• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Shalashaska_BR said:
I need some help. I live in Brazil and can't buy the expansion. Is anyone willing to help me by buying it for me? Please. I'll pay of course.

If anyone can help me, please send me a PM!

Also, feel free to add me, both on PSN and MGO: ShalashaskaBR

Thanks!
So, is anyone willing to help me now that the MGO Shop is stable? I'll pay in advance through PayPal. I'll even pay more than the actual price if someone help me on this!

Ilparazzo

Shalashaska_BR said:
So, is anyone willing to help me now that the MGO Shop is stable? I'll pay in advance through PayPal. I'll even pay more than the actual price if someone help me on this!

Wow, you are really desperate O_O, I'd help you but I don't know if I can use my "card" to buy it.

Facism

gg Indeed and Bovo.

Wrecked that opposing team in that Capture mission like a posh drunk teenage girl. Indeed went in dry D:

Daddy wouldn't be proud D:

Indeed

Facism said:
Indeed went in dry D::

Indeed I did. Too bad I got disconnected again =/

Also do you think its possible to get your mic up to date in terms of "i can understand you"?
When you were the only one talking I was able to understand you but when mike85 talked everything went crazy :O

Facism

Indeed said:
Indeed I did. Too bad I got disconnected again =/

Also do you think its possible to get your mic up to date in terms of "i can understand you"?
When you were the only one talking I was able to understand you but when mike85 talked everything went crazy :O

he had his mic recognition up max and was picking me up through his speakers, causing some loss in clarity when it repeated over my speech :/

shame MGO voicechat sucks a fat fistula.

Indeed

Facism said:
he had his mic recognition up max and was picking me up through his speakers, causing some loss in clarity when it repeated over my speech :/

shame MGO voicechat sucks a fat fistula.

So what if we use the PSNFriendSystem Chat thingy? Does it work in game? And well if nothing works we could just use a normal voiceserver via pc. Works clearly you can talk even when youre dead and I have a freaking headset for that :p

LowParry

I haven't had much use for the mic because of how I use my codec warnings and what not. If people pay attention to them, they'll see I'm right ;)

Indeed

CcrooK said:
I haven't had much use for the mic because of how I use my codec warnings and what not. If people pay attention to them, they'll see I'm right ;)

True codec messages work. Although ive died a few times already trying to press select up right fast enough. I fail at multitasking / buttonpressing.

Just speaking or screaming is easier :D

edit:

Total Posts: 328 (1.00 posts per day)
Find all posts by Indeed
Find all threads started by Indeed

wooooo 1 post per day. :O

bovo

Facism said:
gg Indeed and Bovo.

I actually managed to play fairly decently for a change - goes some way to making up for the previous nights disastrous sneaking mission, which fortunately only Steroyd was there to witness...

Enjoyed the UU Rescue mission too - although I think that was more due to the other teams predictable route toward the goal, seeing as I never did find out where the target was as the attacking team :lol

Facism

you're game winning dive in U.U that handed us a 4-2 victory was great. I got brapped bring the target back, you picked it up after getting the bastard who gooched me, and just made it into the area with 1 pixel of hp left from that cunt who got shot, but wouldn't lose hp :/

Indeed

Facism said:
you're game winning dive in U.U that handed us a 4-2 victory was great. I got brapped bring the target back, you picked it up after getting the bastard who gooched me, and just made it into the area with 1 pixel of hp left from that cunt who got shot, but wouldn't lose hp :/

ROIDRAGE?

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
True codec messages work. Although ive died a few times already trying to press select up right fast enough. I fail at multitasking / buttonpressing.

Just do what I do, walk around with the "we got trouble" one ready to go with a simple press of the right button.

Man, this week has been sucking hard, I've only played with you guys like once, I'm starting to feel left out...

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Just do what I do, walk around with the "we got trouble" one ready to go with a simple press of the right button.

Man, this week has been sucking hard, I've only played with you guys like once, I'm starting to feel left out...

Isnt it possible to map Codec Messages to F1-F12 on the keyboard? You can definitly map messages to these buttons and i think punching in things like <LOL> should create the corresponding codec message aswell.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Isnt it possible to map Codec Messages to F1-F12 on the keyboard? You can definitly map messages to these buttons and i think punching in things like <LOL> should create the corresponding codec message aswell.

I think you can, in the gameplay options menu.

EDIT: OMG Metalmurphy, I just read this in a completely different thread about you having latino blood on you and comparing a certain woman to manuela moura guedes... You are one of those who live in the far west of europe by Nick Knight aren't you?

Facism

Indeed said:
ROIDRAGE?

that's the bugger. The ENG clanner. I layed shots into him and no hp loss, specced you and saw blood splatter when you hit him, but no hp loss :/

Probably just lag?

How many replies have you got back so far in regards to the clan game on sunday? I hope we've got enough for 5v5 :/ Most of the EU clan seems to be inactive, unlike the beta :(

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
that's the bugger. The ENG clanner. I layed shots into him and no hp loss, specced you and saw blood splatter when you hit him, but no hp loss :/

Probably just lag?

How many replies have you got back so far in regards to the clan game on sunday? I hope we've got enough for 5v5 :/ Most of the EU clan seems to be inactive, unlike the beta :(

I have seen that kind of people before, that's lag all the way. Oh, and be careful apparently there is a problem lately where some players will appear like they are stealthed to others, but in reality they are not. I've been kicked from a game because there was a single guy in my team who couldn't see me once but all the others could...

I haven't replied yet, since my weekend will be a bit crazy to say the least... I will try to show up but you shouldn't count me in since I have about a 60% chance of not being able to show up...

Indeed

Facism said:

Probably just lag?

Well Im plagued by disconnects and lag these days so maybe even I am to blame :O

I sent a MGOMail to every WaspMember so It shouldnt be a problem to round up 10 people. I still need a few responses though ;).

I haven't replied yet, since my weekend will be a bit crazy to say the least... I will try to show up but you shouldn't count me in since I have about a 60% chance of not being able to show up...

Well I just hope Sunday afternoon is a good time for everyone.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Metalmurphy said:
Just finished my last exam about 10 minutes ago. I'll start wasting money on overpriced expansions as soon as I get home :D
Good to have you back, be sure to apply to the main gaf clan :D

Zyzyxxz

shotgun time!

Anyway I have a question: whats the deal with slug shot for me?

It seems to me that it is more accurate meaning I have to aim properly and alot of the times when I shoot at midrange the enemy doesnt seem to get hurt.

It was pissing me off to no extent.

Nozdeuce

Zyzyxxz said:
shotgun time!

Anyway I have a question: whats the deal with slug shot for me?

It seems to me that it is more accurate meaning I have to aim properly and alot of the times when I shoot at midrange the enemy doesnt seem to get hurt.

It was pissing me off to no extent.
It is more accurate, you do have to aim more carefully. The upshot is that with slug rounds you can finally get headshots

itxaka

Defeatist
Indeed said:
Well I just hope Sunday afternoon is a good time for everyone.

Sunday afternoon clan game?

Count me in!

I will have to bring the ps3 to work and bear with the stupid dsl line we got here but it will be fine.

Ilparazzo said:
EDIT: OMG Metalmurphy, I just read this in a completely different thread about you having latino blood on you and comparing a certain woman to manuela moura guedes... You are one of those who live in the far west of europe by Nick Knight aren't you?
:lol

Well, I live in Portugal, but I don't remember the rest though, and I have no idea what Nick Knight is though :p

Nozdeuce: The main clan is VanillaGAF right?

Ilparazzo

Metalmurphy said:

Well, I live in Portugal, but I don't remember the rest though, and I have no idea what Nick Knight is though :p

Nozdeuce: The main clan is VanillaGAF right?

Tsk tsk tsk, lack of curiosity for the place you live in, I just said that because I had just watched a repeat of contra-informação and they always talk about the publicity stunts they pulled by using known portuguese names to let people know where we live and it was made by a guy named nick knight (shame we only seem to be known as the point that is westernmost in europe and the fact that Jose Mourinho was born here...).

BTW I completely agree with your 5/10 to that particular person, but manuela moura guedes? That's taking it far man...

Zyzyxxz said:
oh so with buck shot they dont count?

There are simply no headshots with the 00 buck, I remember back in the day when me and dave were shooting at each other trying to get headshots in MM and UU, the good old days ( I always got my ass handed to me though).

Also, slugs make sure you always take the same amount of health even if you are a bit far from the enemy.

Facism

Portugal is lovely :) Went there for holiday years ago, and down in the valley below the villa there was a farmer growing miles of Cannabis.

Zyzyxxz

hey guys I'm probably gonna be on anytime between 8-12PM PST tonight.

Haha I was playing with BigxBoss earlier and I camped that one dark alley of M.M. with a shotgun. I hope you didn't get frustrated from my cheap tactics but I am willing to do anything to get to lv.2 shotgun!

rikichi

Zyzyxxz said:
hey guys I'm probably gonna be on anytime between 8-12PM PST tonight.

Haha I was playing with BigxBoss earlier and I camped that one dark alley of M.M. with a shotgun. I hope you didn't get frustrated from my cheap tactics but I am willing to do anything to get to lv.2 shotgun!

its cool man.

in a way, its my fault, i shouldn't be going to the same damn place where i got killed.

but yeah, not bad with the shotgun dude.

Zyzyxxz

rikichi said:

its cool man.

in a way, its my fault, i shouldn't be going to the same damn place where i got killed.

but yeah, not bad with the shotgun dude.

alright next time get on my team so we can try to look cool and tactical by letting me go round a corner first with a shotgun just like the movies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Rolling IP for the shop is over:
t4u5qq.jpg

And more emergency maintenance:
mbizc2.jpg

Nozdeuce

Wow, was playing with a member from FoxUnit, had the title of Tsuchinoko - Rarely plays. Looks like an umbrella? :lol

Killthee

CcrooK said:
Oh oh, so reward points are working now?!
The reward shop is still down, hopefully it'll be back up after the emergency maintenance.

Reward points have been working since the patch went up (500 for every character created before the patch, 10 for every day you log on). The first Survival Weekend starts tomorrow :D

Nozdeuce

Uhh, do we know how Team Survival works? Any limit on number of teams from a given clan?

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus but my slightly random list would be:
Me
Ephemeris
Wesker
Ccrook
???
???

I really don't know, that's not a final list by any means. Just me thinking out loud, I really should have started the TS planning earlier.

Hopefully we can field more than one team/clan, a it is now we'll need a mix of skill and availability...I guess

Killthee said:
The reward shop is still down, hopefully it'll be back up after the emergency maintenance.

Reward points have been working since the patch went up (500 for every character created before the patch, 10 for every day you log on). The first Survival Weekend starts tomorrow :D

Wondering if any gaffers wanted to form up a squad for survival. Anyone? availability/time definitely plays a factor.

EDIT: takes forever to "type' " with a controller -_-

Killthee

Nozdeuce said:
Uhh, do we know how Team Survival works? Any limit on number of teams from a given clan?

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus but my slightly random list would be:
Me
Ephemeris
Wesker
Ccrook
???
???

I really don't know, that's not a final list by any means. Just me thinking out loud, I really should have started the TS planning earlier.

Hopefully we can field more than one team/clan, a it is now we'll need a mix of skill and availability...I guess
I didn't see any limit when I accessed the lobby last week. It sort of reminded me of the other lobbies in fact, but instead of join a game there was join a team and instead of create a game there was create a team. It seemed like once you had a team all set the lobby would matchmake an opposing team for you.

Assembly Required said:
Wondering if any gaffers wanted to form up a squad for survival. Anyone? availability/time definitely plays a factor.

EDIT: takes forever to "type' " with a controller -_-
I'm always up for a game, just promise you won't get mad when I'm the first to die ;_;

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:

Me
Ephemeris
Wesker
Ccrook
???
???

1stStrike added maybe? I'd just need to know a time of day and I'm there. Tomorrow's the day off!

Killthee

CcrooK said:
1stStrike added maybe? I'd just need to know a time of day and I'm there. Tomorrow's the day off!
If I'm not mistaken, the Survival Lobby is only open for matches between 18:00 - 22:00 PDT, Fri - Sun. GENE expansion purchase is required for access to the Lobby.

LowParry

Killthee said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Survival Lobby is only open for matches between 18:00 - 22:00 PDT, Fri - Sun. GENE expansion purchase is required for access to the Lobby.

Translate those times for me in EST please. I suck with those.

Killthee said:

Lame. Not much time.. hopefully I'll get a few survival games in this weekend.

Killthee

CcrooK said:
Translate those times for me in EST please. I suck with those.
9 P.M. to 1 A.M. It sounds kinda of late now that I think about : /

When I accessed the lobby last week there was a page with info on the matches that also mentioned something to the effect of "Time: 18:00 - 22:00 Fri Sat Sun". I assumed that meant matches could only be started during those times and I assumed the times were PDT because Konami uses PDT for the server maintenance times.

LowParry

Killthee said:
9 P.M. to 1 A.M. It sounds kinda of late now that I think about : /

When I accessed the lobby last week there was a page with info on the matches that also mentioned something to the effect of "Time: 18:00 - 22:00 Fri Sat Sun". I assumed that meant matches could only be started during those times and I assumed the times were PDT because Konami uses PDT for the server maintenance times.

I'm sure someone will confirm the times later. Sounds like I'll need to get in some early matchin then with the new maps and the likes. Man. Gonna be a freakin awesome weekend of MGO. Then next week Soul Calibur IV mayhem.

Nozdeuce

Thanks for all the info Killthee. 1stStrike was a really good idea, I've tasked Ephemeris with harassing him about it. Also Ephemeris wants to get in a practice of sorts sometime before showtime.

Edit: reward shop both up and updated

Top Bottom