• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ephemeris said:
Shun the non-believer!
But but..I bought and played through Uncharted the same day I got my PS3, I'm a good person!
Ephemeris said:
And I remember a time that he was complaining about my playing Rex versus Ray in Sneaking Missions all the time and proceeded to hunt me down for it :lol We all have our good/bad/ugly days.
I've always meant to ask which tune you're always blasting. And now I know
Ephemeris said:
Despite playing some COD4 recently, the last time I signed on with my 360 was probably a couple days prior to the launch of MGS4. For all my fellow multi-console owners my live tag is: Ephemeris Zero Feel free to add.
Sent you an invite, guess who :lol

DunpealD

Indeed said:

Well have you got any members in your mind? I'd recommend Dave1988 and Luca if they've got the time for it, ConcaloCastro would also be a good choice but I don't know if he's still good at it since I haven't seen him often in MGO. Anyway you can count me in, I will most probably have time for it. Furthermore before getting into action we should make some plans, strategies and have to synchronize the team.

Zyzyxxz

DunpealD said:
I hope this will really be a world tournament. So if it is Indeed a global one, is EU GAF also going to join the brawl?

hah Imagine EU GAF vs NA GAF in the finals.

It'll be like Rocky except without Stallone and Russians.

Mromson

Ilparazzo said:
It's official, I've lost the number one spot, congratulations Mromson!
I'm coming after you though you better sleep with one eye open!

I'm going to cry in the corner now.
I don't sleep! :lol

Indeed

DunpealD said:
Well have you got any members in your mind? I'd recommend Dave1988 and Luca if they've got the time for it, ConcaloCastro would also be a good choice but I don't know if he's still good at it since I haven't seen him often in MGO. Anyway you can count me in, I will most probably have time for it. Furthermore before getting into action we should make some plans, strategies and have to synchronize the team.

We should get headsets. Also count me in. Mromson too i guess :p

DunpealD

Indeed said:
We should get headsets. Also count me in. Mromson too i guess :p

Got the Warhawk headset, but I'm not used to using it... In fact I never use it, looks like it's about time to dust it off.

So the possible participants up till now are:

Indeed
Mromson
ConcaloCastro(?)
Luca_Blight
Dave1988
Live_Feed
Dunpeal

looks quite good. But we shouldn't just depend on the headsets, because we never know what happens so as I said before we should definitely get together to synchronize the team that we can act even without headsets or text communication at all.

Ephemeris

product_04_07.jpg

I can already see that snipers are going to ruin my mortar fun.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I'll be all over you like an asian on rice.
Ephemeris said:
You better run the moment you kill me friend, cause there's a surprise about to fall on your head :lol
Well NAGAF has steered us in an interesting direction, can I join you guys EuroGAF?

Zann

Neo Member
Awesome TSNE games on 1stStrike server. I definitely gotta work on my CQC skills because I kept missing whenever I tried to grab someone and got blasted in the head. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well I just went 0 and 9 in on 1stStrike's tsne server, you people can have that mode

lol that one spot where i choked you out..i was really surprised you didn't kill me cause i had totally fucked up. i fell off the building and then you jumped down or something and I missed with my stun knife. I'm not sure what you were doing but it ended with me choking you out, stealing your weap and stabbing you ^_^

a lot of the people that play tsne are dedicated to tsne..i see a lot of the same faces all the time. so, someone like you who's usually in tdm doesn't have the same familiarity with the gameplay like we do.

It's amazing how vast the difference in play style for the same map can be with a different game mode.

Oh and jason, you're going to be that guy under the "Free Headshot" sign :p

I might have to re-visit TDM for this so I can grab my DSR-1 and say hi to you guys :D

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
lol that one spot where i choked you out..i was really surprised you didn't kill me cause i had totally fucked up. i fell off the building and then you jumped down or something and I missed with my stun knife. I'm not sure what you were doing but it ended with me choking you out, stealing your weap and stabbing you ^_^
I totally need to stop playing with the sound muted, but generally I'm horrible at tsne anyway

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I totally need to stop playing with the sound muted, but generally I'm horrible at tsne anyway

lol so that's why. I was like, OH SHIT NOZ IS GONNA HS ME. But..you didn't D: thanks for helping me lvl my cqc btw :D

you have bad eye sight or something? it's just like tdm when you're the defending team, except your enemy is mostly invisible. i was fucking people up left and right on that map cause they were completely exposing themselves on the buildings.

but, i guess i've trained myself to look for the floating knife too :x

though, if you want to fuck me up, play me on AA. God, I can't see shit on that map. It's too fucking dark.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
lol so that's why. I was like, OH SHIT NOZ IS GONNA HS ME. But..you didn't D: thanks for helping me lvl my cqc btw :D

you have bad eye sight or something? it's just like tdm when you're the defending team, except your enemy is mostly invisible. i was fucking people up left and right on that map cause they were completely exposing themselves on the buildings.

but, i guess i've trained myself to look for the floating knife too :x

though, if you want to fuck me up, play me on AA. God, I can't see shit on that map. It's too fucking dark.
I'm just mad rusty, I can't kill shit, visible or not at the moment

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I'm just mad rusty, I can't kill shit, visible or not at the moment

Well, don't go quitting on me. There's no way bad company is more fun than MGO. I mean, you can't even lay prone in that game. WTF?! Talk about gimped snipers. Sheesh.

"I'm hiding..in plain sight..yea....they'll never see me-" *gets run over by a tank*

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Well, don't go quitting on me. There's no way bad company is more fun than MGO. I mean, you can't even lay prone in that game. WTF?! Talk about gimped snipers. Sheesh.

"I'm hiding..in plain sight..yea....they'll never see me-" *gets run over by a tank*
Just going back to TDM is all, don't worry. Also for Bad Company it's all about helmcamming, so you can see perfectly and they can't see your head.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, that game really isn't my thing. GL with TDM :p

I almost want to hold a TSNE game where gaffers can hop in and I'll kind of go over some stuff with them..popular points of interest, camping spots, strategies, etc. Get everyone on a team and just do like a 30 minute lesson where I show some stuff. I think that would benefit you too cause one way or another you're going to end up doing some team sneak eventually :p

A lot of other people besides me seem to be interested in TSNE, but they still have a lot to learn. So yea, if anyone else is interested I wouldn't mind doing it.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Yea, that game really isn't my thing. GL with TDM :p

I almost want to hold a TSNE game where gaffers can hop in and I'll kind of go over some stuff with them..popular points of interest, camping spots, strategies, etc. Get everyone on a team and just do like a 30 minute lesson where I show some stuff. I think that would benefit you too cause one way or another you're going to end up doing some team sneak eventually :p

A lot of other people besides me seem to be interested in TSNE, but they still have a lot to learn. So yea, if anyone else is interested I wouldn't mind doing it.
That'd be cool. TDM is going well, but with a slight problem of I can only get kills with handguns :lol

1stStrike

Banned
I'm going to call out a specific player..hulot. Everytime I own someone he comes whirling around the corner and headshots me. The guy has 1stStrike homing bullets ><

I dont know what happened, my connection freaked and I was kicked out. Damn it, I was doing great too.

BTW I was in a different TSNE game, different group so different strategies. While sneaking these guys would get up on the white building and throw down stun grenades onto the roof with the duck where I was running around. Got me once with it.

1stStrike

Banned
Things just weren't clicking tonight for us..we got our asses handed to us repeatedly. I get so damn frustrated when the team isn't cohesive and people are getting knocked out with no back up, people doing stupid things (like trying to wake up the guy that just got knocked out right out in the open), going rambo into the middle of the enemy with naught but a knife and getting us all killed..grr.

LowParry

I think my favorite setup and Lvl 2 Running, Lvl 1 SMG's and Lvl 1 Trickster. P90 is da bomb! Add a trap here and there. Suckas don't know what'll hit them. And with speed, getting to a corner is much easier.

1stStrike said:
Things just weren't clicking tonight for us..we got our asses handed to us repeatedly. I get so damn frustrated when the team isn't cohesive and people are getting knocked out with no back up, people doing stupid things (like trying to wake up the guy that just got knocked out right out in the open), going rambo into the middle of the enemy with naught but a knife and getting us all killed..grr.

Yeah, we were all doing pretty terrible in those games. All though the ones that we won were pretty enjoyable. That was my first time playing TSNE btw, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Indeed

Im currently rediscoverying sniper rifles. They are pretty effective when you play a slowerpaced mode like TDM or Rescue. I think i stick to assault rifles in base and capture though.

carlos

Man, lvl 8 is a fickle mistress....not that I really care about it, but I still can't comprehend how levels are calculated

for example,yesterday after getting to lvl 8, I get killed once in TSNE, quit the game, and when I check again, I'm back down to 7

Right after that, I go 54-12 and that isn't enough to raise it back to 8

After a few other games, it decides to go back to 8....then I play today, go 9-4 and my level is lowered to 7 again, lol!

No_Style

I wonder how the expansion will treat regular MGO players. I hope they don't split the server list to "Gene" and "non-Gene" servers... It'd be nice to get into the servers during regular gametypes/maps so I could see the new gear people get.

I have no intention of purchasing the expansion.

1stStrike

Banned
Woo, my K/D ratio is finally in the positive! Been having a much better day today..yesterday was bad for my heart ><

@No_Style: Suit yourself. I'll be having a bunch of fun on the new maps in your stead.

LowParry

I'll be getting the expansion. The wife wants a female character. Although if it launches in the middle of next week, I have to wait till Friday. Paaaay daaay!

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
I'll be getting the expansion. The wife wants a female character. Although if it launches in the middle of next week, I have to wait till Friday. Paaaay daaay!
Then you'll only be 1 day lttp. DLC and junk is supposed to go live next Thursday, the 17th.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ephemeris said:
Found a picture of the NeoGAF group photo with me in the middle Metal Gear Online standalone game cover.
pa.131910.1.jpg
Does anybody know how the server lock works? Is it disc region based, hw region based, konami id region based? Can I buy the JP standalone and connect to the U.S. servers? Is the standalone being released here?

Dave1988

Ephemeris said:
Found a picture of the NeoGAF group photo with me in the middle Metal Gear Online standalone game cover.
pa.131910.1.jpg

I'm gonna be pissed if I'll have to buy that to get the expansion.

EDIT: any new info on the "international" tournament?

Ephemeris

Killthee said:
Does anybody know how the server lock works? Is it disc region based, hw region based, konami id region based? Can I buy the JP standalone and connect to the U.S. servers? Is the standalone being released here?

I believe it's disc based, sadly. I suppose I'm spoiled by the MGO beta, but I'd *really* love a XMB launcher for the game.

Top Bottom