• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Erigu said:
If you want good R&D people, you should get the POWs from Extra Ops:049.
And in case you haven't unlocked Extra Ops:049, the path is 045 -> 046 -> 102 -> 047 -> 048 -> 091 -> 049.
This one is impossible if you're alone..... :(

Erigu

adriano999 said:
This one is impossible if you're alone..... :(
I cleared all the missions and haven't even tried co ops yet. And I'm not that good, really.
You just need the right tools and tactics.

duckroll

autobzooty said:
Does it make a difference which AI you collect parts from, or are they all the same in each of the categories?

Initially in the story mode, they're the same in all the categories since you just get junk parts that add up.

Post-chapter 5, when you tackle the harder custom versions of the AI in the optional Extra Op battles, it matters which AI you collect parts from because you can get various parts that are from that AI itself, like a Pupa Head for example. That's when customization gets fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think it'll make a difference, just different parts available. Don't quote me on that though.

Beat one of the extra "boss" ops by myself. LAW/RPG-2/supply drop/Doritos (er-chips)/Rations were all I needed. Didn't get an S-rank (BOO) but still. Wasn't too hard to just spam RPG's into the red weak point.

I need to get better statted personal. :( I'm getting a 130% in food and R&D/Intel teams are kinda weak/low. :( GMP isn't going too fast, but I'm still able to research at a half-decent clip.

OH! THAT REMINDS ME! Outer Ops!

Do tanks/infantry get repaired at the end of them or do I have to recall them back? The tutorial doesn't really specify and the outer ops (so far) aren't giving me too much cash/GMP. Why? I beat the enemy with a full team. Is that the reason? Do I have to make my units struggle to get more cash?

Also is there a way to view the log/replay the battle? It doesn't seem to have a way and that was the weak point of Port Ops' "outer ops"-like online mode. You couldn't review/resee battle logs once you dismissed them. :(

TheSeks said:
I don't think it'll make a difference, just different parts available. Don't quote me on that though.

Beat one of the extra "boss" ops by myself. LAW/RPG-2/supply drop/Doritos (er-chips)/Rations were all I needed. Didn't get an S-rank (BOO) but still. Wasn't too hard to just spam RPG's into the red weak point.

I need to get better statted personal. :( I'm getting a 130% in food and R&D/Intel teams are kinda weak/low. :( GMP isn't going too fast, but I'm still able to research at a half-decent clip.

OH! THAT REMINDS ME! Outer Ops!

Do tanks/infantry get repaired at the end of them or do I have to recall them back? The tutorial doesn't really specify and the outer ops (so far) aren't giving me too much cash/GMP. Why? I beat the enemy with a full team. Is that the reason? Do I have to make my units struggle to get more cash?

Also is there a way to view the log/replay the battle? It doesn't seem to have a way and that was the weak point of Port Ops' "outer ops"-like online mode. You couldn't review/resee battle logs once you dismissed them. :(

When you send your soldiers on Outer Ops, they gain experience. When you see it say "GMP +250" or whatever, what that means is, that soldier will now earn you 250 additional GMP for each in-game "day" (each mission you complete, basically). As far as I know, you don't get static rewards from Outer Ops except for new recruits and items that your soldiers find.

And duckroll, I'm scared to read your spoiler. :lol

Can you just tell me if I'm on track for
building Metal Gear
? I've beaten two AIs one time each, Pupa and Chrysalis, and I'm still not able to make a single component in the garage. Am I just jumping the gun a bit and the game will explain all this to me, or am I falling behind somehow?

I'm into Act 2 and frankly to me this is better than MGS4. The music in Peace Walker is simply amazing as well.

Just imagining this on the PS3 makes my pants incredibly tight, Kojima give us a Big Boss game on the PS3 damn it!

duckroll

You probably need to grind a bit. But personally, I wouldn't really worry too much about it. If you haven't beaten the main story yet, it's normal.

TheSeks

autobzooty said:
When you send your soldiers on Outer Ops, they gain experience. When you see it say "GMP +250" or whatever, what that means is, that soldier will now earn you 250 additional GMP for each in-game "day" (each mission you complete, basically). As far as I know, you don't get static rewards from Outer Ops except for new recruits and items that your soldiers find.

Oh, well, damn. Why the hell does Miller say "Do outer ops and you'll get more cash than sitting around here." :| He should just say "you'll raise your personal, thereby making more cash when they sit around here." :lol

And duckroll, I'm scared to read your spoiler. :lol

Can you just tell me if I'm on track for
building Metal Gear
? I've beaten two AIs one time each, Pupa and Chrysalis, and I'm still not able to make a single component in the garage. Am I just jumping the gun a bit and the game will explain all this to me, or am I falling behind somehow?

You can go back and redo the bosses. At my point of the game (between the first and second) I don't have any of the parts able to be built. But you shouldn't sweat it. The tutorial (IMO) is pretty clear on what you need to do. Get parts, build it. Customize it to your hearts content. If you don't want to do that, that's fine. It doesn't effect anything
besides the ending, anyway

Square Triangle said:
Just imagining this on the PS3 makes my pants incredibly tight, Kojima give us a Big Boss game on the PS3 damn it!

Given how badly he did MGS3 in MGS4
LOL THE PATRIOTS ARE AI CREATED BY ZERO!
, I really REALLY don't want him to whore out Big Boss for the sake of it. Though, I am in agreement. Big Boss "makes my pants tight" as you would say and I'm all for more 1960-1980 Big Boss operations.

duckroll said:
You probably need to grind a bit. But personally, I wouldn't really worry too much about it. If you haven't beaten the main story yet, it's normal.

Really? I was afraid that I should be getting it built by the end of the game because after that point I would think that there's no real point in making it, except that it's pretty cool. So I don't even need to worry about getting it complete until I've beaten all the main ops? D:

I guess I'll go grind on Pupa and Chrysalis for a little while just to be safe. Anyone feel like joining me? :p

Erigu

autobzooty said:
When you send your soldiers on Outer Ops, they gain experience. When you see it say "GMP +250" or whatever, what that means is, that soldier will now earn you 250 additional GMP for each in-game "day" (each mission you complete, basically).
I think it just means they're worth more, actually.
Unless I'm mistaken, you don't "earn" GMP. Your GMP is the sum of the GMP of your fighters minus the GMP you're currently investing in weapon and item development.
Your fighters gain experience, i.e. their GMP grows over time just by letting them be (you're notified when you've completed a mission), but sending them out in Outer Ops is more efficient (of course, it's also risky: they can get wounded or even killed).

As far as I know, you don't get static rewards from Outer Ops except for new recruits and items that your soldiers find.
You can also get some schematics and camo.

TheSeks

autobzooty said:
I guess I'll go grind on Pupa and Chrysalis for a little while just to be safe. Anyone feel like joining me? :p

I wouldn't mind trying co-op for the first time and Pupa is pretty easy. I don't have the second one unlocked yet and don't really want to spoiler that battle. But if you need the help, I'm willing. :lol

duckroll

I'm game for grinding Pupa if you need help. I have pretty advanced weapons, should be really easy. Maybe I'll even sit back and take photos.

TheSeks

Erigu said:
You can also get some schematics and camo.

I've gotten two co-op boxes from the two outer ops I've done. Tank and Tank Stun. Amusing, esp. since they want an R&D level of like 70 and I'm only R&D 17-25. :lol

I thought you only get one camo (that can be used in single/co-op) from outer ops though? Never knew about the schematics.

Erigu

TheSeks said:
I thought you only get one camo (that can be used in single/co-op) from outer ops though? Never knew about the schematics.
There are three uniforms you can only get in Outer Ops (including one that is quite valuable indeed... but SS difficulty, so good luck! ^^; ), and eight schematics.

Deadly

Vamphuntr said:
You have to use the homing missiles for this one.
Yeah but it takes time to lock-on and when you actually do it moves. If you miss the AI Pod it doesn't take out 1 bar and you'll have to use your LMG more which adds even more time.

Vamphuntr

Deadly said:
Yeah but it takes time to lock-on and when you actually do it moves. If you miss the AI Pod it doesn't take out 1 bar and you'll have to use your LMG more which adds even more time.

I beat it on my first try with the rank 3 homing missiles and got S rank... Just call support if you run out.

TheSeks

Haha, Duckroll having better equipment and getting pissed at Auto and I. :lol Duck starts to rush over to auto after he's ran over and I'm already there CPRing. :lol Should've just taken a photo.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
wait wati, is it necesary that I complete MG before I getto chap 4? cant I , fake finish the game and then go on grinding?

huh? no, I don't think you can mess up and have to start from scratch or anything.
You can finish chapter 4 without completing MG
you can continue after that.

A while back, Miller said something about octagonal struts for MSF but that we didn't have enough money. Is there a way to check my progress to that? My base hasn't grown in a while so do I have to increase my GMP before I can get bigger?

Vamphuntr

autobzooty said:
A while back, Miller said something about octagonal struts for MSF but that we didn't have enough money. Is there a way to check my progress to that? My base hasn't grown in a while so do I have to increase my GMP before I can get bigger?

Yes, Go to the mother base and database then mother base data. It will give you the level of each of your plants.

vall03

got some questions here:

* What do I get when I S-rank missions?
* Can I repeat extra-ops to gain some people and increase my proficiency in weapons and also for development?
* Any tips for the Hind? Ive been stuck in that boss fight for who knows how many hours since yesterday.

Takao

Banned
The new Joystiq has given the game a perfect score (5/5). Having played a bunch of missions both with friends, and alone, I can't say I don't agree.

Vamphuntr

vall03 said:
got some questions here:

* What do I get when I S-rank missions?
* Can I repeat extra-ops to gain some people and increase my proficiency in weapons and also for development?
* Any tips for the Hind? Ive been stuck in that boss fight for who knows how many hours since yesterday.

For certains missions when you get a S rank you unlock schematics. Having a lot of S rank will unlock codenames. You can repeat any missions Main or Extra.

The Hind at the waterfall? Throw smoke grenades at the group of soldiers then rush them with CQC. Fulton them and collect the fulton sys spread in the area. The Hind will then drop 3-4 groups of soldier. Repeat -> Smoke G-> Fulton until he drops no more soldiers. Then shoot rockets at him until the captain is targetable. Either Tranq him, blow him up to get the Hind and or the captain.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Verboten said:
Might want to edit this entire post, comrade. Even though I agree with you, this game is a system-seller.
Eeek i didnt mean anything by it. I dont have a psp and was just saying i really want to play it. I unfortunately cant game on the handhelds, cramps my neck too much.

Please dont ban me before E3?! have the mercy

vall03

Vamphuntr said:
For certains missions when you get a S rank you unlock schematics. Having a lot of S rank will unlock codenames. You can repeat any missions Main or Extra.

The Hind at the waterfall? Throw smoke grenades at the group of soldiers then rush them with CQC. Fulton them and collect the fulton sys spread in the area. The Hind will then drop 3-4 groups of soldier. Repeat -> Smoke G-> Fulton until he drops no more soldiers. Then shoot rockets at him until the captain is targetable. Either Tranq him, blow him up to get the Hind and or the captain.
FFFFuuu...!! I never thought of using CQC!! what I do is lure them in and wait for the Hind to shoot missiles so I can save ammo. Didnt knew also that it will run out of soldiers. Thanks for the idea, I just dont know if I can pull this off... :(

Shadow780 said:
No kidding, I don't even felt my legs when I went in, that PLUS the bursting bladders. :lol

It was worth it tho~ :D
It was awesome to meet you there, man. Wish I'd followed you straight to the Best Buy, our raffle tickets weren't worth cwap. :lol

I bet I was the only person insane enough to get Peace Walker signed twice, rather than two items done. I guess I sealed my fate when I asked to have the autograph on the interior white space without specifying that I wanted it ALL UP ON THAT instead of just at the UMD-side fold.

I look forward to spending the weekend just playing the game, but I wish I had a slim model to play with. The under-belly side of the UMD casing can get pretty scratched up in the original PSP models.

Shadow780

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
It was awesome to meet you there, man. Wish I'd followed you straight to the Best Buy, our raffle tickets weren't worth cwap. :lol

I bet I was the only person insane enough to get Peace Walker signed twice, rather than two items done. I guess I sealed my fate when I asked to have the autograph on the interior white space without specifying that I wanted it ALL UP ON THAT instead of just at the UMD-side fold.

I look forward to spending the weekend just playing the game, but I wish I had a slim model to play with. The under-belly side of the UMD casing can get pretty scratched up in the original PSP models.

Yeah totally it was a blast meeting you, we should do this again sometimes. :D

I should work on the game but I'm so fucking tired right now, looking forward to your AdHocparty!

Did I mess up?

At the bottom of the mine/Peace walker Hanger I get a QTE sequence but I didnt press the buttons right now I'm captured. Was this supposed to happen or was I supposed to fight my way out?

Deadly

ExtraKr1spy said:
Did I mess up?

At the bottom of the mine/Peace walker Hanger I get a QTE sequence but I didnt press the buttons right now I'm captured. Was this supposed to happen or was I supposed to fight my way out?
S'all good.

Vamphuntr

ExtraKr1spy said:
Did I mess up?

The torture scene is mandatory

Dwayne

Has anyone with a UK PSN account attempted to play adhoc with a US PSN account?

My flatmate and I have ordered BigBoss edition PSP's, but i'll be syncing mine with my US PSN account, while he'll be syncing with his UK one. Will they connect for multiplayer? We're also concerned he won't be able to access DLC with a UK account.

Top Bottom