• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ilparazzo

Finally went master in Surveyor and Shotgun (even if dave didn't want to help, always kicking my ass before i could get someone...) and now only blades and hawkeye left finally.

And auto aim sucks, yay!

Dave1988

Ilparazzo said:
Finally went master in Surveyor and Shotgun (even if dave didn't want to help, always kicking my ass before i could get someone...) and now only blades and hawkeye left finally.

And auto aim sucks, yay!

Well, duh! That's why you only use it in conjunction with the shotty.

Ephemeris said:
I believe it's disc based, sadly. I suppose I'm spoiled by the MGO beta, but I'd *really* love a XMB launcher for the game.
Same. I'm pretty sure it's possible too. Disc that come with a FW update are basically a second EBOOT.PBP that runs.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:

And auto aim sucks, yay!

Youre a trooper dude.

1stStrike

Banned
I had someone ask me if I was using auto-aim yesterday because I kept doing crazy stuff on UU. Twas a good day.

I might hop on fora little bit today, but today is "relax from MGO day" so I don't want to do anything to stress myself out. Got some movies going, a pizza coming, gonna chill before work tomorrow.

Edit: Oh and, noz, you'd be proud of me. I took out an entire team with the tranq pistol on more than once occasion yesterday.

Also, we need to get nujabes and hulot into a gaff clan. hulot is actually a gaff poster. he always comes into any games i make (and pretty much destroys most everyone single handedly) and nujabes is my online-friend that i've been hanging with for about a year now in various games.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
I had someone ask me if I was using auto-aim yesterday because I kept doing crazy stuff on UU. Twas a good day.

I might hop on fora little bit today, but today is "relax from MGO day" so I don't want to do anything to stress myself out. Got some movies going, a pizza coming, gonna chill before work tomorrow.

Edit: Oh and, noz, you'd be proud of me. I took out an entire team with the tranq pistol on more than once occasion yesterday.

Also, we need to get nujabes and hulot into a gaff clan. hulot is actually a gaff poster. he always comes into any games i make (and pretty much destroys most everyone single handedly) and nujabes is my online-friend that i've been hanging with for about a year now in various games.
Nice, good work. Actually have an outstanding application from Hulot, I'll hop on and accept him in a sec.

SamuraiX-

Ephemeris said:
Found a picture of the NeoGAF group photo with me in the middle Metal Gear Online standalone game cover.
pa.131910.1.jpg

OMG YES.

MOAR! MMMMOOOOOOOOOAAARRR!

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Well way to trick me into playing for 3 hours straight so far. Tricky bastard :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well way to trick me into playing for 3 hours straight so far. Tricky bastard :lol

lol i actually saw you online in the MGO community site (yes, I actually post there pretty often) and was like zomg noz is online. But, I'm watching some anime movies today that I've had for a while. Need to get em out of the way (and they've been pretty damn entertaining so far).

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
lol i actually saw you online in the MGO community site (yes, I actually post there pretty often) and was like zomg noz is online. But, I'm watching some anime movies today that I've had for a while. Need to get em out of the way (and they've been pretty damn entertaining so far).
And I've even got the juice, It's been a while since I've ever placed 1st.

And even longer since I've gotten any hate mail!

ur lucky ur not in my face causeI'll punch u in ur mouth f.uckin cheater

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dave1988 said:
I'm gonna be pissed if I'll have to buy that to get the expansion.

EDIT: any new info on the "international" tournament?
*It will be a world-wide tournament. The news posting doesn't say how, outside of calling the battle "on a world-wide scale."

*Clans must have a minimum of six players to compete

*The tournament will take place in two parts; preleminary rounds and the finals.

*The finalists will meet up at a real-world location to play the final match.

*Registration starts next week on the 16th

All from the Japanese site, by the way. Don't know if this'll hold for American players.

from jim sensei

Guled

wow, I was playing today and some guy tried to kick me cuz I killed him multiple times (he claimed I was cheating). So after he failed, I tried to kick him, and then after he got kicked he wrote me an email and I'd quote
Ecua said:
ur lucky ur not in my face cause I'll punch u in ur mouth & put u in a hospital stupid white f.uck
and then he sent another email which said
Ecua said:
nothing to say good u better shut the f.uck up cause u know I'm right stupid white f.uck
:lol wow, some people take this game to seriously. Anyway, why didn't we have a meet up this weekend? Lets make it a weekly thing, the best games are the ones with neogaf members

edit: It looks like Noz got the same thing from the same guy:lol

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
And I've even got the juice, It's been a while since I've ever placed 1st.

And even longer since I've gotten any hate mail!

Haha sweet. I went 10:1 in a tsne game yesterday and didn't get any hate mail. However, people want to try out for gaff seeing me in the top 10 tsne rankings and think I use auto-aim, etc. etc. that does make me laugh lol.

I just tell em that we're all irl friends and don't do try outs. That gets rid of em.

Oh and jason is getting his ass kicked in his the boss extreme run atm. Any bets that he beats the game at 5 hours and 1 second? :p

Guled said:
Anyway, why didn't we have a meet up this weekend? Lets make it a weekly thing, the best games are the ones with neogaf members

Well, I was hosting a game yesterday and a bunch of gaffers were on so it still worked out. No jason or noz though. We haven't had a purely gaff server in a while though.

Ephemeris

1stStrike said:
Oh and jason is getting his ass kicked in his the boss extreme run atm. Any bets that he beats the game at 5 hours and 1 second? :p

Oh ho ho. Everybody's a comedian :p

My Boss Extreme Run is over at last. :D Final Time: 3hours and 23 minutes. lol I couldn't resist watching the
big boss
cutscenes. What can I say, he's my fave.

Highlights
1)Running through Act 5 (1st try, no do-overs) with clutch headshots of 100% Accuracy & Win. The Frogs never stood a chance. :lol Mantis in TBE was easier than my two previous playthroughs on Solid Normal. Yes, practice makes perfect I suppose.
2) Crying Wolf battle. The hunter became the hunted. It was quite the rush sneaking across the map while taking shots at Wolf. I used the .50 caliber rifle during that fight as the Rail Gun charged too long for me. I need this stage in MGO (never gonna happen).
3) Close calls I had in Act 1; Running through the latter half of Act 2.

Hardest part of the whole game for me wasn't the Act 3 chase nor the last battle of the game (F*ck you
MGS2 Ocelot
). No friends, it was the beginning of Act 2. *curses under his breath* It took me soo long to get to the first checkpoint -_-

LowParry

I don't get hate mail, I just get kicked from the server because people think I'm "wall cheating" or something. God. It's not hard! Aim. Stand by corner wall. Wait. Guy approches. Move out at the appropriate time. Head shot. P90 in your face.

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
Anyway, why didn't we have a meet up this weekend? Lets make it a weekly thing, the best games are the ones with neogaf members

edit: It looks like Noz got the same thing from the same guy:lol
To be honest it completely slipped my mind, I haven't really been playing much MGO this week. Sorry gang :(

And yeah, same dude :lol

1stStrike said:
Well, I was hosting a game yesterday and a bunch of gaffers were on so it still worked out. No jason or noz though. We haven't had a purely gaff server in a while though.
Cool, need to post that kind thing though

Edit: since being tricked into logging on earlier, I'm completely back in the saddle. Went from being unable to kill anyone a few days ago to dominating everyone again. Good times :D

Ephemeris

1stStrike said:
Ho ho ho, look who only has 60 weapons. You're missing 9. The 10th can't be unlocked yet though D:

Only my third playthrough :p

I guess the colored grenades and the emo-mag that I didn't buy count? I had 60 before I got the Type-17 Pistol, the Thor 45-70, the long barrel desert eagle and the patriot from my TBE run.

Nozdeuce

KTallguy said:
Good matches Noz.
Damn though, I was tired tonight :p

I need to work on my lighting CQC maneuvers :p
That was a lot of fun, RPG whores are a good diversion :lol

Ephemeris said:
Only my third playthrough :p
Way to drop the ball, I had to do Pho3nix training myself :lol

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
ya, those were some good games, and thanks to you I learned that single fire totally owns :D
Can't stress enough how amazing single fire is, it's great too if you're already a really good player (like yourself) and end up living a long time. Great for conserving ammo. I didn't actually have the AR skill equipped at the time :(

Also I updated my profile with my Aim contact info, if anyone wants to yell at me in realtime, it's NozdeuceGAF

Edit: Also never roll, it never works, it doesn't help, I had to teach Ephemeris this the hard way. Just don't do it, it lines you up for a easy headshot.

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
Can't stress enough how amazing single fire is, it's great too if you're already a really good player (like yourself) and end up living a long time. Great for conserving ammo. I didn't actually have the AR skill equipped at the time :(

Also I updated my profile with my Aim contact info, if anyone wants to yell at me in realtime, it's NozdeuceGAF

Edit: Also never roll, it never works, it doesn't help, I had to teach Ephemeris this the hard way. Just don't do it, it lines you up for a easy headshot.
Ya it is great, now I won't run out of bullets after 4 kills. Anyway, is there a way to keep the gun on single fire or do I have to manually change it every time I spawn? As for rolling, your mostly right, but if they are crouching then rolling is a good idea as it knocks them down

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
Ya it is great, now I won't run out of bullets after 4 kills. Anyway, is there a way to keep the gun on single fire or do I have to manually change it every time I spawn? As for rolling, your mostly right, but if they are crouching then rolling is a good idea as it knocks them down
Not that I know of :( It's looking like Wesker is a total convert too.

As for rolling, if someone has the drop on you in anyway and you don't know where they are, it just goes poorly, your crouching thing is valid. But in general rolling as a dodge is very fatal, better to hit X + Backwards while aiming to juke back.

Edit: Haha, our good friend Ecua isn't so tough after I replied with some quality Han Solo diplomacy, he's now trying to justify his angry mails :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, the colored grenades count. You should've bought all that stuff on your 2nd play through! Do you have the solar gun? Cause that counts too.

Also, don't forget about left/right and x to do a side roll. That's better than forward rolling if you have someone shooting at you. Just, make sure when you do it you're going around a corner and not landing in the middle of the street where they can still get a shot at you.

If someone throws you on the ground and is about to knife you, instead of getting up and crouching, try rolling away from them instead. If you're lucky, they'll miss and you can then get up and have a chance at them (or just shoot them from the ground if you're good like that). That's saved my life quite a few times.

Nozdeuce

Paging 1stStrike, I know you're a lot more active around the MGO boards than I am.

This was in my MGO mail. Any idea what this is about?

BleuSnake said:
would you like your clan to be apart of the group of InterConnected clans? i have formed a group of All Mgo clans to unify the MGO experience.if you join you will be connected to ALL mgo leaders, and invited to the ICA leader meeting

I asked for more info and was provided with the following:
we are an InterConnected group of Clans dedicated to the growth and development of a supportive Clan community. if your clan joins you will be able to communicate with every clan leader in MGO and u will have the support of every MGO clan leader
you will recieve Support from every MGO clan
a seat at the ICA Clan council table
Easier GB settings
and more power as a clan

While I like the idea of getting away from the peasantry, and more power. I don't like how I'm waiting for the send the Nigerian Prince X amount of money!

Nozdeuce said:
Not that I know of :( It's looking like Wesker is a total convert too.

As for rolling, if someone has the drop on you in anyway and you don't know where they are, it just goes poorly, your crouching thing is valid. But in general rolling as a dodge is very fatal, better to hit X + Backwards while aiming to juke back.

Edit: Haha, our good friend Ecua isn't so tough after I replied with some quality Han Solo diplomacy, he's now trying to justify his angry mails :lol

I have been shown the light. Single fire is insane, if you hit them near the head they get stuned and then its so easy to follow up. And you almost always hit exactly where you aim, which I cant say happens when you spray.

But yes you have to switch it after each death.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Paging 1stStrike, I know you're a lot more active around the MGO boards than I am.

This was in my MGO mail. Any idea what this is about?

I asked for more info and was provided with the following:

While I like the idea of getting away from the peasantry, and more power. I don't like how I'm waiting for the send the Nigerian Prince X amount of money!

Never heard of it. I'm not a clan leader so they would have no reason to contact me. Never seen a post about it either.

However, there's a lot of kiddies on the boards over there that think they're the shit. I bet you there's like 4 clan leaders in it and they're just going down the top 10 trying to recruit people. I'm sure they've spammed every clan leader with that as well.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I would request more info such as a list of clans that are members so far and all that good stuff. Make sure you just don't hop int some dumb shit for no reason.

"Woo we're the interconnectary...hey where'd everyone go?"

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Never heard of it. I'm not a clan leader so they would have no reason to contact me. Never seen a post about it either.
Saw that coming, I'll have to ask them what other clans are involved for our own amusement then :lol

Also I've made a huge mistake by turning Wesker onto single fire. Within a few days he'll be completely unkillable
he beat me twice in a 1on1 earlier

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Saw that coming, I'll have to ask them what other clans are involved for our own amusement then :lol

Also I've made a huge mistake by turning Wesker onto single fire. Within a few days he'll be completely unkillable
he beat me twice in a 1on1 earlier

I don't care how good of a shot you are. You can't kill me if you can't see me or I lay you down with my stun knife first :p

However, outside of my haven (tsne) I'm sure he'd probably destroy me.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I don't care how good of a shot you are. You can't kill me if you can't see me or I lay you down with my stun knife first :p

However, outside of my haven (tsne) I'm sure he'd probably destroy me.
You and your god damn invis :lol

When we played I think I surprised him by how un-stealthy I am :D

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:

I still remember that. Elle. Oh. Elle. I COULDN'T HELP IT. Instincts said "ROLL TO SAFETY" despite my knowing better :lol

Noz: lol, try not to roll..
Me: yeah, yeah. I got it.
*continues to roll 3 more times with death following subsequently*
Noz: . . .

1stStrike said:
Yea, the colored grenades count. You should've bought all that stuff on your 2nd play through! Do you have the solar gun? Cause that counts too.
Yeah, got the solar on my 1st playthrough. I bought the emo bullets for my TBE run but totally forgot to get the other stuff on my 2nd run.

Nozdeuce said:

Real Men Sneak Moar. :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
Nozdeuce said:
Europe
NeoGAF:BeeUnit (temporarily?) closed
NeoGAF:WaspUnit NOW ACCEPTING

Beeunit closed? argh, I just applied yesterday :(

I´ll apply for wasp today then, clan leader accept me! GameID: Itxaka

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:

Oh yea. I thought noz would destroy everyone in tsne when it first came out. I was like..tranq pistol and invis..that should be his calling.

Boy, was I wrong :p

Edit: For some crazy reason I can't reply to the topic right now..cause the page is giving IE some error and the reply button isn't coming up O_O but it comes up in all the other topics....

Oh and I'd make fun of you regardless, noz :p

Edit Edit: I started a chicken emblem run on big boss hard in single player that i'll complete one of these days. I've already beaten the game on every other difficulty so I might as well do one on big boss hard too to complete the package. Oh and I'd love to take you on, jason. I've gotten even better since we last played so I might give you a run for your money assuming my team isn't special ed :p

I'm finding I care less and less about the top 10 but..lol damn people have a lot of free time. People I've never seen before are suddenly in the top 10 and right below me. Though, I know I'm still better than most of them.

However, I really need to get NARC to lvl 3. That skill is so awesome. I was playing with J-Man the other day and he had lvl 3 NARC on and was owning all the guys on the sneaking team cause as soon as they aimed at him they were getting highlighted. It's sooo close to lvl 3 but it's taking FOREVER. It barely moves. I might have to go do some TDM or something to get it to 3 D:

Ugh, I haven't been able to play for 4 days now I think. My ISP is fucking me over again and I keep getting disconnected every 5 minutes and it wont let me login to MGO's servers even when I last for 30 minutes without getting disconnected.

I miss this game already. ;(

todahawk

i'm still alive, what'd i miss? i see the new content is coming soon.

noz, any spots open yet for the merger? i got some shit at home i'm dealing with, i haven't touched the thing in about a week. should be on soon. not tonight, maybe tomorrow. i miss the gang :(

Ephemeris

Hmm. Not sure if I should come back to MGO just yet. Still wondering if to do my TBC (The Boss Chicken) run for the lulz. All those sneaking skills down the drain. I really want to go against 1st in TSNE though o_O

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Oh yea. I thought noz would destroy everyone in tsne when it first came out. I was like..tranq pistol and invis..that should be his calling.

Boy, was I wrong :p
:( I'm only good at not holding back and bludgeoning really hard, but then you yell and make fun of me if I do :(

greenjerk said:
i'm still alive, what'd i miss? i see the new content is coming soon.

noz, any spots open yet for the merger? i got some shit at home i'm dealing with, i haven't touched the thing in about a week. should be on soon. not tonight, maybe tomorrow. i miss the gang :(
Uhhh..nothing?

I guess 3, I'm not going to kick people until Ephemeris gets the urge to
e
merge

Zyzyxxz

yay I finally got Blades lv.2

what should I do for my skills if I wanna get to knife lv3 fastest?

I was thinking either Runner lv.2 + Blades lv.2

or

Blades lv.2 + CQC lv.1 + Runner Lv.1

1stStrike

Banned
Play lots of team sneak on the sneaking side and go with run 2 and knives 2. It went up pretty quick for me.

Also, looks like metal gear is taking a back seat today with all the megaton E3 announcements :p

Indeed

Zyzyxxz said:
yay I finally got Blades lv.2

what should I do for my skills if I wanna get to knife lv3 fastest?

I was thinking either Runner lv.2 + Blades lv.2

or

Blades lv.2 + CQC lv.1 + Runner Lv.1

Runner 2. You dont need CQC1 to throw an enemy to the ground so theres no reason to use cqc.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Also, looks like metal gear is taking a back seat today with all the megaton E3 announcements :p
Your glorious leader will accept any and all bitter tears, the hate makes me stronger

I know the MGO crew are scattered all over trying to fly the flags of hope and glory, god speed gentlemen

Top Bottom