• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

1stStrike

Banned
The FF13 confirmed for 360 thread is full of epic lawlz. I don't really give a rats ass about FF13 so it doesn't bother me. And I'll never trade my PS3 for a 360. Fuck that.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
The FF13 confirmed for 360 thread is full of epic lawlz. I don't really give a rats ass about FF13 so it doesn't bother me. And I'll never trade my PS3 for a 360. Fuck that.
Personally I like my rainbow/UN of platforms.
/underail

How about that MGO, pretty awesome huh?

Indeed

1stStrike said:

Not to derail this thread, but after watching the latest FF13 trailer, i have no real urge to play it. And i loved the older Final Fantasies.

1stStrike

Banned
Who cares about derailing, they already shoved us in a corner and segregated us anyway. Fight the powaaaaa!

And yes, MGO whoop whoop. Though, KZ2 and RS2 might pull me away.

Indeed

Honestly im more interested in Resi5 Coop. But maybe because im not that into console fps's.
Oh well we will see tomorrow. Im still F5ing the E3 and OMG FF13 TO X360 threads because of the lulz. All these meltdowns are hilarious.

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
Honestly im more interested in Resi5 Coop. But maybe because im not that into console fps's.
Oh well we will see tomorrow. Im still F5ing the E3 and OMG FF13 TO X360 threads because of the lulz. All these meltdowns are hilarious.
Same, though being all up in MGO and various other titles, Japan still isn't so hot at doing stuff on the internets

1stStrike

Banned
Lets segregate ourselves from the PSN and make a clunky, non-user friendly system! All the western gamers will LOVE that! Oh and also, make the community site slow and hard to navigate!

Those japanese devs. They're so wiley.

Ephemeris

Indeed said:
Good thing you weren't around me when I was watching it on TV. Did my best Raging Raven Impression.

Don't know why either, I have all three systems :lol

Mr and Mrs Nozdeuce and I had a therapeutic MGO session earlier that allowed me to release and relax.

Nozdeuce

Konami announces the obvious

Please be informed that Emergency Maintenance will be held between the hours of 18:00 07/16/2008 - 01:00 7/172008 (PDT).
During maintenance both the game server as well as the Community Support Page will be unavailable, so please make sure to log out beforehand.
* Maintenance may be extended if necessary.

1stStrike

Banned
mm i might have to go play warhawk again with the new stuff..oh god..i just don't have enough time for all these upcoming games, expansions, updates, etc. ;_;

Nozdeuce

Lion Heart said:
Hey Nozdeauce I applied for clan if thats cool. I love the MP a lot, so I won't be deserting the game.
For now, please apply to the FrogUnit. We're going to be reshuffling the clans so all the super active people are in VanillaGAF. Nothing personal, if you keep up with MGO you are more than welcome into VanillaGAF at a slightly later date. Sorry.

itxaka

Defeatist
Indeed said:
I didnt fire up MGO today so ill accept you tomorrow ;) sorry to keep you waiting.

No bother, thanks for it! I am dying to play with people that play, well, tactical.
Last night I play with a guy that really understand me and we played 2vs2 capture the base. We won in less than 2 minutes both rounds and only one death between them. The guy was really good covering me and understanding what we had to do next.

I love this game when is well played.

1stStrike

Banned
itxaka said:
No bother, thanks for it! I am dying to play with people that play, well, tactical.
Last night I play with a guy that really understand me and we played 2vs2 capture the base. We won in less than 2 minutes both rounds and only one death between them. The guy was really good covering me and understanding what we had to do next.

I love this game when is well played.

Agreed, though it's hard to find people like that. There's some gaffers I play really well with and some that I just can't seem to click with at all.

@Noz: I'll try to remain active, but I feel myself going into a slump again. Like, all I've wanted to do the last two days is watch movies and sleep lol. It doesn't help that they threw me on day shift this week and I have to adjust to these crappy hours..only to get thrown back onto grave shift next week. So my sleep schedule is getting screwed with hardcore.

I'll try to hop on tonight though for a couple hours when I get off work. If I do get on I'll have a neogaf server up as well. I much prefer hosting over joining random servers.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
@Noz: I'll try to remain active, but I feel myself going into a slump again. Like, all I've wanted to do the last two days is watch movies and sleep lol. It doesn't help that they threw me on day shift this week and I have to adjust to these crappy hours..only to get thrown back onto grave shift next week. So my sleep schedule is getting screwed with hardcore.

I'll try to hop on tonight though for a couple hours when I get off work. If I do get on I'll have a neogaf server up as well. I much prefer hosting over joining random servers.
Don't worry about it. I really should have said "regulars". MGO is almost too hardcore, can really give you a beating and is really easy to just slip away from, but oh so good. Take a break, come back after the expansion but most importantly have fun :D

itxaka

Defeatist
Hey, if you are having a play tonigth send me an invite! I´ll be home in.....4 hours and will play for 3 hours moreless.

PSN: Itxaka GameID: Itxaka
European :(

Ilparazzo

itxaka said:
Hey, if you are having a play tonigth send me an invite! I´ll be home in.....4 hours and will play for 3 hours moreless.

PSN: Itxaka GameID: Itxaka
European :(
As a fellow European, I do not appreciate that smiley. Shame on you sir!

itxaka

Defeatist
Ilparazzo said:
As a fellow European, I do not appreciate that smiley. Shame on you sir!

Come on! I put it because there are few players from Gaf to play :(

But if you are european and in a MGO thread i´ll have to add you to my friend list so we can play some matches ;)

Ilparazzo

itxaka said:
Come on! I put it because there are few players from Gaf to play :(

But if you are european and in a MGO thread i´ll have to add you to my friend list so we can play some matches ;)

I have already sent you the PSN friend thingie.

Bloody expansion pack is pricey :/

Wasn't it supposed to be like 10 euros or something? Is that really that much?

EDIT: Wait, 1ststrike was banned? Was it because of his Euro trashing? :p
In which E3 thread did he lose his mind?

itxaka

Defeatist
Ilparazzo said:
I have already sent you the PSN friend thingie.

Wasn't it supposed to be like 10 euros or something? Is that really that much?

EDIT: Wait, 1ststrike was banned? Was it because of his Euro trashing? :p
In which E3 thread did he lose his mind?

I got you there!

Searching is disabled so impossible to know why he was banned :(

Ilparazzo

itxaka said:
I got you there!

Searching is disabled so impossible to know why he was banned :(

Now who will I bitch to if that headset he talked about ends up being sucky?

Anyway nice on the friend thingie, I'll be seeing you there recruit, but remember I'm always leveling some sucky skill (Hawkeye this time) so I won't be that good all the time.

The expansion is coming up... I want to try out the survival mode, right stat now!

PS: Weren't the tournament sign-ups supposed to start the 16th?

itxaka

Defeatist
Ilparazzo said:
Anyway nice on the friend thingie, I'll be seeing you there recruit, but remember I'm always leveling some sucky skill (Hawkeye this time) so I won't be that good all the time.

So that will be your excuse when I dominate the game? ;-P

Damn is almost 4:00am! stupid MGO that keeps me playing "just one more"

Nozdeuce

Zyzyxxz said:
how long is 1ststrike banned for? We need him VanillaGAF!
8/15 apparently

Edit: The professor got himself 1 month ban for betting Star Ocean 4 would go PS3

Nozdeuce said:
For now, please apply to the FrogUnit. We're going to be reshuffling the clans so all the super active people are in VanillaGAF. Nothing personal, if you keep up with MGO you are more than welcome into VanillaGAF at a slightly later date. Sorry.

I hate you

sounds good man, i've only played a bit but I did pretty well surprisingly, so I cant wait to get really good.

Nozdeuce

Lion Heart said:
I hate you

sounds good man, i've only played a bit but I did pretty well surprisingly, so I cant wait to get really good.
I get that a lot.

excellent

LowParry

I'm confused :(

Edit: I've been enjoying E3 and helping out with was WAR moderations and blah, so I'm lost in the loop. Did the GAF clan get jacked? So I'm a lonewolf now?

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
I'm confused :(

Edit: I've been enjoying E3 and helping out with was WAR moderations and blah, so I'm lost in the loop. Did the GAF clan get jacked? So I'm a lonewolf now?
What? Good god no, nothing has happened. What happened to your wife? Shes been pretty up to speed on MGO goings on so far..

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:
What? Good god no, nothing has happened. What happened to your wife? Shes been pretty up to speed on MGO goings on so far..

She's been on and off playing though more focused on the kid. I've been slammed with work this week so the small time I have I've been going all nerdism with E3 stuff. But what's this VanillaGAF talk all about?

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
She's been on and off playing though more focused on the kid. I've been slammed with work this week so the small time I have I've been going all nerdism with E3 stuff. But what's this VanillaGAF talk all about?
VanillaGAF is our clan the NeoGAF clan. We don't have cool names like Fox or Frogunit, so it's usually just easier for me to refer to it VanillaGAF.

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:
VanillaGAF is our clan the NeoGAF clan. We don't have cool names like Fox or Frogunit, so it's usually just easier for me to refer to it VanillaGAF.

Ohhhhh. Gotcha gotcha. I have no more confusion. The fight continues. Lookin forward to new maps!!

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
Ohhhhh. Gotcha gotcha. I have no more confusion. The fight continues. Lookin forward to new maps!!
I get the sinking feeling despite many people probably feeling the same way, MGO is gonna be pretty vacant for a while as people rent/dl movies...

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:
I get the sinking feeling despite many people probably feeling the same way, MGO is gonna be pretty vacant for a while as people rent/dl movies...

Possibly. Although for me, it's gonna be hard to get in some MGO time after Soul Calibur 4 comes out. The strange thing with that game is, I haven't seen any mention with previews of it being online. If it's online, we'll see how it plays out. If not, t hen MGO will be the go to online game to play (with a little side of Gears of War).

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:

You americans... Always jumping to the new things, if I want to see movies I rent them someplace else, do not clutter my playing space!

Also, if there is online in SCIV and it's not region locked (not that it really matters since I'm going to get a american one), I now expect you, Mr.Ccrook to fight me!

LowParry

Ilparazzo said:
You americans... Always jumping to the new things, if I want to see movies I rent them someplace else, do not clutter my playing space!

Also, if there is online in SCIV and it's not region locked (not that it really matters since I'm going to get a american one), I now expect you, Mr.Ccrook to fight me!

My Kilik happily accepts your challenge. Although with what I've seen of Tira, I may give her a good run this time because I wasn't too impressed with her in 3. Or just let Vader do the talkin. Who knows.

Nozdeuce

Ilparazzo said:
More so just PS3 only users, everyone is really into the "me too" features like trophies and the video store, whereas I ignore them on both PS3 and 360.

You still trapping lots of victims? What's your recent play style like now that you have sooooo many skills mastered?

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:
More so just PS3 only users, everyone is really into the "me too" features like trophies and the video store, whereas I ignore them on both PS3 and 360.

You still trapping lots of victims? What's your recent play style like now that you have sooooo many skills mastered?

I still need to master the last skill : Hawkeye! SO I just use an assault rifle and go around the fighting to catch people with their backs to me since I can't aim worth a crap with the FP view (and it levels slowly too...) so the traps have gone almost Teamsneak-only...

Ccrook said:
My Kilik happily accepts your challenge. Although with what I've seen of Tira, I may give her a good run this time because I wasn't too impressed with her in 3. Or just let Vader do the talkin. Who knows.

My brother used to play with kilik, my mitsurugi kicked his ass 70% of the time :p
Tira is a crazy lady but she has some nice attacks. I'm looking forward to rumbling with you XD.

After hearing so much talk about how awesome the P90 is, I decided to give it a shot and started leveling my SMG skill.. Gotta say, it's a pretty good weapon, especially when using in burst (Theres no burst option, but you learn to fire in such a way eventually) or single shot. My K/D ratio has improved a great amount in a short time (At least when I play TDM.. TSNE is a different story). Still doesn't hold a candle to the M14.. but I think that weapon is kinda cheap.. overpowered.. anywho. On to improving my pistol skills.

Top Bottom