• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Mromson

I'm hosting loads of games each day from time to time. Usually restricted to 1-2 weapons.
Current server is called "SHOTGUNgirls"~ Feel free to join it

KGKK

Banned
Haven't played for a couple of days. Been mad tired as I work full-time and am in school full-time. Anyhows, people add me to both PSN and MGO as friends!! KGKK is the name for both:D

Ilparazzo

Finally reached level 2 on the shotgun, and I'm ready to change what I said earlier in some posts, the shotgun isn't the worst weapon ever, it's slow to level that's true, it's hard not to get shot in the head with it BUT if you manage to get the drop on someone especially when they are with their back to you you're all set.

Good skills to accompany the shotty, Surveyor (another slow leveler, needed because the shotty works better with auto-aim) and Runner ( it works well with everything). I also used blades because not only do I need to level it too, but shooting a stunned guy in the ground is a bit easier :p

Just a litttle more for complete skill domination!

EDIT: Also, The wasp unit is now nº114, Rejoice!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
Is the new mode basically going to be Meryl & Jonny vs. everybody else? :O

I dont think they are limited to the new mode. At least it is not specified. Sounds like something the host can enable or not kinda like Drebin Points.

Please note that the above Characters cannot be freely selected. They will be randomly allocated to a player taking part in a game in which their use has been enabled.

Teknoman

Wait, was the Gene expansion pack the one we're supposed to pay for?

Either way, hopefully the reward shop has male clothes and items too.

Oh and all three maps look pretty nice (yay for South America)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
I dont think they are limited to the new mode. At least it is not specified. Sounds like something the host can enable or not kinda like Drebin Points.
Yeah it probably will be an option like HS and DB, but "Survival" mode + adding M&J at the same time screams M&J against everybody else too me :D

I'm probably reading too much into "Survival" ^_^;

Killthee said:
Yeah it probably will be an option like HS and DB, but "Survival" mode + adding M&J at the same time screams M&J against everybody else too me :D

I'm probably reading too much into "Survival" ^_^;

I tried to join your server earlier tonight, but it was full. The new options/modes/characters sound awesome.

1stStrike

Banned
I don't really want to be forced to play one mode just to get a new hat. I'll try it out but unless it's better than tsne..I don't see my venturing too far from tsne.

Oh and, wtf. I thought a shadow moses map was coming D:

btw:

neogaf all TSNE server up 6 rounds per map, 12 minute games.

I'm afk at work so feel free to hop in if you like. Got a few gaffers on atm.

LowParry

So who's going female? Hahahaha! My wife is rather excited about this. She was mad because she could only play a guy. Now she can play as a woman!

Edit: I fear how much this is going to cost though :(

LowParry

$10 I'll settle for though. Although is that the price for GENE or GENE Plus? By the descriptions, it seems they are different "expansion packs" of the sort. Just the difference of adding another character slot.

1stStrike

Banned
No clue really. It'll be best just to wait until it actually comes out. I'm looking forward to having new maps in the rotation. I sooo wanted a south america map and the power station is going to be awesome. I don't know if there's going to be a lot of places to hide for tsne games though..so that might be a hard map.

LowParry

The sewers map (Tomb of Tubes). That looks sooo godly. And the rewards I'm really looking foward to. Man. Just another 50 hours to add to my near 50 hours of game time. Good times!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
mgo tournament details from jim sensei:

*It will be a world-wide tournament. The news posting doesn't say how, outside of calling the battle "on a world-wide scale."

*Clans must have a minimum of six players to compete

*The tournament will take place in two parts; preleminary rounds and the finals.

*The finalists will meet up at a real-world location to play the final match.

*Registration starts next week on the 16th

All from the Japanese site, by the way. Don't know if this'll hold for American players.

1stStrike

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
OHHHHHH!! I want new maps now! Brown Town!!!!

So what is this survival mode like?

No idea. As with typical konami releases it's like..WOO YEA SURVIVAL MODE EVERYONE REJOICE! But we're not going to tell you shit about it.

btw, where the hell have the gaffers been? I better see more than 4 of you on this weekend.

LowParry

1stStrike said:
btw, where the hell have the gaffers been? I better see more than 4 of you on this weekend.

Now that I solved my retarded conflicting IP issue, I'll be playing more often now.

Oh, and did that merge happen yet?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
No, not yet. Jason and Noz have been playing hooky.
He didn't want to do the merge until we got details for the tourny or something. And yeah, I picked up Bad Company on 360 today, so have been playing that. I still watch this thread though, even when I'm not 100% MGO active.

As for having 6 participants my quickly thrown together but not quite random shortlist:
MickeyKnox
Wesker
Guled
Jason/Ephemeris
Teknoman
Nooreo
1stStrike
MetalMurphy

Ilparazzo

-COOLIO- said:
*The finalists will meet up at a real-world location to play the final match.

How will this hold up in the rest of the world? Does not appear to be feasible...

Still, I'm getting hyped up for the tournament, it's gonna be as awesome as sliced bread or that shark high-fiving a gorilla pic.

EDIT: I wonder what survival is? It must be hard since it's the only way to get reward points...

And I think it isn't Meryl+johnny against everyone? since:
The positions of enemies she shoots and enemies targeting her are visually shared with other team members through the SOP system.

Meryl will raise the spirits of teammates nearby to help them recover Psyche.
I mean if it was just why all that talk about teammates and crap?

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
He didn't want to do the merge until we got details for the tourny or something. And yeah, I picked up Bad Company on 360 today, so have been playing that. I still watch this thread though, even when I'm not 100% MGO active.

As for having 6 participants my quickly thrown together but not quite random shortlist:
MickeyKnox
Wesker
Guled
Jason/Ephemeris
Teknoman
Nooreo
1stStrike
MetalMurphy

Oh..bad company. I played the demo and was completely turned off by it.

lol I'm pretty sure I would get owned at the competitive level. RynardoDavinci should be on that list.

Oh and, Meryl and Johnny will be available in multiple modes, not just survival. I'm guessing it'll be something the host can toggle. It'll be like snake/mkII in sneaking where players get to randomly play as either Meryl or Johnny.

And..I've heard some rumors about survival mode but I don't want to just throw some shit out there that I'm not 100% sure of.

They should totally release the expansion on the PSN so I can use a prepaid card. I'm one of the common peasants that doesn't have access to a credit card. :<

deepbrown

CcrooK said:
The sewers map (Tomb of Tubes). That looks sooo godly. And the rewards I'm really looking foward to. Man. Just another 50 hours to add to my near 50 hours of game time. Good times!
That map was in the original trailers...grrr. Milkers! Though I guess we did get MGO for free with MGS4.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh yea, how do you feel about my friend who doesn't post on gaf joining the clan? I mean, he's always playing with me/us and he's gotten pretty damn good. He's got a mic and we're tearing shit up in tsne games together (and holy crap, playing tsne games with him and ryan was crazy awesome today)

I grabbed the target and they were covering me with tranq pistols and stun grenades the whole way back. I was just like.."teamwork..teamwoooork.." and I almost shed bitter man tears of joy. Almost.

Edit: Oh and Pho3nix joined a game I was in for all of 5 minutes, got owned and left. She needs more private time with jason.

Ilparazzo

It's official, I've lost the number one spot, congratulations Mromson!
I'm coming after you though you better sleep with one eye open!

I'm going to cry in the corner now.

1stStrike

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
It's official, I've lost the number one spot, congratulations Mromson!
I'm coming after you though you better sleep with one eye open!

I'm going to cry in the corner now.

Haha, I've dropped down to 8th in the TSNE rankings. It's hard to stay in the top 10 with a full time job! I just can't play enough to rack up enough points in a day when these guys are doing at least 10 - 15 hours a day and I'm doing 4 - 5 hours a day.

Dave1988

I really fucking hope that the expansion comes to the PSN because those fucktards from KONAMI won't let me buy it :/

For reference here't the list of banned countries from the MGO shop.

Andorra Bahrain Bosnia Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia
Cyprus Czech Republic Egypt Estonia Gibraltar
Hungary Iceland India Israel Jordan
Kuwait Latvia Lebanon Liechtenstein Lithuania
Malta & Gozo Monaco Montenegro Morocco Oman
Poland Qatar Romania Russia San Marino
Saudi Arabia Serbia Slovakia Slovenia South Africa
Turkey Ukraine United Arab Emirates Vatican

And to rub it in:

If you have registered your KONAMI ID with any of the below countries, you will be unable to make online credit purchases. Confirmation of receipt of e-mail cannot be used. You will be unable to buy contents. You will be unable to buy points or subscription tickets. Any e-mail from KONAMI ID will be without the clickable URL link needed in order to confirm the receipt of our confirmation mail.

Ugh....makes me want to shoot someone :/

Indeed

Dave1988 said:
I really fucking hope that the expansion comes to the PSN because those fucktards from KONAMI won't let me buy it :/

For reference here't the list of banned countries from the MGO shop.

And to rub it in:

Ugh....makes me want to shoot someone :/

Why are these countries "banned" again? :S I really dont get it. Well hopefully theyll release it on the PSNStore too.

1stStrike

Banned
Probably because they don't have a license to distribute in those countries or something to that effect. They do the same thing in MMO's too.

Dave1988

When the expansion hits people will start to bitch about not being able to buy it. I think if enough people will spam the Community page with this topic maybe the boneheads at Konami will finally notice that something isn't quite right.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:

Ditto. Been playing single-player again. Just incase they incorporate trophies later on.

1stStrike said:
Oh yea, how do you feel about my friend who doesn't post on gaf joining the clan? I mean, he's always playing with me/us and he's gotten pretty damn good. He's got a mic and we're tearing shit up in tsne games together (and holy crap, playing tsne games with him and ryan was crazy awesome today)
That's alright with me, personally.
1stStrike said:
Edit: Oh and Pho3nix joined a game I was in for all of 5 minutes, got owned and left. She needs more private time with jason.
¬_¬

MickeyKnox
Wesker
Guled
Jason/Ephemeris
Teknoman
Nooreo
1stStrike
MetalMurphy
Nozdeuce
RynardoDavinci
Pho3nix
After glancing at the list..

The Battle Has Already Been Won.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ephemeris said:
Ditto. Been playing single-player again. Just incase they incorporate trophies later on.

MickeyKnox
Wesker
Guled
Jason/Ephemeris
Teknoman
Nooreo
1stStrike
MetalMurphy
Nozdeuce
RynardoDavinci
Pho3nix
After glancing at the list..

The Battle Has Already Been Won.
You crazy kids and your god damn "me too" achievements, I'm primarily a 360 user and have had one since launch, only picked up my PS3 in December. I'm unphased by your non-existent trophies :lol

Also, I see what you did there, thanks?. Please keep in mind this isn't an official be all/end all list of any kind, it's just names off the top of my head, thus most of the original gaf kojipro team. I have no real inclination one way or another towards Ryanardo, I just remember one instance where I camped on the stairs inside the GG warehouse and killed him like 5 times in a row as he walked past or eventually inside to get me :lol

I really don't think I should be on the list, I'll play more in the next few days. We'll see I guess, but there's so many better gaf members than me, I'm rarely 1st anymore.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
You crazy kids and your god damn "me too" achievements, I'm primarily a 360 user and have had one since launch, only picked up my PS3 in December. I'm unphased by your non-existent trophies :lol
Shun the non-believer!
I have no real inclination one way or another towards Ryanardo, I just remember one instance where I camped on the stairs inside the GG warehouse and killed him like 5 times in a row as he walked past or eventually inside to get me :lol
And I remember a time that he was complaining about my playing Rex versus Ray in Sneaking Missions all the time and proceeded to hunt me down for it :lol We all have our good/bad/ugly days.
I really don't think I should be on the list..
Boooooo!

Despite playing some COD4 recently, the last time I signed on with my 360 was probably a couple days prior to the launch of MGS4. For all my fellow multi-console owners my live tag is: Ephemeris Zero Feel free to add.

Top Bottom