• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

News Bot

Banned
Alright, I applied to join anyway so for when Indeed does get back. I'll see you guys there.

One thing though, can we confirm if we have 6 players or not? :lol

Ilparazzo

News Bot said:
Alright, I applied to join anyway so for when Indeed does get back. I'll see you guys there.

One thing though, can we confirm if we have 6 players or not? :lol

I can't confirm anything since some of us are banned from buying the expansion and such, but it shouldn't be hard to find 6 people?

I mean we have three at least and we don't really need 6 people we can just pick up some strays from the random folk.

Bamihap said:
I can't see any survival servers, nor can i create a group.

Do you have the expansion?

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Ilparazzo said:
I can't confirm anything since some of us are banned from buying the expansion and such, but it shouldn't be hard to find 6 people?

I mean we have three at least and we don't really need 6 people we can just pick up some strays from the random folk.

Do you have the expansion?
Yesh

Steroyd

*inputs card details*

*clicks next*

*Cannot find url*

K cya Konami. will try again next month.

£8 is a little steep, was mentally prepared for £7 for some reason. :/

Bamihap

Ilparazzo said:
That's wierd, you can't see the survival lobbies?
I'm in th survival lobby. But I can't see any games.

I does say that there are 50+ players in the lobby...

Bamihap

I'm getting a scrolling message now: " Surival will be held from 18:00" :D

Well it's 18:50 here.. So whats up?

Ilparazzo

Bamihap said:
I'm getting a scrolling message now: " Surival will be held from 18:00" :D

Well it's 18:50 here.. So whats up?

it's in 10 minutes, it's GMT apparently. Join up in rosemary for a quick talk everyone! Server neogaf Pass: believe

DunpealD

Well currently there is no one except me and Luca on the clan room... looks like we currently have only 3 members(including newsbot). The event is active until 10 pm, I hope we can gather some before it's over.

Update: Luca has made a NeoGAF room in Rosemary the password is believe. The room is for gathering and strategical things so anyone can join but we'll be off to survival when we hopefully gather enough people.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
2008.07.25 15:00~19:00に実施した臨時メンテナンスにおいてVer.1.11のアップデート対応を行いました。
アップデートの詳細内容は下記になります。

・被トラップ回数のカウント再開
被トラップ回数のカウントを修正いたしました。
この修正に伴い、被トラップ回数のカウントが再開されます。
Trapped count fixed; Trapped count stat recording back online

・「Groznyj Grad」で発生していた攻撃の貫通修正
「Groznyj Grad」の茶色の鉄扉3か所で、攻撃の貫通判定を修正いたしました。
Fixed shots going through iron door in GG

・公式サバイバル戦の再開
2008.07.18 15:00に中止しておりました「公式サバイバル戦」を再開いたします。
「公式サバイバル戦」は1チーム6名までエントリーできます。
※開催は毎週金曜日~日曜日の20:00~24:00(4時間)となります。
Relaunch of Survival Mode, open Fri - Sun for fours hours daily

※ホストで特定のプレイヤーが正常に表示されなくなる不具合の修正は次回以降のバージョンアップで対応予定です。
ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願い申し上げます。
Bug fix for Player to Host abnormal communication bug is scheduled for future update

Bamihap

Fix the ragdoll idiocy.

I'm referring to the lag/ragdoll issue you sometimes get when you nade someone.. THey end up on the floor somewhere.. Then they spawn behind you and stab you

Steroyd

Is it possible to buy the expansion via PC?

nvm

Congratulations Konami, you ass raped me £8 from your non PSN service. >_>

Ephemeris

Killthee said:
2008.07.25 15:00~19:00に実施した臨時メンテナンスにおいてVer.1.11のアップデート対応を行いました。
アップデートの詳細内容は下記になります。

・被トラップ回数のカウント再開
被トラップ回数のカウントを修正いたしました。
この修正に伴い、被トラップ回数のカウントが再開されます。
Trapped count fixed; Trapped count stat recording back online

・「Groznyj Grad」で発生していた攻撃の貫通修正
「Groznyj Grad」の茶色の鉄扉3か所で、攻撃の貫通判定を修正いたしました。
Fixed shots going through iron door in GG

・公式サバイバル戦の再開
2008.07.18 15:00に中止しておりました「公式サバイバル戦」を再開いたします。
「公式サバイバル戦」は1チーム6名までエントリーできます。
※開催は毎週金曜日~日曜日の20:00~24:00(4時間)となります。
Relaunch of Survival Mode, open Fri - Sun for fours hours daily

※ホストで特定のプレイヤーが正常に表示されなくなる不具合の修正は次回以降のバージョンアップで対応予定です。
ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが今しばらくお待ちくださいますようお願い申し上げます。
Bug fix for Player to Host abnormal communication bug is scheduled for future update

07/25/2008 MGO Client Updated to Ver.1.11
Updates for all versions
(GENE EXPANSION enabled or otherwise)

* Changes to the scoring system:
Points will now be awarded for Scanning and Assists in TEAM SNEAKING and RESCUE Missions.

* Improvements for Voice Chat:
Improved sound quality.
* However, please note that without a quality line, there may be no noticeable improvements.

* Bug Fixes:
The count for the number of times a player falls for a trap will resume as the previous problems have now been fixed
The collision detection has been corrected for the iron doors in the "Groznyi Grad" map where previously players could shoot through them.

* "SURVIVAL" restarted.
"Survival" mode which had been temporarily disabled since 18/07/2008 07:00 (BST) has been restarted. They will be held on weekends between Fridays and Sundays.
To take part, players need to enter a team where the maximum capacity is 6.

* Finally, we would like to inform you that problems involving players not being correctly displayed will be fixed with the next update to the game. We would like to apologize for any confusion and inconveniences this may cause in the meantime

News Bot

Banned
Ilparazzo said:
It is, that's where I bought it.

Survival mode is THE SHIT! Best thing in the game.

I agree fucking completely. That was pretty intense. And the fact that you get rewarded for using teamwork and taking your time makes it all the more sweet. :D

Steroyd

Indeed said:
=( Is it possible for me to join your team tomorrow?

There was only 4 from the clan, so looks like there was plenty of room.

Looks like I'm joining Survival tomorrow, finally got this piece of turd of a service working.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Guled said:
so, are we going to have a team for tonight?
Hopefully multiple. You game? So far we have myself, Ephemeris, Ccrook, 1stStrike(maybe?) and Wesker.

Zyzyxxz

sorry guys I can't play tonight though I'd like to but I got social responsibilities with friends and thats more important.

I will be on right now though and probably tomorrow if I can get my router to work at my parents house

DunpealD

Ilparazzo said:
It is, that's where I bought it.

Survival mode is THE SHIT! Best thing in the game.

Agreed it's THE SHIT! It's got tournament atmosphere I hope more EU GAF can get into it at least tomorrow, again that mode is pure bliss.

We also defeated a Gamefaqs team :lol

Steroyd

er... just to confirm... I don't need to download anything after I bought the expansion right, Konami do online in a wierd way.

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
er... just to confirm... I don't need to download anything after I bought the expansion right, Konami do online in a wierd way.

That is correct sir! Join us later for more survival madness!

Ilparazzo

Ephemeris said:
How many wins did EuroGaf get O__o

Not many, we lost the 1st time and proceeded to win one game the next time only to be destroyed by a team of foxhounds, then we did 5 in a row and stopped for dinner :D

Nozdeuce

Ilparazzo said:
Not many, we lost the 1st time and proceeded to win one game the next time only to be destroyed by a team of foxhounds, then we did 5 in a row and stopped for dinner :D
Don't worry, with the team NAGAF has already setup we'll just beat people to death with our arrogance sticks.

Seriously though, what's the deal? Were your losses close or blowouts? Did you play against all different teams? Did you play all the different modes in order or just randomly (or something?)??

I think we should do okay, as long as Guled and Wesker bring it, Ephemeris is his normal self, and no one follows me.

Guled

Ilparazzo said:
how many points did you end up with in the end

Nozdeuce

GeneralIroh said:
Can I join?
My mgo name is covertshinobi.
Uhh currently we have the full 6, I don't actually know if 1stStrike is available or not though, if he isn't you're in. Otherwise we'll have to start working on a Team2

Nozdeuce said:
Uhh currently we have the full 6, I don't actually know if 1stStrike is available or not though, if he isn't you're in. Otherwise we'll have to start working on a Team2
BTW im only available on fridays. If possible can i take 1ststrike's place during fridays?

Killthee

I just noticed they raised the reward points given out in Survival.

Participation: 50
1 Win: 100
2 Wins: 200
3 Wins: 300
4 Wins: 400
5 Wins: 500

Much better IMO :D

Bulla564

Banned
I'm sure it has been addressed, but search is not working for me.

I've been dying to give Konami my money, but when I put my Konami ID in the shop, it tells me I need to be logged in the game, and it won't let me do shit.

What can I do? I go through the MGO Shop from the game, logged in, and it still gives me this message.

Why Konami? why must everything be frustrating with you?

Zyzyxxz

Bulla564 said:

I've been dying to give Konami my money, but when I put my Konami ID in the shop, it tells me I need to be logged in the game, and it won't let me do shit.

What can I do? I go through the MGO Shop from the game, logged in, and it still gives me this message.

do it on your computer through your own web browser, much faster.

Nozdeuce said:
It does, hes Crazy/Euro :lol

dammit I turned my PS3 back on for nothing!

Killthee

Bulla564 said:

Use your PC.

Top Bottom