• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Erigu

Ridley327 said:
For the AI bosses, do you get a chance at more boards if you disable their pieces and parts? For example, if I take out the boosters on Pupa, will I get more parts based on that category?
I believe that's how it works, yes. You get more AI boards, but less mech parts.

duckroll

I'm looking to beat Extra Ops 075. Gonna make a game in the regular lobby im Adhoc Party in a few minutes. It's me and Y2Kev, so there are 2 more slots open if anyone is interested.

duckroll

Okay, Extra Ops 075 is fucking impossible right now. I think I have a better shot at soloing it than doing the harder co-op version with kev. :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
34g3fwo.jpg

:lol

Flunkie

Banned
Okay people, I need to add some of you guys as friends - I need to start doing some coop with people who actually know what they're doing.

Add me, please! PSN is Flunkie44. If you already have me, I really wanna play Peace Walker! So let's do it!

Finally unlocked the first
Monster Hunter mission
last night.... holy shit!!!

I got my ass handed to me and I've had no real issues with the game at all thus far. How the fuck am I going to do this without resupplying like 10 times on the field? :lol

Revolutionary said:
I got my ass handed to me and I've had no real issues with the game at all thus far. How the fuck am I going to do this without resupplying like 10 times on the field? :lol
how do you resupply on the field? I've put 3 in Intel Team and used the supply marker multiple times in the boss battles but I'm not getting anything. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ridley327 said:
I swear that Kojima leaves in clipping issues like that for maximum hilarity.

I don't even understand what clipping is occurring there. The guy whose legs are stuck out to the right doesn't appear to have a top half at all!

Vamphuntr

What is the best place to grind for the most competent soldiers?

how do you resupply on the field? I've put 3 in Intel Team and used the supply marker multiple times in the boss battles but I'm not getting anything. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

After you put or throw the marker on the ground you have to press the attack button. A crate will be dropped off.

Salaadin said:
What kind of cheap deaths? I havent felt any cheapness yet though Im not terribly far in
At Chrysalis

Since I like to go full stealth, I usually take only the Mk22 and Mosin with me. If I get caught, I may as well restart the mission because I'm screwed in a firefight. Trying to use rations while getting shot at sucks ass.

Solid warrior said:
L, then R to place it, then R again to call it in.

Vamphuntr said:
What is the best place to grind for the most competent soldiers?

After you put or throw the marker on the ground you have to press the attack button. A crate will be dropped off.
oh, i see. i knew i was doing it wrong.

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
I don't even understand what clipping is occurring there. The guy whose legs are stuck out to the right doesn't appear to have a top half at all!

He does. His head is just stuck inside the right leg of the other soldier. :lol

Salaadin

Red Blaster said:
Since I like to go full stealth, I usually take only the Mk22 and Mosin with me. If I get caught, I may as well restart the mission because I'm screwed in a firefight. Trying to use rations while getting shot at sucks ass.

Ahh yes, I have run into similar issues. Its hard once backup arrives and you have to defend yourself with a pea shooter. I usually try to position myself right and CQC slam one guy into several others or try to combo them all at once but it doesnt go my way half the time.

What do you keep equipped in the item slot? I make it a habit to always have rations equipped unless I absolutely need something else. Youll auto-use them when your health hits zero.

Ridley327

Got my S-rank on Pupa. :D

Abusing that hallway entrance makes everything sooooooo much easier. It also helped that I brought along my FIM-43 to take him out; that launcher is beastly!

Ridley327 said:
Got my S-rank on Pupa. :D

Abusing that hallway entrance makes everything sooooooo much easier. It also helped that I brought along my FIM-43 to take him out; that launcher is beastly!
Pupa was my first S-Rank... accidentally, no less. :lol
I was shocked when I got to the Mission Complete screen and heard the S-Rank music... like whaa????

It's funny but thus far, I've only been able to S-Rank the AI boss battles. For some reason I'm not good at getting them for the stealth missions. It's always an A cuz I'm too slow, I guess... (I don't kill in MGS games unless absolutely necessary, so it can't be that). Damn time limits!

Vamphuntr

Red Blaster said:

Sometimes it's much easier to throw smoke grenades and CQC them than shooting them with tranq weapons.

Vamphuntr

I just beat extra ops 112. It took like 60 missiles and 15 minutes to kill it. Man I must have used the supply marker 7 times and yet I got a B rank. I don't even see how I will be able to beat 113 at this rate :lol .

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just FYI (not sure if it applies to the MH missions) supply drops will lower your hero ranking and your final grade. IIRC you can't get an S-rank with them. :/

Salaadin

TheSeks said:
Just FYI (not sure if it applies to the MH missions) supply drops will lower your hero ranking and your final grade. IIRC you can't get an S-rank with them. :/

How do you take down some of those AI bosses without them? A handful of missles doesnt seem like enough.

Vamphuntr

TheSeks said:

You can use 1 or 2 and still get S rank. I got S rank on Chrysalis and called supply support once. And 112/113 are not a MH missions ;).

TheSeks

Awww... Kev's the only person in the ad-hoc room. :(

Anyone want to give me better food/intel soldiers? I'm kinda annoyed at my low levels and I can't seem to fulton the "best" intel/food dudes yet. :(

Vamphuntr

Salaadin said:
How far into the game do you have to be to unlock the MH missions?

Pretty early on. But you probably won't be able to beat them until completing the game.

You must have rescued Chico. Listen to his tapes about the Island of monsters then go to extra ops 29. Backtrack and go to the beach.

Salaadin

Vamphuntr said:
Pretty early on. But you probably won't be able to beat them until completing the game.

You must have rescued Chico. Listen to his tapes about the Island of monsters then go to extra ops 29. Backtrack and go to the beach.

Awesome. I will look tonight. Ive listened to a bunch of his tapes about bigfoot and shit. I wonder if I got the Island of monsters one.

Erigu

TheSeks said:
I believe it only lowers your hero ranking, not the final grade. I still got S ranks after using a lot of them.

Vamphuntr

For the next missile launcher I need a R & D level 75. I'm now at 58. It seems I can't get soldiers with more than B and C ranks. I have beaten the game but I'm having a hard time completing the 5 stars and 5 red stars missions. The thing is I'm pretty sure the best soldiers are in these missions. Gonna grind again for a while.

Epcott

I've played for 8 hours so far, and it's pretty good.
My only gripe so far would be when "sticking someone up". Sometimes you can be positioned behind an enemy and hit your "aim" when the CQC icon flashes...instigating the "holding of one up", yet it won't register. When you get slightly closer to perform the move, your cover gets blown. I've started many a mission over again due to it.

I'm still having a great time, regardless :D

Also, is it me or do the graphics look a little muddled on an HDTV while using the AV cables?
I've searched Amazon to look for an HDMI out PSP go accessory, but couldn't find one.

Erigu

Vamphuntr said:
For the next missile launcher I need a R & D level 75. I'm now at 58. It seems I can't get soldiers with more than B and C ranks.
If you want good R&D people, you should get the POWs from Extra Ops:049.
And in case you haven't unlocked Extra Ops:049, the path is 045 -> 046 -> 102 -> 047 -> 048 -> 091 -> 049.

Vamphuntr

Erigu said:
If you want good R&D people, you should get the POWs from Extra Ops:049.
And in case you haven't unlocked Extra Ops:049, the path is 045 -> 046 -> 102 -> 047 -> 048 -> 091 -> 049.

Thanks! I'll give this a shot. Extra ops 45 is the stealth thing right?

Is there a way to tell what kinds of soldiers you'll find in a mission before going in and looking around? I know if your Intel team is a high enough level you can see what LEVELS you'll be finding, but can you find the aptitudes from a distance, or do you just have to know?

Deadly

Salaadin said:
How do you take down some of those AI bosses without them? A handful of missles doesnt seem like enough.
Missiles+LMG. Pupa and the Cocoon are hella easy to S-rank. Chrysalis is the only one that I have problems with since it moves around all the time.

Vamphuntr

Deadly said:
Missiles+LMG. Pupa and the Cocoon are hella easy to S-rank. Chrysalis is the only one that I have problems with since it moves around all the time.

You have to use the homing missiles for this one.

Erigu

autobzooty said:
Is there a way to tell what kinds of soldiers you'll find in a mission before going in and looking around?
Before going in? No, I don't think there is...

Deadly said:
Chrysalis is the only one that I have problems with since it moves around all the time.
Chaff grenades help a lot.

TheSeks

Deadly said:

I just spammed the two RPGs (ran out ammo, so I had to use a supply drop ugh) and beat the first one easy.

I gotta get a third RPG and redo that mission to S-rank easy.

Top Bottom