• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

xintin

KTallguy said:
Lol, that was a depressing experience.

I think we won twice out of over 50 games... jeez.
id say something about hanging in there to the end...
...but tonight was just brutal xD

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Great games everyone, that was a lot of fun. Beating GRU Mercs by 1 point was all kinds of awesome. First 5 win streak was really sweet. Unsurprisingly the Gru Mercenaries are first overall for reward points.

KTallguy

Banned
I'm wondering, is it better to always be in fps mode when shooting ?

I swear, if I'm toe to toe with someone, or even if I'm far away, they just are much better shots than me :lol

I'm not saying my aim is amazing or something, but most encounters I'm just missing the head every time.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Great games everyone, that was a lot of fun. Beating GRU Mercs by 1 point was all kinds of awesome. First 5 win streak was really sweet. Unsurprisingly the Gru Mercenaries are first overall for reward points.

They have only lost 5 times. 54/59 if memory serves. :lol

But yeah, good thing we went for the kill instead of the rescue.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wow, that was brutal. Team Beta took a beating that it will never forget. 4 hours and only 2 non consecutive wins... It was fun though, even if it was a little frustrating losing so much. I'll be online most of the day tomorrow, if anyone's interested in some Survival practice rounds I can setup a server.

I'm glad Alpha had more success. We saw your News flash a couple of times :D

And Happy B Day Noz :D

LowParry

Had lots of fun. Wish we could have a full 6 people all the time so that way we keep the pace going. Overall we did much better tonight. I just kept to SMG's and that's how it will be for now on. Looks like I got trickster and quarterback to work on. I had no idea you could keep those in to just one slot. Was that changed or something? I can destroy people now with Lvl 3 Mono, Lvl 2 SMG and either Lvl 3 Quarterback or Trickster. Options options options. And the reward store needs to open soon. I wanna burn my points away!

Ephemeris

As you play MGO and accomplish various tasks you'll earn a small symbol next to your name. Here's a list of what they are and what to do to get them.

Fox Hound – A living legend

Fox – A member of an awesome NeoGAF clan

Doberman – A top-class soldier

Hound – A superior soldier

Water Bear – High survival rate

Eagle - Headshot Master. Also called: The Wesker & Ryanardo rank

Bee - Scanning Master

Flying Squirrel - rolls a lot

Sloth - headshotted a lot

Shark - knife mastery

Crocodile - high kill count

Snake - You are hated on by Ephemeris, who wishes he could get this emblem but doesn't feel like putting in over thirty hours exclusively into Sneaking Missions. It's okay, he's not bitter about it, but he is seeking therapy.

Kerotan - When you're not playing base in survival, you'll get this playing capture.

Tortoise - Your name is probably Nozdeuce

Pidgeon - Prefers not to kill

Chameleon - Plays like 1st.

Night Owl - Often wears ENVG

Chicken - Rarely participates in battle

Forgot the one that Zangi has:

TSUCHINOKO - Rarely plays.

DunpealD

EU GAF we are currently planning for todays Roster of survival. So if you have time, post in this thread to let me know.

Btw. happy birthday Noz.

Nozdeuce

Sorry to hear about the hard time Beta team had, maybe during the week we could get some practice nights in? I don't know what a useful scenario would be, maybe 4 from Alpha vs as many Beta people as possible?

Lets let EuroGAF organize for their TS rounds, but once their done, if we could get NAGAF members posting their availability for tonight, that'd be great. Good luck EuroGAF.

And thanks guys

Indeed

DunpealD said:
EU GAF we are currently planning for todays Roster of survival. So if you have time, post in this thread to let me know.

Btw. happy birthday Noz.

Ill have time but if im lagging as bad as yesterday i wont be much of a help.

Ephemeris said:
They have only lost 5 times. 54/59 if memory serves. :lol

But yeah, good thing we went for the kill instead of the rescue.
Saying "Kill them all for the points" was probably the only good thing I did while playing :lol

Steroyd

Fuck this shit I'm making a Neogaf training room, to level my box up password is the usual.

Swear to god people are born stupid.

Ilparazzo

Congratulations on the Doberman Fascism, the way this is going I'll be the only guy in the regular people group of the clan that is still a Hound... ( for as long as that holds up, at least)

What I told you yesterday about survival still stands, I'll try to be there but I still need to go crazy in the Audi to get there on time again...

EDIT: GRADE: C-? Am I in school?
DAMN IT NEWSBOT! You just got to the clan and you are already a FOX? I need to know how you get these emblems...

EDITEDIT: NVM, I think I've got it, it's about the kill/death ratio isn't it?

By seeing your ratios, I formulate these guesses:

HOUND: Kill/death = 1.3
Doberman: Kill/death= 1.5
Fox: Kill/death = 1.8
Foxhound : Kill/death = 2

My days of insane skill grinding are finally taking their toll on me...

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:

Nah my K/D is around 1.75 now and im still a Hound. Win/Lose is taken into account aswell. I have around 1.2/1 W/L =(

DunpealD

@McBradders
It's from 18:00GMT till 22:00GMT

Ilparazzo said:
Congratulations on the Doberman Fascism, the way this is going I'll be the only guy in the regular people group of the clan that is still a Hound... ( for as long as that holds up, at least)

What I told you yesterday about survival still stands, I'll try to be there but I still need to go crazy in the Audi to get there on time again...

Well then the early bird catches the worm.

You know I'm also in the regular people group and I don't even have an emblem anymore :p
You're putting too much meaning into them.

Ok the current members in the Roster are:

Live_Feed
Indeed
Steroyd
Luca_Blight
DunpealD

Important: This is roster is not final and could be changed later on.

DunpealD

Steroyd said:
Fuck this shit I'm making a Neogaf training room, to level my box up password is the usual.

Swear to god people are born stupid.

Huh? What's the password I can't join.

@Castro
:(
I hope you'll be able to join next week.

Ephemeris

Metalmurphy said:
Saying "Kill them all for the points" was probably the only good thing I did while playing :lol

Metalmurphy
Co-wrote the Art of War with Sun Tzu
(Today, 07:48 AM)

I knew it was either you or da vinci that said it, just didn't want to quote the wrong person :p

Ilparazzo said:

EDIT: GRADE: C-? Am I in school?
DAMN IT NEWSBOT! You just got to the clan and you are already a FOX? I need to know how you get these emblems...

EDITEDIT: NVM, I think I've got it, it's about the kill/death ratio isn't it?

My days of insane skill grinding are finally taking their toll on me...

I'm a Foxhound and my KDR isn't 2. I really want FOX though : (

If you looked at my stats (but you can't because of the region lock) you would swear I'd have pigeon/flying squirrel/night owl by now. :| I'm also a grade C- :lol

Facism

As dun has pointed out, i'll be making it tonight. Just got in from the gym, need a shower and i'll be good to go.

I saw another Wasp Unit guy today called Leo. He may be able to make it tonight, but he's 6 hours ahead of gmt D:

DunpealD

Nearly forgot: I'm going to create a Clan Room 20 minutes before the start of survival to gather all the members there and do some preparation.

dazed808

EuroGaf - if you need a space filling i'll be around for a while from 6 GMT but no probs if your full/don't need the extra man
(in other words - I know i'm shite and will fill the space if ur desparate:lol )

Steroyd

DunpealD said:
Huh? What's the password I can't join.

@Castro
:(
I hope you'll be able to join next week.

Sorry about that, for future reference try the password gaf, because i couldn't spell believe for some reason. :/

Dazed you wouldn't be featfeet would you, was checking his stats and WHOA! o_O

Facism

DunpealD said:
Nearly forgot: I'm going to create a Clan Room 20 minutes before the start of survival to gather all the members there and do some preparation.

rgr msg me or something when it goes up, i'll jump into MGO now.

Dave, come along mate. You're definately not shit. Just a little eager :D Play it slow and measured, and you'll get a good few hours out of the pussy.

edit i've noticed a handful of the clan have left for others. Such as Paulinho leaving for MGO Portugal. I wish they'd inform instead of jumping boats like leachorous traitors and scum :<

dazed808

Steroyd said:
Sorry about that, for future reference try the password gaf, because i couldn't spell believe for some reason. :/

nah i'm just dazed. just checked peets stats and whoa there's actually someone worse than me!

It's the first week, I would love to see Alpha get some major asskicking first, but have Beta, Charlie, and other squads get their skills up to par. Hell, I felt more like a hinderance when rolling with Alpha.

Eventually, we should split some guys up and really improve the standings of all teams, but it's only the first weekend.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
It's the first week, I would love to see Alpha get some major asskicking first, but have Beta, Charlie, and other squads get their skills up to par. Hell, I felt more like a hinderance when rolling with Alpha.

Eventually, we should split some guys up and really improve the standings of all teams, but it's only the first weekend.
You came in handy :D I loved one of the base games at CC where you and me were capping one of the points close to spawn, i used the Wait! preset and hooked around the corner valiantly to eat a headshot...that plan didn't work out so well.

I do agree though, we need to do something to help B and C teams upstat their shit. I'm assuming it's a case of accuracy/reaction/quick aiming ability, awareness and teamwork?

Also, NAGAF members who are available for tonight, start posting saying so!

Good job on the 5 win streak EuroGAF!!

Ilparazzo

this is the only way to describe my feelings after tonights survival: "..." and also "I played like a big fat pile of shit"

Anyway, I guess the emblems really are about the wins/losses, that means I'm screwed since If don't play with gaf I'm always on the losing team...

Oh, and if those last guys who were calling us noobs were in front of me I assure you they would get their thumbs broken in a second, maybe a a bit of the arm too while I was at it. (yes I am an angry person)

Steroyd

I've finally got Assault Rifle at level 2. :D

And dayum is the sewer level hard to play in, kept running into a group of the enemy eveytime. :(

peetfeet

dazed808 said:
nah i'm just dazed. just checked peets stats and whoa there's actually someone worse than me!

Yes, i am indeed shit, my only defence is that before i started playing MGO the last time i played on a FPS with control pad was GoldenEye 64. The only FPS game since then was Team Fortress and of course.... that was with kb and mouse :p

I'm an oldie, i told you guys to be gentle with me. Tho i got quite a few kills snatched from me its the greater good i was fighting for! Plus i used my body to sacrifice and pull the ememy from their cover!

Facism

Dun's right, emblems don't relaly mean shyte. There was a sloth HS his way through us on G.G. All the foxhound guys were shit.

Don't be too hard on yourself. When you lose your cool you lose your balls in MGO. If the whole clan actually played the fucking game instead of jumping onto the LOLGAF CLAN I MUST BE IN IT crap, you'd be top tier.

And i hate fighting you, you're slippery and know of my fetish for stun nades -_-

---

We need more actual regular players. a 3rd of my friendslist who were in Wasp Unit have gone to other clans, the rest don't play.

Steroyd

WasabiKing said:
This is where I use a SHOTGUN

Yeah I've recently started to use shotguns in some servers haven't got used to them yet.

Can I just say Cloudstrife was a fucking beast, to head shot with a handgun is one thing, to headshot me and Dun with 2 bullets was just WHOA.

peetfeet

Steroyd said:

Youre a cheeky monkey too.

I think i played a litttle better under all your guidences, i'm still shit at turning and instantly popping a skull tho, i tend to flail :lol

atomico

anybody know if you can buy the expansion using entropay?

from what I've seen, there's no option to change your country on the konami store... :(

DunpealD

gg till Live left after that everything went down the drain and got really messy.
I really hope Castro can make it for the next survival sessions and dave manages to get the expansion so we can go at it with full force...

Ster, Peet and ilanna if you've got some time I can give you one of my infamous MGO lessons. But you guys better stay active.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
Dun's right, emblems don't relaly mean shyte. There was a sloth HS his way through us on G.G. All the foxhound guys were shit.

Don't be too hard on yourself. When you lose your cool you lose your balls in MGO. If the whole clan actually played the fucking game instead of jumping onto the LOLGAF CLAN I MUST BE IN IT crap, you'd be top tier.

And i hate fighting you, you're slippery and know of my fetish for stun nades -_-

---

We need more actual regular players. a 3rd of my friendslist who were in Wasp Unit have gone to other clans, the rest don't play.

You talking to me? Because your stuns always kick my ass, though I agree on the slippery part I love getting the drop on ppl :D

I know the emblems don't mean anything but I still want one that shows I'm awesome, is that so bad?

You should get Dunpeal's lessons everyone, god knows he helped me sort things out.

Zyzyxxz

Killthee said:
Wow, that was brutal. Team Beta took a beating that it will never forget. 4 hours and only 2 non consecutive wins... It was fun though, even if it was a little frustrating losing so much. I'll be online most of the day tomorrow, if anyone's interested in some Survival practice rounds I can setup a server.

I'm glad Alpha had more success. We saw your News flash a couple of times :D

And Happy B Day Noz :D

Ya seriously but its alright, pretty fun. Too bad my router went lame on me and I got DC'd.

I thought we would have had that one TDM match on B.B. where I went 5-1 with a shotgun. Then I look at the score it we are down like 6 - 14ish.

Too bad we didn't get to play more TSNE, I think that was much better in terms of us splitting up but working together as well.

peetfeet

DunpealD said:
gg till Live left after that everything went down the drain and got really messy.
I really hope Castro can make it for the next survival sessions and dave manages to get the expansion so we can go at it with full force...

Ster, Peet and ilanna if you've got some time I can give you one of my infamous MGO lessons. But you guys better stay active.

I need all the help i can get so yes, we'll arrange summat this week? I wont be able to play survival much at all next weekend as i have my daughter, a little on friday possibly but not sat/sun.

Top Bottom