• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
WasabiKing said:
I think we should host some more games, right guys? ;)

Should we come up with some official settings? Also, let's do a headcount of everyone so far who has the expansion, and noz can update the original post.
Both of those are good ideas, I'll start going back through the last 10 pages and start working on a list. You get the expansion yet? Also, it's good to have you back.

Zyzyxxz

I'm gonna buy the expansion today!

Anyway I'm thinking we should set up a good format for multiplayer games.

For example:

2 x TDM
1 x SNE
2x TSNE

and maps choice varies but preferably no BB on TSNE at least. That map is horrible for TSNE

Nozdeuce

NAGAF with expansion list:
  • Nozdeuce
  • Rikichi
  • Guled
  • Killthee
  • Zann
  • Flo
  • Ephemeris
  • 1stStrike
  • Oni Jazar
  • Human_Shield
  • Ccrook
  • KTallguy
  • Wesker
  • Assembly Required
  • Panda21 (is he NAGAF?)
  • Bajan32
  • WasabiKing
  • Zyzyxxz
  • Kairu

I still need to go through the MGO Update thread in case there's people who are racist against the online forum. Yell if you're a member of NAGAF who bought the expansion and was not listed

WasabiKing said:
I do have expansion, and Coppertown is awesome IMO.

I'm always around, I just don't play as often as before.
I'm fairly certain we agree on everything. This, MGO XMB bootable, Japan failing at online implementation..

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
eaugh, people are buying the expansion? :(
Don't worry about it, it's completely optional. The only thing we'll pressure you to do is to play more :D

Zyzyxxz

bah I was playing that new map, the jungle one, it is certainly awesome as a sniper map with all the green fields, good thing my character is green, I was easily able to spot people who had all black on in the grass.

The thing I like that prevents it from being a sniper dominated map is that the terrain is hilly and if you wait it out sometimes the noob snipers get bored and move up a little which is a good chance to rush em with a smg/AR

diablo has me my the balls really bad, im really sorry guys, i just started working again too so when i get 15 to spare ill buy the expansion ( always perfer girls if i can make one). till then ill might be around. the maps do look sweet.

_RT_

What's the learning curve with the online game?
I want to jump in, but frankly I'm scared.

I should be free to play a bit tomorrow night. FrogUnit perhaps?

Gracias-
RT_Boston

Bajan32

rikichi said:
good games Bajan32.

yeah for sure Rikichi
I kept waiting for you to pick a side, then id still end up on the other team because it was so onesided. but yeah man was fun, you scared the shit out of me the last match when we were on opposite teams.

I come around the corner and you were just sitting there waiting lol. Bam i was dead =)

O it seems like no one really likes V.V. map but god damn thats totally my favorite map.
And im not even a sniper, but all the little alcoves and hills make it such an interesting map.

Ilparazzo

So close to my objective... Just a bit more to become god of skills and I can't play... Damn you quick recovery level 3 damn you and your people.

Zann

Neo Member
Wow I'm playing in the new sewer stage and had no idea that you could shoot some of the lights off in the stage. Comes in handy for TSNE games.

rikichi

Bajan32 said:
yeah for sure Rikichi
I kept waiting for you to pick a side, then id still end up on the other team because it was so onesided. but yeah man was fun, you scared the shit out of me the last match when we were on opposite teams.

I come around the corner and you were just sitting there waiting lol. Bam i was dead =)

O it seems like no one really likes V.V. map but god damn thats totally my favorite map.
And im not even a sniper, but all the little alcoves and hills make it such an interesting map.

you got me good a couple of times as well.

Ephemeris

MGO Titles
As you play MGO and accomplish various tasks you'll earn a small symbol next to your name. Here's a list of what they are and what to do to get them.

Fox Hound – A living legend

Fox – The best of the best

Doberman – A top-class soldier

Hound – A superior soldier

Water Bear – High survival rate

Eagle - Headshot Master

Bee - Scanning Master

Flying Squirrel - rolls a lot

Sloth - headshotted a lot

Shark - knife mastery

Crocodile - high kill count

Snake - prefers sneaking missions

Kerotan - prefers capture missions

Tortoise - Uses Box alot

Pidgeon - Prefers not to kill

Chameleon - Prefers TeamSneaking rules

Night Owl - Often wears ENVG

Missing one.

Chicken - Rarely participates in battle.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
WasabiKing said:
I do have expansion, and Coppertown is awesome IMO.

I'm always around, I just don't play as often as before.
coppertown > all

even though ive only played it in mgo1 >____>

SumGamer

WasabiKing said:
Also, working on shotty skill, look out!

Hope you are brave enough to survive the torture of LV1 Shotgun.
However, the reward of LV2 is so sweet that you will not use another gun again.

BeeDog

A noobish question, don't kill me!:

My Runner skill is on lvl 2 now, but I'm still using the lvl 1 version. Will I keep levelling this skill, or do I have to change to lvl 2 to keep bumping it up?

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Welcome to the club :D

What's the requirements for it?

Came across a whole clan of guys with the foxhound logo a few days ago.

[edit]beedog:

I have it at level 2, but use it at level 1. It doesn't level up.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
What's the requirements for it?

Came across a whole clan of guys with the foxhound logo a few days ago.

[edit]beedog:

Supposedly, it's all about killing a lot of people without dying time and time again.

They should give us the legendary hero skill after we master every skill... I'm starting to think that after I finish mastering them all, I'll just be sad even though I know we don't get anything for it.

Steroyd

Facism said:

I've been meaning to ask, what IS the difference between equipping and running, and not equipping it? I can't tell the difference. -_-

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
I've been meaning to ask, what IS the difference between equipping and running, and not equipping it? I can't tell the difference. -_-

How can you not tell the difference? Every level of runner gives you an absurd amount of speed compared to having no runner (especially level 3).

Facism

Steroyd said:

It's the difference between getting to a choke-point and spamming it with stun nades for the whole round, or getting to said chock-point and dying because the other team is already there ;p

We have any other UK wasp unit gaffers other than myself? You're all from posh europe :p

Steroyd

Facism said:
It's the difference between getting to a choke-point and spamming it with stun nades for the whole round, or getting to said chock-point and dying because the other team is already there ;p

We have any other UK wasp unit gaffers other than myself? You're all from posh europe :p

Yes... :mad:

Hmmm... guess i'll have to unequip runner one day to see the difference, but I REALLY can't tell between level 1 and level 0.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:

What's posh europe for you? For me posh europe IS the UK, or everywhere else than here really.

EDIT: I DID IT! I'm master of every skill!!
highfiveshirt.png

Now I got the legendary hero skill!

How I wish that were true... *cries*

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BeeDog said:
A noobish question, don't kill me!:

My Runner skill is on lvl 2 now, but I'm still using the lvl 1 version. Will I keep levelling this skill, or do I have to change to lvl 2 to keep bumping it up?
ya

dazed808

Facism said:

Yep, i'm down in lovely sunny Southampton (actually it's shit here but the sun makes it seem slightly less shitty)

Oni Jazar

Zyzyxxz said:
I'm gonna buy the expansion today!

Anyway I'm thinking we should set up a good format for multiplayer games.

For example:

2 x TDM
1 x SNE
2x TSNE

and maps choice varies but preferably no BB on TSNE at least. That map is horrible for TSNE

I think this is a good map rotation. TSNE is fun but not every time. I think I'm going to break my controller trying to wake up sometimes.

Ilparazzo

Oni Jazar said:
I think this is a good map rotation. TSNE is fun but not every time. I think I'm going to break my controller trying to wake up sometimes.

Which one of you in your face guys want to express their VV hatred? Or hatred for tea-bagging n00b calling asses? Because I hate both like I hate a wet hotdog filled with larvas and yeti pubes.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Which one of you in your face guys want to express their VV hatred? Or hatred for tea-bagging n00b calling asses? Because I hate both like I hate a wet hotdog filled with larvas and yeti pubes.

Nice.

The only maps id like to shoot into the sun are CC and UU.

Ilparazzo

So I finally got my headset and noticed 2 things:

1st : My voice is fucking annoying.
2nd : I need a haircut or it will keep falling down...

Facism

was using my headset earlier with the CO clan (or CK can't rmember) and it was all WARBLEWARBLEWARBLE PUTAIIINNWARBLE.

[edit]haha yes with the hair. Mine is short now, but before i cut it, it was down the middle of my back. Needed a manual to get the HS seating around my ear properly :|

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
So I finally got my headset and noticed 2 things:

1st : My voice is fucking annoying.
2nd : I need a haircut or it will keep falling down...

Mental..... image ...... changing ...... rapidly!

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
was using my headset earlier with the CO clan (or CK can't rmember) and it was all WARBLEWARBLEWARBLE PUTAIIINNWARBLE.

[edit]haha yes with the hair. Mine is short now, but before i cut it, it was down the middle of my back. Needed a manual to get the HS seating around my ear properly :|

Dude, that's some loooong hair, mine is only big because I'm too lazy to get it cut :lol Normally I have the shortest hair possible, makes it unnecessary to comb in the mornings
I'm too lazy to do anything apparently :p

Indeed said:
Mental..... image ...... changing ...... rapidly!

Don't worry with mental images, you will get to see me in the tournament finals anyway so it's unnecessary.

Indeed

Facism said:

God i need a headset now. Im wearing one right now for music but its not bluetooth and thus doesnt work with my ps3.

And live HOW ON EARTH DID YOU RAINBOW THAT STAGE?!?!

Im constantly failing on wave 19. There is always one golem who sneaks past my mortars. I should probably stop investing in them but i need something to kill the red spiders and acornguys.

Facism

Indeed said:
God i need a headset now. Im wearing one right now for music but its not bluetooth and thus doesnt work with my ps3.

And live HOW ON EARTH DID YOU RAINBOW THAT STAGE?!?!

Im constantly failing on wave 19. There is always one golem who sneaks past my mortars. I should probably stop investing in them but i need something to kill the red spiders and acornguys.

skills that pay the bills.

is all :p

SumGamer said:
Hope you are brave enough to survive the torture of LV1 Shotgun.
However, the reward of LV2 is so sweet that you will not use another gun again.
I'm fine with it actually. I'm automatching my games, but this one dude last night was owning everyone with his M4, EXCEPT me. Every time he walked into my sights it was massive blast after massive blast. I've also shot guys off rooftops in Urban Ultimatum and that was BEYOND fun.

It's taking a while to level up, but man, when I do make it to lvl 2, it will be worth it.

Top Bottom