• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

SumGamer

Will we know if the expansion is actually region free?
I'm not even sure which reion of the game I'm playing. I got Asia MGS4 but I notice that the Online News is pretty much worldwide.So I really have no idea if I should buy the US expansion or not.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
SumGamer said:
Will we know if the expansion is actually region free?
I'm not even sure which reion of the game I'm playing. I got Asia MGS4 but I notice that the Online News is pretty much worldwide.So I really have no idea if I should buy the US expansion or not.
It'll most likely be locked to your Konami ID/Game ID just like the other MGO DLC is locked to your KID/GID. Do you use a Hong Kong Konami ID/Game ID to log on or a US KID/GID? Also, what server are you connected to, US or JP? I'm pretty sure the Gene Pack will be included in 1.10 patch, but will only be unlocked when you log on to the server with a authorized Game ID, i.e. a Game ID linked to a Konami ID that has purchased the pack.

web01

How long until the the server maintenance is over on the PAL servers im in Australia and not familar with BST time.

edit: nevermind

SumGamer

Killthee said:
It'll most likely be locked to your Konami ID/Game ID just like the other MGO DLC is locked to your KID/GID. Do you use a Hong Kong Konami ID/Game ID to log on or a US KID/GID? Also, what server are you connected to, US or JP? I'm pretty sure the Gene Pack will be included in 1.10 patch, but will only be unlocked when you log on to the server with a authorized Game ID, i.e. a Game ID linked to a Konami ID that has purchased the pack.

Hmm not sure if I entirely understand that. I'm sure I loked on to US server, since I occasionally seeing GAF game in Rosemary. I have one Konami ID I registered inside the game. Is there anyway to tell? This is really confusing.

Facism

Indeed, being clan honcho and all, can we get some scheduled practice? I only ever see the same 5 faces from Wasp Unit, the rest of them either don't play much or are on when i'm not. Would love to put some of the advice and strategy uncle Dun provided to real use :D

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1.10 Patch Notes

MGO Ver. 1.10 Update Information
Ver.1.10 Update information

GENE EXPANSION VERSION CHANGES
Additional Unique Characters
Meryl and Johnny have been added.

Additional Female Character
You can create a female character from 8 different face and voice templates.
Please note: you cannot change the gender of existing characters.

Additional new maps
"Coppertown Conflict", "Tomb of Tubes" and "Virtuous Vista" have been added

Additional new rule "Survival Mode" has been added. Join up with up to 5 other players in one team and face danger!
This mode is available on fridays, saturdays and sundays.

Update information: changes for all versions

Reward shop has opened it's doors!
The reward shop has been implemented. Now you can exchange reward points for gear.

Additional clan room
Dedicated clan rooms can now be created

Additional information about SOP
You can now see traps set by teammates through SOP.

Additional new Skill:
2 kinds of skill have been added.
"Box Move" accelerates movement speed when you are hiding in a box.
"Quick Recovery" the speed of recovery when helping a teammate has been increased.

Change of weapon specification
Custom parts of M870 Datsite, Scope has been added
The number of bullets of the P90 has been changed from 300 to 250.
The range of hand gun's AUTO AIM has been changed from 15M to 10M.
The range of Assalt Rifle's AUTO AIM has been changed from 5M to 7M.
Adjusted the specs of Shotgun's AUTO AIM
Changed MK17 3000DP to 2500DP.
Changed XM8'DP from 4000DP to 3500DP.
Changed G3A3's DP from 4000DP to 5000DP.
Changed M14 EBR's DP from 750DP to 3000DP.
Changed M870 from 1000DP to 750DP.
Changed SLUG bullet from 5000DP to 2000DP.
Changed V.RING bullet from 3000DP to 2000DP.
Changed E.LOCATER from 750DP to1500DP.
Adjusted the range of Stun Knife's electric shock attack.

Bigger inbox!
You can keep up to 32 mails (up from 16 mails).

Results screen has been modified
"Game Play Option" category has been added
Back ground music volume setting has been added
"Individual battle score" category has been added
Weapon information has been added.
"Snake" "Metal Gear Mk.II", "Meryl" and "Jonny" have been added
*"Meryl" and "Jonny" can only be found in the "GENE EXPANSION"
*If you train using "Metal Gear Mk.II" or "Jonny", traps will have been set in the stage.

Killthee

SumGamer said:
Hmm not sure if I entirely understand that. I'm sure I loked on to US server, since I occasionally seeing GAF game in Rosemary. I have one Konami ID I registered inside the game. Is there anyway to tell? This is really confusing.
You can check what country you Konami ID/Game ID is tied to by visiting the Konami ID Portal -> Log on with your Konami ID -> click on the View/Edit Registered Info.

I think you're under the impression that MGO DLC is going to be posted on the PS Store and will work like other DLC, i.e. locked to the region purchased from because different regions have different SKU's and DLC is saved to a folder named after the SKU. I'm under the impression that MGO is going to download the GENE Expansion no matter whether or not you've purchased it or the region of the disc because the expansion will be included in the patch. Access to the expansion will depend on whether or not your Konami ID has purchased the content from the Online Shop (the MGO Shop in the MGO Site). If you've purchased it the log on server will put your Game ID on a allow use list for the content (just like it does for the Codec Pack and the extra character slots), if you haven't purchased it, it'll be locked.

I'm guessing if the Asian version connects to the U.S. servers and you use a U.S. Konami ID to log on to the server that you'll have no problems buying the content with your U.S. Konami ID because you'll have the content downloaded (should be included in the patch) and because the MGO log on server will authorize your Game ID to access the content.

Wow I didnt expect to be on the merger list. Ill be playing more once the Gene expansion comes out.

Does anyone have a bigger pic of the mgo cover art?

Nozdeuce

GeneralIroh said:
Wow I didnt expect to be on the merger list. Ill be playing more once the Gene expansion comes out.

Does anyone have a bigger pic of the mgo cover art?
Sorry, but what's your ingame character name? :lol

Zyzyxxz said:
nope, damn the wait is killing me.

I can't wait to see how the price increase for the M14 changes the way people play.

Eh it just changes what weapon I start with, once I get enough for M4 I am set, no need for anything else.

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Eh it just changes what weapon I start with, once I get enough for M4 I am set, no need for anything else.
You and your single fire :(

Nozdeuce said:
Sorry, but what's your ingame character name? :lol

I am Covertshinobi. :D

I'm glad they've decided to increase the price for the m14 because its such a devastating weapon and so many people get it way too early.

I still wish they made the shotgun rounds cheaper but its a good start. I would love to see a red dot attachment for the shotgun like in singleplayer.

I just hope they add in the emotional rounds and mp7 in the future.

Zyzyxxz

GeneralIroh said:
I am Covertshinobi. :D

I'm glad they've decided to increase the price for the m14 because its such a devastating weapon and so many people get it way too early.

I still wish they made the shotgun rounds cheaper but its a good start. I would love to see a red dot attachment for the shotgun like in singleplayer.

I just hope they add in the emotional rounds and mp7 in the future.

I wished they added a MGL-140 into the game bwahaha! Stun Grenade bombardment!

Darkpen

Banned
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/metal-gear-online-championship-at-tgs

Metal Gear Online Championship at TGS

During today's E3 press conference, Konami Digital Entertainment announced the details of the Metal Gear Online World Championship 2008, which will take place at Tokyo Game Show in October.

The competition is open to the best players in North America, Europe, Japan and Greater Asia. Top teams from regional championships in all four territories will receive all expenses paid trips to the finals in Tokyo, Japan.

Konami will kick off the event by hosting an exhibition tournament at the San Diego ComiCon next week, with details on the regional championships to be announced at a later date.

The company also announced that two MGOnline expansion packs - Gene Expansion and Gene Expansion Plus - will be available for download on July 17 for USD 11.99 and 14.99, respectively.

Three new maps, two special characters (Meryl Silverburgh and Johnny Akiba), a survival mode and a customisable female character will be part of the Gene Expansion. The "Plus" edition includes an extra character slot.

Konami also announced that it will launch MGOnline Reward Points and an in-game shop as a free download on the same day that it releases the expansion packs. Players will be able to obtain points through various means - performance level of their character, filling out questionnaires, winning tournaments - which they can use to purchase character clothing, head gear, body armor and gear at the Reward Shop.

D:

D:

D:

Wat??

OKAY, ITS GO-TIME. I AM SERIOUSLY GONNA START PLAYING MGO :mad: And maybe try to get to comicon...? :( Isn't trying to get in there alone a shit load of money? D:

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
$12!!!!

YES!!!!

EDIT: It is all expense trip to TGS. Damn that is sweet. Must get into the gaf squad.
Done

probably? No idea 1)if we'd be involved 2)how we'd choose members

carlos

Can someone who buys the expansion let me know if it is downloadable to multiple ps3's?

Not that I'm planning on sharing, but I have two ps3's, and it would be retarded if they somehow limited it to one dl per 11.99

(I don't think they would, but I wouldn't put it past them either...

Killthee

Ilparazzo said:
EDIT: What's all this mean:

"Snake" "Metal Gear Mk.II", "Meryl" and "Jonny" have been added
*"Meryl" and "Jonny" can only be found in the "GENE EXPANSION"
*If you train using "Metal Gear Mk.II" or "Jonny", traps will have been set in the stage.
I think it means they've added a training mode for the unique characters.

Has this been posted?

Additional new rule "Survival Mode" has been added. Join up with up to 5 other players in one team and face danger!
This mode is available on fridays, saturdays and sundays.

carlos said:
Can someone who buys the expansion let me know if it is downloadable to multiple ps3's?

Not that I'm planning on sharing, but I have two ps3's, and it would be retarded if they somehow limited it to one dl per 11.99

(I don't think they would, but I wouldn't put it past them either...
It sounds like it's going to be included in the 1.10 patch and will be unlocked when a Game ID that is authorized to use it, i.e. a Gamer ID tied to a Konami ID that purchased the content, logs on to MGO. The codec pack works the same way, everyone has the codecs in their disc/install, but only people who purchase it get access to it.

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
so wait, I'm confused, we're merging clans, I take it? D: What about me? D:
If you stop being a little bitch and start playing more you'll be fine, we'd be moving people into the clan your already in. The important part is not getting moved out.

I'm a dictator, so your fine as a legacy member/Kojipro tourny member

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
WTF is with the weekend thing???
Get on and start dling the update, we can discuss weekend thing during DL

Edit: Darkpen, wanna shoot me a PSN invite? I'm Nozdeuce

Darkpen

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
If you stop being a little bitch and start playing more you'll be fine, we'd be moving people into the clan your already in. The important part is not getting moved out.

I'm a dictator, so your fine as a legacy member/Kojipro tourny member
ur hur hur :D

Downloading update now D:

Nozdeuce said:
Get on and start dling the update, we can discuss weekend thing during DL

Edit: Darkpen, wanna shoot me a PSN invite? I'm Nozdeuce
okay D: I'm Darkpen on psn D:

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Too late already... its 4am.

Good night, see you guys on tomorrow.
Way to have the worst timing. Later :(

Darkpen said:
we should do like a chat conference thing, since PSN supports that, yet no one uses it.
Chat conference? Sounds good, but I'm a horrible person and still need to get a mic.

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
We should all pick up an Eyetoy for PS3 D:
I guess that would have to do, until the official Sony branded headset...right mr Tretton?

Edit: According to 1stStrike we can log into the community site and spend our reward points right now

Zyzyxxz

Darkpen said:
We should all pick up an Eyetoy for PS3 D:

You can always buy that card game for PS3 which comes with a camera.

Its price has be reduced to $30 at Walmart stores across the country.

carlos

Killthee said:
It sounds like it's going to be included in the 1.10 patch and will be unlocked when a Game ID that is authorized to use it, i.e. a Gamer ID tied to a Konami ID that purchased the content, logs on to MGO. The codec pack works the same way, everyone has the codecs in their disc/install, but only people who purchase it get access to it.

So lets say, my brother, who uses a character of his on the second ps3 (with the same mgs4 disc), wouldn't be able to play unless 2 expansions were bought...that kinda really sucks...

Still undecided on whether to buy or not...let's see how it fragments the userbase...

Zyzyxxz

Darkpen said:
are you serious? D:

yeah I'm thinking about getting it but I don't really wanna get sucked into a card game again like I was with Magic the Gathering also its very easy to cheat in the game so unless there are enough gaffers playing I might just get it for the camera and sell the game and cards.

Killthee

carlos said:
So lets say, my brother, who uses a character of his on the second ps3 (with the same mgs4 disc), wouldn't be able to play unless 2 expansions were bought...that kinda really sucks...

Still undecided on whether to buy or not...let's see how it fragments the userbase...
If he uses the same Game ID to log on he can use it, if it's a different ID then no, I wouldn't count on it working.

Darkpen

Banned
was that price cut at walmarts a temporary thing, because according to the website, Eye of Judgement is at its normal price, while the PS eye is at $32.82, and unlike Target, I'm pretty sure Walmart's online price matches their in-store price.

Nozdeuce

Gene Expansion Pack $11.99 USD: Includes three new maps, two special characters (Meryl Silverburgh and Johnny Akiba), a survival mode and a customisable female character

Gene Expansion Plus $14.99 USD: Includes the above as well as an additional character slot.

Zyzyxxz

Darkpen said:
was that price cut at walmarts a temporary thing, because according to the website, Eye of Judgement is at its normal price, while the PS eye is at $32.82, and unlike Target, I'm pretty sure Walmart's online price matches their in-store price.

I dont think so.

Well hurry up and go check either way.

heres the thread from our friends at CAG

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189756

The stickers should say 69.99 but it should ring up 29.99

Top Bottom