• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

duckroll

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Is there a tutorial anywhere for how to use Ad Hoc party and MGS:pW? I just have no clue how to get it to work. I have the wired connection, I just need to know to know how the software works.

If you have a wired connection, you just run the software and use it as a lobby system. You pick a world, select a lobby, go in, create a 4 player room, and hop in. Anyone on your friend list can see which room you are in and join instantly. Once everyone is in the room, just use the PSP as if someone was right next to you. The PS3 will automatically tunnel the adhoc wireless connection.

duckroll said:
If you have a wired connection, you just run the software and use it as a lobby system. You pick a world, select a lobby, go in, create a 4 player room, and hop in. Anyone on your friend list can see which room you are in and join instantly. Once everyone is in the room, just use the PSP as if someone was right next to you. The PS3 will automatically tunnel the adhoc wireless connection.

What about if you don't have people on your friend list with a PSP. How can you find and get in and/or host random games?

Do I need to be connected wired to do ad-hoc party or can my PS3 stay on it's wireless internet connection?

Also, does playing mp get me stuff for sp and vice-versa?

robut said:
Do I need to be connected wired to do ad-hoc party or can my PS3 stay on it's wireless internet connection?

Also, does playing mp get me stuff for sp and vice-versa?

You need to connect your PS3 with your router/modem using a wire, then you connect your PSP with your PS3 via wireless.

Salaadin

Can you have multiple Bluetooth headset hooked to one ps3 also for when you have 2 Psps using one ps3s ad hoc party

Salaadin said:
Can you have multiple Bluetooth headset hooked to one ps3 also for when you have 2 Psps using one ps3s ad hoc party

I dont believe so, I read somewhere some guys couldnt do it in warhawk, so I guess is not possible for the PS3, unless some firmware update corrected that...

EDIT: I just realized, if you have a official PS3 headset, you can use the headset like a desktop microphone, you just need to wire it and put it on the dock, and it should allow you and your friend to talk. I guess its better than nothing.

duckroll

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
What about if you don't have people on your friend list with a PSP. How can you find and get in and/or host random games?

You can activate a game search on your PSP, and then use Search on Adhoc Party. It will detect the game's broadcast code and match it to any room(s) playing the same game. That's how I played a bunch of PW matches with Japanese players in PW.

duckroll said:
You can activate a game search on your PSP, and then use Search on Adhoc Party. It will detect the game's broadcast code and match it to any room(s) playing the same game. That's how I played a bunch of PW matches with Japanese players in PW.

Cool thanks, I'll try that at lunch in a little while.

VegaShinra

NA version unboxed:

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still don't like the US boxart. I prefer the Japanese Yellow/Black one 20x more.

Boney

Banned
This is going to sound really really really dumb, but how does ad-hoc party work? I mean, is it wireless multiplayer like the DS?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
sotodefonk said:
You need to connect your PS3 with your router/modem using a wire, then you connect your PSP with your PS3 via wireless.
You have to hardwire your PS3 internet connection to play via ad-hoc, rather than use an existing wireless connection? I'm not moving all my stuff around for this. Count me out, blah.

Damn it, UMD has $10 GC for pre-ordering on Amazon, but I want the PSN download.

When the fuck is Sony gonna get of their asses and implement Steam-like pre-order and discounts for PSN downloads?

Come on goddamn it.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just completed the game (review code I had sitting here for a while) after an almost non-stop 20circa hrs session.

It's that good. Sits right there alongside MGS3. Bosses are friggin incredible as well as everything else basically. I'm speechless.

SlickVic

TheSeks said:
I still don't like the US boxart. I prefer the Japanese Yellow/Black one 20x more.

Different strokes I guess. Personally I really like the US boxart.

TTP said:
Just completed the game (review code I had sitting here for a while) after an almost non-stop 20circa hrs session.

It's that good. Sits right there alongside MGS3. Bosses are friggin incredible as well as everything else basically. I'm speechless.

Nice impressions. Did you play through the entire game solo? I remember some previews saying some bosses were incredibly difficult if you didn't do them co-op. Did you experience that or was the challenge reasonable?

Salaadin

TTP said:

Really? THAT good?

Why cant today be Tuesday and tomorrow be Friday so Ill probably have it beaten by tomorrow :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TTP said:

Wow, that's high praise.

Hopefully I can get used to the controls. They felt pretty limited in the demo. Having just finished Splinter Cell Conviction, Peace Walker was feeling pretty damn limited and stiff in comparison. I simply never felt comfortable dealing with enemies in the demo.

TTP said:

I value your opinion more than a lot of websites, so that's good to hear!

HunkyDory

Neo Member
TTP said:

The wait for this game to hit Europe just keep getting harder. :(

thefil

TTP said:

Wow, I think you liked it a bit more than me. :lol

SlickVic said:
Did you play through the entire game solo? I remember some previews saying some bosses were incredibly difficult if you didn't do them co-op. Did you experience that or was the challenge reasonable?

With regards to the bosses being hard, I don't think any took me more than three tries. Probably a case of video game reviewers being a bit bad at games.

Top Bottom