• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

zurra

Tiktaalik said:
Anyone have any tips for beating the second boss?

With the first boss you could get by by killing all the guys and then killing the guy when he came out of the ATV. This time it seemed I didn't have that option. I tranq'd and fulton'd all the guards but the tank remained just a tank and my grenades didn't have a very strong affect. Will I have to truck my rocket launcher around with me?

Also how do you use the supply item to get new supplies? The game hinted that I should bring it with me but I couldn't figure out how to use it. :lol Nothing mentioned in the manual either.
i didn't realize you have to hurt the vehicle a bit before he pops out, so i hid behind a pillar for 5 minutes before i started doing anything. thought it was bugged...

but really, after you get rid of the guards just do some damage. i used the M16 and it didn't seem to be doing anything, but eventually three life chunks disappeared and the captain popped out. need something that beats it up more than grenades (which you'll run out of fairly quickly).

Vamphuntr

Srider said:
With fulton mine and launcher it is possible to beat it without killing anyone.

Sniper rifles with AP rounds can head shot guys with helmets in 1 shot.

Yes but to get the fulton launcher you have to beat 98 which requires beating 91. 91 is one of the most difficult to beat alone.

102,91,98 and 75 are all 5 stars vehicle missions. 98 being the last one of this unlock line. You basically get the fulton launcher schematic after beating 98. It's impossible to beat them alone only by using fulton mines and tranq weapons. The mine can be triggered by vehicles running on them or firing near them.

Sniping is also horrible for 91. If you stay in place for more than mere seconds you will get missiles in the face which will consumes two 5 ranks ration or curry to auto restore your life after being hit.

Salaadin

Where do I go from here:

I just finished Zadornov Search 6. ZEKE has all 4 main parts plus a jetpack and railgun. Now what? Guide says to do Extra Ops 1 and goto the 2nd floor. I did, nothing there

Vamphuntr

Salaadin said:
Where do I go from here:

I just finished Zadornov Search 6. ZEKE has all 4 main parts plus a jetpack and railgun. Now what? Guide says to do Extra Ops 1 and goto the 2nd floor. I did, nothing there

Miller has to call you. Do extra ops until he call you. He will says that Zardonov escaped again but he doesn't know where he went. Go to extra ops 1.

Salaadin

Vamphuntr said:
Miller has to call you. Do extra ops until he call you. He will says that Zardonov escaped again but he doesn't know where he went. Go to extra ops 1.

Thank you. got it.

EDIT: And finished with Chapter 5!

What a great game. I loved nearly every aspect of it from start to finish. Fantastic!
And the "Miller is found assassinated in him by an unknown assailant" gave me chills. Just like the "Sons of Big Boss are born" from MGS3.

I love these games. I know theres some complaints out there of the milking of this franchise but if they keep delivering us quality like this, Im all for it. I love this world and these characters too much now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
uh, now I see what some of the reviews mean with it not seemingly being balanced for single player. Currently fighting the
Pupa
, and running out of ammo without putting much of a dent in it. The game not pausing itself when I'm switching between weapons isn't helping either (i'm using the 3 slot option, but it's still very irritating).

suikodan

alr1ghtstart said:
uh, now I see what some of the reviews mean with it not seemingly being balanced for single player. Currently fighting the
Pupa
, and running out of ammo without putting much of a dent in it. The game not pausing itself when I'm switching between weapons isn't helping either (i'm using the 3 slot option, but it's still very irritating).

I had the following loadout for that boss:
Items:
Chips, rations
Weapons:
Two rocket launchers and the supply ammo radio

You shoot at the red cylinder with all the ammo you have, you call for supply once and shoot again. That's how I did it. You can also hide inside the exits to avoid some of the electrical charges.

mehdi_san

suikodan said:
I had the following loadout for that boss:
Items:
Chips, rations
Weapons:
Two rocket launchers and the supply ammo radio

You shoot at the red cylinder with all the ammo you have, you call for supply once and shoot again. That's how I did it. You can also hide inside the exits to avoid some of the electrical charges.
I did exactly the same. I didn't think it was too difficult to do in solo play, you just have to find the right tools and the right method for each boss.

I just defeated
cocoon
and it was really easy, once you developed the proper weapons is way more difficult to solo the vehicle bosses

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How do you get to the manual again in the PSN version? Checked in the XMB and it said no software manual available and then under Extras couldn't find it either.

alr1ghtstart said:
Pupa

Umm pretty weird, I entered that fight with only rations, the two rocket launchers I had at the time, dont remember the names :lol and I only needed to call for ammo one time.

Anyway, I just "discover" the 3 slot options while
fighting the Helicopter
and god, it is good to change between 2 rocket launchers to shoot almost inmediatly and then going cqc for the troops :D.

Salaadin

AstroLad said:
How do you get to the manual again in the PSN version? Checked in the XMB and it said no software manual available and then under Extras couldn't find it either.

I think they excluded the manual from the PSN release.

suikodan

Salaadin said:

MGS PO doesn't have a manual either.
I have the manual for the UMD version. It doesn't say much. It annoys me since there are a lot of graphic stuff appearing on screen that I don't know what they mean.

For example: when you shoot enemies, it's either blue ou red with numbers. What does it mean?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Salaadin said:
shiiiiiiit

i asked before and someone in here said there was a manual in-game. several people i think

ah well i woulda gotten it anyway but that's annoying

anddo0

autobzooty said:
Just cleared chapter four.

Bravo

I gotta kick it into high gear after E3. I'm 25+ hours in and have barley made into chapter 2. I beat the
chopper
before taking a break for E3.

Chairhome

I love this game so much. Is ad hoc party the only way to play online? I'm on travel and I want to play with my brother. Still on the first chapter, but I'm blown away at how much you can do with this game. What control scheme are you guys using? I prefer shooter.

Salaadin

AstroLad said:
shiiiiiiit

i asked before and someone in here said there was a manual in-game. several people i think

ah well i woulda gotten it anyway but that's annoying

I mightve been one of those people. Manuals are included with every PSN game I own. I have no idea why they excluded it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Salaadin said:
I mightve been one of those people. Manuals are included with every PSN game I own. I have no idea why they excluded it.
it's cool seems like it sucks anyway; i just wanted to get a sense of the basics b/c there's a good deal going on early

Salaadin

AstroLad said:
it's cool seems like it sucks anyway; i just wanted to get a sense of the basics b/c there's a good deal going on early

Yeah the manual is thick when you pick it up until you realize its written in 4 langauges or something.

Maybe theres a scan online you can view?

demon arm

alr1ghtstart said:
Pupa
Huey
tells you all you need to know about the fight over the codec:
Shoot the jets (3 rockets each on my first attempt), then it will stop boosting around. Shoot the front tracks (2-3 rockets each?), it will stop doing its rearing up and shock attack. Then shoot the crap out of the AI pod. And remember to lie the fuck down when its boosting =)

2 rocket launchers and a support drop are really helpful as others have been saying.

Masaki_

So,
I know you're supposed to go to Extra Ops 1 as Snake once you complete Zadornov Search Mission 6, but how the fuck are you supposed to know that? Are you supposed to simply deduce he's still in the base or what?
Now I feel bad for coming to the internet for help, but the game gives no hints.

suikodan said:
MGS PO doesn't have a manual either.
I have the manual for the UMD version. It doesn't say much. It annoys me since there are a lot of graphic stuff appearing on screen that I don't know what they mean.

For example: when you shoot enemies, it's either blue ou red with numbers. What does it mean?

blue is anesthetic damage, you send them to sleep with that. red is lethal damage with real bullets and the like.

thefil

Just went and S-ranked all the Fulton and Demolition missions. Didn't really get anything except for one camo as a reward, but I'm slowly making my way to the more interesting stuff. :D

I'm pretty sure some of these missions will be impossible solo though. Such as defending three supply points nonlethally...

S1lent

Any long time fans of the series that have beaten the main storyline want to share their (vague, spoiler free) thoughts on the story?

Salaadin

S1lent said:
Any long time fans of the series that have beaten the main storyline want to share their (vague, spoiler free) thoughts on the story?

Its a nice, simple yet interesting addition to the Big Boss story that doesnt get caught up in itself so much that it ends up doing damage.

S1lent said:

Story seems to take the good parts of Metal Gear story telling while getting rid of the bad parts. It's not overly wordy, but it's still fascinating and towards the end, it was just getting ridiculously exciting to see what would happen next.

The Boss is a big focus in this story, and she's handled with extreme care. She's never demystified, and yet they were able to really go back and revisit the character in a meaningful way. I loved it.

Can anyone help me out in some coops? I got some missions that I'm stuck on. I wouldn't mind grinding some AIs, either. :)

Tiktaalik

So for the part where you have to get the keycard from the guy near the quetzal: Err... how far do you have to go? I've gone down through 4 areas, past where I fought the helicopter, and I still haven't seen any guys in orange or quetzal calls. Am I missing something?

Vamphuntr

Tiktaalik said:
So for the part where you have to get the keycard from the guy near the quetzal: Err... how far do you have to go? I've gone down through 4 areas, past where I fought the helicopter, and I still haven't seen any guys in orange or quetzal calls. Am I missing something?

In the very first area of the jungle. Where the chapter started. The guy is indeed in orange

S1lent

Salaadin said:
Its a nice, simple yet interesting addition to the Big Boss story that doesnt get caught up in itself so much that it ends up doing damage.

autobzooty said:
Story seems to take the good parts of Metal Gear story telling while getting rid of the bad parts. It's not overly wordy, but it's still fascinating and towards the end, it was just getting ridiculously exciting to see what would happen next.

The Boss is a big focus in this story, and she's handled with extreme care. She's never demystified, and yet they were able to really go back and revisit the character in a meaningful way. I loved it.

Thanks guys. :D

Got to Chapter 2 today.
Beat the Hind-D, and ended my play for today.
I must say, this game is just amazing looking for a PSP game.

Jigsaw

Banned
this game isnt even out in europe yet,its a damn shame that the mgs3ds announcement completely overshadows this game :\

JWong said:
Is there any way to get infrastructure going?

There's no way I can beat these
Monster Hunter
bosses.

Do you usually
play Monster Hunter
though?
Just wondering if the difficulty is due to unfamiliarity or if its just plain hard.:D

Zen

Banned
JWong said:

Monster Hunter
bosses.

Give your PS3 a wired connection and download Adhoc party, that will let you play any PSP game 'online'.

Sallokin

Moving through this one slowly. Wish I had more time to play =(

Can someone help me out though. Why does Naked Snake have a huge scar on his chest now? I don't remember that happening in Portable Ops. Is that something that's explained later on in PW or are we just supposed to be like "oh cool, he's got a huge scar now."

Vamphuntr

JWong said:

Monster Hunter
bosses.

Grind more and make sure you bring Rank 5 weapons. I beat all of those alone. I'm almost done with all extra ops and I did all of them alone. It's difficult but you have to learn the pattern and grind. Bring the Carl Gustav Rank 5, lvl 3 and fire away.

Captain N

this is gonna sound crazy, but how do i answer a call..when it keeps popping up at the bottom of the screen call. i can't figure it out. i got it on the go and can't find out how to do it anywhere.

Captain N said:
this is gonna sound crazy, but how do i answer a call..when it keeps popping up at the bottom of the screen call. i can't figure it out. i got it on the go and can't find out how to do it anywhere.

You don't answer calls in this game. They just talk at you over the radio while you're playing.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
oh crap! the thrid "find Zadornov" mission was awesome, I spent almost 1 hour being super stealth to check all the freaking map when the fucker was just turn around in a tree in the most safe zone on the map :lol :lol thanks god for the NVGoogles!

Top Bottom