• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dwayne said:
Has anyone with a UK PSN account attempted to play adhoc with a US PSN account?

My flatmate and I have ordered BigBoss edition PSP's, but i'll be syncing mine with my US PSN account, while he'll be syncing with his UK one. Will they connect for multiplayer? We're also concerned he won't be able to access DLC with a UK account.

adhoc party will work fine with ANY region PSP game. NOTE that the ad-hoc party REGIONAL application (US/EU/HK/JP) WILL NOT find other players that are NOT on that regions application/servers.

As far as the DLC. UK game needs UK PSN account. US game needs US PSN account.

Dwayne

TheSeks said:
adhoc party will work fine with ANY region PSP game. NOTE that the ad-hoc party REGIONAL application (US/EU/HK/JP) WILL NOT find other players that are NOT on that regions application/servers.

As far as the DLC. UK game needs UK PSN account. US game needs US PSN account.

Does that include MGS where the DLC is managed ingame, rather than via PS Store?

James-Ape

show some balls, man
Vamphuntr said:
Depends on where you are in the plot.

I'm on the last boss, but I really want engineers so i can get cool shit for the extra ops. Is it possible to upgrade peoples engineering level?

Vamphuntr

James-Ape said:
I'm on the last boss, but I really want engineers so i can get cool shit for the extra ops. Is it possible to upgrade peoples engineering level?

Some of the extra ops in chapter 5 do give good soldiers. Can you do four stars tank mission? The Perfect Stealth (45-49) mission have good soldiers and POW in them too. Erigu taught that to me earlier.

TheSeks

Dwayne said:
Does that include MGS where the DLC is managed ingame, rather than via PS Store?

The shirt codes are requiring a PSN account. They're universal. As for the actual "DLC" that Japan has, I'm going to err on the side of them requiring REGION SAME as the game itself, but I could be wrong. We dunno yet as there is no DLC out for US/EU yet.

Vamphuntr

OneMoreQuestion said:
Quoted again :D

Yes it is. But you can only like use 2 or 3 words. You cannot make complete sentence. You write it up then you send it to the server for the conversion then you have to download it back.

Vamphuntr said:
Yes it is. But you can only like use 2 or 3 words. You cannot make complete sentence. You write it up then you send it to the server for the conversion then you have to download it back.

2 or 3 words? How can i make a song with 2 or 3 words?

Vamphuntr

OneMoreQuestion said:
2 or 3 words? How can i make a song with 2 or 3 words?

The bosses don't sing complex song.
It' mosty LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

You can also customize your COOP codec and other stuff that would be considered spoilers.

Salaadin

Mightve already been addressed so sorry if it was but what exactly happens when you "beat" the game? Is there any new game plus? Can you revert back to your save prior to beating the final boss so you can 100% everything?

Vamphuntr

Salaadin said:
Mightve already been addressed so sorry if it was but what exactly happens when you "beat" the game? Is there any new game plus? Can you revert back to your save prior to beating the final boss so you can 100% everything?

You can continue playing after defeating the final boss. You keep all of your stuff, it's basically like completing a normal mission.

About to battle the cocoon. I've fought a lot of giant robots in my Metal Gear days, but this one is by far the most intimidating one ever. Nobody does boss battles like Metal Gear boss battles.

HERE I GO.

Edit: Wow I can't do it :lol

My loadout contained two missile launchers and I was still only barely able to knock out the pod, but then the thing was back online by the time I climbed all the way up it. My strategy of using chaff grenades while climbing it to avoid the turret fire was effective, but in the end I just can't climb fast enough. Anyone got any tips? Or maybe you just wanna help me in coops? :lol

Ok so how can I level up my R&D team to make better weapons and stuff? I'm currently going in the
T-72U tank
boss battle with a lvl 1 LAW and M16 and I'm getting owned hard.

Rorsha

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Ok so how can I level up my R&D team to make better weapons and stuff? I'm currently going in the
T-72U tank
boss battle with a lvl 1 LAW and M16 and I'm getting owned hard.

capture more soldiers with good tech level.

or capture
the tank
itself

Vek

autobzooty said:
About to battle the cocoon. I've fought a lot of giant robots in my Metal Gear days, but this one is by far the most intimidating one ever. Nobody does boss battles like Metal Gear boss battles.

HERE I GO.

Edit: Wow I can't do it :lol

My loadout contained two missile launchers and I was still only barely able to knock out the pod, but then the thing was back online by the time I climbed all the way up it. My strategy of using chaff grenades while climbing it to avoid the turret fire was effective, but in the end I just can't climb fast enough. Anyone got any tips? Or maybe you just wanna help me in coops? :lol

Doesn't it crash into the wall after taking X amount of damage? It showed the cutscene of the ladder dropping, and i just climbed up first, before blowing up and diving into the red hot glowing pod.

Vek said:
Doesn't it crash into the wall after taking X amount of damage? It showed the cutscene of the ladder dropping, and i just climbed up first, before blowing up and diving into the red hot glowing pod.

I tried that, but the mounted turrets tear me to pieces while I'm climbing up, and they take a lot of abuse before they blow up. Maybe I should try my chaff grenade technique again, but I don't think they'll last long enough to stop the turrets while I'm on board the thing and still attacking the red pod.

Bebpo

Banned
autobzooty said:
I tried that, but the mounted turrets tear me to pieces while I'm climbing up, and they take a lot of abuse before they blow up. Maybe I should try my chaff grenade technique again, but I don't think they'll last long enough to stop the turrets while I'm on board the thing and still attacking the red pod.

Chaff grenades are your friends. Just throw one before you climb, one once on top, and one before you climb ladder 2.

YES, I DID IT!!!

Now THAT felt like a true victory. What a rush! Boss battles in this game are just stellar. So many bosses in video games nowadays just feel so dumb, but Metal Gear always delivers. I especially like the strategy that you have to use in Peace Walker.

Salaadin

When I fought cocoon, I didn't get shot at all by turrets during my climb. Once I reached the pod, there are those 2 that fire at you though. Time it right and lay flat on the ground when they take aim. The bullets will fly right over you.

Then just stand up between attacks and go crazy

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Anyone got any tips for
locating the ID card
, I'm already at the bottom of the cliff. Should I go any further.

Salaadin

SoulPlaya said:
Anyone got any tips for
locating the ID card
, I'm already at the bottom of the cliff. Should I go any further.
I found the dude in the orange vest down by the waterfalls moseying alone behind a small hill. The bird chirping was pretty blatant in that area too.

coldvein said:
couple hours in. this game is so not mgs5. this is more portable ops. which is a good thing, but mgs5 IT IS NOT.

The story line is just as good and well presented as any MGS, the gameplay is tight, it's very lengthy game and seems longer than even 4. It has PO gameplay elements to it, but take those out and it's on par with any other MGS.

Deadly

Salaadin said:
When I fought cocoon, I didn't get shot at all by turrets during my climb. Once I reached the pod, there are those 2 that fire at you though. Time it right and lay flat on the ground when they take aim. The bullets will fly right over you.

Then just stand up between attacks and go crazy
By the time you reach the pod, it shouldn't have much health left anyways. Just keep shooting and you'll win easily

thefil

Can someone tell me how to do
Zadornov Mission 7
? I am just not in the mood to spend my weekend searching every nook and cranny.

Bebpo

Banned
thefil said:
Can someone tell me how to do
Zadornov Mission 7
? I am just not in the mood to spend my weekend searching every nook and cranny.

First mission inside motherbase

TheSeks

Is there a reason I can't deploy
Metal Gear ZEKE
in outer ops yet?
I just built the damn thing to completion, adding a jetpack and radome to it
and they aren't anywhere to be found in the menus to deploy them. I want to kick some ass. :|

Also I have that OP you wanted to do, Auto. You know the one Duck only had?

Up to the
mountain base, having to climb through there to the final testing facility
, how much further is the main story? Also how many more Chico briefing files do I have? I want to unlock the MH missions, do them and forget they ever existed with the exception of the special camos they give. :|

Deadly

Are we allowed to officially kill in the mission where
you have to go to the control tower to stop Peace Walker

Salaadin

Deadly said:
Are we allowed to officially kill in the mission where
you have to go to the control tower to stop Peace Walker

Not sure yet as Im in the cutscene at the end of that mission but I tried it 3 times by putting enemies to sleep. Ive deemed it impossible this way :lol

Once I threw on the Battle armor and gave myself a full arsenal, I got it.
Fantastic mission though, I LOVE when Heavens Divide starts playing. What a great game.

Can anyone tell me the mission where Chico tells you about the Monster Island in the briefing files?

duckroll

TheSeks said:
Is there a reason I can't deploy
Metal Gear ZEKE
in outer ops yet?
I just built the damn thing to completion, adding a jetpack and radome to it
and they aren't anywhere to be found in the menus to deploy them. I want to kick some ass. :|

Yes, there's a reason. Don't worry too much about it. :p

lopes16

Neo Member
Salaadin said:
Not sure yet as Im in the cutscene at the end of that mission but I tried it 3 times by putting enemies to sleep. Ive deemed it impossible this way :lol

Once I threw on the Battle armor and gave myself a full arsenal, I got it.
Fantastic mission though, I LOVE when Heavens Divide starts playing. What a great game.

Can anyone tell me the mission where Chico tells you about the Monster Island in the briefing files?
Theres no specific mission, just select one and listen the tapes.

entrement said:
How long is the main story? At least comparable to the other MGS games?

One of the longest if not THE longest in the series. I'm about 20 hours in and roughly half way through the third chapter (out of five chapters). Factor in all the extra ops and the coop and it's definitely one of the longest in the series. Much fewer cutscenes too, so much more of the final game time is actual gameplay.

Not that I have anything against cutscenes. Just pointing it out.

TheSeks said:
Also how many more Chico briefing files do I have? I want to unlock the MH missions, do them and forget they ever existed with the exception of the special camos they give. :|

i just got back from my first trip to monster island :) . listen to all of chico's rap, & then you need to get to extra mission 29, which unlocked for me after the first 2 missions in chapter 3. instead of completing the mission, backtrack...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
bPod said:
should i've played portable ops before i delve into peace walker?

I seem lost...
Not really. This is like the MGS for MGS players. If you know the series, then this game just gets to the core of what makes it fun and makes it really accessible and open for you. It is less narrative than the other major ones, so it won't guide you by the hand or force you to a direction at it's own pace, but you're supposed to feel lost in the fun. I find that it is less like other MGS games in this respect, but also not totally open like a sandbox MGS or anything like that. It's more like, in terms of direction and story, if other MGS games were JRPGs, then this is the SRPG version of MGS.

Top Bottom