• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

dak1dsk1 said:
Anyone playing this on PC monitor or big screen?

I dont recommend it, it dont look very good 480x272 scaled to whatever your monitor resolution is. At least I didnt like how the demo looked (and MH) its better on the PSP screen and its more comfortable because you dont have too many cables hanging out.

Just called my Gamestop and they have one Big Boss bundle left she says it will be on hold till I get out of the office this afternoon fingers crossed. GAF hype wins again :lol

Ephemeris

awilliams213 said:
Just called my Gamestop and they have one Big Boss bundle left she says it will be on hold till I get out of the office this afternoon fingers crossed. GAF hype wins again :lol
psych-2.jpg

love that show.

Salaadin

sotodefonk said:
I dont recommend it, it dont look very good 480x272 scaled to whatever your monitor resolution is. At least I didnt like how the demo looked (and MH) its better on the PSP screen and its more comfortable because you dont have too many cables hanging out.

If I were to output it to my monitor, is there an easy way to record gameplay with sound without custom firmware. I think itd be kinda cool to record some co-op sessions but every guide I read details custom firmware.

So does this game have to be installed or is it just an option?

As far as I can tell, for UMD, ~800mb optional install for faster loading and fully voiced codecs etc. (or 300mb for audio and no load improvement?) For PSN version, ~300mb gets the full audio and faster load times are already evident.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
infinityBCRT said:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/Photo-0042.jpg
Damn you Kojima!

for making me spend $600 to play MGS4 and then $200 to play MGS5

PSP's a great system. Fuck the haters.

And fuck the haters of that color. I wish my 1000 was that color. :(

Salaadin said:
If I were to output it to my monitor, is there an easy way to record gameplay with sound without custom firmware. I think itd be kinda cool to record some co-op sessions but every guide I read details custom firmware.

Depends on the cable you have. If you have a component cable (the one with red/green/blue cables), recording will be more difficult unless you have a capture hardware that accepts component input. Recording with composite cable (yellow cable) however, is easier, because you can use a VCR/DVD-recorder, a handycam with input capabilities or a capture card in your PC.

Vamphuntr

Quick gameplay question.

SPOILERS for Main OP 4.

So I recovered the tank. What can I do with it? It's listed in my Mother Base arsenal but how do I get to use it?

thefil

Vamphuntr said:
Quick gameplay question.

SPOILERS for Main OP 4.

So I recovered the tank. What can I do with it? It's listed in my Mother Base arsenal but how do I get to use it?

Once you unlock Outer Ops (naturally through the story), you will be able to send it on missions.

infinityBCRT said:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/Photo-0042.jpg
Damn you Kojima!

for making me spend $600 to play MGS4 and then $200 to play MGS5

that really is a sick ass color jeeeezz

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If I get this on PSN will it be annoying to not have the manual? Had no trouble with Jeanne D'Arc but some games are more manual-dependent than others (as in they're either complex or have bad or no tutorials). I also would prefer to avoid in-game manuals if possible.

In Kojima I trusted

But dang, I really wish we could toggle the wall hug. The current configuration is like the most unintuitive thing ever. Also is it possible to choose which tracks you want to hear on the Walkman? I can only play it straight through.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So is this gonna be up today on PSN? Or is it gonna be 2 days late for us GO owners when the usual PSN store update hits on Thurs.

I am flying to LA tmrw and would LOVE this for the flight... :( Goddamn this PSP Go.

Sallokin

I can't believe I've been following this game and only today realized there was a gamestop exclusive limited edition (not the big boss pack), since all the GS here are sold out of the LE, can anyone tell me what I missed out on? I'm assuming special camos and stuff. So disappointed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Brandon F said:
So is this gonna be up today on PSN? Or is it gonna be 2 days late for us GO owners when the usual PSN store update hits on Thurs.

I am flying to LA tmrw and would LOVE this for the flight... :( Goddamn this PSP Go.

*slowpoke.jpg* HEY GUYS I JUST CAME FROM 2007! PSN UPDATES ARE ON THURSDAY!

Everyone else in PSN store thread: Oh, slowpoke... Get back in your Pokeball. Store updates are on Tuesdays now. They have been for the past month.

AstroLad said:
If I get this on PSN will it be annoying to not have the manual?

All PSN store items have their manuals. XMB->Triangle->View Manual.

Shinjitsu

Banned
AstroLad said:
If I get this on PSN will it be annoying to not have the manual? Had no trouble with Jeanne D'Arc but some games are more manual-dependent than others (as in they're either complex or have bad or no tutorials). I also would prefer to avoid in-game manuals if possible.

Games on PSN come with a digital manual, think you press Square when you have the game highlighted.

thechemist

Atm all major sites (amazon, play, zavvi, etc) except Game still have the UK release as the 18th, so hopefully Game has made a mistake.

Salaadin

sotodefonk said:
Depends on the cable you have. If you have a component cable (the one with red/green/blue cables), recording will be more difficult unless you have a capture hardware that accepts component input. Recording with composite cable (yellow cable) however, is easier, because you can use a VCR/DVD-recorder, a handycam with input capabilities or a capture card in your PC.

Hmm sounds like it might be more trouble than its worth. Thanks for the info though.

lopes16

Neo Member
Red Blaster said:
In Kojima I trusted

But dang, I really wish we could toggle the wall hug. The current configuration is like the most unintuitive thing ever. Also is it possible to choose which tracks you want to hear on the Walkman? I can only play it straight through.
You have to wait until you have more people in the R&D team to upgrade the walkman.

RavenFox

Banned
awilliams213 said:
You just got played hard:lol . I mean I would love for you to get it but I have a feeling as soon as she hung up they all had a good laugh.

AstroLad said:

The manual sucks, you're not missing a lot. Hell, I think the OP is more detailed in some areas. :lol

AstroLad said:

I just ordered this through Amazon (the MGS series is one that I always splurge for strategy guides):

517%2By2gWzCL._SS500_.jpg

Kinda OT, but I just bought a Big Boss pack and need recommendations for screen/case protectors, headpphones, and any other worthy accessory that you can mention. Thanks GAF!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
dark10x said:
So what's the good word, does the UMD load on CFW PSPs?

I can try this if you'd like. The thing is, I've already ripped the game so I don't know if that would make a difference when trying the UMD.

Do you want me to run the UMD without the "MGS fix" app that stops the freezing on GEN-D3?

EDIT: It tells me the game could not be started. You're going to have to play it ripped if you want to use it on CFW PSPs.

Lyte Edge said:
I can try this if you'd like. The thing is, I've already ripped the game so I don't know if that would make a difference when trying the UMD.

Do you want me to run the UMD without the "MGS fix" app that stops the freezing on GEN-D3?

EDIT: It tells me the game could not be started. You're going to have to play it ripped if you want to use it on CFW PSPs.

Ripping the UMD right now to see if it'll work on my Phat with the 6.20 prx plug-in. Wouldn't work with UMD so I hope it works when loaded from the memory stick

edit: No go on running from memory stick with 6.20 prx.

Anyone else using the Monster Hunter Claw method for the action controls?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
OK, let me make sure I got this understood. If I want to play Peace Walker on Gen-D3, I have to rip the game from the UMD, then put MGSFix in the game folder for me to play through Mission 1. Then, I have to take out MGSFix, and put in MGSNever for the rest of the game? I just put MGSFix/MGSNever in the GAME Folder? I don't have to do anything else? Thanks for any help.

Vespa

-Winnie- said:
Aww crap, apparently the game is getting a delay for Europe, or the UK at least.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PSP/Ste...-In-Game-T-Shirt-Gun/~r342216/?s=peace+walker

9th of July? :<

Hopefully this is just an error.

aRGHHHH! I'm even closer to pulling the trigger on importing the Big Boss pack. I hope the delay is for a good reason, like a CE version or European Extreme mode >:[ Odd thing is amazon, HMV and TheHut still have it down for the 18th? What happens to the Launch Event now?

I emailed Hori about the psp accessory pack coming out in the UK, they said it'll be available when the game launches at retailers like GAME and HMV, guess it wasn't up on their sites because they knew of the delay?

TheSeks said:
It's only 3. PSN US starts to update at 5-7PM. Calm down.

If I had my way, it would have been up at midnight. You know, when the game comes out?

Very frustrating that people have had the game shipped to them from Amazon before Sony can be bothered to put it up on PSN.

Yen

I hope the blue gekko in the top corner, from Portable Ops does not return. Using native soldiers was too easy. You could just walk through maps.

Vamphuntr

My silencer is breaking so fast :( . This uprade and management system is strangely addictive.

autobzooty said:
Very frustrating that people have had the game shipped to them from Amazon before Sony can be bothered to put it up on PSN.

Gamestop.ca had it shipped at my door at 9:45 this morning. It's pretty cool you get free Purolator shipping!

Ephemeris

autobzooty said:
If I had my way, it would have been up at midnight. You know, when the game comes out?

*raises head from the screen*

I agree.

*goes back to playing*

ViolentP

They really should promote the DD model more by releasing at midnight.

EDIT: By the way, when it finally releases on PSN tonight, if you guys can hold off until I download mine first, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God these boss battles are so tough. They are really great. Amazing graphics and you really have to work at it. This is how bosses should be.

burnfout said:
Is this going up today in the EU PSN store?

I don't think that's going to happen, the physical copy only arrives on the 17th (18th UK) in Europe so the PSN release will most likely coincide with that date, but I'm not sure so...

thefil

Vamphuntr said:
My silencer is breaking so fast :( . This uprade and management system is strangely addictive.

Weird, I don't think mine broke more than once the whole game. Mind you, I managed to somehow bee-line to the 3-star Mk22 pretty quickly.

Top Bottom