• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:
Thanks for all the info Killthee. 1stStrike was a really good idea, I've tasked Ephemeris with harassing him about it. Also Ephemeris wants to get in a practice of sorts sometime before showtime.

Edit: reward shop both up and updated

..........e-gads! -runs!- Dammit! Wife is finishing up her stealth run. Dammit!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
CcrooK said:
..........e-gads! -runs!- Dammit! Wife is finishing up her stealth run. Dammit!
Wha? She's cool, MGO servers are down until 6am est anyway.

Nozdeuce

If we can we definitely need to have a bunch of teams playing. Doesn't matter the skill level, just spam here sometime before showtime and figure out who to join up with

Details on rewards please. And what is survival mode, is it a one kill and you are dead mode or is it just the "official" matches that seem to never take place.

-COOLIO- said:
mgo exhibition tournament kicks off at comic con (not the full world tournament):

http://kotaku.com/5028752/metal-gear-online-tournament-hits-comic+con-kojima-signs-stuff

http://www.konami-data.com/mgo_sdcc/mgo_sdcc.php

first place gets a $1000 and a ps3 bundle. not bad. I wish I were in san diego right now >____<
Damnit ! Now I really regret not getting comic con tickets in time.

I really want to get into the survival mode but i'm only available on fridays. Any chance you guys can squeeze Covertshinobi in the friday survival matches?

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Details on rewards please. And what is survival mode, is it a one kill and you are dead mode or is it just the "official" matches that seem to never take place.
uhhh the best I can do for now is
"Reward Points" can be earned by playing "Survival" a new game mode only open to players who have bought the latest Expansion Packs for this game.

Someone definitely posted a detailed breakdown of how many reward points you get for meeting specific requirements. 30 for participation, 500 for winning? It's posted somewhere.

Just a new mode where people team up for points and glory

Nozdeuce said:
uhhh the best I can do for now is

Someone definitely posted a detailed breakdown of how many reward points you get for meeting specific requirements. 30 for participation, 500 for winning? It's posted somewhere.

Just a new mode where people team up for points and glory

Ok so its playing the old modes for points. Still sounds awesome for me. So whats in the store? Someone got a look?

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Ok so its playing the old modes for points. Still sounds awesome for me. So whats in the store? Someone got a look?
There's a link in the OP to one of Killthee's posts, which then has a link to the reward shop. It mostly sucks

Edit: Reward Shop Link

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Guys in UK help!

Okay I want to buy gene expansion pack but I only have a debit card, is it possible to buy it with a debit card?

Nozdeuce

jump_button said:
so is the new mode onto today i just try geting on but they doing somthing
Yes, this mode is only playable Friday, Saturday and Sunday during specific times listed above. Currently the MGO servers are down for maintenance, should be done in about 40 minutes.

Indeed

BeautifulMemory said:
New update for the Game, Ver. 1.1

Downloading now

Patched. Any idea what the patch notes are? MGO redirects me to the "official website" but theres nothing there either.

Ilparazzo

News Bot said:
So what time does the Survival thing start at, in GMT?

WAIT! I played a against a news bot yesterday was it you? and if it was why are you not in the clan?

And I think it's 18 GMT since I am GMT and the game told me that, but they usually use BST for server things so probably about 17 GMT?

News Bot

Banned
WAIT! I played a against a news bot yesterday was it you? and if it was why are you not in the clan?

Haha, I think it was. Your name seems familiar. :D And to be honest I'm already in a clan. Although there are only two members so I might drop out. :lol

So, in the next three hours or so?

Guled

BeautifulMemory said:
I was so secretly wishing that they would tweak knife again and increase its range

nothing like being disappointed by an update at 4:00AM
it was for the better. Before the knife was to powerful and its range made no sense at all

Ilparazzo

News Bot said:
Haha, I think it was. Your name seems familiar. :D And to be honest I'm already in a clan. Although there are only two members so I might drop out. :lol

So, in the next three hours or so?

My MGO name is Luca Blight, remember it! Dump those losers and join the winning team GAF all the way my friend XD. Is your MGO name just news bot? Just to add you to the GAF MGO players list.

If the time really is BST then 2 hours if the time was GMT then 3 hours.

EDIT: NVM I see you in the survival lobby.

Steroyd

Ilparazzo said:
So, EU gaf, 6 people at 18.00 hours survival! Be there or be square!

If i'm coincidentially there at that time and I get dragged into this, just remember I suck and I WILL use you as a human shield. :lol
Oh and Narc 3 bitches. :D

What IS survival anyway? I read about it, ages ago biut I...forgot.

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
If i'm coincidentially there at that time and I get dragged into this, just remember I suck and I WILL use you as a human shield. :lol
Oh and Narc 3 bitches. :D

What IS survival anyway? I read about it, ages ago biut I...forgot.

IT's the SHIT! Or I hope it is :lol Anyway, apparently when the maintenance ends survival starts! So be ready.

News Bot

Banned
I guess I'll edit my skills now. Monomania 3 and shit. :D

Any info on what patch 1.11 changes/fixes?

Enables the Survival mode and lobby. Not sure what else it does (if anything).

Also, any word on the Reward Shop? I heard it was up, but I just get redirected to a language select screen. =/

News Bot

Banned
Looks like the server's offline. It just came up with a "Cannot connect to lobby" message about three times (for each lobby, lol) and won't let me log in now.

Guled

and just when I was about to play, sever maintenance. O well, its only an hour, I'll just go back and play siren some more

DunpealD

They are currently doing Maintenance at the EU servers. So we have to wait and see.

@ilanna
can't you use a prepaid card or something? I think debit cards don't work but give it a try...
btw. you haven't joined our clan yet :( shame on you.

Steroyd

Guled said:
and just when I was about to play, sever maintenance.

That happens to me every morning, I hate it.

I know there's scheduled maintennce between 8-10PM, but there's sometimes, when I forget boot up MGO and piss myself off because i forget about the scheduled maintence, can't they do Europe serverss when Im asleep c'mon Konami think inside the box for once.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Steroyd said:
That happens to me every morning, I hate it.

I know there's scheduled maintennce between 8-10PM, but there's sometimes, when I forget boot up MGO and piss myself off because i forget about the scheduled maintence, can't they do Europe serverss when Im asleep c'mon Konami think inside the box for once.
The 8 tot 10 AM maintenance is on thursdays only.

played one wonderful match and servers went offline on the next one.

also had a bunch of (i guess little?) friends trying to get me out of a game because they died alot. so childish......

im glad the other players didnt go with it =)

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
I probably wont join you today eurogaf. Going to play tennis in an hour and then im hitting the clubs =/

Tennis? Clubs? Have you learned nothing from Segata Sanshiro?

Edit: The maintenance is over.

DunpealD

EU GAF gather at Clan room hosted by Luca we will assemble there and talk about strategies until luca comes back in about 30 minutes. When he's back we will go for some Survival.

Steroyd

I just remembered... you need to purchase the new maps I can't buy to get in Survival mode. >_>

Good luck finding 6 gaffers who meet that requirement.
After seeing pictures of the new maps I really want them, so i'll try and get them, but if I can't fuck Konami my money is going to PS1 Rayman on PSN where I know I can buy stuff from.

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
I just remembered... you need to purchase the new maps I can't buy to get in Survival mode. >_>

Good luck finding 6 gaffers who meet that requirement.
After seeing pictures of the new maps I really want them, so i'll try and get them, but if I can't fuck Konami my money is going to PS1 Rayman on PSN where I know I can buy stuff from.

You must have said this like a thousand times already but, why can't you buy them?

Ilparazzo

we would have you join but unfortunatly Indeed is gone so we can't accept you guys right now (DAMN YOU INDEED), but you can join us in survival nonetheless just search for Luca Blight and add me to your friends list in the game so you know where we are.

Steroyd

Ilparazzo said:
You must have said this like a thousand times already but, why can't you buy them?

Well for starters I can't remember my Konami ID. :lol

Then there's the whole "Will my debit card work" thing.

Like I said i'll try, I've caved in I want the maps because i've played alot of MGO recently to justify the price, but there's so many frikken hurdles i'm bound to trip up on one of them,

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
Well for starters I can't remember my Konami ID. :lol

Then there's the whole "Will my debit card work" thing.

Like I said i'll try, I've caved in I want the maps because i've played alot of MGO recently to justify the price, but there's so many frikken hurdles i'm bound to trip up on one of them,

The konami ID is easy, just search for the email they sent you.
Well, you cant get the debit card to work but you can try a virtual credit card, i dont know about virtual credit cards away from portugal though.

Top Bottom