• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Minamu said:
:lol You can't be serious. Remove the quote and I'll remove the post :)
:lol Nah bro, I wasn't serious don't worry!

duckroll said:
Ad-hoc Party is a PS3 program. It's not some firmware function of the PS3. The program itself is a lobby system which supports text and voice chat. So yes, you can use your PS3 headset.

Yeah, but I didn't know if they had the foresight to have my PS3 work as a chat machine at the same time. I imagine if you want to use a mic with infrastructure mode, you are using some PSP peripheral.

So say I don't have a mic, and I'm playing an ad-hoc only game, are the voices comming from my PS3 through my TV speakers or my PSP? I imagine that ad-hoc only games don't have any voice features programmed in because your are in the same room.

duckroll

Class_A_Ninja said:
Yeah, but I didn't know if they had the foresight to have my PS3 work as a chat machine at the same time. I imagine if you want to use a mic with infrastructure mode, you are using some PSP peripheral.

So say I don't have a mic, and I'm playing an ad-hoc only game, are the voices comming from my PS3 through my TV speakers or my PSP? I imagine that ad-hoc only games don't have any voice features programmed in because your are in the same room.

Adhoc Party has nothing to do with the PSP. To the PSP, it does not even know that the tunneling is happening. Everything is controlled from the PS3.

Majine

Banned
Nakazato said:
If you have a ps3 with Wifi you can you Ad-hoc party to play with other people
I have the program installed, but never really bothered to learn what it does :lol

So... I can connect my PSP to this, and search for players around the world, or what?

Nakazato

Majine said:
I have the program installed, but never really bothered to learn what it does :lol

So... I can connect my PSP to this, and search for players around the world, or what?
i think duck should answer this i dont have wifi ps3 :lol :lol :lol :lol
:(

Takao

Banned
Class_A_Ninja said:
How am I 'sposed to talk to my friends who are ad-hocking over PSN. The PSP doesn't have a built in mic, right? Does it let me use my PS3 headset? Is there some special PSP mic I would need to buy?

Duckroll's already got this covered, but just some useless information, all PSPs since 2008 (3000 model introduction) have had a microphone built in for Skype communication (debuted with the 2000 model the year prior), and for online game chats for the 4 games that support them... There are microphone peripherals available for the earlier models. The PSP Camera also acts as a microphone for Skype, but I don't believe it works for game chats.

Vamphuntr

Here we go, just go it from the delivery man. For some reason there is a bonus camo MGS/MSF bandanna.

pw.jpg

Weird bandanna

pw2.jpg

DarkUSS said:
If only more people read the OP.

I was about to post this. In the first post right beneath the big Ad-HOC party image there's a link to the official PlayStation blog, which has a short video tutorial. If you want more information then youtube probably has all the tutorials you'll need!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
CVG - 9.1

Kojima's team did the best they could and it's more than good enough to call Peace Walker a genuine Metal Gear Solid 5. There's almost too much game here - there's no bigger game on PSP and no more varied game in the entire Metal Gear series. It's a technical showcase, sure, but Peace Walker is also a creative showcase that proves that nobody on Earth makes games like Hideo Kojima - because nobody else ever could.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The link to the Gamestop Big Boss bundle is dead and I can't find it on their site anywhere. Did it sell out already?

DarkUSS said:
If only more people read the OP.

Ha ha. I just went through the OP to see if the reviews were added, since my friend told me the IGN review went up last night and it is blocked at worked. I didn't even think to look.

The last piece of tunneling software I used was XBConnect. With that, if you were playing a LAN only game that didn't have voice chat programmed in, there was no option for voice communication either in-game or in the tunneling software. If it was a game that did have voice chat programmed in, it was going through the game. It seemed like Sony went the extra mile for their tunneling software, which I appreciate.

thechemist

Now that the game is delayed in the UK according to GAME, whats going to happen with the Peace Walker Launch Event at HMV Oxford Circus?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aderes said:
why is the topic title Metal Gear Solid 5?
Because it is MGS5.

Salaadin

Kinda OT but did anyone else get a virus from that Edge link? The first time I loaded the page, some fake security program started scanning my PC and interfering with everything I did. I bumped back to a prior restore point and it was fine. The moment I loaded the Edge review again, it happened again.

Just a warning in case.

Yoshichan

Shinjitsu

Banned
Can't wait for PSN to update so I can sink my teeth into this game. I've managed to stay spoiler free since I went on a complete media blackout.

I won't be so pissed about my GO purchase now, since it sounds like it's a very meaty game.

mjc

Sorry if this stuff has been asked already:

-Do I have to play MGS Portable Ops to understand the story in this game? I've played MGS1-4 however.

-Is the LE from Gamestop just the game and an artbook?

Top Bottom