• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

well, finished on hard this time. not as glorious as the first time i played it/like Antitrop is experiencing it now, but still awesome.
Now, suffer through Very Hard and delete the videos and get 22gb back :D

You don't even want to know what kind of bullshit is in store for you in the very hard version of that fight.
Now i'm scared :(

So seems that I had the problem of the 24Hz with my Samsubng tv. The game felt sluggish, going through the menus was a horrible experience, I couldnt get the hang of the controls (even after watching the youtube video) and the enemies were beating me to the pulp. Those damn metal gear cows are the fucking worst.
I got to K-9 I just couldnt beat him. I was starting to hate the game.

I changed from 1080p ingame to the one before and my screen said the resolution was still 1080 (I dont undesrtand why is happening this, resolution even seems to be exactly the same) but this time the game was working at 60hz intead of 24Hz. The game totally changed, menus worked fast as hell, movement was responsive and it felt that the game was working at X2 the speed before (indeed, its working now 60fps ingame). Kicked the ass of the damn dog on my first try and had a blast playing until the start of the third chapter.
NOW it feels an amazing game.

BTW Is there a way to pass the fucking logos from the start of the game?, I think is the worst longest and not passable logos list I have seen at the start of a game and is infurating.

So about parodies....
The dog boss
talked like a Dalek when he was evil, said Exterminate in the same manner, and now the Doktor has turned him good and Raiden is calling him K-9... mmmm...
Coincidence? I think not! lol

Soulstar

I'm having problems with this game constantly crashing. I'm using the borderless windowed program to play full screen windowed. Also If I try to play fullscreen my game will automatically minimize to the taskbar and will continue to do so if I try to click on it to maximize it again.

Fantasmo

Well this game is certainly a lot better with fullscreenizer or whatever :p
24fps, what the hell kind of bug is that? Have they said anything about fixing it?

Pengew

For some reason it will not allow me to play this on my second monitor. I have a 40'' Samsung as the second display. Load it up in Big Picture Mode and it goes blank and acts as though there is no signal. I have to switch back to the PC monitor and it works there.

I have tried loading it up on the monitor first then switching over but get the same thing.

For some reason it will not allow me to play this on my second monitor. I have a 40'' Samsung as the second display. Load it up in Big Picture Mode and it goes blank and acts as though there is no signal. I have to switch back to the PC monitor and it works there.

I have tried loading it up on the monitor first then switching over but get the same thing.
Try setting your second monitor as the default display.

Levyne

Banned
Just beat it.

That final boss is so over the top. One part I didn't quite get was his healing. I'm also unsure if one of the qte sequences is meant to be a fail-state of not avoiding him or what but it did I lot of damage so I didn't mind.

Time for the DLC.

Just beat it.

That final boss is so over the top. One part I didn't quite get was his healing. I'm also unsure if one of the qte sequences is meant to be a fail-state of not avoiding him or what but it did I lot of damage but I didn't mind.

Time for the DLC.

When he starts regenning his health you are supposed to
use blade mode to cut up the big glowing thing on his back.

2San

Remember that you can click the thumbstick to recenter the camera, too. It's a way to quickly re-orient to where Raiden is facing.

Might be a bit late, but here are some general newcomer tips:

• You can look at your movelist under HELP in the pause menu.
  • Set the camera sensitivity to setting 8 or so.
  • The Parry and Perfect Parry mechanics are the foundation of the entire game.
  • As soon as the store is available, purchase "Defensive Offense". This is a short dash slash with generous invincibility frames to avoid otherwise unblockable attacks (beams, fire, explosions, grabs/throws). The majority of attacks can be canceled into Defensive Offense, so you don't have to let up the offensive.
  • Zandatsu's restore all fuel cell gauge and health. The game is set up where you can Zandatsu every enemy in a engagement and recovery whatever energy you need.
  • Regular fodder enemies can be Zandatsu'd right away. Tougher enemies will either need to be stunned via Perfect Parry or you need to do enough damage to body parts (body parts will have a mild blue glow if they can be severed via Blade Mode).
  • Blade mode camera and the slice angle can be controlled with both thumbsticks. You can press an attack button to actually perform the slice - X for horizontal and Y for vertical. If you line up the initial cut with the sticks, just press an attack button for the surgical slice. Once you've hit the red box target, you can "let'er rip" with the slashes... they won't destroy the spine, but do add to your combo/score.
  • You can cancel anything into Blade Mode. This is useful for canceling the recovery on slower moves.
  • Sometimes certain moves will initiate a slowdown and there will be a blue haze over the screen. This usually indicates a good Zandatsu opportunity, since certain moves will line up easy Zandatsus. Examples are the full L aircombo or running H.
  • Falling Lightning, despite the name, is the easiest way to take out airborne opponents. Purchase it from the shop. This autotracking divekick sets up Zandatsus perfectly against the vulture-types.

The Parry Mechanic
  • A Parry is performed by tapping towards the enemy + light attack during the startup and active frames of an enemy's attack.
  • You must Parry in the direction of the enemy, not necessarily the direction of the attack.
  • You must press toward + light attack for EVERY hit. This means, if a move strikes Raiden three times, you must press towards + light three times, timed for each hit.
  • The Parry is simply a regular block if not timed perfectly. If you time the Parry with the very moment that Raiden will get struck, you'll get a Perfect Parry. Timing is less generous on the harder difficulties.
  • A Perfect Parry will result in a powerful auto-counter slash by Raiden that will typically stun enemies, setting them up for Zandatsu. While you're learning the timing of the Perfect Parries, the general rule of thumb is to attempt Parry earlier rather than later. If you make a mistake, you'll still get the block.
  • You can cancel almost any light attack into the Parry.
  • You can cancel a Parry with Defensive Offense.
  • Aerial Perfect Parries (must be bought in the shop) will hit enemies that otherwise dodge the the grounded Perfect Parry counterattack (such as Geckos).
Good stuff, didn't know you could cancel anything with blade mode.

Grief.exe

So I overclocked my monitor to 75 Hz, the extra 20% frames felt like a big difference.

I noticed it felt smoother and there was less of a blurring effect, though some of that may have been the lack of Triple Buffered v-sync

Wish Rising would go above 60 frames.

nOoblet16

So pretty much the only reason why this game has bland environments is because the really short time Platinum had to deliver this game along with the goals set by Kojima (ie. 60FPS gameplay with the zandatsu and cutting mechanics, which I presume took a lot of work as far as programming is concerned)

Anybody else have this issue?
B8BA6DF666BD19F360BE55E22765C8435C20EE33
That's my main menu. I can get it to go away by simply changing any graphics setting in the options but then when I restart the game it does it again. Yesterday it just came back while in the middle of a cutscene.

ZeroX03

Banned
So pretty much the only reason why this game has bland environments is because the really short time Platinum had to deliver this game along with the goals set by Kojima (ie. 60FPS gameplay with the zandatsu and cutting mechanics, which I presume took a lot of work as far as programming is concerned)

Development time for Platinum was roughly 14 months iirc?

As I know 8-4 worked on the script localisation, did they have someone over to supervise?

Not that I remember. It was myself, two producers from Platinum, one from Kojima Productions, my direct superior, the vocal director, the sound engineer... And that's all that fit into the room I think.

I have to be missing something with the lock-on switching mechanic, this elevator fight is a pain in the ass because I can't reliably switch to the air targets and take them out before the heavy hitters come in. As far as i can tell R1 simply hardlocks on to whatever enemy has the targeting circle already on it, how do you cycle between targets?

Cerity

Just beat monsoon on hard, i've found the boss fights easy so far, I actually have more trouble with the special mobs. Keen to try out revegeance mode if this keeps up.

Anybody else have this issue?

That's my main menu. I can get it to go away by simply changing any graphics setting in the options but then when I restart the game it does it again. Yesterday it just came back while in the middle of a cutscene.

Are you forcing AA globally anywhere?

Jintor

Man, Armstrong beat the shit out of me on Hard. Got up to him with no nanopastes and I couldn't cut for shit until I got back into the rhythm.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Fuck this piece of shit game. The camera is one of the worst things I've ever fucking seen and the controls are fucking terrible. Uninstalled. What a waste of money. GAF doesn't know what its talking about.

Top Bottom