• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

thefil

Just beat chapter 5. What a great final boss fight. Really spectacular, at first I thought there was no way I'd be able to beat it. But I did!

Also, I'm pretty sure I got Fulton Recovery rounds for my Carl Gustav. Does anyone know how to equip them?

*edit* For anyone wondering, the game took me 27 hours. I still tons of extra ops to do though, I think I'm in the 60s (doing them sequentially).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
thefil said:
Also, I'm pretty sure I got Fulton Recovery rounds for my Carl Gustav. Does anyone know how to equip them?

Equip the CG (FR) and spam it.

Beware though, the enemy will start whining and crying about your overpowered Carl Gustav. (/Bad Company 2 reference)

thefil

TheSeks said:
Equip the CG (FR) and spam it.

Beware though, the enemy will start whining and crying about your overpowered Carl Gustav. (/Bad Company 2 reference)

Ah, I haven't unlocked that version of the CG yet. Shame, I was pretty excited.

Deadly

Salaadin said:
Not sure yet as Im in the cutscene at the end of that mission but I tried it 3 times by putting enemies to sleep. Ive deemed it impossible this way :lol

Once I threw on the Battle armor and gave myself a full arsenal, I got it.
Fantastic mission though, I LOVE when Heavens Divide starts playing. What a great game.

Can anyone tell me the mission where Chico tells you about the Monster Island in the briefing files?
I managed to do it :lol Took me around 30 minutes and I got a C rank:lol

Salaadin

Deadly said:
I managed to do it :lol Took me around 30 minutes and I got a C rank:lol

You tranqed everyone? No way. I salute you! :lol

End of CH 4 spoilers:

I just beat Chapter 4 and got the first ending. At this point, do I have to start putting together a Metal Gear or something? The last mission in my selection screen is Peace Walker 3.

Awesome chapter ending though. I loved it. This game is fantastic. Its up there with MGS1 and MGS3 as my favorites.

I don't understand what the point of confidential documents is. I can't read what the document actually says, but i've got like a million of them sitting in the MSF inventory. What are they for?

TheSeks

autobzooty said:
I don't understand what the point of confidential documents is. I can't read what the document actually says, but i've got like a million of them sitting in the MSF inventory. What are they for?

Enabling R&D on the conf. doc. item. Just forget them and just grab them to enable R&D.

Vamphuntr

I was stuck for a while in the extra ops because I'm playing alone but now I'm getting better at it. I'm now able to clear 5 rank vehicle missions.

As long as you grind for soldiers and do a lot of research anything is possible. If you are stuck in the hard mission with a vehicle and soldiers, make sure you have some of these :

Non violent take down
-Fulton sleep gas mine (Extra ops 64 with an S rank, very easy to get S, use a good rifle)
-Carl Gustav Fulton launcher (Extra ops 98)
-Rank 4 Mosin Nagant (knocks out pretty much everything in one hit)
-Twin barrel shotgun Rank 3 or 4 (rubber slugs) Powerful at close range and will stun ennemies

Violent Way
-M16A1 (STG) rank 4 or if your R & D is that great use rank 5. It's a good rifle and you can switch to it's shotgun capabilities on the fly. Great if you are stuck behind a crate with 3-4 soldiers.
- Carl Gustav Multi Purpose 2 (Heat rounds). The damage output is not too hot for a rocket launcher but the wide range damage areas is nice to kill soldiers when they are in a defensive position near a tank/vehicle.

Missile Launcher that I use
-XFIM-92 A
-Law Rank 4

Good to carry with you
-AT mine Tank or Aerial depending on the missions. They stop the vehicle and prevent it from shooting at you for a while.

Learn the pattern and abuse the Supply marker and you should eventually make it.

thefil

Vamphuntr, is it worth S-ranking all the Extra Ops? Are the rewards significant (useful) enough to justify it? I've been sort of going through Extra Ops not caring about my rank, but maybe I should be more concerned...

Vamphuntr

thefil said:
Vamphuntr, is it worth S-ranking all the Extra Ops? Are the rewards significant (useful) enough to justify it? I've been sort of going through Extra Ops not caring about my rank, but maybe I should be more concerned...

Not all of them give rewards for getting an S rank (same for Main ops). Those that do will give you good rewards though. Fulton mines are a good example. There is also a Sniper that use Piercing rounds and is quite good. And a camo that make enemy faint after the first choke. And many more. I've quite a few more to find.

TheSeks

So I went on AHP, saw the numerous MH cameo missions being hosted. *sigh*ed and joined one just to try my luck.

Me, the host, another dude that didn't have it unlocked. Rathalos (or whatever the hell it's called)

LAW + Carl Gustav (ZOMG OVERPOWERED NERF NERF NERF /BC2)/Supply marker.

Take out the blue dinos. Easy peasy minus the other dude that didn't have it unlocked (DDU) dying and me having to CPR.

Cut a long story short, it was about an hour mission, the host runs out ammo. I use the last of my CG shots, I'm down. DDU shoots him in the head with an RPG (IIRC) and BAM! MISSION OVER!

Chat: HAHAHA, THAT WAS AWESOME
HAH, WHAT!?
YES! I SAVED THE DAY! :D

Man, those missions seem like they're hella hard (and the camera doesn't make them easier. *mumble grumble same thing for MH mumble grumble*), can't see how you can do those solo yet. Maybe I need to rush my R&D levels. :lol

revolverjgw said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_del_Sol <---BECAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

AleeN634

Just beat Chapter 4. Man the last stuff battles get kind of insane.

I'm loving the Outer Ops stuff you can send your combat unit on. Great stats boosts too.

Deadly

AleeN634 said:
Just beat Chapter 4. Man the last stuff battles get kind of insane.

I'm loving the Outer Ops stuff you can send your combat unit on. Great stats boosts too.
Not when you have to send them on S-rank missions. I lost a couple of units then decided to put a buncha vehicles instead and I lost all of them

Drac

Deadly said:
Not when you have to send them on S-rank missions. I lost a couple of units then decided to put a buncha vehicles instead and I lost all of them

A little trick (cheat ?) I did for difficult OUTER OPS. Since the fight are randomly executed, I just save before going in, see how my teams go, and if I lost some soldiers, I just exit to the main menu and reload my save file to try again. Never lost soldiers this way :lol (still lost a shit load of vehicles but they're not as important for me).

Ashour

So I started playing the game and
I’m at the first tank. I manage to get its health down to 2 bars but by then I’ll be out of ammo and grenades.

Can someone please help me? It’s getting on my nerve.

seady

Ashour said:
So I started playing the game and I’m at the first tank. I manage to get its health down to 2 bars but by then I’ll be out of ammo and grenades.

Spoiler Warning please.

Did you try to shoot the two red parts of the tank? That's where you should aim for.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ashour said:
So I started playing the game and I’m at the first tank. I manage to get its health down to 2 bars but by then I’ll be out of ammo and grenades.

You shouldn't fight it. Dispose of the guards silently (multiple times, as reinforcements come) and the tank driver will come out. Put him to sleep and it's done.

You can also kill the guards if you like. But that's gonna make things harder.

Anyway, once you dispose of every guard, the driver should come out.

Ashour

TTP said:
You shouldn't fight it. Dispose of the guards silently (multiple times, as reinforcements come) and the tank driver will come out. Put him to sleep and it's done.
Hmm. I'll try that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JWong said:
Just finished. Interesting end.

Look at the mirror.

Oh there is one? I didn't notice. I just used the
magnetic key stolen from Strangelove to open the door.

JWong

Banned
TTP said:
Oh there is one? I didn't notice. I just used the
magnetic key stolen from Strangelove to open the door.
I missed the final QTE, which was probably getting that.

You figure out another option.

JWong

Banned
TTP said:
Damn, now I wanna know what happens... please tell.
He's got special stitchings in that snake scar.

Also noticed that there are boob jiggle physics when doing model viewing of the unique female cast.

abq

TTP said:

You can also kill the guards if you like. But that's gonna make things harder.

Anyway, once you dispose of every guard, the driver should come out.
Does the captain show up if you're spotted?

abq

It sometimes feels like the tank is running around in circles for ages without dropping backup when you're spotted, so I dunno.

Spiegel

abq said:
It sometimes feels like the tank is running around in circles for ages without dropping backup when you're spotted, so I dunno.

Shoot the tank (two or three bars of damage) if they have spotted you and the captain will show up pretty soon.

abq said:

If you're spotted and then you take out all the guards, you still have to do some damage to the tank before the driver pops out. You have to take them out without being spotted once.

JohngPR

I love the extra side missions they added to this game. If you only have a few minutes to play something, it's the perfect bite size portion of game.

Flunkie

Banned
How do you S rank tank/helicopter/etc. battles? The best I can get is C. I'm still on Chapter 2. Is it because of my lack of arsenal due to how far I am into the game or do I just suck?

JohngPR said:
I love the extra side missions they added to this game. If you only have a few minutes to play something, it's the perfect bite size portion of game.
Agreed. You can spend 5 minutes or 5 hours with the game and still not be disappointed!

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Vic Boss Vic Bos Vic Boss ;_; dunno why that got me inside

I solo S'd Rathalos and Tigrex some time ago. Just needed Mk22, Mosin Nagant and Supply Markers. I only needed 1-2 markers. It's a lot quicker to tranq them rather than kill them, since it only took me like 9-11 mins for either of them.

Course, I wore Tux for the occasion. :D

Can anyone tell me why there's a certain tank battle in EXOPS (I think it's T-72u), the captain just doesn't pop out? I've killed every single guard and already damaged the tank down to 3 bars but he still won't appear. I quit the mission because I ran out of supplies.

Erigu

Wolf Akela said:
Can anyone tell me why there's a certain tank battle in EXOPS (I think it's T-72u), the captain just doesn't pop out? I've killed every single guard and already damaged the tank down to 3 bars but he still won't appear. I quit the mission because I ran out of supplies.
I seem to remember I've had a commander not show up until there were two bars left...

duckroll

Wolf Akela said:

There are two conditions to make the captain show up. First you need to kill or fulton all the reinforcements. Secondly you must not be spotted. If the boss is in "alert" mode, he will stay inside for much longer than usual. You will either have to hide and evade until the boss loses track of you completely, or you have to damage the vehicle enough. In some cases, as long as you are detected the captain might never come out.

Salaadin

dgenx said:
Vic Boss Vic Bos Vic Boss ;_; dunno why that got me inside

I loved that too lol.

Why cant I seem to obtain any Head Unit parts for ZEKE? After 20 hours of this game, I only have 1/5 of the necessary pieces.

TheSeks

PetriP-TNT said:
So this is the portable GOTY right? RIGHT?

Strong Contender, but there is SMT: Strange Journey on the DS to consider as well (LOL BUT WHO HAS PLAYED SMT, AMIRITE GUYZ?).

I'd say it's the best PSP game out this year, but there... *puts on sunglasses* ... hasn't been support by Sony/Third Parties, so this is the only game out this year. (YEAAAAAAAAAH)

Hela

Fuck you Kojima for making me
mash the triangle button like a fucking idiot at the torture scene, now I fucking can't advance, because I can't do it fast enough.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
just finished the
ga.. CHAPTER 5?? WTF?? is it worth it??

Top Bottom