has people who are going to be playing regularly, and a casual clan with people who just want to be in one.

It should be called NeoGAF: Slowpoke Unit or something :lol

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
that's what I was thinking too. Last time, we had a shit load of people who only played for 30 minutes to 2 hours for the entire duration of the beta. We need a main clan that has people who are going to be playing regularly, and a casual clan with people who just want to be in one.
Yeah, in which case I'd cut them loose and open it up a little again.

It would also put us in a really good position for official clan matches, tournaments and any kojipro stuff that comes up down the line.

Cragen

carlos said:

I just have a unique setting saved for that map on my TV. Increases the red and the brightness so the map almost looks like the Desert maps.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Has anyone tried to buy stuff for MGO? Only additional characters slots and voices are available at the moment but WHY THE FUCK do I have to register to a fucking web store? Why can't I buy stuff from the frigging PS Store? Seriously, what's wrong with you Konami?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
played a bit today, I am terrible. :lol

Konami ID and Game ID was a fucking awful decision. Game ID would not work at all (i wished to use my PSN name), but I see it's not even used in MGO.

Only having 1 available slot to create a character is a WTF moment. Luckily I'm the only one playing it on my machine.

I really loved the Snake missions.

Top Bottom