• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Why doesn't this game have chargeable attacks :'(?! I want Drive in Rising, this be total bullshitan.

I don't understand how you subdue cyborgs without killing them if you cut their body to pieces, but eh. I'll take it.

From what I understand, the wooden sword has a small percentage of causing enemies to just disappear each time you hit them.

It says in the description "While incapable of cutting through targets" so I assume Blade Mode does nothing.

mgrrboxzof8s.gif

i8Hgqve7NAp2N.gif

lucius

Anyone know how many GB the PS3 version is ?

I kind of want to wait for a digital version, but since it is not looking like day1 digital and if it's like 20GB I will just buy the disc.

JPKellams

Goddamn I can't stop listening to Mistral's theme! The boss music in the game is too good.

Free Dominguez is awesome.

I'm at a Ferry Corsten gig in LA right now. He did awesome production on a track for us. Sold out crowd and he is cutting this place up. So proud of our artists.

(Pics on my twitter.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pretty sure I'm on the final chapter. Time to #makeitright.

Why doesn't this game have chargeable attacks :'(?! I want Drive in Rising, this be total bullshitan.

1360988611001oaoct.png

I don't understand how you subdue cyborgs without killing them if you cut their body to pieces, but eh. I'll take it.

Maybe it allows u to just juggle cyborgs infinitely? Kinda like a training mode for combos and what not.

Jintor

Eats

eats how did you get this videogame

the store says it's not available yet eats what black voodoo magic did you perform

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eats

eats how did you get this videogame

the store says it's not available yet eats what black voodoo magic did you perform

Reviewzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mechazawa

So, I know you said Hard felt about right in the amount of time that you played earlier.

Any notably annoying difficulty spikes pop up now that you're near the end?

Chemo

Its day 1 dlc, was already posted a few pages back

edit: NVM, I misread, thought you said MGS4

Ahh, damn it. So is that a no, there is no MGS2 skull suit costume in this game?

If anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know~

dan2026

The time has come and so have I!

The wooden sword doesn't cut people (its made of wood)
It doesn't do much damage but after a while it does take out enemies.
There is a low % chance of it doing a takedown, you just have to fight until it happens.

Its a way to do a no death run and also kind of a handicap (as it doesn't do much damage)

rvy

Banned
The time has come and so have I!

The wooden sword doesn't cut people (its made of wood)
It doesn't do much damage but after a while it does take out enemies.
There is a low % chance of it doing a takedown, you just have to fight until it happens.

Its a way to do a no death run and also kind of a handicap (as it doesn't do much damage)

What happens in Blade Mode?

Dr Dogg

Oh yeah. My bad!

Holding my "MGR Party" today, think the front room is decked out well enough? The gf even made Rising Cupcakes!

Wait! What? Isn't that a bit premature? Well that's dedication... I suppose. Oh you're Sky remote in the corner on the bottom photo looks like that photo-bombing seal.

winstano

Office? Are you a reviewer?

A party just for Rising? Isn't that a bit much?

Are the Rising Cupcake filled with razor blades to get the taste of cutting?

Wait! What? Isn't that a bit premature? Well that's dedication... I suppose. Oh you're Sky remote in the corner on the bottom photo looks like that photo-bombing seal.

Nah, it's part of a competition run by "Come Round" in the UK. Got the game on Thursday, and a "party pack" with T shirts, posters and stuff... If I win the competition I get to go and meet Kojima next week!

As for the blades, wish I had that kinda foresight!

Dr Dogg

Nah, it's part of a competition run by "Come Round" in the UK. Got the game on Thursday, and a "party pack" with T shirts, posters and stuff... If I win the competition I get to go and meet Kojima next week!

As for the blades, wish I had that kinda foresight!

Ah yeah I saw that offer as a preorder offer from shopto. Would have done the same but I wanted that oh so sexy Steelbook to add to my rather nerdy MGS collection.

winstano

Ah yeah I saw that offer as a preorder offer from shopto. Would have done the same but I wanted that oh so sexy Steelbook to add to my rather nerdy MGS collection.

I'm still thinking about the LE from Zavvi, if their track record with LE's holds up... (HD Collection dropped to £55 within 3 weeks of launch)

haikira

imag0651i2qjy.jpg

imag06567arx3.jpg

Got lucky with a seller. It's not even out until the 22nd, here in the UK.

Kind of regret not going for the PS3 version though.

Carbonox

I'm having a really hard time with the demo.
It's like I'm too stupid to use Blade mode, or whatever.
But it looks so good. And I mean SO GOOD.

Took me a while to get used to it until I started ignoring the right stick and just using the face buttons for slicing. I will need to learn the right stick sooner or later though due to specific body parts giving you points. So yeah, learn with the face buttons first.

Carbonox

I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 2 HD just 'cause, and I totally forgot what a piece of wank Raiden was at the start of the game. Easily one of the worst debuts for a main character in a franchise ever. Everything he said just made me want to hit him, especially when he talks to Solid Snake. Thank God shit turned around for him from MGS4 onwards. :lol

Use the face buttons?

Sorry, Square and Triangle (IIRC). You can use them in blade mode - the former only does horizontal slashes and the latter does vertical slashes. Makes it easier for you to just focus on the direction you're slashing in as the face button slashes are preset.

jett

D-Member
Took me a while to get used to it until I started ignoring the right stick and just using the face buttons for slicing. I will need to learn the right stick sooner or later though due to specific body parts giving you points. So yeah, learn with the face buttons first.

You don't need the right stick at all, and there's an easy way to get a high BP bonus: parry an attack -> blade mode -> cut off their legs right above the knee crap -> they'll contort in a way that makes it really easy to get the left arm, just cut through the white symbol int their suit, below the shoulder. All of this just using the square button. Downside is that you have to wait for an enemy to attack.

Carbonox

You don't need the right stick at all, and there's an easy way to get a high BP bonus: parry an attack -> blade mode -> cut off their legs right above the knee crap -> they'll contort in a way that makes it really easy to get the left arm, just cut through the white symbol int their suit, below the shoulder. All of this just using the square button.

Oh so even for the specific body part removals you don't need the right stick? Good enough for me then. Cheers for the advice. Right stick slicing sucks.

Top Bottom