• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insertia

Read the spoilers on gamefaqs. :(

Huge.
If you're getting the game day 1, stay away.

Awesomely enough I have a horrible memory and will forget them in a matter of hours and won't play the game until...maybe this time next year what with school and work occupying my time. :/

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
it's been fun, i woulda liked to see the other countdown banners but oh well.

*salute*

bailoutre5.gif

novery said:
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I'm breaking radio silence to first, thank BruceLeeRoy for the most amazing Official Thread the internet will ever see. You're giving our official site a run for its money, and now our webmaster hates you.

And secondly, I'm here to to ruin the party by begging all of you to avoid this thread until you finish the game. I guarantee there will be spoilers coming out today that will ruin some of the MGS4 experience.

You and I have waited too damn long for June 12, 2008. Unplug for seven days, you won't regret it.

-rp

Hey Ryan, and first things first. I want to congratulate you on being involved in one of the most fucking awesome games I have ever played. Nothing major in the story has happened thus far, but the amount of HOLY SHITS, i got cannot be calculated. I love this game to bits, and I love you guys for making it.
This game has exceeded my expectations 10-fold and may well surpass ocarina of time finally as the next life altering game for me.

*salutes

*bails out of the internet

Knight77

Guys I guess that if you want to avoid the spoilers in gamefaqs...well...just avoid gamefaqs! :) we can stay here and try to talk about something else than the spoilers that are in other sites. Just hope that the mods will kill everyone will try to spoiler something here...

Tom_Cody

Knight77 said:
Guys I guess that if you want to avoid the spoilers in gamefaqs...well...just avoid gamefaqs! :) we can stay here and try to talk about something else than the spoilers that are in other sites. Just hope that the mods will kill everyone will try to spoiler something here...

Exactly. I think RP hasn't seen BruceLeeRoy's anti-spoiler banner.

Lakitu

st5fu
Tom_Cody said:
Exactly. I think RP hasn't seen BruceLeeRoy's anti-spoiler banner.

Trust me, someone will want to spoil the game for you all. I remember a massive game, was it Halo 3? (or Halo 2) When some guys just registered to post spoilers all over the place on GAF.

Mromson

Lakitu said:
Trust me, someone will want to spoil the game for you all. I remember a massive game, was it Halo 3? (or Halo 2) When some guys just registered to post spoilers all over the place on GAF.
There's an approval time for posting though.

hulot

You know what's worse than spoilers getting posted on other forums? The idiots here who come in to post as to what EXACTLY was spoiled and then complain about it.

OMG THAT THING ABOUT RAIDEN/VAMP/SNAKE/PATRIOTS/WHATEVER WAS SPOILED!:lol :lol

Lakitu

st5fu
hulot said:
You know what's worse than spoilers getting posted on other forums? The idiots here who come in to post as to what EXACTLY was spoiled.

Christ mate, you are taking it on a whole new level. The non-spoilers spoiled it for you!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I think GAF is safe, if there are any spoilers posted here, it won't be viewable for long and the poster won't be here long enough to spoil anything else.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lakitu said:
Why because we are taking precautions to avoid spoilers?
No. People that are taking precautions to avoid spoilers are doing a good job.

People that are POSTING SPOILERS HERE (ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE ENDING!!!!) are seriously helmeted.

hulot

Lakitu said:
Christ mate, you are taking it on a whole new level. The non-spoilers spoiled it for you!

See edit :p

Even though I wouldn't consider myself a stickler for anti-spoilers, my comment was mostly directed towards the ones who post what was spoiled and then complain about it being spoiled. Really though, something like what DieH@rd posted is still a ruined surprise.

h3ro

IGN Australia Review

10 Presentation
Thoughtfully designed menus, detailed information, deep options and the look and feel of a game that knows it's important.
10 Graphics
This game hands a cigarette and blindfold to just about everything that has come before it.
10 Sound
Consistently excellent score, voice acting and environmental sound effects. The final mix is utterly absorbing, cleverly implemented and almost as impressive as the visuals.
9.5 Gameplay
Evolutionary Metal Gear - and that's a very good thing. There are niggles here and there - it's not perfect - but it's very polished and engrossing.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
Metal Gear Online or not, we came for the single-player game. We got just enough to balance out the cutscenes. There is definite replayability to be had, if you're passionate.

Overall 9.5

BeeDog

h3ro said:
IGN Australia Review

10 Presentation
Thoughtfully designed menus, detailed information, deep options and the look and feel of a game that knows it's important.
10 Graphics
This game hands a cigarette and blindfold to just about everything that has come before it.
10 Sound
Consistently excellent score, voice acting and environmental sound effects. The final mix is utterly absorbing, cleverly implemented and almost as impressive as the visuals.
9.5 Gameplay
Evolutionary Metal Gear - and that's a very good thing. There are niggles here and there - it's not perfect - but it's very polished and engrossing.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
Metal Gear Online or not, we came for the single-player game. We got just enough to balance out the cutscenes. There is definite replayability to be had, if you're passionate.

Overall 9.5

This is NeoGAF dude, you're late by 35 days. :D (not really, but it's been posted a couple of times)

FUCK.

Time to bail out.

EDIT: Gamestop just sent me an email saying my limited edition MGS4 guide is shipping. It will be here in two days. I MUST EXCERCISE EXTREME WILLPOWER TO NOT LOOK AT THE SPOILERS!

h3ro said:
IGN Australia Review

10 Presentation
10 Graphics
10 Sound
9.5 Gameplay
8.5 Lasting Appeal

Overall 9.5
IGN RACIST CONFRIMD!

Stop leaving, what we need are mods to enforce the rules, if we all leave the thread it falls apart, you are all quiting so easily. You want the greatest official thread to become a waste. Fight for it!

Laurent

THE LA LI LU LE LO!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks Ryan for breaking radio silence! Now let's just hope you will at least take the opportunity of the American Tour to record a couple of soundclip JUST IN CASE you get permission / occasion to make a podcast return...

It's funny how dumb some of you are. You whine about spoilers at Gamefaqs and then you fucking POST WHAT THEY SPOILED.

I'm always amazed at just how stupid people can be around here.

Cmagus

Just don't go to gamefaqs there problem solved.This thread has got me excited I have played all the Metal gear games and im not the hugest fan but man i want this so badly.

snack said:
FFS, STOP QUOTING THAT SHIT!

FUCK!

Yea forgot to edit that :/ bit pissed and slow here...

Alright guys. I read the previous page of this thread and WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE?!

I hate when people post shit like "Oh. Gamefaqs spoiled who liquid snake is. I mean we all know he is clone of big boss but i won't tell you."

What kinda bullshit talk is this? If you know something that others won't then FUCKING SPOILER IT OR GET THE FUCK OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom