• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Oni Jazar said:
FYI username: Jazar. Currently in Fox unit. I'm still alive and play every day. Just bought the expansion pack before going to bed.

Metalmurphy said:
Pfft, I was left out :(

I've been to almost all GAF games did pretty well on them, I think that's a good Active time/skill ratio. :D
Both of you apply to the main clan. You both made the list :lol

Indeed, so your internet service is wireless? Sounds like you're screwed :(

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Lol.. I was just playing a capture game.. I had 10000+ monies so I bought the SOP thingy.. Sneaked to the enemy base and used it. They were all being zombies while we captured all the bases :D. NOT killing them off course.. That would be mean.

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Both of you apply to the main clan. You both made the list :lol

Indeed, so your internet service is wireless? Sounds like you're screwed :(

Well i get my internet via a wireless router yes. Our connection is per dsl of course.

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
Well i get my internet via a wireless router yes. Our connection is per dsl of course.
soo turn on PS3 media sharing and download/dump the 1up show into a network shared folder?

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
how do i do that?

<<-- total ps3 n000borz
Under internet settings at the bottom is PS3 media server or something. Turn that on. Then back under video you should see your computer listed, click on it and rifle through the menu until you find your folder/content

Edit: see if you can hitup this link and this one too

Flo_Evans

woohoo I was feeling the johnny love last night. :lol He is awesome with assault rifles. IDK if it is comparable to lvl.3 skill (I've been leveling SMG and handgun) or if the XM8 is just more bad ass now. Maybe it was always bad ass (I kind of preferred the M4 before). Disarming traps with the arm computer is bad ass too. Wasn't liking Meryl as much as I thought I would but maybe I just need to adjust my playstyle.

I still think the game excels at low numbers. The maps are a wee bit small for full 8x8 battles, personally 2 on 2 is much more fun and tense than 16 people running around like crazy like chickens with their heads cut off.

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Under internet settings at the bottom is PS3 media server or something. Turn that on. Then back under video you should see your computer listed, click on it and rifle through the menu until you find your folder/content

Edit: see if you can hitup this link and this one too

I did it :D All i had to do was turn Media Sharing on at my PC. Thanks a lot Mr Uncharted!

Indeed

Okay I can now access my Laptop and PC via my PS3. But my problems are that i can only find "sample music" and "sample videos" in my ps3. You know the usual tunes and videosamples that ship with every version of windows. If I put movies or music in these folders my ps3 can access them too but id like to simply share them directly. If i enable sharing of my music / movie folder my ps3 cant find them. Also it sucks that the ps3 cant read .mov files.

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
Okay I can now access my Laptop and PC via my PS3. But my problems are that i can only find "sample music" and "sample videos" in my ps3. You know the usual tunes and videosamples that ship with every version of windows. If I put movies or music in these folders my ps3 can access them too but id like to simply share them directly. If i enable sharing of my music / movie folder my ps3 cant find them. Also it sucks that the ps3 cant read .mov files.
Should be able to to find your dedicated media folders, under video/music/pictures on your PS3, try refreshing media sources (triangle i think?)

KTallguy said:
Looks like you guys are in a game.. but it's full ;(
Someone will probably leave soon, these people are getting wrecked :lol

panda21

johnny is fucking annoying

the M82A on the other hand is incredibly good fun. you dont really need to aim properly just shoot over the shoulder and watch them go flying backwards lol

some spawn point run and gun types were pissing me off (they run to your teams spawn point and then run around like mad nailing people with their M4... ) retribution was dealt : D

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Should be able to to find your dedicated media folders, under video/music/pictures on your PS3, try refreshing media sources (triangle i think?)

Nope. Still can only find movies and mp3s that are in my "public" folders. Too bad the public folder is on my windows partition and its only 20gigs big. I cant just put all my music and movies in there.
Shared folders arent recognized by the ps3. =/

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
Nope. Still can only find movies and mp3s that are in my "public" folders. Too bad the public folder is on my windows partition and its only 20gigs big. I cant just put all my music and movies in there.
Shared folders arent recognized by the ps3. =/
Have you tried the universal fix-all of turning things off/on?
Err what are you using to manage your shared content via the PC? If you're using something like Windows Media Connect you have to specify which devices you want to share individual folders with.

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Have you tried the universal fix-all of turning things off/on?
Err what are you using to manage your shared content via the PC? If you're using something like Windows Media Connect you have to specify which devices you want to share individual folders with.

Im using rightclick -> share -> share (vista)

Rebooting ps3 now!

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
Im using rightclick -> share -> share (vista)

Rebooting ps3 now!
Go through windows media player then. Crack that open, click the drop down arrow under Library -> Add to Library -> add your dedicated folders. Then on the same drop down again go to Media Sharing and set it so you allow your PS3 to see stuff.

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Go through windows media player then. Crack that open, click the drop down arrow under Library -> Add to Library -> add your dedicated folders. Then on the same drop down again go to Media Sharing and set it so you allow your PS3 to see stuff.

dazed808 said:
If that doesn't work try using importing all you stuff into the Windows Media Player Library and set the sharing up on that and your ps3 should see all of it under Media Server - well that's my setup anyways
Link with better explanation - http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3media&thread.id=47608

Everything works perfectly now. Thanks ;D

My god the new maps are incredible!!

:lol at Jonny's fart gas attack. I love how he has no sop. So many awesome touches.

So worth it, get the expansion.

Nozdeuce

SpiderJerusalem said:
I still play I just don't post, ah well. Usually no ones on mid day it seems. :/
Give us a few days to get the transition sorted out, if you are still active there will probably be some room.

Nozdeuce

NA Neogaf game tomorrow 4pm est?

with someone other than me me hosting :(

Guled

Nozdeuce said:

I can't make it
blame batman
. But is anyone going to make be playing latter tonight?

Nozdeuce said:

Waiting in line already. Do we all have the maps already, I want it to be all new maps, or close to all new maps. I am wireless, me hosting is not a good idea.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nozdeuce said:

Sounds good to me, it also seems like 1stStrike is throwing a GENE TSNE server tonight at 7:30 PDT (2 hours from now).

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
My god the new maps are incredible!!

:lol at Jonny's fart gas attack. I love how he has no sop. So many awesome touches.

So worth it, get the expansion.

In addition to that, I noticed when I chat (and I do that alot since my mic is rarely charged when I need it) Akiba fiddles/types with the chatpad on his wrist.:lol

Guled

Ephemeris said:
In addition to that, I noticed when I chat (and I do that alot since my mic is rarely charged when I need it) Akiba fiddles/types with the chatpad on his wrist.:lol
thats awesome, Akiba is by far the best character you can play as. Also, every time Akiba and Maryl kill each other, they yell each other names. And, the XBM compact is the best weapon in the game and his sniper rifle is mostly a 1 hit kill anywhere in the body.

Guled said:
thats awesome, Akiba is by far the best character you can play as. Also, every time Akiba and Maryl kill each other, they yell each other names. And, the BM compact is the best weapon in the game and his sniper rifle is mostly a 1 hit kill anywhere in the body.

BM compact, what?

Nozdeuce said:
My guess is the XM8 Compact

Is that an exclusive weapon? I only played for like an hour and even then only played as Akiba once, I still need to get to learn all the new stuff about these characters.

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Is that an exclusive weapon? I only played for like an hour and even then only played as Akiba once, I still need to get to learn all the new stuff about these characters.
Yes, the XM8 Compact and the M82 sniper rifle are both exclusive to Johnny. Meryl gets her long barrel desert eagle w/scope

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
soooo I took like a week off, and I see there's an expansion ($12, wtf konami). Is this going to be necessary to play in the GAF games?

Nozdeuce said:
Yes, the XM8 Compact and the M82 sniper rifle are both exclusive to Johnny. Meryl gets her long barrel desert eagle w/scope

I really should pay attention to the weapon list, I just go straight for the M4. :lol

Nozdeuce

alr1ghtstart said:
soooo I took like a week off, and I see there's an expansion ($12, wtf konami). Is this going to be necessary to play in the GAF games?
Probably, at least for the first little bit while it's all still fresh and new. If you yell loud enough here we'd probably be willing to do old maps with you (frankly I dislike 2/3 new maps) so it'd work for me :lol

MiamiWesker said:
I really should pay attention to the weapon list, I just go straight for the M4. :lol
Amen to that

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
Probably, at least for the first little bit while it's all still fresh and new. If you yell loud enough here we'd probably be willing to do old maps with you (frankly I dislike 2/3 new maps) so it'd work for me :lol
which ones, I really like them all (C.C is the best map in the game)

Top Bottom