• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My best, sweet ass friend just bought this game for me.

I love her. No need to wait for EU :D :D

Guileless said:
The link to the Gamestop Big Boss bundle is dead and I can't find it on their site anywhere. Did it sell out already?
Some stores may have a few extras but yes, the site is sold out. It's a limited edition bundle and sadly, GS is the only store in the US that is selling the camo colored PSP.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BattleMonkey said:
Don't have a wired connection to the ps3, can't ad hoc party :(

Connect to router? Is this really hard for people to move their router/connection? o_O

Salaadin

TheSeks said:
Connect to router? Is this really hard for people to move their router/connection? o_O

I have my PS3 wired to my PC and have that connection bridged to the wireless card in my PC. Theres a few options out there for those that cant directly plug into a router. I think you can even buy a wireless bridge and hook your PS3 to it and set it up as wired.

kingslunk

I went to gamestop at 10 a.m. and got big boss pack. Turns out some guy canceled his pre order otherwise I wouldn't have got one. Thank God.

Congrats King!

I'll be picking my bundle up later today and won't really be able to play any Co-Op until late in the day tomorrow. So if that fits into anyone's schedule add me on PSN.

So fucking pumped and glad it's getting some amazing glowing reviews!

TheSeks said:

I would have to move the router to the other side of the house which is just not going to happen for one game, and not running a giant cable to the other side.

Moving the PS3 temporarily to the office is my only option but that is a pain in the ass.

kingslunk said:
I'll post some later tonight when I get home if thats cool.

Thanks. I was pretty much like :D in the store when he told me.

Cool. I reserved one at my store but will have to wait til the end of the month to buy mines (low on funds right now). I can't wait to see how my bundle looks.

duckroll

I have a suggestion: If we plan on holding games with each other on GAF, instead of adding everyone to a friend list which could be messy, why not just set a specific World/Lobby meetup place for GAF gamers? I recommend World G-22. Inside that lobby, anyone setting up a game could just make the room name NeoGAF PW, with the password as neogaf or something. Nothing top secret, just helps filter it out and makes arranging games much easier. That could even be put in the topic.

Thoughts?

Vamphuntr

The codes from the JP Uniqlo t-shirts are working in the US release. Since they are not unique you can pretty much get them all from the JP peace walker wiki. :p

Majine

Banned
duckroll said:
I have a suggestion: If we plan on holding games with each other on GAF, instead of adding everyone to a friend list which could be messy, why not just set a specific World/Lobby meetup place for GAF gamers? I recommend World G-22. Inside that lobby, anyone setting up a game could just make the room name NeoGAF PW, with the password as neogaf or something. Nothing top secret, just helps filter it out and makes arranging games much easier. That could even be put in the topic.

Thoughts?
G for Gaf? I like it. What's 22 referring to? Or just random? :D

ViolentP

duckroll said:

Thoughts?

I think it's a damned fine idea.

mehdi_san

duckroll said:

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. BTW, do we know whether the Japanese and American versions of the game are compatible for coop play or not?

Snookie

2lwrrf7.jpg

:D

duckroll said:

Thoughts?

Would work but we should have an Online meet-up thread as the lurkers here would bombard that lobby =/ Since it's shown to everyone, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
duckroll said:

Thoughts?

I was going to say, why add everyone to your list when you can just do this? :|

I don't think making the password GAF is a good idea. I mean there is lurkers and all, but eh... whatever floats the majorities boat.

duckroll said:

Thoughts?

I like it!

mehdi_san said:
Sounds good to me. BTW, do we know whether the Japanese and American versions of the game are compatible for coop play or not?

Y2Kev and duckroll confirmed cross region play works fine!

duckroll

TheSeks said:
I was going to say, why add everyone to your list when you can just do this? :|

I don't think making the password GAF is a good idea. I mean there is lurkers and all, but eh... whatever floats the majorities boat.

Is the Online forum closed to lurkers then? I might make a thread there instead. I'm ashamed I'm even asking this, since I'm a mod. :lol

duckroll said:
Is the Online forum closed to lurkers then? I might make a thread there instead. I'm ashamed I'm even asking this, since I'm a mod. :lol

Yeah the Online forum is only open to those who are registered.

Oh Duckroll... :lol <3

duckroll

Square Triangle said:
Yeah the Online forum is only open to those who are registered.

Oh Duckroll... :lol <3

Okay, I'll make a thread and it can be linked from the OP. Safer that way. Sorry for my ignorance! :lol

infinityBCRT said:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/Photo-0042.jpg[IMG]
Damn you Kojima!

[spoiler]for making me spend $600 to play MGS4 and then $200 to play MGS5[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I just realized I've done the same thing. And not a dollar was wasted!

D23

this game is sooooo gooooood. my favorite mgs yet, but not gonna lie its pretty hard compared to other MGS titles.

theres actually more playtime this time :D

Snaku

Banned
Should I just upgrade to OFW gaf? Homebrew scene is pretty much dead, and I don't feel like f'n with all of the supposed fixes to get PW to run properly. Can I just upgrade to the OFW that's on the UMD straight from GEN D-3 without issue?

black_vegeta said:
This will be the first PSP game I have bought in a long ass time. Last one was Dissidia.

<3 Kojima.

Coincidentally, I bought Dissidia on clearance for $7 at Target when I picked up Peace Walker. :D

nilbog21

Banned
is this game sort of like portable ops? i've been thinking about buying it but i know nothing about it, could someone fill me in? :|

also, is it good? (i've played all MGS games)

Also, is there any difference between the UK version and the US version? I'm in europe and i dont want to ship it overseas :|

Top Bottom