• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
CcrooK said:
For the short while you could ;)
Bastards :(

alr1ghtstart said:
did they completely neuter the stun knife with the latest update? it's stun range is drastically reduced.
yeah you cant stun people after throwing them to the ground now, you have to aim it :( :)

davepoobond said:
ughhhhh i'm really sucking lately. whyyyyy
Thought you played really well at MM, sniped me a bunch of times. You even got me quite a few times during the sneaking game at AA when I was rolling everyone. I mostly sucked before and after though, we all have our good/bad times. Think Wesker, Jason, Downplay are a few of the really consistent people

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
davepoobond said:
ughhhhh i'm really sucking lately. whyyyyy
I think I sucked a little bit more, sorry Oni for TK'ing you twice in a matter of minutes... X_X

I blame TSNE. My natural suckage in MGO + focusing on TSNE since it came out = Panic & Mayhem when playing TDM or any fast paced round where SOP is useless. I need my SOP, I feel blind without it.....

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
I think I sucked a little bit more, sorry Oni for TK'ing you twice in a matter of minutes... X_X

I blame TSNE. My natural suckage in MGO + focusing on TSNE since it came out = Panic & Mayhem when playing TDM or any fast paced round where SOP is useless. I need my SOP, I feel blind without it.....
You using monomania? If not, no sympathy from me :lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Nozdeuce said:
Thought you played really well at MM, sniped me a bunch of times. You even got me quite a few times during the sneaking game at AA when I was rolling everyone. I mostly sucked before and after though, we all have our good/bad times. Think Wesker, Jason, Downplay are a few of the really consistent people

christ, i was thumping on my couch and screaming "WHYYYYYY" and lots of other phrases that i don't usually say because i was so frustrated. it seemed like you killed me 900 times. I think one time you killed me 4 times in the span of less than 3 minutes.

Nozdeuce

davepoobond said:
christ, i was thumping on my couch and screaming "WHYYYYYY" and lots of other phrases that i don't usually say because i was so frustrated. it seemed like you killed me 900 times. I think one time you killed me 4 times in the span of less than 3 minutes.
I could see me doing that :( I really was in the zone for that AA game, I'm sure even Wesker was pissed :lol

You definitely have the basics down, and you really are good with the sniper rifles. I don't mean to sound insulting, but since you're under 20 hours played, I'd suggest you use some of your remaining time in the beginner servers, use them while you can.

Don't get frustrated by playing against fellow gaf members though, we're a brutal lot. During the beta I survived about 3 days before giving up and quitting, I was horrible and couldn't even buy a kill. And well ..we know how that turned out now

Ilparazzo

BeeDog said:
Are you guys all Americanos? How many YuroGAF-ers are still playing this?

There are ZOUNDS of us!
is zounds an actual word?

But anyway, at least 8 of us are constantly playing, that would be me, Dave, Indeed, Dunpeal, Live-feed (although sometimes he is going nuts on PSN games or fifa), Mromson (although I haven't seen him lately), GonçaloCastro and Dazed, lately many others have become more active but some we don't actually see because they live on the island nation of australia or something like that.

EDIT: Tell me your Character's name I needs my list updating fix! Also, I forgot about Steroyd sorry mate :D

Ilparazzo

BeeDog said:
Alright guys, thanks for the answers. Will apply tomorrow.

My character name is the same as my nick :)

Ahhh, my thirst has been quenched, thank you.

I don't know about Indeed, but since I can't play today, I am here to help :D

I'm having exams till next week so I won't buy the expansion or play MGO till they end. But as soon as they end I'll apply to the clan and buy the expansion.

Nozdeuce

Metalmurphy said:
I'm having exams till next week so I won't buy the expansion or play MGO till they end. But as soon as they end I'll apply to the clan and buy the expansion.
Yay. Good luck! :D

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Nozdeuce said:
You definitely have the basics down, and you really are good with the sniper rifles. I don't mean to sound insulting, but since you're under 20 hours played, I'd suggest you use some of your remaining time in the beginner servers, use them while you can.

thanks. it seems like sniper is the only thing i have a good grasp on...but most of the matches with neogaf were just using the sniper in close-combat :p

i'm guessing you can only go to the beginner servers for the first 20 hours?

i dont know how many i have, i probably at least put 10 hours on over the weekend.

Nozdeuce

davepoobond said:
thanks. it seems like sniper is the only thing i have a good grasp on...but most of the matches with neogaf were just using the sniper in close-combat :p

i'm guessing you can only go to the beginner servers for the first 20 hours?

i dont know how many i have, i probably at least put 10 hours on over the weekend.
Being the quality estalker responsible glorious leader that I am, I pulled your stats before making my time comment. You have 13 hours and change. Yes, you can only play in the beginner servers for your first 20 hours.

This might sound crazy, but try going around in the beginner servers using a handgun as your weapon of choice. GSR or Tranq Pistol(mk 22), while using them to succeed you pretty much have to nail people in the head. Failing that idea, try using assault rifles with single fire (hold R2 and highlight the weapon then hit triangle to change firing modes, some have 3 so be careful) and try to aim for the head as much as possible.

At one point I became completely useless with the assault rifles and just started screwing around with handguns. Complaints in this thread soon followed, basically it helped me establish/get a better feel for nailing headshots. On the downside now when I'm engaging someone with very little health (like a shot anywhere would finish them) I more often than not drill them in the head :lol

At the very least practicing with handguns or single fire assault rifles will come full circle and help you no-scope headshot people with your sniper rifles better.

Edit: After checking my scoresheet of who to execute and who not to, it looks like you've put on 8 hours this weekend. MGO Estalking +1

Oni Jazar

Killthee said:

I started questioning your loyalty! :lol.

Good games. When Wesker and Noz are in one team and just me in the other I consider it a win if my pants aren't soiled. Sorry I couldn't play more in that session, lots of yard work to do. :(

Indeed

BeeDog said:
Alright guys, thanks for the answers. Will apply tomorrow.

My character name is the same as my nick :)

Not WaspDog ?!??!? lolololololol

ape.jpg

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
There are ZOUNDS of us!
is zounds an actual word?

Live-feed (although sometimes he is going nuts on PSN games or fifa)

:p

turkish cup champs for 3rd time running. Altintop and Bobo top scorers in THE WORLDDDZ.

decided to get a prepaid cc for expansion. gg total cost of expansion will be 13 quid after fees

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
:p

turkish cup champs for 3rd time running. Altintop and Bobo top scorers in THE WORLDDDZ.

decided to get a prepaid cc for expansion. gg total cost of expansion will be 13 quid after fees

I say pfff on your altintop and raise you a Cristiano Ronaldo and a Luca Toni.

Metalmurphy said:

Exams, my mortal enemies! Good luck fighting them my friend, god speed and such.

carlos

well, letting my cousin try out MGO dropped me from level 8 to 5...way to go konami for being so cheap with character slots...

and I probably won't get the expansion either because of the problems I mentioned a few pages back....

I've tried my best to keep playing for the clan, but perhaps I need a break....

LowParry

Got in some small time with some fellow Gaffers with the new maps. There's that outdoor one that's really hard to play on. Guess I just need to play it more often. Sniping heaven for sure there.

Awesome matches earlier and just now gaf, a lot of fun. Downplay, awesome playing with you.

Nozduece, yeah that AA match it felt like there were 20 of you, one for each corner I passed. Good job.

Just now I was in a match as Akiba, and got that armor piercing rifle, holy crap, insta death!!! Akiba forever!! Oh and I killed someone using the fart of death, someone was rocket launching a teamate, so I ran up next to her from behind, she got stuned and it was an easy kill from there.

Thanks to Nozduece for suggesting the one shot, I have no idea where I would be without it now. Its like I cant play without it. I finally got a tag, Eagle. Woo.

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Awesome matches earlier and just now gaf, a lot of fun. Downplay, awesome playing with you.

Nozduece, yeah that AA match it felt like there were 20 of you, one for each corner I passed. Good job.

Just now I was in a match as Akiba, and got that armor piercing rifle, holy crap, insta death!!! Akiba forever!! Oh and I killed someone using the fart of death, someone was rocket launching a teamate, so I ran up next to her from behind, she got stuned and it was an easy kill from there.

Thanks to Nozduece for suggesting the one shot, I have no idea where I would be without it now. Its like I cant play without it. I finally got a tag, Eagle. Woo.
Thanks. You, Jason and me need to go raid some random server sometime and ruin people's day/night. Whenever we play straight up GAF we're always against each other, which is good. You vs Me is always an interesting competition. You coming out from around every hole in the wall on MM drove me insane, it sucked since it was either get jumped from behind by you or run straight at your team's snipers. Somehow managed to edge you out in kills on BB though, think we both had the same number of deaths too. I had no idea what was going on that round, I was completely lost the entire time :lol

I totally should have kept single fire to myself :(

Steroyd

Ilparazzo said:
Also, I forgot about Steroyd sorry mate :D

Damn straight. :mad:

I'm usually a slow starter and then my play time will go up and up, taking a break from Everybody's Golf this week anyway, been playing on that too much for the past 2 months need to recharge my golfing batteries.

Not getting the expansion even though I want to based off the impressions :'(, the Konami store is just pissing me off to the extreme, the IP address lock out changes every hour, yet it's never unliocked when I'm trying to peak into the store. >_>

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
Damn straight. :mad:

I'm usually a slow starter and then my play time will go up and up, taking a break from Everybody's Golf this week anyway, been playing on that too much for the past 2 months need to recharge my golfing batteries.

Not getting the expansion even though I want to based off the impressions :'(, the Konami store is just pissing me off to the extreme, the IP address lock out changes every hour, yet it's never unliocked when I'm trying to peak into the store. >_>

It's every 30 minutes now. Good to see you will be playing more, we need everyone we can get, playing against non-gaffers or with non-gaffers, well just tends to suck. Nothing like GAF teamwork :D

Facism

well, u-turned on the DLC again. not buying it unless they provide an option to pay for it with Maestro.

Sorry Waspunit, i'm not paying nearly twice the cost of the dlc to get it with a prepaid card. Konami should either allow their shitty prehistoric store to accept maestros, or put tht shit up on PSN and save everyone hassle.

Ilparazzo said:
It's every 30 minutes now. Good to see you will be playing more, we need everyone we can get, playing against non-gaffers or with non-gaffers, well just tends to suck. Nothing like GAF teamwork :D

You're absolutely right, I love playing with Gaffers, great teamwork, strategy and a lot of fun!

Ilparazzo

Nice game Facism, those guys were so dumb I couldn't believe it, no matter how many times I killed them in the narrow path in MM by standing exactly in the same spot, they just came back for more, completly ignoring the fact that I was probably there, I haven't killed that many people without dying that often in like never :lol

Hope I can get in again in a little while for more fun and games :p

Facism

ha yeh we locked that side of the map down. you were on a UT unstoppable by the time they brapped you

99 tickets and luca took about 30 of theirs :D

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
ha yeh we locked that side of the map down. you were on a UT unstoppable by the time they brapped you

99 tickets and luca took about 30 of theirs :D

Just because I knew you had my back, when another guy tried to do what you were doing I got raped from behind, not a good experience let me tell you.

EDIT: W00t! Time to play a bit more!

LowParry

MiamiWesker said:

Don't forget those guys from DC Snipers who wanted to challenge us :D

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Just because I knew you had my back, when another guy tried to do what you were doing I got raped from behind, not a good experience let me tell you.

EDIT: W00t! Time to play a bit more!

heh :D

I think Indeed in the process of mailing everyone in the WaspUnit in order to organise an in-clan scrimmage this sunday. Hopefully it goes well, as it always seems we only have 8 or so people active :p

Zyzyxxz

Yay I finally got Knife lv.3!!!!!

Now to master sniper!

Anyway we should organize a game for VanillaGAF! Lets set a time and date!

DunpealD

GoncaloCCastro said:
You're absolutely right, I love playing with Gaffers, great teamwork, strategy and a lot of fun!

Yeah it's definitely more fun to play with Gaffers instead of random people... Well our teamwork and strategies are still diamonds in the rough though.

Nozdeuce

Zyzyxxz said:
Yay I finally got Knife lv.3!!!!!

Now to master sniper!

Anyway we should organize a game for VanillaGAF! Lets set a time and date!
You mean like yesterday at 1pm pst? :lol

I do think it would be a good idea to maybe decide on a few nights a week where instead of dropping in and out randomly nightly, we make a real group effort to show up.

Guled

is it me or did they take out the nvg for team sneaking. Also, leveling up SOP skills is way way harder since the patch :( but at least the knife got nurfed

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
is it me or did they take out the nvg for team sneaking. Also, leveling up SOP skills is way way harder since the patch :( but at least the knife got nurfed
NVG's were removed. Nozdeuce saved!
?
Had no idea about the trouble with SOP skills now though, that's weird.

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
NVG's were removed. Nozdeuce saved!
?
Had no idea about the trouble with SOP skills now though, that's weird.
before they leveled by being connected to SOP, not anymore. You see, I am so close (really really really close) to master narc, but after the patch, it has not moved a bit since no one uses AA :(

LowParry

MiamiWesker said:
That was so funny, it was like "who the hell are these guys". They were all excited. Then we killed them. :lol

We only played them two maps. They all seemed bent on the idea of of willing and most of them sniped. To bad they lost both times. :D

Teknoman

Alright im back and ready to get back into things. Havent been online since the last GAF combat ops, been trying to wrap up games in my backlog/stuff I was already close to beating but got sidetracked by MGS4 and other things before August.

Are there alot of people getting the expansion? Not really going to spend cash on anything gaming related until mid August...but just hoping im not left out of the fun.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Alright im back and ready to get back into things. Havent been online since the last GAF combat ops, been trying to wrap up games in my backlog/stuff I was already close to beating but got sidetracked by MGS4 and other things before August.

Are there alot of people getting the expansion? Not really going to spend cash on anything gaming related until mid August...but just hoping im not left out of the fun.
Seemingly most of NAGAF have bought the expansion, I wouldn't be too worried about it though. I think you'd be able to survive without it, servers will probably be pretty skewed towards the new stuff for a little while though.

Bajan32

Ok so as some of you guys know..
i finally got the expansion. so no more meltdowns incoming(until konami's next fiasco).

I play the hell out of this game and love it, but after all this time one thing still rings true.
I have more fun playing MGO when we play together than when im out in random games.
Sucks yesterday's gaf game was so short, but man i had a good time.

O and stop killing me ya rat bastards.

I been trying single fire but considering i cant hit the side of a barn, single fire might not be for me. Dunno how you guys hold your composure in the middle of a firefight, i freak out so much lol.

LowParry

Ehhh, Wesker always took the kills to. So all that I thought was good for him was pointing him out where to find the guys that I saw since I was with a P90. I don't have that good of a range. So I just covered one side while he sort of just cleaned sweep it all there. Who was it, Joker and someone else in the clan?

I think we should host some more games, right guys? ;)

Should we come up with some official settings? Also, let's do a headcount of everyone so far who has the expansion, and noz can update the original post.

Top Bottom