• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

lopes16

Neo Member
Salaadin said:
I loved that too lol.

Why cant I seem to obtain any Head Unit parts for ZEKE? After 20 hours of this game, I only have 1/5 of the necessary pieces.
Just do the
pupa battle (not damaging the AI pod) and then enter the AI pod and retrive only the parts that you need. I did the missions until the mission next pupa, then I repeated the pupa many times, and now I have all parts to make a metal gear zeke.

Hela said:
Fuck you Kojima for making me
mash the triangle button like a fucking idiot at the torture scene, now I fucking can't advance, because I can't do it fast enough.
I had to take a rest after that scene. I repeated it a lot because I had no clue
how to escape from the prison

Hela said:
mash the triangle button like a fucking idiot at the torture scene, now I fucking can't advance, because I can't do it fast enough.
I recommend setting your PSP down on your lap and mashing the button with your right index finger. I know I always had trouble with parts like that in GoW until I started doing this.

Just beat the main story.

As far as I'm concerned, that was the second best story in the series behind only MGS3. And as a sequel to that game, I felt it was pretty much perfect.

The story and connection between Big Boss and The Boss is the best thing Kojima has ever fucking done. Goddamn.

I'm always so close to bawling whenever it's an emotional scene between those two. ;__;

Loved the game. Deserving of the MGS5 name.

Hela

Easystride said:
I recommend setting your PSP down on your lap and mashing the button with your right index finger. I know I always had trouble with parts like that in GoW until I started doing this.
Yeah, I know, and I eventually did it. And I get that it's supposed to be nostalgic and all, but why the fuck would they make this so tedious?
If my finger was a beak, I'd look like a fucking woodpecker while doing this.

abq

When does the final menu open (bottom left corner
Metal Gear Zeke
)? My friend got it after the mission before the
helicopter
, but I didn't.

Erigu

abq said:
When does the final menu open (bottom left corner
Metal Gear Zeke
)? My friend got it after the mission before the
helicopter
, but I didn't.
Did you put Huey in the R&D section?
If you did, maybe you also need some parts, and you didn't get any from the Pupa fight?
I'm not sure...

abq

Erigu said:
Did you put Huey in the R&D section?
If you did, maybe you also need some parts, and you didn't get any from the Pupa fight?
I'm not sure...
Stuck him in intel. Gonna try your suggestion.

edit: that did the trick, thanks

Deadly

Hela said:
Yeah on my 2nd run to S the mission, it took me 3 tries before I was able to successfully do it again:lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Unlocked the MH island. OH BOY TIME TO GET SOME CAMOS WITH A TERRIBLE CAMERA. *mumble grumble*

Salaadin

These Zadornov search missions are killing me. Im currently on 3 and I cant find him at all. Ive scoured all 5 areas or however many there are and hes nowhere. The NVGs arent picking him up either. Ugh

Erigu

Salaadin said:
These Zadornov search missions are killing me. Im currently on 3 and I cant find him at all. Ive scoured all 5 areas or however many there are and hes nowhere. The NVGs arent picking him up either. Ugh
Careful: there are four possible locations for him in that mission.
(his location doesn't change if your restart the mission from the Start menu though)

Hypereides

Gold Member
Is it me or are the characters are much more believable in this game? from the story bits that Ive watched, there's a more fluent and natural character developement in between conversations and their interaction.

Big Boss isnt overly heroic nor dramatic but surprisingly very grounded.

Man, I seriously need to get a PSP for this one.

EDIT: Also... IM FUCKING LOVING THAT THEY FINALLY ADDED ACCENTS TO CHARACTERS :D

Goddamn Konami it took you a long time, but fuck me if you didnt get it right!

Salaadin

Erigu said:
Careful: there are four possible locations for him in that mission.
(his location doesn't change if your restart the mission from the Start menu though)

I quit for now. I have a headache from this lol. Are there any ways to get hints? The first 2 search missions, Miller would come on and say "Hes close, I can smell him" or something along those lines whenever I was in the area that Zadornov was. Was that just coincidental? Hes not telling me shit now and just blabbing on about how tired he is of Zadornov escaping all of the time.

Erigu

Salaadin said:
The first 2 search missions, Miller would come on and say "Hes close, I can smell him" or something along those lines whenever I was in the area that Zadornov was. Was that just coincidental?
I believe that's an actual hint.

54-46!

Man, this game is almost... too good :D I really want to play it on a big screen in high res though.. not a fan of the boxed frame I get when I plug in the PSP to the TV.

finally started playing this masterpiece.

it's like portable ops moved up two generations. i already loved the first PSP MGS, but this time........

wow.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow. The game looks gorgeous. There's really only one full length real-time cutscene in the game but the models used in it are really high detailed.

Possible end-game spoilers (though i've tried to not snap up anything spoilerish). URL'ing just in case.

http://i47.tinypic.com/r86niq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2cxck6c.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/9h03up.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/rub9qp.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2lialnb.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rfbi9.jpg

and I have one question from the ending .
Why did the metal gear cockpit fill up with water ? wouldn't that short out every thing inside ?

Vamphuntr

I only need to beat some 5 red stars missions and I will be done with the extra ops.

ENDGAME SPOILERS

Finally got all of Paz's diary tapes. 1-4 was dumb. 5 is a lesbian fanfic. 6 and 7 were also dumb. LOL @ Miller getting drunk and mooning everyone. 8-10 at least Paz realizes that she might have been wrong but in the end the Cipher will kill her if she fails her mission. Kinda cute she did try to sabotage Zeke so the party could happen

Lol, I'm from the UK but took a holiday to NYC this week, coincidentally on the day of this game's release. I'm now back home playing it, though it's not out in this country til the 18th. :D I had to miss the Kojima signing though - had to be at the airport by then.

Favourite moment so far came when I was playing it on the plane, and I was on a really long, protracted battle with the Hind. At the exact moment I was trying to cap the pilot with a tranq round, the plane hit a spot of turbulence. I scored my victory dart whilst shaking nearly out of my seat (belt was on, don't worry) - awesome moment! :lol

Also loved the bit (v. light spoiler, gameplay-related)
with the snipers lying in wait for you in the jungle, reminded me of The End. The diversity in this game trounces Portable Ops.

GoncaloCCastro said:
For people that want the CE I edited the information on the first post with this link - http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=metal+gear+solid+peace+walker+ce

Thanks to spookyfish
Holy shit, thanks to you and spookyfish for finding this! I ran all over town looking for a CE and couldn't find one. Quick question, is the copy of the game that comes in the box sealed? I bought a copy of the regular game at a Gamestop and if the CE one is sealed I will just take that back with my reciept.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
darkressurection said:
Holy shit, thanks to you and spookyfish for finding this! I ran all over town looking for a CE and couldn't find one. Quick question, is the copy of the game that comes in the box sealed? I bought a copy of the regular game at a Gamestop and if the CE one is sealed I will just take that back with my reciept.

Yup, it is!

Is there any way to switch the over the shoulder view when aiming a weapon (from right shoulder to left shoulder)? Also I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't want to play this game because it's on the PSP. This game is really fun even with the wonky controls.

lopes16

Neo Member
mrkapawutzis said:
Is there any way to switch the over the shoulder view when aiming a weapon (from right shoulder to left shoulder)? Also I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't want to play this game because it's on the PSP. This game is really fun even with the wonky controls.
Yes you can.
D-pad left and D-pad right when aiming let you change.

ruxtpin

Banned
So I get the impression from reading reviews that this is sort-of like Metal Gear: Monster Hunter? I don't know anyone who owns a PSP, so I'm curious - Will I be alright using the ad-hoc feature on the PS3 to play with others in this game?

Edit: I've got the game, just haven't had a damn minute to take it out of the amazon box thanks to condensed summer classes.

soldat7

mrkapawutzis said:
This game is really fun even with the wonky controls.

Any tips on the controls? I'm using the 'shooter' controls right now and I'm having a hard time, especially when things get busy.

GoncaloCCastro said:
For people that want the CE I edited the information on the first post with this link - http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=metal+gear+solid+peace+walker+ce

Thanks to spookyfish

Crud, just bought the regular edition.

ruxtpin said:
So I get the impression from reading reviews that this is sort-of like Metal Gear: Monster Hunter? I don't know anyone who owns a PSP, so I'm curious - Will I be alright using the ad-hoc feature on the PS3 to play with others in this game?

No really nothing like it. They put in a monster hunter tie in to the game that you can unlock, but the game is more like a metal gear game with a management system. It's similar to portable ops though they changed things up since then.

Foffy

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
I only need to beat some 5 red stars missions and I will be done with the extra ops.

ENDGAME SPOILERS

Finally got all of Paz's diary tapes. 1-4 was dumb. 5 is a lesbian fanfic. 6 and 7 were also dumb. LOL @ Miller getting drunk and mooning everyone. 8-10 at least Paz realizes that she might have been wrong but in the end the Cipher will kill her if she fails her mission. Kinda cute she did try to sabotage Zeke so the party could happen

How do you get
the dairy tapes? I got three for Strangelove, but I had a feeling there were more.

spookyfish

De nada, darkresurrection. I just wanted to be sure it was actually in stock and shipping before I told anyone. And good to hear it's a sealed game~the Big Boss Pack game does not come in a case. But as a completist, I wanted the art book.

Vamphuntr

Foffy said:
How do you get
the dairy tapes? I got three for Strangelove, but I had a feeling there were more.

To get the 10 Paz's diary tapes you do the same thing as the ones from strangelove. Except you have to do it on the Mk II or custom version of the bosses

JWong

Banned
soldat7 said:
Any tips on the controls? I'm using the 'shooter' controls right now and I'm having a hard time, especially when things get busy.
Feels good enough like dual analog. I always have auto aim toggle on select because CQC is easier with that lock on.

Foffy

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
To get the 10 Paz's diary tapes you do the same thing as the ones from strangelove. Except you have to do it on the Mk II or custom version of the bosses

Ah, makes sense.
Are there more than 3 for Strangelove? I kept fighting PUPA for those.

soldat7

JWong said:
Feels good enough like dual analog. I always have auto aim toggle on select because CQC is easier with that lock on.

Yeah, I haven't played with auto-aim much mainly due to the stupid textbox at the top of the screen that shames me with every glance.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Man, i really miss the game pausing itself when selecting an item. I get that they had to do that for co-op, but it sucks for single player (ala RE5).

mojiimbo

Anyone know the passcode for the red "Che" uniqlo shirt? I got the other 13 from these codes and tried about 20 more codes but they just kept giving me shitty recruits. Thanks.

Vamphuntr

Red Blaster said:
What do I do on the
Date With Paz extra op?

To get S rank use the CO-OP Codec. Set up sentence such as : Impressive! Good luck! Peace! and so on. Keep using them until you get no more heart symbols then use the love box

Is Outer Ops good for anything? I've done about 15 of them so far, and the rewards tend to be pretty lame. Is there something I'm missing?

Most reward are ammos, boxes and food but you can get a good homing missile launcher, a shotgun, some rifles, handguns and camos

Vamphuntr said:
To get S rank use the CO-OP Codec. Set up sentence such as : Impressive! Good luck! Peace! and so on. Keep using them until you get no more heart symbols then use the love box

That's...rather creepy.

Enough praise can't be given to the
Peace Walker fight
at the end of Chapter 4. That's a textbook example of an intense yet rewarding boss fight.

Vamphuntr said:
Most reward are ammos, boxes and food but you can get a good homing missile launcher, a shotgun, some rifles, handguns and camos

Are the weapons usually in the A-A+ (or S, if there are S-ranked ones) ranked missions? I want to stop wasting my time on missions that only reward ammo and boxes.

Vamphuntr

Vyse The Legend said:
Are the weapons usually in the A-A+ (or S, if there are S-ranked ones) ranked missions? I want to stop wasting my time on missions that only reward ammo and boxes.

Rank goes up to SS. I think it has to do with the % of outer ops you do but I'm not sure. I got the missile launcher in a very low rank one (C or B). A shotgun in an S one. Can't remember for the rest.

Jigsaw

Banned
the stealth gameplay is sooo good but the bosses suck,it's frustrating as hell

they should have made it 1vs1 if you play solo,only in coop with the 2 dozen additional soldiers

anyway this game is criminally underrated,it is below portable ops on gamerankings,wtf?

Vamphuntr

Jigsaw said:
they should have made it 1vs1 if you play solo,only in coop with the 2 dozen additional soldiers

You won't like the 5 skulls vehicle missions much then. In one of them with a tank there were 38 soldiers summoned through the battle. It's still possible to win alone if you grind a lot.

soldat7

spookyfish said:
Soldat7: Someone said the ce comes in a case, so maybe you could return that one?

Hm...maybe...I bet it has a "Not for Resale" label on it. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Bah, I went ahead and ordered 2 copies. I'm a little concerned about the "item will ship when available" bit. These are coming from gamestop, who is supposedly sold out...

Top Bottom