• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

312wgp0.png

This is my first Official Thread! Hope you guys like it!

27yzev6.png

2cfv7ms.jpg

28b8wwj.png

----- Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker - Ad-hoc Party thread -----

Ad-HOC Party Explained - Cross Region Play has been confirmed by Y2Kev and duckroll!

Players: 1p offline, 2-4p COOPS AD-HOC, 6p versus AD-HOC, Memory Stick Install (Not Optional) 300MB or 800MB

$39.99 on Amazon.com
, £17.91 on Amazon.co.uk and PSN Version (should be $39.99/€39.99)

Gamestop Special Edition (Not Available Anymore)

beubzm.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Collector's Edition Barnes & Noble (Thanks to spookyfish)

2ikuyae.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Accessory Set Amazon

1z2duhi.jpg

* The Latest Title in the METAL GEAR SOLID Series!: A true continuation of the ever-evolving franchise that stood the test of time and started the stealth action genre, PEACE WALKER is the first title on the PSP system in which mastermind Hideo Kojima has fully taken up the reigns to direct, write, and design the game himself.

* Extensive Content for Massive Replay Value!: Arguably one of the deepest PSP games to be released as Kojima Productions pushes the boundaries of the platform to new levels while blending various game styles together in ways that will captivate and engross both veterans and newcomers to METAL GEAR.

* Proven Gameplay, Story, and More: Fans of the series will enjoy the exhilaration of familiar stealth elements of previous MGS titles and will also be enticed by the new gameplay features making their debut in PEACE WALKER. Those expecting a typical stealth game will be blown away by the PEACE WALKER experience. This game is a blend of action RPG elements, RTS elements for a PSP experience like none other. Staying true to METAL GEAR form, the entire game experience is woven together by a gripping story which unfolds through the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa and acclaimed comic book artist, Ashley Wood.

* AD-HOC Multiplayer Supported: PEACE WALKER provides up to 4-player CO-OPS (COperative-OPerationS) gameplay, which is a revolutionary first for the series that introduces the all-new CO-OP Ring and "Snake Formation." The CO-OP Ring allows gamers to interact and build their camaraderie through the sharing of items, equipment, and LIFE gauges during the heat of battle, while the "Snake Formation" lets one player take the lead so the others can focus on defense.

28vr9m0.gif
fvdwkw.png

Shooter Type

fkz5gg.gif

Action Type

c4yt1.gif

Cover (click to enlarge): http://i48.tinypic.com/rb9z5i.jpg

28vr9m0.gif
2mplwns.png

Recruitment of allies (enemy soldiers or POW's) is done using the Fulton System (magic balloon)

kbcd1l.png

nfk2ys.png

hx15xy.png

28vr9m0.gif
m8pwt4.png

2wqz68j.png

1tmwt0.png

28vr9m0.gif
k539mq.png

Your base of operations can develop as you recruit more allies.

aob9mp.png

x6k6kx.png

28vr9m0.gif
35krjp5.png

Use allies and vehicles you have gathered to fight other battles

2uzcmdd.png

28vr9m0.gif
ouabr6.png

adylqt.jpg

iypm2u.jpg

29yqxll.jpg

15i91rs.jpg

2hq3yv4.png

Snake, the legendary hero who once saved the world from the threat of an advanced nuclear weapon, earning the title of "Big Boss" from the US government, leaves his home country for Columbia in South America.
There, he leads a mercenary group known as the MSF (Militaires Sans Frontières), a.k.a. "Soldiers Without Borders."

November, 1974 - Snake is approached by visitors from the Central American paradise of Costa Rica, a "nation without a military."
They report that a mysterious armed force is at work in the region, raising suspicions throughout the once peaceful nation.
Snake accepts their request for help and heads to Costa Rica to investigate.

34ryedw.png

-------------------- Snake (David Hayter) --------------------

10dcba8.png

Former member of the CIA Special Forces Unit, "FOX."
An expert in combat and stealth infiltration, Snake is a legendary hero who once rescued the world from the brink of all-out nuclear war.
Snake holds the tile of "Big Boss" for eliminating "The Boss" - a legendary woman known in intelligence circles as the mother of the world's modern Special forces.
Residing in Colombia, South America, he now leads a mercenary group known as the MSF (Militaires Sans Frontières), A.K.A. "Soldiers Without Borders."

-------------------- Kazuhira Miller (Robin Atkin Downes) --------------------

k55pci.png

Miller plays a vital role in the management of the MSF and supports Snake during his missions. the child of and American GHQ officer and a Japanese woman, he was born during Japan's occupation by US military forces and was given the name "Kazuhira" - a name that represents "Peace" in Japanese.
Upon graduating from college in the US, he joined the Japanese Self Defense Force.
After being discharged, he drifted from one region to another as a mercenary eventually meeting Snake in Colombia

-------------------- Paz (Tara Strong) --------------------

vv0cx.png

A young Costa Rican girl who cherishes peace.
She is studying the nation's peace Constitution under the guidance of Galvez at the yet-to-be-sanctioned united Nations University for Peace.
She was held captive by the mysterious armed force initiating military deployment in various parts of Costa Rica. She, alongside Galvez, entreats the "Soldiers Without Borders" to eliminate the armed force and restore peace to the nation. Her name, Paz, means "Peace" in Spanish.

-------------------- Gálvez (Steve Blum) --------------------

2prgp5z.png

Paz's former instructor. A professor who has lectured on the subject of peace for decades, Galvez currently teaches at Costa Rica's University for Peace.
he accepts Paz's request to ask the "Soldiers Without Borders" to investigate and eliminate the armed force that threatens the region. However, there is more to Galvez than meets the eye...

The descriptions above were taken from the official MGSPW website

-------------------- Characters yet without description --------------------

Left to right: Coldman (H. Richard Greene), Huey (Christopher Randolph), Strangelove (Vanessa Marshall)

op1q1v.png
bdjec7.jpg
1zdw7b8.png

Left to right: Chico (Anthony Del Rio), Cécile (Cat Taber), Amanda (Grey Delisle)

orkrnn.png
2hi3y28.png
2v3n1qc.png

-------------------- AI Bosses --------------------
(even though they appeared on trailers some might consider them spoilers so I linked them)

Pupa - http://i45.tinypic.com/2061rgk.png

Cocoon - http://i49.tinypic.com/x4m1dd.png

Chrysalis - http://i50.tinypic.com/2s1vt5g.png

Scale Between Snake and the AI Bosses - http://i45.tinypic.com/2nuom74.png

kb5blw.png

14o5ekg.jpg

28vr9m0.gif
2ia5pmo.png

During CO-OPS (Cooperative Play), there will be a ring surrounding each player's character.
When a character's ring touches or overlaps another character's ring, a large ring will encircle both characters.
As long as both characters remain within the large ring, they will enjoy a number of benefits such as shared LIFE, weapons and items.

28vr9m0.gif
fasdj8.png

During CO-OPS (Cooperative Play), when a character is close enough to touch another character, a "Snake Formation" icon will be displayed.
When the action button is held down at that time, the characters will initiate the Snake Formation.
While in Snake Formation, the character of the player who held down the action button will follow the lead of the other character and move automatically.
By leaving movement to your partner, you can focus on manipulating the camera to scout for enemies or to attack.
This allow for various styles of cooperative play.
in addition, players will be able to climb over obstacles that are inaccessible by themselves.

28vr9m0.gif
xfdyjb.png

Flatten against a wall (press action button when near a wall), or hold the L button when lying down to see nearby enemies in the surrounding area.
Press the R button while in this position to tag the enemy shown in the camera.
tags are visible through obstacles, so your comrades will know exactly where the enemy is located.

28vr9m0.gif
2aakqwz.png

2isttvb.jpg

During CO-OPS (Cooperative Play),player characters do not die when their LIFE gauge reaches 0.
Instead, the character will fall unconscious.
Characters in the unconscious state cannot move.
However, other players can press the action button when their character is near the unconscious character to initiate CPR.
By using CPR, the unconscious player can be revived.
Repeatedly tapping the action button will shorten the time required to revive fallen comrades.[/B]

28vr9m0.gif
25ury2r.png

25a3g45.jpg

28rcmma.jpg

33o6u10.png

28vr9m0.gif
52b1o9.png

55ow47.jpg

2is6ntz.jpg

wlzm9g.jpg

5fqm92.jpg

2ryg65k.jpg

iyiubt.jpg

14ufhqf.jpg

i3uemt.jpg

2ue2vls.jpg

2mw5r3s.jpg

28vr9m0.gif
n3sxu8.png

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker - Trailer - TGS 2009 - PSP

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker : GC 2009 Official English Trailer HD (Direct Feed)

MGS PEACE WALKER Night 1 "For Starters: A Solo Sneaking Mission"

MGS PEACE WALKER Night 2 "2-Man Cell: Sneaking with a Buddy."

MGS PEACE WALKER Night 3 "CO-ED CO-OPS: Boss Battle as a Group."

MGS PEACE WALKER Final Night "Going Old School: Orthodox Metal"

MGS PEACE WALKER "TACTICAL ESPIONAGE OPERATIONS"

MGS PEACE WALKER OPENING MOVIE

ek0ql1.png

20ts8zn.png

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Assassin's Stealth (April Fools) VIDEO

6pry3l.png

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER X MONSTER HUNTER FREEDOM UNITE(TM) VIDEO

11blwdf.jpg

WALKMAN W SERIES

k49rfm.png

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Uniqlo Shirts... NeoGaf Thread

347a3uo.jpg

Play Arts Kai Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Snake Sneaking Suit Ver.[Square Enix]

28vr9m0.gif
zk1jkj.png

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Official Site

Kojima Productions Official Site

Hideo Blog Kojima Productions Report

Hideo Kojima's twitter

Kojima's Productions twitter

Piece Walker Puzzle Game

Metal gear Solid Peace Walker Official Demo (150MB)

28vr9m0.gif
2i7adep.png

PSM3 - 91%(From CVG)
It (PSM3) concludes that 'it's more than good enough to [be called] Metal Gear Solid 5'.
Thanks to Spiegel for the first review!

IGN - 9.5

Not only is it in the running for the title of greatest game ever on the PSP, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is one of the greatest games in the entire Metal Gear franchise.

Eurogamer - 8/10

...Peace Walker upholds tradition in a compelling new format, it looks like Hideo Kojima has had his cake and eaten it yet again. Alright then, Snake; I guess you can stick around.

Meristation - 9

EDGE - 9
CVG - 9.1
1UP - A-
Gametrailers - 9.1
GameSpot - 9.0

If I missed some item of importance or made some mistake please tell me so I can rectify it.

25gxftk.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
METAL GEAR SOLID 5.

NEVER FORGET ITS TRUE FORM

Does Amazon sell new game codes for PSN the day they arrive on the Store? I've got $10 credit and I'm deciding if I should use it for 3D Dot or wait for this.

Kuran

Banned
Great OP, but you (sadly) might want to edit this... unfortunately this game is only online when tethered to a PS3.

* Online Multiplayer Supported: PEACE WALKER provides up to 4-player CO-OPS (COperative-OPerationS) gameplay, which is a revolutionary first for the series that introduces the all-new CO-OP Ring and "Snake Formation." The CO-OP Ring allows gamers to interact and build their camaraderie through the sharing of items, equipment, and LIFE gauges during the heat of battle, while the "Snake Formation" lets one player take the lead so the others can focus on defense.

Happy Phantom said:
I still really don't understand the AC and MH crossovers. Are those in game or just bonus features?

The AC camo is an unlockable bonus. The Monster Hunter missions are part of the Co-Ops and not the story campaign.

If you're in europe, and you want the game for cheap, it's £16.93 on theHut(with no vat and shipping bullshit if you're not in the uk)
Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker (PSP) - £16.93 @ TheHut (use code 10BANK) Thanks to Keyser Soze from the Cheap Ass GAF'er topic :D
EDIT: It's 1 pound less here :p

I got selected for an early play test last Friday with a Konami team here in Costa Rica, through a Facebook contest, but seeing as I had to work, have no PSP and I'm not really a fan of the series, I had to pass the invitation up. My friend, who does own a PSP and also entered the contest, wanted to kill me. After all, I entered the contest so he could see what kind of questions where being asked. They were also giving away one of those bundles with the camouflaged PSP.

Yoshichan said:
METAL GEAR SOLID 5
£17.95

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/psp/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker/10069979.html

Free shipping also!

Buy it, buy it, buy it

adriano999 said:
If you're in europe, and you want the game for cheap, it's £16.93 on theHut(with no vat and shipping bullshit if you're not in the uk)
Metal Gear Solid 5: Peace Walker (PSP) - £16.93 @ TheHut (use code 10BANK) Thanks to Keyser Soze from the Cheap Ass GAF'er topic :D

WTF
it's so cheap!
bought.

RavenFox

Banned
BatiGOOOOOOL said:
I got selected for an early play test last Friday with a Konami team here in Costa Rica, through a Facebook contest, but seeing as I had to work, have no PSP and I'm not really a fan of the series, I had to pass the invitation up. My friend, who does own a PSP and also entered the contest, wanted to kill me. After all, I entered the contest so he could see what kind of questions where being asked. They were also giving away one of those bundles with the camouflaged PSP.
wtf? GTFO!
BlueWord said:
I am so ready for this. Having surgery on the 3rd, so this should be a great way to pass the time.
Hope it's not to serious bro. Wish you the best.
rainking187 said:
Reserve Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker and receive a GameStop exclusive Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker camouflage bandana. A perfect way to hide a receding hairline, or to accentuate a mullet.
:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How long delivery time is it to Sweden from Thehut.com?

Pooya

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
great job :/.

duckroll

Happy Phantom said:
I still really don't understand the AC and MH crossovers. Are those in game or just bonus features?

They are in-game. It's not hard to understand. There was an unlockable Altair outfit in MGS4 too, and Ape Escape missions in MGS3. This is similar. Bonus stuff you can fuck around with, that just happens to include content from other franchises.

Yoshichan

adriano999 said:
I'm not from Sweden, but it is probably the same as zavvi since they're both owned by the same company, "TheHut Group".
Good stuff! Thanks!

Oyashiro

I've never played a MGS game before (although I did watch my friend go through MGS2...) Am I gonna be completely and utterly lost? It looks like a really fun game, but I was pretty lost during MGS2. Also, when does this story take place in terms of MGS games? (ex: Before MGS2? Before MGS3?) I want to play them in order of story.

Top Bottom