• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

rvy

Banned
(or NG2)..

Don't be silly.

136090766150555c79.png

demidar

I might be crazy, but you can dodge the explosion from the incendiary shuriken if it explodes midway through a Reverse Wind.

Ricker

Revengeance difficulty looks balls hard
w/o infinity wig holy shit
. Looks almost as hard as a Master Ninja run in NG:B (or NG2)..
That dying from 2 rockets with full health upgrades

And that is why I am skipping this game and I absolutly hated the Blade Mode... looks great though,have fun guys.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
And that is why I am skipping this game and I absolutly hated the Blade Mode... looks great though,have fun guys.

Thats the top unlockable difficulty. Theres a normal and even an easy mode, son.

Normal mode is apparently pretty easy, and easy mode has optional automatic parrying, plus there are purposely overpowered unlockables.

Saw a guy beat Revengeance mode while playing awful because he equipped the wig. After seeing stuff like the wooden sword, it seems like the game is as hard as you'd like it to be, or as easy.

I've found that people prefer not playing a game over lowering the difficulty setting. I have no idea why.

My first playthrough might be on Normal cuz I'm not confident in my skills. But after that I'll play on The harder difficulties. I figure I'll get my skills up at first. But if I think Normal is too easy, I'll just jump to Hard right away. I have a friend who'll play in easy because she likes the action and doesn't mind button bashing; she did that with Bayonetta and Vanquish too.

Sakujou

Banned
Guys, you are already talking about this game...

Do you have it already?

I saw one guys posting a picture of the US-version of it, but hes living in the UK. So whats the deal?

CANT WAIT!!!!

So looking forward... ill buy the limited edition of this for 360 with the Raiden figure.

Guys, you are already talking about this game...

Do you have it already?

I saw one guys posting a picture of the US-version of it, but hes living in the UK. So whats the deal?

CANT WAIT!!!!

So looking forward... ill buy the limited edition of this for 360 with the Raiden figure.

A couple guys found stores that broke street date, others like EatChildren got review copies. There's some streams up on Twitch too. The rest of us have to wait til official launch day.

JoeFenix

Final build looks much more polished overall.

Every enemy has that cool glowing eye before they attack now, much more consistent, even the Gecko does it.

Sound design seems like a big upgrade, more sound in general and blade mode now has a nice little ping noise when you are aligned with the target.

Man, I want it now!!!!!!!!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooooo any other cameos besides Sunny?

There's a lot of referencing and grounding in the Metal Gear world, especially in codec conversations. It's very self aware of what happened in MGS4, the legacy characters and their relationships, and has quite a few in-jokes, commentary, and notes as to the overall universe and established canon.

But people playing this for a direct sequel to MGS4 with a strong emphasis on MGS4's characters and elements are probably going to be disappointed. KojiPro/Platinum wanted to make a side story that could stand alone as a new series, and that's exactly what Rising is.

Carbonox

I've watched the full
Metal Gear Ray
over and over (skipping cutscenes so I don't get spoiled in that area) a bazillion times and it's still fucking sensational every time. Even since the first footage came from it months ago. The music, the shit Raiden does, etc. *swoon* I can't get enough of it.

The wait until Friday will be painful as fuck.

Akainu

There's a lot of referencing and grounding in the Metal Gear world, especially in codec conversations. It's very self aware of what happened in MGS4, the legacy characters and their relationships, and has quite a few in-jokes, commentary, and notes as to the overall universe and established canon.

But people playing this for a direct sequel to MGS4 with a strong emphasis on MGS4's characters and elements are probably going to be disappointed. KojiPro/Platinum wanted to make a side story that could stand alone as a new series, and that's exactly what Rising is.
Not even Hal? Does Sunny live by herself?

Also does the circle button still not do anything?

RS4-

Is dodging present in final game? How does one execute it?

X + A / Square + X

I'm not sure if there's another version you can unlock; probably have a different variation of it. The first one you can unlock for 3k BP is some sort of back step with parry. Just not the uhh, "full" parry that stuns attackers and sets them up for blade mode

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Not even Hal? Does Sunny live by herself?

Also does the circle button still not do anything?

Hal is mentioned in relation to Sunny if you call the right people on your codec. In cutscenes the game doesn't really fill out the universe much so much as drive Raiden's missions. The meat of the Metal Gear universe and characters, and what's happened, can be found within optional codec conversation.

Circle does nothing except grapple spines.

EatChildren

Can you stealth kill those little robots? I forget their names. Mistral uses them.

Dwarf Gekkos, and no, not as far as I'm aware. There's no trouble though if your crowd control skills are down.

Dr Dogg

I'm still thinking about the LE from Zavvi, if their track record with LE's holds up... (HD Collection dropped to £55 within 3 weeks of launch)

I got my copy of MGS:HD from Zavvi's eBay store for £30. Not sure I like the UK/Europe LE I'd rather have the swanky Japanese one, artbook and all. Still Piggyback's guide looks the bee's knees.

S1kkZ

@EatC. : how is the parry move introduced in the game?
i just cant get it to work in the demo (only on the boss, no problem with the standard enemies) and it makes me feel like an idiot. i am no stranger to this type of game (love ng, dmc 3 and bayonetta) but i cant even beat the fucking boss in the demo because of the parry.

jett

D-Member
@EatC. : how is the parry move introduced in the game?
i just cant get it to work in the demo (only on the boss, no problem with the standard enemies) and it makes me feel like an idiot. i am no stranger to this type of game (love ng, dmc 3 and bayonetta) but i cant even beat the fucking boss in the demo because of the parry.

wut

You just press forward and square.

I would find this more impressive if it weren't so easy to parry.

Sigh, I just can't get into this game.

Where other games use dodge as a primary way to avoid enemy attacks, MGR uses parrying. Dodging in most games requires a single button press and a move of the stick. Parrying in MGR is a single button press and a move of the stick. I don't really get the "parrying is too easy" criticism for this game.

S1kkZ

wut

You just press forward and square.

i know how it works (and it works fine on the gekkos and cyborgs), i just cant get it to work on the boss. wait until the enemy "glows", press in his direction + square. for some reason, i just cant get it to work on the boss, at all.

Top Bottom