• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
i may be able to make it tonight, depending on whether friends want to go out in Birmingham tonight, or stay in shytey leamington.

[edit]i see you said 5pm gmt. That'll be fine regardless of what happens tonight :D Hopefully i'm not as shit a i was yesterday. Does good to fight against each other, see ways to outdo each other, even if you guys had M.M held at all the right places. Luca is going to love my smoke nades as much as he loves those stuns :D You will love them ;p

btw paraz, i'm 25 :< 26 in september :< :<

I do love your stuns but the smokes weren't working so great yesterday, but if you manage to improvr them you are on the high road to success.

EDIT: Update is finally over. The connection I have here sucks...

LowParry

I'll be around tonight I'm sure. I think playing around with pistols prior threw my game off. I need to mix and match a few different things this time around. That base stuff. I don't get why we always lost that. But in the end, we won. We were always with a 5vs6 issue. And we have a few games to where we won by like 7 points. There was one where we one by just 1 point. Close call.

So what's up now, US Survivalists, are you game tonight?

I've found that survival uses modes I hate the most, but it won't stop me from playing. So we should create the squads and be better organized for tonight. Divas need not apply.

Also, who is a good sniper? I think each team needs one.

LowParry

I think I may play around with this traps this time around tonight. Especially if we get those damned base missions again. C4 helps a lot if you can't cover all the bases.

Thanks for letting me in FrogUnit guys

Now I gotta find the times that we play and shit

Then I'll be ready to roll

Also

I guess I should get my headset working ja?

Indeed

Sorry EuroGAF but this is probably one of Konamis biggest fuckups yet. Constant disconnects and Lags -> No Survival for me.

WasabiKing said:
So what's up now, US Survivalists, are you game tonight?

I've found that survival uses modes I hate the most, but it won't stop me from playing. So we should create the squads and be better organized for tonight. Divas need not apply.

Also, who is a good sniper? I think each team needs one.
If I can stay up till 2AM I'm game. Chances are that I wont :p

Meh, Konami should have made it all day long :(

Steroyd

Survival mode is the shit, well worth paying £8 for alone. (this is now copyright of Steroyd therefore Konami cannot copy my idea), when Indeed left, we managed to pull together a 5 game streak, before our bodies required food consumption. :(

Narc lvl 3 REALLY helped me in team sneaking, all those hours levelling it up was worth it.

Indeed

Steroyd said:
Survival mode is the shit, well worth paying £8 for alone. (this is now copyright of Steroyd therefore Konami cannot copy my idea), when Indeed left, we managed to pull together a 5 game streak, before our bodies required food consumption. :(

Narc lvl 3 REALLY helped me in team sneaking, all those hours levelling it up was worth it.

Well congrats, now replace left with "got disconnected again" and youre right.

number386

So I created a new character after buying GENE, and been grinding skills. My god it painful, especially getting narc which took over ten hours. Konami found a way to MMORPG aspects to MGO and not in a good way. Played in a couple of narc rooms with gaffers, also grinding.

The worst part is there are always dbags, especially in the box leveling rooms. I rubberbanded my controller forward and running towards a wall in an out of way place. I come back an hour and a half later, I'm crawling forward because some dbag probably cqc me when I was gone, and I got no box skill happened to me twice wasting three hours for me.

Don't know why but I'm obsessed with leveling all my skills.

number386

I should clarifiy, after I got narc 3, and by proxy other virtually impossible skills to get playing real games, like fast waking 3.

I got the urge to complete my skill list. Might as well the hard part is done.:lol

Imm0rt4l

so whats the deal with American gaf clans, are they merging? I haven't actually gotten the chance to play with any gaffers, and figured I may as well use the clans to my advantage, but to my understanding foxunit is being disbanded. I just need to find a good group of guys to play with, so I guess I'll keep a look out for some of you guys.

MGO: -FOXD!E-
eagle rank
level 7

LowParry

Hrm. Yeah. Tonight I'm gonna stick mostly with smg's. I was all over weapon choices last night for what was given to us in the modes given. Although for TSNE, I may go with runner 3 and cqc 1 but only for that mode. Just some of the map combination with the modes didn't fit well. Tonight will be better. Mwahaha! I'll have about 4 hour practice in. First night jitters I think is what it was for me.

Edit: And I was so looking forward to buying new crap last night, and then come to find out the Rewards Shop was taken down again. Sadness.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Imm0rt4l said:
so whats the deal with American gaf clans, are they merging? I haven't actually gotten the chance to play with any gaffers, and figured I may as well use the clans to my advantage, but to my understanding foxunit is being disbanded. I just need to find a good group of guys to play with, so I guess I'll keep a look out for some of you guys.

MGO: -FOXD!E-
eagle rank
level 7
We have been merging the clans, you were on my list of people who if alive should bail and apply to the main GAF clan, the one I lead. That's where pretty much all the crazy active people are at this point.

Also tonight there's a special mode available, called Team Survival. It's only available from 9pm est to 1am est. You form up a team (max 6 people) and then go into matchmaking and then fight another team in a combination of one of the available maps/modes. Would you be available tonight? We're trying to figure out who is.

On that note, I'm not dead, just ended up sleeping like all day, here's the list of people who have replied to this thread from NAGAF:
Me
Guled
Human_Shield
Ephemeris
Xintin
Ccrook
Wasabi
Rikichi
KTallguy
Killthee
Imm0rt4l
Zann
SpiderJerusalem

Ilparazzo

Fox In The Snow said:
I should clarifiy, after I got narc 3, and by proxy other virtually impossible skills to get playing real games, like fast waking 3.

I got the urge to complete my skill list. Might as well the hard part is done.:lol

I have done it, it isn't worth it, do yourself a favor just play the game normally

number386

I played in the GAF games several times, but I shied from joining the clan because I like to play Team deathmatch almost exclusively. But if there is space I'd like to join. I don't want to hog two spots, so I'll use my new character rather then old

game id is: Vulpes Velox

Ilparazzo said:
I have done it, it isn't worth it, do yourself a favor just play the game normally

Well the hard part is done, what I have left is easy to attain by playing normally. I need rifle, sniper, smg, almost done with shotty, trickster, quaterback.

I do have box 2, and runner2 to do, but I can do those easily by rubberbanding my controller while doing something else.

Imm0rt4l

Nozdeuce said:
We have been merging the clans, you were on my list of people who if alive should bail and apply to the main GAF clan, the one I lead. That's where pretty much all the crazy active people are at this point.

Also tonight there's a special mode available, called Team Survival. It's only available from 9pm est to 1am est. You form up a team (max 6 people) and then go into matchmaking and then fight another team in a combination of one of the available maps/modes. Would you be available tonight? We're trying to figure out who is.

On that note, I'm not dead, just ended up sleeping like all day, here's the list of people who have replied to this thread from NAGAF:
Me (hopefully)
Guled
Human_Shield
Ephemeris
Xintin
Ccrook
Wasabi
Rikichi
KTallguy
Killthee

yea I'm alive, I played survival yesterday and it was good fun. I'll be on tonight, probably about 10:30 EST when I get off of work. hopefully I can join some peeps from gaf tonight, but I don't have a headset at the moment, just keyboard.

Nozdeuce

Fox In The Snow said:
I played in the GAF games several times, but I shied from joining the clan because I like to play Team deathmatch almost exclusively. But if there is space I'd like to join. I don't want to hog two spots, so I'll use my new character rather then old

game id is: Vulpes Velox
I do have box 2, and runner2 to do, but I can do those easily by rubberbanding my controller while doing something else.
If you're going to be really active, go right ahead and apply to the main gaf clan, the one I lead.

Also, I've created monsters :lol

Imm0rt4l said:
yea I'm alive, I played survival yesterday and it was good fun. I'll be on tonight, probably about 10:30 EST when I get off of work. hopefully I can join some peeps from gaf tonight, but I don't have a headset at the moment, just keyboard.
Great, be sure to apply to the main gaf clan then, after playing with 1ststrike and his whining last night, not having a mic is a blessing :lol

Ephemeris

Steroyd said:

I need that skill. :( Oh and Noz, I should be available this evening. I'm surprised you are though, birthday and all.

Imm0rt4l said:
so whats the deal with American gaf clans, are they merging? I haven't actually gotten the chance to play with any gaffers, and figured I may as well use the clans to my advantage, but to my understanding foxunit is being disbanded.

stewie969.gif

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
I need that skill. :( Oh and Noz, I should be available this evening. I'm surprised you are though, birthday and all.
Thanks..1am would be an early start for me and my friends

LowParry

I'll be on just a little before or at 9PM EST. Will just need to know which group I'm going in and the password.

Edit: I think this time, I'm gonna try the Counter-Strike method of keeping the music off and keeping a headset on. If we're needing mics, I'll go for it. But I think if people know their role and what to do, we'll be golden. I'm gonna aim for a smg/trap method this time around.

SRG01

Sorry that I haven't been active on MGO for a while. I've been busy with some IRL things (doesn't stop me from posting on GAF though :lol).

Anyway, if you guys need to free up a spot in FrogUnit, feel free to kick me!

Nozdeuce

SRG01 said:
Sorry that I haven't been active on MGO for a while. I've been busy with some IRL things (doesn't stop me from posting on GAF though :lol).

Anyway, if you guys need to free up a spot in FrogUnit, feel free to kick me!
You're fine where you are, we moved all the super active people into the main clan. No worries.

LowParry

Man, I wish people could FRAPS these matches. I would love to compile some movies into awesome movies for the GAF clan.

Nozdeuce

Id like to congratulate NAGAF for their team survival performance last night, I've had about 15 clan applications I've had to reject since TS ended last night. Good job guys :lol

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Id like to congratulate NAGAF for their team survival performance last night, I've had about 15 clan applications I've had to reject since TS ended last night. Good job guys :lol
:lol awesome

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:

:lol Nice.

yes, the crew I rolled with last night was awesome, although I'm sure that we all hate the modes that are commonly used in survival.

Feel free to break down the teams, fellas...

Nozdeuce

So we wanna try to keep the same core team together for Alpha? Me, Ephemeris, Ccrook, Guled, ????, ????

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:
So we wanna try to keep the same core team together for Alpha? Me, Ephemeris, Ccrook, Guled, ????, ????

Works for me. Maybe get Wesker and 1st back (if possible). We just need a consistant 6 man team so we don't get shorted on the point tally in the end.

WasabiKing said:
yes, the crew I rolled with last night was awesome, although I'm sure that we all hate the modes that are commonly used in survival.

Feel free to break down the teams, fellas...

I don't think we totally hated all the modes, just that they all seemed to take place on UU.

From Beta, there's myself, Wasabi, and Killthee that I see on the available list*, if they still want to join up again. Do we have any other takers for Beta team?

*If I haven't matched up your gameID and your GAF handle and you played with us last night, I totally apologize.

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
Works for me. Maybe get Wesker and 1st back (if possible). We just need a consistant 6 man team so we don't get shorted on the point tally in the end.
So far looks like they're both unavailable.

Anyone wanna join Alpha team?

Nozdeuce

Metalmurphy said:
I'll join whatever team that doesn't mind me leaving half way :p
Alpha will take your avatar and ...you for as long as you can stay awake :lol

Top Bottom